Mini 774: Case Closed Mafia (One Truth Prevails!)

Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 6:03 am

Post by Kairyuu »

The town's top suspect, not yours.
I suggested my choice. If you dislike it, then propose your own.
And it's kinda a stretch to say the town doesn't suspect you when the suggested first claim count is one for SC and one for you. Technically you're tied for most suspicious.
Who has suspected me? Battousai suggested me because that's "how it works," not because he found me suspicious.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 7:19 am

Post by Korlash »

kair wrote:I suggested my choice. If you dislike it, then propose your own.
No, you tried to counter someone else's suggestion and subtly tried to replace that suggestion with your own. i'd propose my own except for two things. 1 being I don't care if we massclaim or not and thusly dn't care who goes first. 2 being that I'm not up for giving you more chances to fail at manipulating people to replace their suspect with yours. :P
Kair wrote:Who has suspected me? Battousai suggested me because that's "how it works," not because he found me suspicious.
So? Now you're arguing semantics. I'm arguing numbers. You and Sc are tied for the first to claim, you said the first to claim is the most suspicious so thusly you are tied for most suspicious. What part of this are you failing to understand. I'd spell it out but spelling numbers takes too damn long.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 7:40 am

Post by Sajin »

Well I was about to post how I think kairyuu is absolutely clear, but he could easily be an SK now that I think about it. He was roleblocked night 1 as evidenced by madeofphail. 1 kill night 1. There were 3 kills night 2, vig, mafia and other. And I think its quite clear he has some sort of night action.

He is not in mafia group though. Could still be scum.

vote Kairyuu

Name claim now. Possibly role after.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 7:40 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

My only decent lead is Sajin, mostly from Day 1, but he has explained it away as trying to get information. All of the other people I remember having suspected a lot are dead with the exception of millar13. I'd like Sajin to claim first.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@Korlash:
No, you tried to counter someone else's suggestion and subtly tried to replace that suggestion with your own.
That's complete crap. Show me where I did that. I repeat, I proposed SC as my suggestion, and then disagreed with Battousai's selection method. I have no problem going first, but I would rather have SC be the one, since I think him likely scum.
So? Now you're arguing semantics. I'm arguing numbers. You and Sc are tied for the first to claim, you said the first to claim is the most suspicious so thusly you are tied for most suspicious. What part of this are you failing to understand. I'd spell it out but spelling numbers takes too damn long.
Do you even have any idea what you're arguing? I'm not arguing semantics, as much as I would like to. We have two different situations here.

1. I claimed that the first to claim should be the most suspicious, and I proposed Strangercoug for that purpose.

2. Battousai proposed that the first to claim should be the one who proposed it in the first place, and therefore proposed me.

These two reasons for proposing a first claimant are different. Arguing that differentiating between them is semantics is just ridiculous. If Battousai had proposed me for the same reason as I proposed StrangerCoug, then yes, you would be right. As this is not the case, your point is logically invalid.

@Sajin:
Well I was about to post how I think kairyuu is absolutely clear, but he could easily be an SK now that I think about it. He was roleblocked night 1 as evidenced by madeofphail. 1 kill night 1. There were 3 kills night 2, vig, mafia and other. And I think its quite clear he has some sort of night action.

He is not in mafia group though. Could still be scum.

vote Kairyuu

Name claim now. Possibly role after.
Huh? So because the scum roleblocker targetted me N1 I must be the SK? What have you been smoking and where can I get some?

I'm Shiho Miyano, and I'm vanilla. Get it? I. Have. No. Night. Action. Can you comprehend that, or do I have to repeat in a few dozen more times before you get the picture?

@all: There, I've claimed. Since we have a mojority looking for popcorn, that means that SC gets to claim next.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by Battousai »

I believe what kor was talking about was replacing mass roleclaim with mass nameclaim.

Also, not everyone has posted yet, so it is a bit premature to actually start the claiming process.

Kairyuu: You don't have to be the SK, but it is one way to interpret last night's kill and the lack of one N1. Also, Shiho Miyano sounds like a safeclaim for Akemi Miyano (which would be a decent pick for SK).
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by Sajin »

Well name claims for sure I am ok with.

My name is Rachel Moore.

