Mini 774: Case Closed Mafia (One Truth Prevails!)

madeofphail
madeofphail
Goon
madeofphail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 1:11 am

Post by madeofphail »

Korlash, I never stated that the mislynch was a wagon.I was fully aware that this vote took a considerable amount of time to go through. I said who was on the vote, in other words, who saw it fit to lynch firestarter. I'm just trying to look for reasons. I apologize if you feel that I misrepresented you. If you would like to restate for me why you saw fit to vote firestarter, I would be very happy.

To answer the strangercoug question: I can't reveal any more until he claims. Once he does I will explain fully.
The name is quite fitting, don't you think?
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 5:47 am

Post by Korlash »

No you pretty much can sum why I voted him up in that post more or less, but "seeing it fit to lynch him' along with why I kept my vote on him dealt a lot with, you know, other posts. In fact I was pretty vocal about why I felt he should be lynched yesterday and nothing I said is reflected in my vote post.

I feel it should be pretty obvious why i wanted Fire lynched and yet you failed to mention it. I just think that proves you have a huge hole in your sum hunting process somewhere.

Also you can't mislynch without a wagon... so... I think it's a fair substitution of words.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 8:46 am

Post by Battousai »

Sorry I haven't posted much today. I've been sick, so since I feel better today I will try and catch up.

I'm not in support of getting Lin to claim, at least not until madeofphail says why.

madeofphail you need to claim, I have reasons to believe you to be scum! See that doesn't make you want to go as scum: "damn, I'm scum and better make a case as to not claim or come up with a fake claim" or as town: "I don't want anyone to think I am scum, I better claim that I'm town."
Lindisfarne
Lindisfarne
Goon
Lindisfarne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 8:50 am

Post by Lindisfarne »

Hershal Agasa, Tracker. last night's track was Kairyuu: who did not target anyone.

Now care to explain yourself? Your reasoning behind this had better be damn good.
[i][color=red]"He looks like the type of guy who can marathon write no matter his alignment without looking scummy at all." -Xtoxm[/color][/i]
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 8:53 am

Post by Korlash »

Naw Phail should reevalute what he has that makes him think Lind is scum and balance as to how good it is versus how likely he is wrong.

The way i see it either he has a night action result which has a good chance of not proving Lind scum regardless or he is basing this off some gut suspicion or yeterday's actions in which case a case is needed before a claim...

So Phail how sure are you that whatever evidence you have is not only good enough to justify, but will definitely provide us with something useful if and when Lind claims?

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 8:58 am

Post by Korlash »

Lind wrote:Hershal Agasa, Tracker. last night's track was Kairyuu: who did not target anyone.
I'm curious as to why Gorrad would give you a misspelled character name... interesting... Too bad this is hardly conclusive...

But more to the point, flavor? And why did you track Kair?

Lindisfarne
Lindisfarne
Goon
Lindisfarne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 9:17 am

Post by Lindisfarne »

The name itself was directly copied and pasted from the PM, so yes, that wasn't an error on my part.

My reasoning on Kair was mostly meta, actually. Him and I have a bit of history together on MS. I know his attitude when he plays. The aggressiveness? It's there regardless of his alignment. Even as a cop, I would prefer to investigate a stronger player that I'm 50/50 on, than a weaker on that I feel is more likely to be scum. From my experience with him, kai is one of those stronger players. It was actually a bit of a toss up between observing him, or you, korlash. But your actions, although I don't fully agree with your logic most of the time, ring very town to me.

I did not have any sort of quote like firestarter.

It went on to say that I am an inventor, and through the use of my "toys" (the word the mod used) I am able to track a single player's actions at night.
[i][color=red]"He looks like the type of guy who can marathon write no matter his alignment without looking scummy at all." -Xtoxm[/color][/i]
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

I'm not fond of madeofphail now having outed a power role. Kairyuu went nowhere last night according to Lindisfarne, and for all intents and purposes madeofphail should not have done this. I can see madeofphail misplaying insane or paranoid cop, but this early in the day I'm more inclined to believe the force to claim is by scum rather than cop.

Vote: madeofphail
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
madeofphail
madeofphail
Goon
madeofphail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by madeofphail »

Lindisfarne is lying through his teeth. I am, or at least was, Jimmy Kudo, Tracker. Lindisfarne is telling the truth about targetting Kairyuu last night, but unless we have two trackers
and
a cop, he's probably scum lying because he knew he was caught.

I know I said I
was
Jimmy Kudo and a Tracker. I'm not any more. Last night someone targetted me with the shrinking drug thing, and I was morphed into Conan Edagawa, Vig. I can use my super powered shoes to kill someone each night phase starting tonight. I was told of this change at the beginning of the day, and also given the results of my track of Lindisfarne.

