AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by AceMarksman »

Really? Is there anyone besides ThAdmiral that you would consider more scummy than ort?

Also, why are you not voting ThAdmiral (or are you and I just missed it)?

Mod edit
Visible Votecount

-ThAdmiral (4): Kast, populartajo, AceMarksman, Riceballtail
-zwetschenwasser (4): caf19, Moratorium, Gorrad, Empking
-populartajo (2): zwetschenwasser, ortolan
-Gorrad (1): WeyounsLastClone
-caf19 (1): sirdanilot

Not voting (5): killa seven, ZEEnon, ThAdmiral, semioldguy, millar13

With 17 alive it takes 9 real votes to lynch.
Show
"either he's scum and yay 1 less scum, or he's town and yay 1 less zwetschenwasser. " ~Moratorium
Words to live by.

My record: W/L/T/A
Overall:5/2/0/1
Town:5/2/0/1
Scum:0/0/0/0
3rd Party:0/0/0/0
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by AceMarksman »

EBWOP: nevermind. You were voting ThAdmiral before he was replaced. *facedesk*
Show
"either he's scum and yay 1 less scum, or he's town and yay 1 less zwetschenwasser. " ~Moratorium
Words to live by.

zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 2:59 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Ace, you genius you.
Unvote; Vote: ThAdmiral
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by ortolan »

tajo (1732) wrote:I tend to agree and I know ortolan is a douchebag for nature but this is just too much.
Hey, the more entirely-devoid-of-logic wagons you get on you, the more cynical you tend to get
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 3:04 pm

Post by AceMarksman »

That implies that you think your own wagon/case against tajo is devoid of logic.
Show
Words to live by.

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by ortolan »

??? that doesn't make any sense

people wagoning me and me voting tajo are two different things

my wagon has no reason, or intelligence behind it

I have many reasons for concluding tajo is scum

I think you should read more closely
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by AceMarksman »

I think 1378 has a typo then.
Show
Words to live by.

AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by AceMarksman »

Oh wait. By "you", were you not referring to tajo, but players as a whole?
Show
Words to live by.

Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

AceMarksman wrote:
FoS: RBT
Even though the vote is good, that was too opportunistic not to be taken into consideration. RBT, you have lurked the entire game yet when tajo and I catch scum, you instantly jump on the wagon. Where are your cases against other players? Where are your suspicions. I think RBT will get my vote tomorrow after we lynch Admiral!scum.
I was about to put up a post, saw that, and there's honestly no reason to keep a vote off of someone who's basically confirmed scum.

Yes, I tend to lurk more and have less content in the beginning stages of large games. I process things differently than most people.

That said, yes I've got my blinders on right now. It's a lot easier to focus on scummy behavior on a single person with this many people. Even more so with the seemingly perpetual flow of them coming in. I found someone I see scummy and I'm doing my style of interrogation. If you don't like it, that's fine, but it's the way I play.

Since people seem to keep asking, I'll share my views on people, even though this is usually fueled by scum wanting to know if they are in the clear.

Top Scum: Tajo, Caf, K7 (ignoring ThAd, for obvious reasons)
Top Town: Kast, Ace, Zwet
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by AceMarksman »

RBT wrote:Yes, I tend to lurk more and have less content in the beginning stages of large games.
I would hardly call page 56 in the "beginning stages" of this game.
Show
Words to live by.

Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

AceMarksman wrote:
RBT wrote:Yes, I tend to lurk more and have less content in the beginning stages of large games.
I would hardly call page 56 in the "beginning stages" of this game.
The overall count of posts does not lead to the maturity of a game.
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by AceMarksman »

Day two, two scum dead. This is far from the beginning.
Show
Words to live by.

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by populartajo »

ortolan wrote:??? that doesn't make any sense

people wagoning me and me voting tajo are two different things

my wagon has no reason, or intelligence behind it

I have many reasons for concluding tajo is scum

I think you should read more closely
ENOUGH.

You are softclaiming that you have information that indicates Im scum?

YES OR NO.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by Gorrad »

ThAdmiral wrote:whoops - i mean I win when there is NO mushroom kingdom left.
Unvote, Vote: ThAdmiral
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by populartajo »

Riceballtail wrote: Top Scum: Tajo, Caf, K7 (ignoring ThAd, for obvious reasons)
Top Town: Kast, Ace, Zwet
Funny how K7 is in your scumlist. Why?

Funny how you think Ace is town and Im scum. Why?

Funny guy, RBT.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 4:24 pm

Post by AceMarksman »

tajo wrote:Funny how you think Ace is town and Im scum. Why?
This, except swapping "Tajo" for "Ace" and switching "town" with "scum", and vice versa.

Ok, I made that much more complicated than it needed to be.
Show
Words to live by.