Battousai? Korlash? Care to join the name claiming?
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@Battousai:
Kairyuu: You don't have to be the SK, but it is one way to interpret last night's kill and the lack of one N1. Also, Shiho Miyano sounds like a safeclaim for Akemi Miyano (which would be a decent pick for SK).
Umm. Can you explain the kill flavor "Magicked" as applied to either of those characters? I did a bit of reading on my role name, and it appears that I was the one to create the drug that go used on Conan, but then tried to commit suicide by using the drug herself, which merely shrunk her. She then helped with the creation of the antidote after escaping from the Black Organization. The other person I know nothing of, except for the quick bit that it's my role's sister, and that she's dead that I just found on google.

Either way, I'm not seeing any references to magic, and I'm completely stumped as to who would have that kill flavor. It's been several years since I last saw/read any of Case Closed, and I never got very far in the series to begin with.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 1:17 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

I still say full massclaim, popcorn style, with Strangercoug going next, is the way to go.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 1:17 pm

Post by Sajin »

can we get a prod on millar btw?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by Battousai »

Kairyuu wrote:Umm. Can you explain the kill flavor "Magicked" as applied to either of those characters?...
Either way, I'm not seeing any references to magic, and I'm completely stumped as to who would have that kill flavor.
Umm, if you feel there are no characters that have a reference ot magic, why would I need explain the flavor magicked to ANY role? Personally, I see magic as a drug since the magicians in the games are just that, magicians. Magician magic can't kill you and leave no apparent cause, where as real magic and drugs, do. If you used a fakeclaim and your real claim is Akemi, then it is possible that you used a drug on alexhans that killed him

Sajin: I suggest we should be waiting for Millar to become active before continuing the nameclaims/roleclaims/whatever claim.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@Batt:
Umm, if you feel there are no characters that have a reference ot magic, why would I need explain the flavor magicked to ANY role? Personally, I see magic as a drug since the magicians in the games are just that, magicians. Magician magic can't kill you and leave no apparent cause, where as real magic and drugs, do. If you used a fakeclaim and your real claim is Akemi, then it is possible that you used a drug on alexhans that killed him
1. That is not what I said. I said I was not seeing any references to magic in my actual role or the role you claim I'm faking to hide.

2. Explain to me how Akemi would have the Magicked flavor, and not the Drugged, or something similar, flavor if she was gonna use drugs to kill. Then, explain why she would use drugs to kill. I do not know this character, and google is giving me no reason to believe that either my role or Akemi would be killers, as both of them turned against the Black Organization, with the only difference being that Akemi was killed by Gin and my role escaped in the form of a child.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by Sajin »

Kairyuu I have a theory to add to that. But I will not be adding that until I get at least name claims from everybody.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Elaborate Sajin. Do you think that you have some explanation as to why Shiho or Akemi would have the Magicked kill flavor? Or is it that you see some other explanation? Your vagueness is unhelpful.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 2:20 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

I'm Sumiko Kobayashi, vanilla townie.

Sajin, you're up.

Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 2:37 pm

Post by Sajin »

I already posted name, would like more names first, and miller to post.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Oops. millar13 is up next then.

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by Battousai »

Kairyuu wrote:@Batt:
1. That is not what I said. I said I was not seeing any references to magic in my actual role or the role you claim I'm faking to hide.

2. Explain to me how Akemi would have the Magicked flavor, and not the Drugged, or something similar, flavor if she was gonna use drugs to kill. Then, explain why she would use drugs to kill. I do not know this character, and google is giving me no reason to believe that either my role or Akemi would be killers, as both of them turned against the Black Organization, with the only difference being that Akemi was killed by Gin and my role escaped in the form of a child.
1. You said those exact words, I just took words out of the middle. I then referenced the two roles (the one you claim and the possible safeclaim of Akemi).

2. As I already said, I don't think any character can do magic, and thus drugged would be the best bet.

3. What roles would use magic then? As you said, you found none. Therefore there has to be 1 or there is none and drugged is a good substitute.

4. You are getting pretty defensive here about nothing. I was just making talk while waiting for the millar to post. Notice how I never FoS'd you or voted you. All I basically said was that Sajin's theory is possible and since you roleclaimed I gave an opinion on what COULD be not IS or MOST LIKELY or whatever it is that is making you so defensive.