I tracked Lindisfarne last night because I didn't like the way he made a few posts filled with content but then totally disappeared. It looked like scum securing a town image and then disappearing when the shit hit the fan. Looks like I was right.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by Sajin »

unvote; vote Lindisfarne

Man this is alot of day 1 claiming.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

It's Day 2 actually Sajin, and two claims (one fake) isn't really all that much methinks, especially since we just caught lying scum in LF. Things are looking up.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
madeofphail
madeofphail
Goon
madeofphail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by madeofphail »

I can't believe I've forgotten to do this, so
vote: Lindsifarne

sorry for forgetting to do this....i must remember to proofread my posts.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 2:59 pm

Post by Sajin »

True (I am used to night start games, forgive me). We can theorize the pictures tomorrow.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@phail: You voted when you asked for a claim, so that second vote was irrelevent.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 5:03 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Unvote: madeofphail
and
vote: Lindisfarne
. I'm not about to advocate the lynch of a vigilante.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 5:38 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Vote Count:

Lindisfarne(4): madeofphail, Kairyuu, Sajin, StrangerCoug

Not Voting(6): Inquisitor Vulcan Skorn, Lindisfarne, Millar13, Korlash, Battousai, alexhans

Prodding Inquisitor Vulcan Skorn.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 9:30 pm

Post by Korlash »

@ Lind: You have no flavor aside from the toys thing?

@ Phail: How in the hell does targeting Kair make you think Lind was scum? Doc, RB, Jailkeep, watcher, vig, none of those entered your mind? He targes someone and there-fore is scum? This is a pretty big mishap on your part if you really are the "tracker."

I'm not leaning either way at this point. Although like SC i'd probably not risk the vig if it comes to a toss up. I still think we can weed out the liar though.

millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 12:15 am

Post by millar13 »

Vote: Lindisfarne
yeah accuse me of jumping on the wagon if you want, but seems the best option right now.
Town Record: 6-6
Mafia Record: 1-2
Special Roles: 0-1
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 2:44 am

Post by alexhans »

Sajin wrote:
SCs meta from what I have gathered from previous games is to counter attack attackers when he is scum. He was not paying me any attention until I voted him with little to no case. It sure got a rise though. That was the goal take it or leave it.
sooo... Sc is with Kayriuu? I doubt it...
Sajin wrote:I still doubt kairyuu is a cop. He left way too obvious of a breadcrumb for that. I do not think he has any PR. Bad play on his part in any case.
lol. Way too obvious?? I don't even SEE it.

Made 644: You're comprising BADLY the cases that players had against fire. Research more. Start at the beginning where the actual cases take shape.
made wrote:
Also, I believe that now is as good a time as any for this.
Lindisfarne, you need to claim right now, I have reason to believe that you are scum.
I don't like one player asking another to claim like that but it's too late.

@Korlash: How about you give us that list today, now that you're alive?
MAde wrote:Lindisfarne is lying through his teeth. I am, or at least was, Jimmy Kudo, Tracker. Lindisfarne is telling the truth about targetting Kairyuu last night, but unless we have two trackers and a cop, he's probably scum lying because he knew he was caught.
Is it too strange to have 2 trackers and a cop? unbalanced?
Made wrote:I know I said I was Jimmy Kudo and a Tracker. I'm not any more. Last night someone targetted me with the shrinking drug thing, and I was morphed into Conan Edagawa, Vig. I can use my super powered shoes to kill someone each night phase starting tonight. I was told of this change at the beginning of the day, and also given the results of my track of Lindisfarne.
mmm... this is weird. Why would someone target YOU with the drug? Why did you reveal you were a vig? What do we gain from it?
Sajin wrote:
unvote; vote Lindisfarne

Man this is alot of day 1 claiming.
You sure switch votes fast dude... SC, Kair, LF.
SC wrote:
Unvote: madeofphail and vote: Lindisfarne
. I'm not about to advocate the lynch of a vigilante.
Another fast switcher...mmmm...
Korlash wrote:Phail: How in the hell does targeting Kair make you think Lind was scum? Doc, RB, Jailkeep, watcher, vig, none of those entered your mind? He targes someone and there-fore is scum? This is a pretty big mishap on your part if you really are the "tracker."
I, too, would like to know this.
millar wrote:
Vote: Lindisfarne
yeah accuse me of jumping on the wagon if you want, but seems the best option right now.
Piece of advice. Scum hunt for yourself. And give a reason. Not just that it "seems the best option". If I wasn't excusing you for your bad play (IMO) I would see this as scummy.
----------
Some older stuff
SC wrote:By my watch, Firestarter died two hours ago, and we've got a solid base behind it. I'm sure he'll flip scum.
Trying to appear town eh?? How does this affect your scumhunting confidence?
[qutoe="SC 614"]I buy the alexhans case, but I still want to go after Sajin tomorrow. I don't want either of them alive in the endgame at this point. [/quote]
He who easyly accuses of lining up lynches does too. funny. He knows I'm after him. He wants me out.
I ask what's my case again...
SC wrote:I've gone through this already. Misrep, WIFOM...
Riiiiight.
SC wrote:Not really, but I'm still giving you a general idea. I've already gone into detail.
Behold, SC's case on me