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 10:57 pm

Post by Empking »

Unvote

Vote: Thad
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 12:16 am

Post by caf19 »

Unvote

Vote ThAdmiral

Ah, Shin/Looker, you were scum after all. <3
caf

http://thenailbiter.wordpress.com
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 1:08 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Votecount plz
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 2:31 am

Post by sirdanilot »

populartajo wrote:Sirdan, I also dont think caf is scum. His reasoning is very similar to mine.

What are your thougts of ort and Looker?
Are you scum too? Anyway, I see how you mentioned numerous times that you 'don't think someone is scum'. So there are two possibilities here; either you are scum who first decides who is 'scum' and who isn't or you are town very bad as scumhunting. Since you're an experienced player I think I'll have to lean towards the former.

In other news, please explain exactly with what reasoning of caf you agree with. His defense against my attack or his reasoning to suspect zwet?

Oh nvm reading further reveals that 'caf comes to the same conclusions as me' (paraphrased). How is it more likely that he is town and is 'going through the same thought process' than that he is scum copying your (or rather, popular town) opinion? Can we also get examples of this happening?

Kast seems to greatly misunderstand the part where I described the typical play style. Just like caf, he seems to think that this was actually part of my case against caf. However, I explained how it wasn't before this kast post. this confirms that he hasn't read my post in reply to caf at that time. this is not scummy at all, but it is noted. I tend to do this too when there's so much to read (like now there's 3 pages...)
kast wrote: @Sirdanilot-
Wth?
(1)-Regularly posting reasons and content are not scumtells.
(2)-Being open to lynch other players if your top choice has no chance of success is a null tell, but generally I'd call it a pro-town attitude. Lynching, even mislynching, beats a no lynch. It is far better to get your number 2 or 3 lynched than to insist on number 1 and end up in either no lynch or lynch of someone you think is a townie.
(3)-Short periods of absence happen to everyone. It's called life. Major null tell.
1. true, see above
2. this is your only valid point that is actually addressing my case. The thing that jumped out to me here is just how it looks like he's following popular opinion. And that his 'general' attitude was lynching zwet. Maybe my suspicion was a bit too gut oriented.
3. true, see above
kast wrote: @Sirdanilot-
-Looker being replaced does not excuse his player slot from being suspicious. I agree that we should not lynch prior to his replacement coming in, but nobody has suggested that.
How did I say it excuses his player slot from being suspicious? And I'm pretty sure tajo is suggesting that (maybe not explicitly?).
@Sirdanilot-
Someone said Law is your brother. (1)Do you know him well enough to guess how he might think?

(2)Do you know what Mario games he is most familiar with?

(3)Particularly, do you know if he played the original SMB, SMB3, any Paper Mario games?
yes I'm his brother. yay.. :roll:
1. maybe
2. super mario bros 3. super mario bros 2. we played super mario bros 1 too (we had this neat Mario Allstars cartridge for snes). he's addicted to Super Smash Bros., SSB melee and he played SSB brawl. He's slightly less familiar with the super mario world series. But seriously how is this going to help you. It's not like he has never heard of wikipedia to find characters he's less familiar with.

Also I don't have any role knowledge whatsoever since I didn't want to help him mod this from the start so he decided not to tell anything at all so I could legally play without bias. Just for the record. He ever told me anything. He did tell about mkm 1 while it was going on (which I didn't play) but it went into one ear and then out the other, as we Dutch say, so I have mostly no knowledge of it.

3. Both, and we played Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door I just remember. None of the other paper mario games though.

The fact that he is my brother is probably not going to help us much. If it would have I would probably not be playing in this game. I wouldn't want to cheat.
@Sirdanilot-
If you are going to be lynched, then it is better to name/role claim prior to getting lynched.

Normally this is a no-brainer since getting lynched has the same negative aspect as claiming plus one dead townie.
Get lynched:
-One dead townie
-Scum learn town information to better plan their actions, craft fake-claims, etc
Claim:
-Scum learn town information to better plan their actions, craft fake-claims, etc

In our game it is different.
Get lynched:
-One dead townie
Claim:

Depending on your role, it is possible that conventional wisdom (claiming prior to being lynched), is not the best thing to do.
I appreciate this lecture, but how is this a reply on the post you tried to link to (note: I don't know if it's my browser or your linking skills, but sometimes it first goes to the correct post but then jumps to another one leaving me guessing what posts you are referring to. but in this case it linked to the right one I think).
What I was talking about is how zwet's claim wasn't a good reason to be lynching zwet, while at the time it came off as if that
was
caf's only reason. Try again.
gorrad wrote: 2) I would be upset to see him lynched because, while I do think him scum, he actually posts, contributes significantly, analyses, etc. If he's town, his lynch would be a significantly bigger loss than that of Zwet.
1. Please post who you are talking to, or quote the post you are referring or link to it. A simple '@ person' takes only several milliseconds to type and is full of goody conveniency.
Anyway, even though I don't know what you're talking about here, activity shouldn't be a good reason not to lynch someone if you think he's scummy. That is just anti town.
AceMarksman wrote:
kast wrote:-In my books, Ace is 95% non-MK. If you still suspect him despite admitting his critical role in nailing SK, then present that case.
^this. Seriously doubting that sir is BA at the moment.
I addressed this issue WAY BEFORE. Please learn how to read the thread. Currently I'm no longer suspecting him more than I suspect everyone else but I am not convinced of his townyness. You are not confirmed. Stop omgusing if this is the only reason of your suspicion of me. If not, case please.
ThAdmiral wrote:due to the request my win con is that I win when there is only mushroom kingdom left.
If you have any other pertinent questions ask and I will answer to the best of my abilities.

Now i've got quite a bit of reading to do!
thadmiral wrote: whoops - i mean I win when there is NO mushroom kingdom left.
scum slip !

Note: I now think I get gorrad's reasoning. However I am not sure if I should explain it, nor that Gorrad should.
unvote caf vote ThAdmiral
acemarksman wrote:FoS: RBT Even though the vote is good, that was too opportunistic not to be taken into consideration. RBT, you have lurked the entire game yet when tajo and I catch scum, you instantly jump on the wagon. Where are your cases against other players? Where are your suspicions. I think RBT will get my vote tomorrow after we lynch Admiral!scum.
This is understandable, but not thought out enough. I am not saying that I think RBT is pro town. (His play is very much like he played as scum in Sushi Mafia. However, I have no town meta. I suppose I should look one up. )Anyway here you are working a bit from the assumption he is scum. His vote makes a lot of sense if he's scum. But experience shows that town don't have much options other than following the same procedure in the case of a scum slip. Just saying.
populartajo wrote: ENOUGH.

You are softclaiming that you have information that indicates Im scum?

YES OR NO.
Could you please stop rolefishing? Thank you. It's bad if you're town, and it makes you looks scummy if you're scum.

Unofficial Votecount:

-ThAdmiral (8): Kast, populartajo, AceMarksman, Riceballtail,
Gorrad, Empking, Caf19, sirdanilot

My vote was probably the hammer, if there was someone on the wagon with a double vote. I decided to hammer since not only did ThAdmiral slip there, in a ridiculously scummy way, but if he would somehow magically be towny (almost impossible) we have A LOT to analyze tomorrow.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 3:03 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Visible Votecount

-ThAdmiral (9): Kast, populartajo, AceMarksman, Riceballtail, zwetschenwasser, Gorrad, Empking, caf19, sirdanilot
-zwetschenwasser (1): Moratorium
-populartajo (1): ortolan

Not voting (5): killa seven, ZEEnon, ThAdmiral, semioldguy, millar13

rules wrote:I will not show the real votecount until either of the votecounts has more than half of all votes on one person.
Real Votecount

-ThAdmiral (6): Kast, populartajo, AceMarksman, Riceballtail, zwetschenwasser, Gorrad, Empking, caf19, sirdanilot
-zwetschenwasser (1): Moratorium
-populartajo (1): ortolan

Not voting (3): killa seven, ZEEnon, ThAdmiral, semioldguy, millar13

Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 3:10 am

Post by ortolan »

Unvote
Vote: ThAdmiral

I forgot 2 Unvote first, should have been fourth on the wagon 4 future reference Heeh`

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 3:20 am

Post by ortolan »

tajo even when/if ThAdmiral flips town that's at best one all for us plus I voted him as soon as he displayed scummy behaviour (your case on him was still crap)- you continued to try to derail the SK wagon despite his obv-scumminess.

whoever vidged qwints night one I urge you to consider tajo as a target- that way you're 2/2 and well on your way to a third and an MVP award

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 3:28 am

Post by ortolan »

So let it be known I have nothing personal against you tajo I simply need you to die in order to fulfill my (town) win condition

AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 3:39 am

Post by AceMarksman »

ortolan wrote:tajo even when/if ThAdmiral flips town that's at best one all for us plus I voted him as soon as he displayed scummy behaviour (your case on him was still crap)- you continued to try to derail the SK wagon despite his obv-scumminess.

whoever vidged qwints night one I urge you to consider tajo as a target- that way you're 2/2 and well on your way to a third and an MVP award
If there is a vidge, DO NOT USE IT ON TAJO that's the WORST Idea ever.

1) Tajo had a key role in catching both scum.
2) Tajo has not done anything particularly scummy as it pertains to this setup. (i.e getting everyone to claim isn't helpful to scum because there are no traditional roles)
3) If you vidge Tajo, Hannibal Lector will find you.
Show
Words to live by.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”