Also, why is everyone giving there roles? If there are any powerroles that wish to remain secret, it would be easy for scum to pick it. I thought we were doing mass NAME claim.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Sajin wrote:
can we get a prod on millar btw?
Done!
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 7:09 pm

Post by Battousai »

Ok, got my question answered. The answer was less than satisfactory, so I do not know who is scum from it.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 9:01 pm

Post by Sajin »

Battousai wrote:Ok, got my question answered. The answer was less than satisfactory, so I do not know who is scum from it.
what was your question, and can we get your name?
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 9:29 pm

Post by millar13 »

Sajin you sound adamant to find out people's name, and then turn on them for doing so.
Town Record: 6-6
Mafia Record: 1-2
Special Roles: 0-1
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 10:27 pm

Post by Korlash »

Kair wrote:That's complete crap. Show me where I did that. I repeat, I proposed SC as my suggestion, and then disagreed with Battousai's selection method. I have no problem going first, but I would rather have SC be the one, since I think him likely scum.
Sure!
Kair wrote:Massclaims generally start with the top suspect in my experience. Considering that all of my suspects are dead except for StrangerCoug, I suggested him. I don't feel the pressing urge to claim first because I am not suspected by the town.
You try to couter his suggestion by saying "massclaims generally start with blah blah blah" infering a preceding line of what is a "common norm" and "acceptable" way to do this. You then took what you said "It starts with the most suspected" and followed up with "all my top suspects are dead except for SC" which subtely puts your suggestion into your counter of Bat's. All in all a pretty worthless point that I only brought up for lack of other things to say but I must say I like how far you've taken it! Also calling my stuff crap isn't going to make it go away. Unlike most people, I've proven my crap works a good portion of the time... ok sometimes... every now and then... >.>
kair wrote:Do you even have any idea what you're arguing? I'm not arguing semantics, as much as I would like to. We have two different situations here.

1. I claimed that the first to claim should be the most suspicious, and I proposed Strangercoug for that purpose.

2. Battousai proposed that the first to claim should be the one who proposed it in the first place, and therefore proposed me.

These two reasons for proposing a first claimant are different. Arguing that differentiating between them is semantics is just ridiculous. If Battousai had proposed me for the same reason as I proposed StrangerCoug, then yes, you would be right. As this is not the case, your point is logically invalid.
The difference between them is a semantic discussion when arguing what I said. You're argument is "The most supect should claim first" thusly regardless of why Bat put you in the running you were tied with SC as the number 1 contender. By your own words "Massclaims generally start with the top suspect in my experience." and by your actions "Considering that all of my suspects are dead except for StrangerCoug, I suggested him." it's clear you believe that who is suggested to claim first is and should be under suspicion. Thusly when you see your name on the list to claim first and not only that but tied for the top spot you shoud logically feel that people find you suspicious. Thusly why you saying town doesn't suspect you doesn't fly with your own belief system, and thusly why Bat's reason's for his suggstion are both irrelevant and symantics. I don't care about his reasons, I care about yours.

Again, another semi stupid point and one I can honestly see why you would be confused about it. I don't see any real info coming from the continual arguing over it so I'm willing to concede you the victory and move on to the massclaim which is far more interesting then you right now anyways.
Kair wrote:Huh? So because the scum roleblocker targetted me N1 I must be the SK? What have you been smoking and where can I get some?
You could just as easily be mafia. However Sk fit's better as the kill flavor sounded like mafia N1... at least I think. I should read it again.
Bat wrote:Kairyuu: You don't have to be the SK, but it is one way to interpret last night's kill and the lack of one N1. Also, Shiho Miyano sounds like a safeclaim for Akemi Miyano (which would be a decent pick for SK).
I still think the phantom thief is the best chance or SK due to him being the most Sk like in the anime AND that the term "magical" could apply to him. Technically the term "magical" could apply to the drug as well but the mod made it clear the magic kill was not from the mafia and so I find it hard to believe the SK would control the drug.
Sajin wrote:Well name claims for sure I am ok with.

My name is Rachel Moore.

Battousai? Korlash? Care to join the name claiming?
I can't wait to get to the second half of your claim because either you're scum or I'm wrong... Both of which interest me.

And sure, I can claim. I'm Harley Hartwell. I believe I made one singular breadcrumb this game a while ago. I said something like "My investigating skills are only matched by Jimmy himself" or something like that. I really don't care enough to look for it but I'm just mentioning it so everyone knows.
SC wrote:I'm Sumiko Kobayashi, vanilla townie.

