Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:13 am

Post by Thoth »

Bengel wrote: Well...first of all I'd like to ask AGAIN to explain your full role.
Why exactly? As you say so yourself you don't think I'm scum by process of elimination. So you can basically assume I'm speaking the truth when I say that our chances of winning are larger when I don't reveal this than when I do. Of course you're free to question my judgment.
Bengel wrote: Me being pirate with Jaguar doesn't make any sense at all. We always had different categories the last few days and I gave the correct answer for my category and shared it with the others twice. There was no need for me to do this if Jaguar already answered her category correctly before me (which she did if my notes are correct)...it would even be a great risk on my side if I were scum, as I'd be giving pro-town roles a night ability while I could have just as easily not answered the question. All this even fortifies my thoughts about Peace and Jag being scum together.
I don't think this is that strong of an argument. Having chosen different categories would more point to being scum together. Everyone giving correct answers is also not certainly in the town's advantage as it removes the possibility of singling out scum based on correct/incorrect answers.

I do agree though with you that the amount of docs may not be too large. I also just see now that I missed that we had a deputy. That would be an indication that we might also have a backup doc.
unvote:Bengel

I'm pretty convinced that either PB or Bengel is scum and I think they've done a pretty good job if they are both.
That means either Jaguar or Quailman is scum as well. Quailman spoke the truth when he said that he blocked me last night. As I said before it could be a one time scum ability, but usually there would then also be a regular roleblocker in the game. Next to that a regular roleblocker is a role I'd expect in the game anyhow. (And as Q just posted when typing this DP backed him as well in post 553).
That in my mind is enough to confirm Quailman.

That leaves just a
vote:Jaguar
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:07 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

They way I look at it right now 2 of bengel, thoth, an jag are scum.

I don't think that is the case here thought--

Vote Jag- most likely scum at the moment and hope I didn't just screw up.

Bengel- serioulsy it is not my style to disconnect from the game as scum.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:51 am

Post by Fuldu »

Vote Count:
PeaceBringer - 1 (Bengel54321)
Jaguar - 1 (Thoth)

Not Voting: Jaguar, PeaceBringer, Quailman

With 5 alive, 3 to lynch

Life Support Disabled in 2:11:14

At the deadline, there will presently be no lynch, receiving three votes.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:58 am

Post by Thoth »

PeaceBringer if that was a vote you might want to bold it.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:11 am

Post by Fuldu »

And with three non-votes, the crew rush back to the cryopods without a lynch.

Night will extend through the weekend until Monday at 7:00 PM, GMT.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:28 am

Post by Fuldu »

As the cryochambers hiss and release you from your forced slumber, you sadly note that only four of you are up and about. PeaceBringer, it would appear, didn't make it through the night. But, as you move toward the exit nearest the living area, you hear a faint moan coming from his cryopod. Interestingly, although his pod has been sabotaged like all those before, PeaceBringer seems to have survived his ordeal.

All four of you quickly move to help him in exiting the stasis pod. He doesn't look at all well, with pallid skin and poor mobility. In fact, as soon as he steps out of the pod, a horde of robots descend upon him, some hauling him off to the medical bay while others work at repairing the damage done to his cryopod. Recognizing that you'll need his help in the coming day, the group decides to hold the coming discussions in sick bay rather than the bridge. REGIS, it would seem, doesn't have anything else to say, and the other terminals can be seen from one location on the ship as well as any other.

Power Supply Critical!!!
Life Support Terminated in 24:00:00

As with yesterday, all living players (including PeaceBringer) will be receiving prods.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:44 am

Post by Thoth »

Well, you can guess what my ability is now ;).
As the ship's doctor I had a single shot of murepinephrin left. This I could use after the night and before the day to get the heart of one of the killed players beating again.
At least this solves the PB or Bengel problem.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:49 am

Post by Quailman »

PeaceBringer was attacked. Thoth saved him. Jaguar was blocked. :wink:
vote: Bengel
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:59 am

Post by Fuldu »

I guess I should point out that it's still 5 alive, 3 to lynch.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:09 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

Jaguar and bengal= bad guys-

nice job guys. I had pretty much concluded those 2 were bad guys previous day. Sorry for mucking up the Jaguar vote.

Vote Bengal
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:32 pm

Post by Thoth »

vote:Bengel
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:04 am

Post by Jaguar »

Sorry for posting so little lately. I've been sick and once I got better extremely busy to catch up on everything. Looks like I've missed all the action the last couple of game days.
I need a new tagline...
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:23 am

Post by Fuldu »

Without even giving him a chance to speak, the remaining crew singled out Bengel54321 for death. PeaceBringer had a difficult time dragging himself to the airlock, but was still able to help the others push their victim in. That done, PeaceBringer returned to sick bay for further treatment while the others went down the hall to check Bengel54321's quarters.

The dim lighting didn't make scanning the room easy, but it was immediately obvious from the size and monochrome decor that Bengel54321 was the
Pirate Lieutenant
. Much more difficult was the search for the REGIS swipe card that seemed certain to be somewhere in the room. Although there was over fourteen hours remaining to life support when Bengel54321 was locked up, much of that had dwindled before the ebony swipe card was discovered in the frame of a family photo.

