Mini 774: Case Closed Mafia (One Truth Prevails!)

Lindisfarne
Lindisfarne
Goon
Lindisfarne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Lindisfarne »

Allow me to clarify things a bit. Well, not a bit, a lot.

Phail doesn't think I am scum because I claimed tracker and he says he's a tracker. He thinks I'm scum because he tracked me, and saw that I targeted both kairyuu, and him. And he claims that due to a drug, he is now a different character.

And he is absolutely right, I'll explain.

I am a tracker, yes. In fact
Kairyuu, did you make a night action last night, or no?

That will settle that.

Note when I described my character, I said I was an inventor who uses "toys" (that was the wording from the PM, but also take note that it is plural). Tracking is NOT my only ability. I have two, actually. Which can both be used each night. The thing is, I had no idea what my second ability DID.

In my role description PM, when describing my second ability, My PM said (wording change to avoid a modkill), That I crafted a new invention that is so advanced, I don't even know what it does! (exclamation kept, as it was in the PM and I found the whole thing a bit funny) Each night, I can target someone with my top secret toy, that it does not replace my tracking ability (I had to ask the mod about this, to verify, it can be used every night with my ability) and can be used on any living player in the game.

It wasn't easy deciding who to test it on, since I had no idea what could happen. I actually thought, at one point, to test it on myself. But I decided to err to the side of caution. That is why I chose madeofphail. Made was a replacement, we had little to go on with him I figured that with a ability that could be either good or bad, it was best to use on someone that I was split on.

You calling me out was a bit of a shocker, I had no idea what happened to you with my device, I sure as hell wasn't expecting it to be the drug from the manga.

That said, I'm glad you clarified just what that ability I have is, but a few things do still linger on my mind.

You said you became a character and received a new role, correct? What of your alignment? did it clarify in the new PM what your alignment was?

Turning a tracker into a vig is an improvement, in my eyes. I am wondering if the drug only has upgrading effects coinciding with the anime? If so, I would assume that, in this game, there is also a Sherry, and the effect on that character would be an upgrade as well.

This is quite a bit to take in and to dwell on, what happens if the drug is used on someone besides jimmy and sherry? would it kill them? would it make them a vig too? How can we best utilize this?

There is still the thought in my mind as well that Made may be an SK, and not a Vig.

What's everyone's thoughts? I can support a lynch on me if we have whatever investigative roles we have investigate Made. I'm trying to come up with some scenarios and percents that best benefit town, but there's too many factors (and it doesn't help that I just got off of work and am dead tired).
[i][color=red]"He looks like the type of guy who can marathon write no matter his alignment without looking scummy at all." -Xtoxm[/color][/i]
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 10:10 am

Post by Sajin »

and why did you not claim the double target at the beginning? And you are still sticking to your tracker claim?
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 10:16 am

Post by Sajin »

unvote
in the meantime.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 11:16 am

Post by Korlash »

First things first...
Alex wrote:@Korlash: How about you give us that list today, now that you're alive?
I don't do lists, I find them pointless and a waste of time. I will hhowever state it is obvious my top two suspects at this time are Phail and Lind.

On to other things...
lind wrote:Phail doesn't think I am scum because I claimed tracker and he says he's a tracker. He thinks I'm scum because he tracked me, and saw that I targeted both kairyuu, and him. And he claims that due to a drug, he is now a different character.
Funny that he said "someone" targeted him and not you targeted him. It's fairly obvious he did not know you targeted him otherwise he should have said something.

I myself was in a similar situation. In Doctor who I had two abilities. When tracked i assumed the tracker saw them both so I had to make up something quick to explain two targets. However, the tracker only tracked my main "ability" while my second was untrackable. Because of this I was outed due to my stupidly trying to explain two when it was unecessary. The most importatnt detail to remember is I was mafia.
Lind wrote:I am a tracker, yes. In fact Kairyuu, did you make a night action last night, or no?
How about since you are on the lynch wagon you tell us what he did and he confirms or denies it.
Lind wrote:In my role description PM, when describing my second ability, My PM said (wording change to avoid a modkill), That I crafted a new invention that is so advanced, I don't even know what it does! (exclamation kept, as it was in the PM and I found the whole thing a bit funny) Each night, I can target someone with my top secret toy, that it does not replace my tracking ability (I had to ask the mod about this, to verify, it can be used every night with my ability) and can be used on any living player in the game.
I don't deny your character could use his toys to track, nor do I eny it's possible you can do two actions a night. I do find it hard to believe Igasa would not only invent something he didn't know what it did but also that it is the drug that turned Jimmy to a kid. The drug is experiemental, the holders didn't know what it did, but it sure as hell wasn't Igasa's toy to play with.
Lind wrote:It wasn't easy deciding who to test it on, since I had no idea what could happen. I actually thought, at one point, to test it on myself. But I decided to err to the side of caution. That is why I chose madeofphail. Made was a replacement, we had little to go on with him I figured that with a ability that could be either good or bad, it was best to use on someone that I was split on.
You can target yourself? Now your role is just getting rediculus...
Lind wrote:There is still the thought in my mind as well that Made may be an SK, and not a Vig.
Both of these scenarios have one thing in common, that we leave him alive and allow the mafia to deal with it. Meaning you might as well be saying you want us to lynch you in this sentence.
lind wrote:What's everyone's thoughts? I can support a lynch on me if we have whatever investigative roles we have investigate Made.
Talk about ironic...
Sajin wrote:and why did you not claim the double target at the beginning? And you are still sticking to your tracker claim?
Not to answer for him but in a situation like this if his role is real only an idiot claim it all at once. Especially when he had no real reason to claim in the first place.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 11:21 am