Sajin, you're up.
Can someone who actually knows the story better then me tell me about this character? From what I gathered she is a teacher and a manager to some detective kid... Is that the junior detective league or something else?
Miller wrote:Sajin you sound adamant to find out people's name, and then turn on them for doing so.
And you look adamant to not claim when it is clearly your turn...
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 1:38 am

Post by Kairyuu »

@Batt:
1. You said those exact words, I just took words out of the middle. I then referenced the two roles (the one you claim and the possible safeclaim of Akemi).
The words in the middle provided the context. I was making the point that I didn't see how either of the characters you think I might be would use the kill flavor that killed alexhans.

We can also bring reasoning into it. Why would I kill alexhans when a) he has never once called me scummy, and b) I have declared in-thread that I find him pro-town?
2. As I already said, I don't think any character can do magic, and thus drugged would be the best bet.
You missed the second bit. Why would either of the characters use drugs to kill, especially Akemi, who I couldn't even find any real info on other than that she died?
3. What roles would use magic then? As you said, you found none. Therefore there has to be 1 or there is none and drugged is a good substitute.
I actually found some info on wikipedia, and there are two character's under the label Magic Kaito Characters. Since the flavor from the N2 kills show alexhans as being Kaito, the only other one left would be Saguro Hakuba. I figured that this would be a dead end too, since on the front page it said that Isacc was Richard Moore/Saguro Hakuba, but then when I looked at the kill flavor, I noticed that it was a picture of Hakuba that was found on Isacc's body. Also, the mod's flavor after that was interesting:
The oddest thing, though, was the picture of Saguro Hakuba he had on him. What he could want with Hakuba, though, one can only speculate...
This implies, at least to me, that Saguro Hakuba is probably in the game, and, if so, is probably scum, likely SK.
4. You are getting pretty defensive here about nothing. I was just making talk while waiting for the millar to post. Notice how I never FoS'd you or voted you. All I basically said was that Sajin's theory is possible and since you roleclaimed I gave an opinion on what COULD be not IS or MOST LIKELY or whatever it is that is making you so defensive.
How am I getting defensive? Your reasoning doesn't make much sense to me, so I'm attempting to either understand it or debunk it.

@Korlash:
You try to couter his suggestion by saying "massclaims generally start with blah blah blah" infering a preceding line of what is a "common norm" and "acceptable" way to do this. You then took what you said "It starts with the most suspected" and followed up with "all my top suspects are dead except for SC" which subtely puts your suggestion into your counter of Bat's
I wasn't subtle about it at all. I was directly stating "I think SC should start." Of course, it's pretty moot now that both he and I have fullclaimed, but still. There was no manipulation involved. I did it right out in the open.
All in all a pretty worthless point that I only brought up for lack of other things to say but I must say I like how far you've taken it!
I'm bored. I argue when I'm bored. It makes things entertaining.
Also calling my stuff crap isn't going to make it go away. Unlike most people, I've proven my crap works a good portion of the time... ok sometimes... every now and then... >.>
:D
Again, another semi stupid point and one I can honestly see why you would be confused about it. I don't see any real info coming from the continual arguing over it so I'm willing to concede you the victory and move on to the massclaim which is far more interesting then you right now anyways.
Cool.
You could just as easily be mafia. However Sk fit's better as the kill flavor sounded like mafia N1... at least I think. I should read it again.
If I'm Mafia, I'm the biggest teamkilling fucktard in the world, because I supported the LF lynch the whole time, to the point of helping to convince alexhans not to use his governor ability, and then it was my idea for phail to take a potshot at IVS. So unless I'm gutsy enough to take down both of my teammates in one Day/Night cycle (hint: I'm not. I play very conservatively as scum) then I doubt I'm Mafia.

SK I can sorta see, but I still can't see how I would have that kill flavor.
I still think the phantom thief is the best chance or SK due to him being the most Sk like in the anime AND that the term "magical" could apply to him. Technically the term "magical" could apply to the drug as well but the mod made it clear the magic kill was not from the mafia and so I find it hard to believe the SK would control the drug.
The only problem with that theory is that alexhans was Kaito, and alexhans was the one killed by the Magicked flavor.

@all: Nameclaims tell us nothing. The point of a massclaim is to confirm enough townies for an easy win or to notice a role combo that wins us the game. Simple nameclaims are not gonna do that. Please do as SC and I have and fullclaim. I'm trying to break this game (bringing my total up to 4)
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 1:51 am

Post by Sajin »

millar13 wrote:Sajin you sound adamant to find out people's name, and then turn on them for doing so.
I have several theories, I need your name commitment before I start discussing them. Your up.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”