Pirates of the Endless Night Authorized
Program Recalibrating

Night choices due by Wednesday, 6:00 PM BDT.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:12 am

Post by Fuldu »

You awaken to discover that, as before, no one has died. This is the good news. The bad news is that life support still seems dangerously unstable.

Power Supply Critical
Life Support Disabled in 24:00:00

With 4 alive, it'll take 3 to lynch. And, as before, everyone's getting prodded.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:43 am

Post by Thoth »

vote:Jaguar

Finishing up.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:15 am

Post by Quailman »

I blocked him.

vote: Jaguar
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:58 am

Post by Thoth »

Her ;)
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:20 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

vote Jaguar-
Get er Done
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:20 pm

Post by Fuldu »

And with that, the three of you drag Jaguar to the airlock and throw her in. Now it's just a waiting game. The hours drag on, but none of the four doors open. After more than twelve hours of sitting around, the power supply dwindles and life support shuts down. But without any closure on Jaguar, you continue to sit, hoping to stave off the cold as long as possible.

The air turns chill, but Jaguar lingers on in the airlock, so the three of you linger on outside. After another couple of hours, you can see your breath misting in front of you, but still no locks have deactivated. As time continues to pass, the air seems thinner, but surely that must just be your imaginations. The three of you couldn't have used up all the oxygen in the ship that quickly.

Finally, one of the doors disengages and provides entry into a spacious, sleek, and richly furnished chamber. There's no question. Now, not only are you stranded aboard a damaged spaceship in a hostile environment far from home with dangerous parties aboard, you're mutineers, as well. You've lynched your
Captain
. Funny, you don't remember starting this trip with a female Captain. No. I guess that isn't really funny.

A rustling noise from the corner alerts you to a surprising presence and an unexpected discovery. Apparently there's another cryopod on board, with another occupant. Jaguar brought her favorite pet African Grey on board. Odd that the cage would have been outfitted with a cryopod. There wasn't any reason to expect it would be necessary. But with a squawk, the parrot gives it all away.

Aawk! Kill them all!

You're tired and cold and frightened, but that gives you all the incentive you need to tear the place apart. It's a sizeable room, but the card is in one the first places you think to look, the bottom of the parrot's cage. Rushing back to the bridge for what you hope will be the final time, you swipe the card and are rewarded for your troubles.

Pirates of the Endless Night Authorized:
Program Terminated

And, to your great relief, life support returns and REGIS regains his senses. Dozens of status reports begin appearing on the terminals around the bridge and repair robots begin scrambling about, fixing the various damage that the past weeks have caused. The radio lights up, and though none of the three of you know how to work it, you're able to press enough buttons to eventually receive the message that Galactic Space Fleet is on its way. But for now, some dinner and a nap.

Congratulations town! You've secured the Ratite!
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:37 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Very excellent job, town. I thought I had you all bamboozled, until CRUD, a cop investigation comes up. Ah well. Once again, good play.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:39 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Yay, go town :) Good job all, great game Fuldu...too many hard questions :P
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:39 pm

Post by Locus Cosecant »

So would anyone want to explain why you
ALL
targeted poor little old me? :(
Show
[size=75]Stats:
Pro-Town: 14 of 17 games
Doctor: 3 of 17 games
Cop: 2 of 17 games
Wins: 12 of 17 games
Lynched Scum: 16 of 27 lynches
Vig-killed Scum: 1 of 1 vig-kills
Survived/NightKilled/Lynched: 5/11/1 games
[/size]
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:41 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

I think I targeted you because you said something along the lines of "well, since this person has answered, I might as well, too". Plus, you may have ferreted me out. :P

Oh, and where are my manners? Thank you thank you thank you, Fuldu, for modding a teriffic game!
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
thrawn1020
thrawn1020
Goon
thrawn1020
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:43 pm

Post by thrawn1020 »

Well, things certainly looked pretty bad for awhile, but we got a little bit of luck, and a good dose of timely ability use. Every time that there was a lynch after I died, I think it was always scum. That helps.
Mastermind of Sin, Locus Cosecant, Darklight140, Kwyjibo, Omniplx, and Uraj are scummy. *wink, wink*
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:50 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Scum Role PMs
:

Heisenberg Uncertainty Principal -
You are the G.S.S. Ratite's
Science Officer
, as well as the
Heisenberg Uncertainty Principal
(sue me, I think it's funny), Godfather to the Heisenberg Uncertainty Mafia. With your henchmen, X and Y, you intend to deliver the Ratite to the forces of confusion and chaos, eliminating any who stand in your way. But while you're at it, you plan to have a little fun. You've been the butt of jokes regarding your lack of emotion, impersonal behavior, and nerdishness for far too long.

As such, you've reprogrammed the ship's computer to deliver trivia questions to the crew; those who fail to answer correctly will be denied their stasis choice. Unfortunately, there was no way to get around having this dictum apply to you, as well, at least not in the time you had to make the modifications. The only loophole you were able to build in was that, unlike everyone else on board, you will know whether your team members have answered correctly before you make your decision. You may then discuss this with your comrades in choosing whose cryopod you wish to tamper with and disable. Additionally, you will be immune to some forms of investigation. We'll see who has the last, well not laugh because that would be a display of emotion, but perhaps the last raised eyebrow.