Post by Korlash »

EBWOP:
Korlash wrote:I myself was in a similar situation. In Doctor who I had two abilities. When tracked i assumed the tracker saw them both so I had to make up something quick to explain two targets. However, the tracker only tracked my main "ability" while my second was untrackable. Because of this I was outed due to my stupidly trying to explain two when it was unecessary. The most importatnt detail to remember is I was mafia.
A lot get's mixed up when i cut out to search for an old game thread. I was "scum" not "mafia" more specifically I was the SK. I also wanted to mention that this claim from him tells me that he does at least most probably have two abilities. If he was lying about that it seems like a pretty big gamble for something he could have easily acomplished in some less dangerous way. I'm not saying this is any reason to believe his claim but anyone doubting it should probably try to figure out why he as scum would have two targets last night.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 11:52 am

Post by Battousai »

Not trying to outguess the mod, but why would Hershel make the drug that turns Jimmy to Conan? In the show, Conan tries to get a sample of the drug so that Hershel can make an antidote. It makes no sense in that fashion. Another thing, why would a player be given the task to use the drug on another player? The player would only have a 1 in 11 chance of finding Jimmy. What I think is that Jimmy was turned into Conan by... THE MOD after N1 or by the scum (We would like to turn Jimmy into Conan tonight).

I was on the fence, especially since I feel it is bad play by madeofphail to try and out someone on D2 because they targeted someone (and that person wasn't the deceased). Then Lin claimed tracker and later as what I would call an inventor (makes since with role), but when you claimed you turned Jimmy into Conan, that just screams liar.

Vote: Lindisfarne

Alexhans- From yesterday only, my biggest suspects were (not including Fire): Sajin and millar13.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Vote Count:

Lindisfarne(5): madeofphail, Kairyuu, StrangerCoug, Millar13, Battousai

Not Voting(5): Inquisitor Vulcan Skorn, Lindisfarne, Korlash, alexhans, Sajin
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 12:53 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Still happy with my vote on LF. I will neither confirm nor deny of I have a Night action, since I think that you're scum trying to signal to your buddies whether or not I'm a power role. The tracker counterclaim plus the change-up in your claim when phail said he got targetted screams caught scum to me.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 8:23 pm

Post by Korlash »

I still think Lind should claim who he tracked Kair to. Kair can either confirm or deny it if he wants but it's kinda a point of confirmation in Lind's favor and I can't agree to ignore it.

I do find myself agreeing with Bat that the Igasa should be an Inventor, not a tracker. Or you know, a DOCTOR. One or the other... But tracker is starting to make less sense.

base on Gorrad's Deathnote he seems to do a good job of matching abilities to flavor of roles so I do find this nsanely hard to fathom. I find Conan being a vig a little hard to believe but it's a flavor thing that gets plused during anime to mafia configuration so I guess I can accept it.

Anyways my ramblings aside I'm all for voting Lind but I would still like some back and forth so no vote right now.

Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 8:50 am

Post by Kairyuu »

LF already claimed that he tracked me to no one. I would rather not say whether he is right or not, because then his scumbuddies will know if I have a power role. I'd rather not die either way.

Of course, of a majority of people call for me to claim I will. Just take note that I'd rather not.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 9:00 am

Post by Sajin »

I would like some of the promised cases that were going to occur today, to be posted as well as some more discussion. I am willing to hammer after that occurs.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 9:52 am

Post by Korlash »

Kair wrote:LF already claimed that he tracked me to no one. I would rather not say whether he is right or not, because then his scumbuddies will know if I have a power role. I'd rather not die either way.
Where did he claim this? And no, if he claims this you shouldn't say anything.

Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 1:11 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@Korlash: Post 653 on page 27. His claim post.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 10:13 pm

Post by Korlash »

Ah I see...

Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 1:03 am

Post by Gorrad »

Looking for a replacement for Inquisitor Vulcan Skorn
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 3:34 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Damnit. This is the third time he's done this.