Read it. Yeah, I know. It SUCKS. Yeah, I know, he is afraid I targetted him and preemtivily voted me. Yeah, I know. He switches conveniently and leaves a lot of people as possible scum so he can move swiftly from one to anothe without commiting.

The way he tries to look both sides of a conversation look wrong is amazing... Millar,fire. Kair, Alexhans. Made,Lindis. always.

Seriously, study his ISO (at least from the moment I came into the game).

He squirms his way through and makes little points about semantics.
--------
Should I die at any point of this game. DONT forget about SC.

I'm waiting to see what comes out of LF vs Made but if I don't see real reasons to vote any of them I'm definetly going back to SC.
I'm back...
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 3:19 am

Post by Battousai »

alexhans wrote:@624: Battou agrees wit Sajin, apparently.
Battou wrote:He either has a night action, or is interested in Fire's flip. I wonder which...? :roll:
Either not understanding what I typed or misrep. I'm thinking it's the former for now. I do not agree with Sajin at all on that subject.
Kairyuu wrote:I am highly confident that there is at least one scum among that list of lurkers.
Disagree. Lurking = nulltell, unless they are actively lurking. Hmm... Madeofphail posted right after the Kairyuu post on lurking. Then he doesn't answer kairyuu's question:
Kairyuu wrote:How many people need to disagree with you before you listen to reason?
and instead wants Lindis to claim, which gets Kairyuu to unvote and go with his plan, and forgetting his own question.

FoS: madeofphail

Lindis claims, and surprise, surprise, surprise (cookie for anyone who gets the quote ;)) he claims a powerrole.

Madeofphail: Lindis is scum because there can't be two trackers in a detective show themed game? Note that this is a detective show themed game, you became another role so there technically was only 2 trackers during N1, Kairyuu didn't die last night. Why did none of these things go through your mind before you wanted lindis to claim (I know the 2 tracker is after the claim bit) and for everyone voting Lindis- or through your mind before voting Lindis?
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 3:39 am

Post by alexhans »

Battousai wrote:
alexhans wrote:@624: Battou agrees wit Sajin, apparently.
Battou wrote:He either has a night action, or is interested in Fire's flip. I wonder which...? :roll:
Either not understanding what I typed or misrep. I'm thinking it's the former for now. I do not agree with Sajin at all on that subject.
No. Re-reading I saw what you meant even though I had to double take to finally get it. If it wasn't for the smiley... You maybe need to be a bit clearer in the future with that kind of stuff.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 4:09 am

Post by Battousai »

Then you intentionally misrep'd? If you understood what I meant, then why did you say I agreed with Sajin?
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 4:20 am

Post by alexhans »

Battousai wrote:Then you intentionally misrep'd? If you understood what I meant, then why did you say I agreed with Sajin?
^^ THIS is one thing I DONT like about you. All the time trying to make others look bad for silly things.
I misunderstood you the first time I read that post (I thought you were on Sajin's side).
I posted my first post of this day 2.
Today(IRL), I made a swift re-read of the last events.
I read your post again and almost had the same read but deduced, thanks to the smiley, that you were actually saying that Sajin's post was ridiculous or something like that.
Then I see your post telling me off for that and I responded.

Clear?

Something else... Did you notice I said "apparently"? That was because I found odd that you were agreeing with him.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 7:01 am

Post by Battousai »

Ok, you never said when you reread, so I assumed you would reread during night/right after night flip. I also did notice apparently. You may have thought it to be odd, you still said I agreed.

Anyways....

You said yesterday that by me not going into the fight and only commenting on it afterwards all that was scummy about it, I was trying to stay in background (paraphrasing). Do you still believe that, even though by me saying what I thought brings out people to defend themselves/attack me for it?
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 7:16 am

Post by alexhans »

I really don't know what to think of you Battou. First you attacked my defense against Kair but then, when we were done, you called his case crap... Why not before?

Would you care to assemble a list like me and Kair did? All the players and what you think about them? Because I don't know what your thoughts are, really.
I'm back...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”