During each stasis, I will inform you of which of the Heisenberg team's trivia answers are correct. Please then PM me the name of the player you wish to kill and the scum (presumably one who answered correctly) who will carry it out.

You win when all non-Heisenberg team members are eliminated.

Heisenberg Uncertainty Mafia -
You are an undistinguished
Lieutenant
on the G.S.S. Ratite, as well as a member of the
Heisenberg Uncertainty Mafia
. With your teammates, X and Y, you intend to kill everyone aboard the ship, using the trivia game to aid you in covering your tracks. You may discuss your plan with your teammates during stasis.

Heisenberg Uncertainty Mafia -
Ensign
on the G.S.S. Ratite, as well as a member of the
Heisenberg Uncertainty Mafia
. With your teammates, X and Y, you intend to kill everyone aboard the ship, using the trivia game to aid you in covering your tracks. You may discuss your plan with your teammates during stasis.

Mod Notes: GF is immune to Communications Officer investigations.
Trivia will begin with four categories, but with each killed Heisenberg member, the number of categories will decrease by one. Once all are dead, the trivia portion of the game will end and night choices will work as in a normal game.
So long as one Heisenberg is still alive, each day will begin with three days of category selection time, regardless of what is happening with the Pirate's life support time.
With the GF's death, decision-making power will pass to the highest ranking living member, but investigative immunity and answer verification will be lost.

Pirate Captain of Endless Night -
You are the
Captain
of the G.S.S. Ratite, as well as the
Pirate Captain of Endless Night
. Having programmed the power generators to turn themselves off, you ordered the Ratite's crew into the cryopods with the intent of leaving the ship in stasis until it could be picked up by the local Pirates of the Endless Night contingent. Unfortunately, it appears the damage sustained by the ship during the attack has scrambled your program and set the generator timers on a decreasing series of countdowns. As best as you can determine, the interval between loss of life-support on the ship will decrease by one day after each successive stasis period.

In any event, your plan has not changed, although it now may require you to kill crew members you would have preferred to sell into slavery. During stasis, you may discuss with your teammates, X and Y, whose cryopod you wish to damage. Additionally, you will be immune to some forms of investigation.

During each stasis, please PM me the name of the player you wish to kill and the scum who will carry it out, keeping in mind that if the acting scum answered the trivia incorrectly, the central computer will not relay their orders.

You win when all non-Pirates are eliminated or if a state of perpetual stasis is reached.

Pirates of the Endless Night -
Lieutenant
on the G.S.S. Ratite, as well as a
Pirate of the Endless Night
. With your teammates, X and Y, you hope to push the Ratite into perpetual stasis or, failing that, kill everyone aboard the ship. You may discuss your plan with your teammates during stasis.

You win when all non-Pirates are eliminated or if a state of perpetual stasis is reached.

Pirates of the Endless Night -
Ensign
on the G.S.S. Ratite, as well as a
Pirate of the Endless Night
. With your teammates, X and Y, you hope to push the Ratite into perpetual stasis or, failing that, kill everyone aboard the ship. You may discuss your plan with your teammates during stasis.

Mod Notes: GF is immune to Communications Officer investigations.
Day Zero will begin with eight days of life support time. Each successive day will have one less day of life support time (not considering the Heisenberg category time discussed above). Each Pirate death will increment the life support time back up by one day. If at any time the day would dawn with no time, perpetual stasis will be reached and the Pirates will win.
With the death of the GF, decision-making power will pass to the next highest ranking member, but investigative immunity will be lost.

Fh'Telna -
You are
Fh'Telna
, the only M'Lraxian survivor of the recent battle. When it became clear that your people were going to lose, you transported aboard the Ratite from your ship and inhabited the body of a crew member. You then released a neurotoxin that addled the crew's memories, hoping the confusion would help you to evade discovery while you plotted your next move. The ship seems to be having other problems, however, with the intermittant loss of life-support and the odd trivia questions. You have been in regular contact with your superiors on the home world, but it will be weeks before they can get here. So in consultation with them, you have decided to take matters into your own hands and capitalize on the malfunctioning systems by killing the remaining crew in their stasis sleep.

Although you are as reliant as the humans on the ship's life support systems, you have a much greater lung capacity and tolerance for sub-zero temperatures than they. As such, you have ample time to exit your cryopod before stasis begins, damage their puny bodies beyond repair, and return to your cryopod before the lack of life support becomes a danger. As a bonus, because this action requires no effort on the part of the cryopod's computer, you are wholly unaffected by the central computer's trivia challenges.

During each stasis, please send me the name of the player you wish to kill.

You win when all other players are eliminated.

Mod Notes: Immune to Electrical Engineer investigations, Systems Administrator swaps, and Security Officer blocks.
Kills unaffected by Mechanical Engineer protection, Programmer guarding, and Ship's Doctor resurrections.
Completely unconstrained by trivia outcomes.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”