Mini 774: Case Closed Mafia (One Truth Prevails!)

Lindisfarne
Lindisfarne
Goon
Lindisfarne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 9:51 am

Post by Lindisfarne »

Read what korlash said before. I had no idea what that ability was. You never reveal everything. And I never, at any point, said tracking was my only role. This has been covered.
[i][color=red]"He looks like the type of guy who can marathon write no matter his alignment without looking scummy at all." -Xtoxm[/color][/i]
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 9:52 am

Post by alexhans »

2 minutes late eh Lindis? Care to answer anyway?
I'm back...
Lindisfarne
Lindisfarne
Goon
Lindisfarne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 9:52 am

Post by Lindisfarne »

One minute late on your part there alex.
[i][color=red]"He looks like the type of guy who can marathon write no matter his alignment without looking scummy at all." -Xtoxm[/color][/i]
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 10:19 am

Post by Korlash »

Alex wrote:Korlash: What are you waiting for? Didn't you say earlier that you prefered to lynch and cut the discussion?
There's that twisting of my words again. Is it just me or do none of you like me? What I was arguing yesterday pertained specifically towards Fire. I do not hold that same view towards every lynch. Today is a LOT different from yesterday, the key difference is the fact we are looking at two tracker claims, this means our lynch candidates are 2, not one like it was yesterday. So no, cutting the discussion today is not as helpful nor as good an idea as it was yesterday. Although all this is moot now...
alex wrote:I stick to what I said...

One of them is lying.

So if he doesn't flip scum (although I can't see why this would happen) we should go after Made tomorrow.
Is there anything besides the fact they both claimed tracker that made you come to this conclusion? Or is this just becuase you find it unethical for a mod to put in two trackers?
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 10:23 am

Post by Korlash »

and just so no one gets me wrong i don't disagree with the lynch, my stance is fully behind Lind as the lynch, I would just have rather seen Phail's responce to a lot of his new stuff. I mean seriously, we just ended the day without Phail commenting on 675 which were responces I was looking forward too...

*sigh* See if we had just ended the day yesterday we would have had all that extra time to put into TODAY where we needed it...

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 11:02 am

Post by Sajin »

A couple people on this vote said they would post cases today and did not. They are likely scum regardless of the flip of the lynchee.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 11:32 am

Post by Korlash »

Who exactly and what cases specifically? saying some people didn't do stuff doesn't help me...

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by Battousai »

Sajin wrote:A couple people on this vote said they would post cases today and did not. They are likely scum regardless of the flip of the lynchee.
Bad logic. Maybe if you would have called them out on it by name and not some people, they would have gladly done it. We won't know now, but maybe if you ask for it tommorrow they will.

Alex- Why the hammer? Why not use today for discussion like you wanted us to do yesterday? Why was the Firewagon stalled so much and this one was over so quick?
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by Sajin »

Alexhans SC and Kairyuu have all said they would talk more. I would like madeofphail to talk more.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@Sajin: So we somehow have 5 scum in a 12 player game? Majora's Mask showed that you aren't too bad with role mechanics, but your logic still needs quite a bit of work.

If you couln't tell, this game is less than my top priority. I was convinced to join by LF, IVS, and Isacc, and now IVS has flaked and the other two are dead. I can't say I'm all that attatched to this game.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 3:09 pm

Post by Sajin »

Did I say all the people I wanted to talk more were scum? I guess I missed where I stated that.
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by alexhans »

Battou wrote:Alex- Why the hammer? Why not use today for discussion like you wanted us to do yesterday? Why was the Firewagon stalled so much and this one was over so quick?
Because we are in 1 of the 2 of them is lying so one MUST be scum. Now we have to lynch necessarily 1 of them and if he isn't scum then the other lied.
Also, Because I didn't know what else to add to the conversation and no one else was talking much. We need a replacement of a replacement :(
Sajin wrote:Alexhans SC and Kairyuu have all said they would talk more. I would like madeofphail to talk more.
I would too.

The fact is... That if someone is really against this lynch he should talk right now and convince me. Never mind the hammer. Prove me wrong.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Sajin wrote:Alexhans SC and Kairyuu have all said they would talk more. I would like madeofphail to talk more.
I remember saying I'd talk some more about you, and I have already done so.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 3:42 pm

Post by Sajin »

I am not against the lynch at all. I just wanted more discussion to occur before the day was over. But hey, someone rushed it.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 5:27 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Final D2 Vote Count:

Lindisfarne(6): madeofphail, Kairyuu, StrangerCoug, Millar13, Battousai, alexhans

Not Voting(4): Inquisitor Vulcan Skorn, Lindisfarne, Korlash, Sajin

Twilight lasts as close to 24 hours from now as possible.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 7:05 pm

Post by Korlash »

Interesting... I can think of only two reasons why Gorrad would institute a mandatory twilight... Especially a strict one...

But seeing as how we have one... how about we use it for something important... Has anyone given any thought to why people have pictures on them?

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 4:15 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Korlash wrote:Interesting... I can think of only two reasons why Gorrad would institute a mandatory twilight... Especially a strict one...

But seeing as how we have one... how about we use it for something important... Has anyone given any thought to why people have pictures on them?
I'll be damned if I know, because my role PM doesn't suggest that I have one. Maybe Gorrad is a bastard?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 6:07 am

Post by Battousai »

Korlash- What are you talking about?

Sajin- See post 705. Literally, you said they were likely scum.