@phail: Just friggen shoot IVS tonight. It's almost D3 and there is NO READ that ANYONE has been able to get on him because he has posted I believe only once, and his predecessor was the same. A good shot methinks, and saves the trouble of finding yet another replacement.

@whoever isn't voting LF: Hammer please. LF is obvscum and needs to die. Hesitation is one of the major failings of the current site meta in my opinion.
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 4:02 am

Post by alexhans »

I'm gonna hammer. Anyone want's to add anything do it now.

Ok. LF's claims now that he tracked kair AND supplied the injection?

NOT BUYING IT. He didn't say anything before.
Kor wrote:Funny that he said "someone" targeted him and not you targeted him. It's fairly obvious he did not know you targeted him otherwise he should have said something.
Damn Right. 1 is lying. so if we mislynch we know who to lynch next.

@Kor: He did. He said kair didn't night acted on anyone.

remember who first voted Made when the issue started. Let's not forget bussing is a possibility.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 9:09 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Nothing new to report on him, alexhans, so hammer when ready.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 9:20 am

Post by alexhans »

I've left people a decent time....

But this will be a loooong night until we find Inquisitor's replacement so I'm a bit reluctant to actually hammer....

of the people not voting:
Inquisitor Vulcan Skorn:
is not here.
Lindisfarne:
obv won't vote himself...
Korlash: What are you waiting for? Didn't you say earlier that you prefered to lynch and cut the discussion?
Sajin: What cases are you waiting for?
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 9:36 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Those who hesitate are lost, alexhans. IVS is an asshole for ditching without telling the mod AGAIN, so I suggested that phail just shoot him to save Gorrad the trouble of finding a replacement.

Just drop the hammer and stop procrastinating already.
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 9:41 am

Post by alexhans »

I've been wanting to do this ASCII drawing for a long time...

=======[]

Hammertime!!!!

Vote Lindisfarne

Those who hesitate are lost, alexhans. IVS is an asshole for ditching without telling the mod AGAIN, so I suggested that phail just shoot him to save Gorrad the trouble of finding a replacement.

Just drop the hammer and stop procrastinating already.
eager to use your night action :lol: :lol: [/JOKE]
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 9:43 am

Post by alexhans »

I stick to what I said...

One of them is lying.

So if he doesn't flip scum (although I can't see why this would happen) we should go after Made tomorrow.
Lindisfarne
Lindisfarne
Goon
Lindisfarne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 9:45 am

Post by Lindisfarne »

lynch me at your leisure. In the sport of the game, I won't vote myself.

I am a tracker, and I tracked Kairyuu. He did not target anyone.

He refuses to confirm this, and my flip will reveal it, and I'm sure a slew of people will be wondering why the hell he hid this information, when admitting it would have cleared that fact about me (given it seems some people don't believe agasa would be a tracker) It is also startling to me why, instead of talking things out like he was keen on before, he is very blatantly trying to end today. I still have no honest idea what my second ability is, but if made is lying he deserves an award. It has also not been said if he MUST chose a target or if he has the choice not to. This NEEDS to be cleared before today ends. Having a vig choosing on their own who to kill is a liability and a half. Town needs to discuss and plot out who should be targeted beforehand, and weight the effectiveness of choosing a target. I won't participate in that conversation, since my input will be chalked off as scum trying to prod town in a direction.

Disregard this until after my flip, since it obviously won't be given a second thought until then:

D2 had a lot of wonkiness brought out, and instead of properly sorting through it, votes were rushed. I don't believe made is scum, I did target him, and his story is too elaborate to BS.

Bat, throughout this whole game has been sitting 50/50 on my radar. I see him a possible SK.

Kairyuu did not target anyone. Look at how gungho he is about this lynch. Even so, he is a precise player. If he had, in fact targeted someone, he would have used that as evidence against me. His only logic now is that my role reeks of scum. But instead of building more on that case, like he usually does, he just pushes that as hard as he can. I think he, out of everyone, would be the best investigation choice tonight.

Miller's actions d1 speak town.

Korlash I am fairly sure is town. Once you get past the attitude he shows at times, he is logical. He wasn't trying to rush today, and would rather have conversation than a quick lynch. Scum love quick lynches.

Saijin and SC both seemed slightly shifty, but I didn't have enough to go on either of them to peg either down.

I'm not going to contest any votes on me, since I am the best lynch, information-wise, for town today. I'll answer any questions anyone might have for me. It might give you guys some insight tomorrow.
[i][color=red]"He looks like the type of guy who can marathon write no matter his alignment without looking scummy at all." -Xtoxm[/color][/i]
Lindisfarne
Lindisfarne
Goon
Lindisfarne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 9:46 am

Post by Lindisfarne »

"Bah"
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 9:49 am

Post by alexhans »

If you acted upon 2 players... Why didn't you say so before made spoke about the injection? Why didn't you mention the said injection before?
I'm back...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”