Alexhans- The only difference from yesterday and today is that we have two claims. No one was talking... maybe you could have tried to get people to talk by asking them questions if you were so concerned with it? Also, why would we lynch made if lin turns up town? The game can be perfectly balanced with two trackers, especially if one is turned vig. The only thing that makes Lin scum, imo, is his role name matched up to his abilities. In fact, if Lin didn't claim he gave madeofphail the drug I would be against this lynch.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 7:36 am

Post by Korlash »

Interesting... Wasn't expecting you to be the one left in the dark... What part specifically becuase I was talking about a few things. The twilight thing or the picture thing? If it's the twilight thing then it's kinda self explanitory. If it's the picture thing then I'm talking about the deaths we have seen and why thy are flipping up with pictures on their corpses. (Check out page one or the death scene flavor texts)

alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 8:01 am

Post by alexhans »

Yes... But the whole crux of the situation is that Lin lied Blatantly because he never mentioned the drug he used UNTIL made said it. It doesn't add up.

No one was talking much and I don't think they're both town as I did with millar and Fire. One is scum. I'm betting Lindis.

Fire was totally set up IMO but Lindis said something that is totally inconsistent with what made is saying so 1 is lying. Therefore one has to be scum.
I'm back...
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 8:03 am

Post by alexhans »

Oh... and no one is trying to refute Sajin's case in twilight so I'm taking that you all agree with the lynch....

I hammered because I'm convinced of this lynch and no one is trying to prove me wrong. You still could try and refute the lynch but you're not doing it....

If you didn't want him lynched yet... battou... You could've said so when I asked. You could've unvoted long ago.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 8:26 am

Post by Korlash »

Alex wrote:Yes... But the whole crux of the situation is that Lin lied Blatantly because he never mentioned the drug he used UNTIL made said it. It doesn't add up.
He never mentioned the drug at all. if you're going to try a BS attack at least make sure it's accurately presented. Lind claimed as much as he needed when he did. Yeah, he maybe scum backpeddeling but most town in his situation would do the exact same thing. If you want a reference check out Rat Race mafia. The town had a vig mason, the guy claimed mason... He left out the vig part for a reason. No idiot town claims EVERYTHING up front if he doesn't have to. Pretending hyothetically that his role is town the way he claimed does add up. I know you think he is scum, I do too but that doesn't mean we can alter stuff to make him scum and overlook things.
Akex wrote:Fire was totally set up IMO but Lindis said something that is totally inconsistent with what made is saying so 1 is lying. Therefore one has to be scum.
What did he say that is inconsistent with what Phail said? I'm still not grasping why one is lying. You are obviously not basing this off the fact they both claimed tracker, so what is it that you are basing this on?
alex wrote:If you didn't want him lynched yet... battou... You could've said so when I asked. You could've unvoted long ago.
And you could have waited and let him say something. You hammered 5 hours after you asked if anyone wanted to add something. You let TWO people post. How do you know Bat wasn't going to say something? You never gave him a chance...

And A lot of people have been trying to prove you wrong. I mean take the fact you hammered before allowing Phail to respon to Lind's newest claim. That's a big piece of info missing. The fact that you are trying to se up future lynches based on inconsistencies you keep failing to specify. And now you just attacked bat for not speaking up in the five hour period you gave him to as if he is somehow at fault for that.

No one is trying to prove the lynch wrong, just the hammer. Don't get those confused...

alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 8:32 am

Post by alexhans »

Kor:
Lindis night acted on 2 people and only said he had acted on 1! then he admits doing both.

Korlash wrote:And you could have waited and let him say something. You hammered 5 hours after you asked if anyone wanted to add something. You let TWO people post. How do you know Bat wasn't going to say something? You never gave him a chance...
He is not saying it now is he?
Korlash wrote:And A lot of people have been trying to prove you wrong. I mean take the fact you hammered before allowing Phail to respon to Lind's newest claim. That's a big piece of info missing. The fact that you are trying to se up future lynches based on inconsistencies you keep failing to specify. And now you just attacked bat for not speaking up in the five hour period you gave him to as if he is somehow at fault for that.
I don't know man. I'm set on this lynch and no one tried to contradict those who voted lindis because it's a good case. Made's certainty will definetly be scummy if lindis is not scum. And the fact that he is kinda absent.

Lindis simulposted his response with my hammer.

I'm gonna be clearer... I CAN stop the lynch before twilight ends (hence the long twilight)... Prove me wrong and I'll stop it.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 8:53 am

Post by Battousai »

Korlash- the picture thing. I guess I didn't notice it. I don't know what it could mean. Serena Sebastian is Rachel's friend, but Vivian is Jimmy's mother. They are obviously not the same person...

Alex- True I could have, if I had been on. I could have unvoted. But alas, my time restraint I had at the time didn't allow me to come to this game and unvote during your deadline. Personally, I want this lynch to go through, but I do want some more discussion. Enough discussion so that questions that are pertinent to the lynch can be addressed.

Also, I don't think you answered the inconsistancy between Lin's story and made's. Is it where you say lin night acted on 2 people and only said he had acted on 1 then admitted doing both? If so, how is this an inconsistancy between the two stories?
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 8:55 am

Post by Kairyuu »

I do not think you should stop the lynch alexhans. You've essentially just softclaimed Governer, which I really think you shouldn't have done, but whatever. When a governer stops a lynch it is a forced No Lynch, which is almost never good. If LF is scum, then you gave him a free Night. If he's town, likely all you do is put off the lynch until D3, which means we are gonna spend D3 dwelling on the exact same issues, and either way it gives the scum a free kill.

If you couldn't tell, I don't exactly like the Governor role due to its implications. I believe that using it at any point would be a bad idea.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”