The Werewolves of Millers Hollow (Game Over)

Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

(7)Dr Pepper: dingoatemybaby, Jahudo, Kaiveran, zwetschenwasser, Percy, Mufasa, Dr Pepper
(2)dingoatemybaby: Yosarian2
(1)Mufasa: Firestarter,
(1)Kaiveran:
(0)zwetschenwasser:
MikeSC6
Barrylocke
Percy:
Yosarian2
Firestarter
Jahudo

Not Voting: , Barrylocke, MikeSC6

That's seven.

The town goes to Dr Pepper's house with the intent of stringing him up. His front door is kicked in, and there stands Dr Pepper holding his bow and arrow. As the crowd advances, he lets loose an arrow. It hits somebody, but you don't have time to see who, there's lynching to be done!

Dr Pepper is overpowered and lynched. He was the town
Hunter

Dr Pepper has 72 hours to send me a PM with the name of one player. That player will be killed, I will announce who in the thread, and then we will go to Night.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 2:10 pm

It appears that Dr Pepper's last shot killed
dingoatemybaby
. He was a
Simple Villager

It is now Night 2!

Female players have returned to the village!
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 11:10 am

In a house on the outskirts of Millers Hollow, the mangled corpse of The Fonz is found mostly devoured. She was the town
Witch

All is not lost, however. A few yards away from her house lies the body of Percy, who appears to have died halfway through the cycle of reverting to human form. A
Werewolf
has died!

EVENT: Good Manners

You are all extra-courteous to each other today. Swearing is forbidden. Anybody who is caught swearing will lose their vote for today.

There are 16 votes in play, so it will take 9 to lynch.
Last edited by Haschel Cedricson on Tue May 19, 2009 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 11:29 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

So, guys... summary of yesterday, please? :D
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 11:59 am

Post by Jahudo »

A large part of Day 2 conversation began when Percy kept his vote on ZONEACE the lurker. Dingo criticized him without saying he was suspicious and from there Dingo and Dr. Pepper disagreed on any motivation Dingo had for criticizing Percy without overly suspecting him.

Now that Percy has flipped everyone should at least page through Day 2 to see his interactions and who gave a read on him. That's where I'm going to start.

Also, Mufasa says that if he is lynched today, it will trigger something that is good for the town. What do the women think of this?
Mufasa wrote:I can promise you all that I am pro-town and my ability will help the town, but
it depends on what happens with the ladies for which my ability does.
Mufasa, what has to happen with the ladies?
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by Percy »

Bah! Good luck, wolves!
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 1:43 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Can all the scum post a comprehensive list of bad words we can't use?
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 2:08 pm

Post by Juls »

I am at about post 640 in catching up for D2. I will likely post something tomorrow though as I have another game in the queue to post in.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by Mufasa »

I find it odd that I wasn't targeted last night.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 3:17 pm

NabakovNabakov replaces Barrylocke. Sorry for not announcing that sooner.
dingoatemybaby
dingoatemybaby
Goon
dingoatemybaby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by dingoatemybaby »

Bah!
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

Well, at least we got a werewolf. Finally.

Still thinking about testing Mufasa's claim. I think we should hear the females out, see if they're aware of any role that might help them.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Hey guys, I read D1 during the night. I should be able to read D2 and post sometime tomorrow or Thursday.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by Juls »

Kaiveran wrote:Well, at least we got a werewolf. Finally.

Still thinking about testing Mufasa's claim. I think we should hear the females out, see if they're aware of any role that might help them.
Well, I haven't caught up but I have always heard the person who speaks up in this manner (congratulating town) is usually scum. Who did you replace? OP is not up-to-date
(@mod: read previous sentence)
-------------------------------------
Juls
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 6:46 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Juls wrote:
Kaiveran wrote:Well, at least we got a werewolf. Finally.

Well, I haven't caught up but I have always heard the person who speaks up in this manner (congratulating town) is usually scum. Who did you replace? OP is not up-to-date
(@mod: read previous sentence)
I concur. In fact, it's one of my most trusted scumtells.
Vote: Kaiveran

Also, welcome NabNab!

I'll try and look through D2 soon.

Mod: What constitutes swearing?

Heck, darn, and dang are acceptable. If you have to ask if anything else is swearing, assume that it is.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 7:34 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Double, double, bah, and go town...
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 9:30 pm

Post by millar13 »

this equals swearing = your view means shit scum
Town Record: 6-6
Mafia Record: 1-2
Special Roles: 0-1
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 10:37 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah, not surpised about Percy; I thought the Dr Pepper wagon was scum driven, especally towards the end. I just wish he hadn't self hammered, we might have gotten more info that way.

Mufasa: Why did you put Dr. Pepper at lynch -1 here?
Mufasa wrote:
vote dr pepper

Its your time to go
Also, yesterday you were saying that it would be good for the town if you were lynched today, because you claimed a triggered ability that triggered after you died, but only if you were lynched. Considering we've now seen 2 pro-town people with stuff that triggered when they died (the ghost and the hunter), that claim seems possible to me now, honestly, but I still don't get it.

Do you still think it would be good for the town if you were lynched today, Mufasa?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
MikeSC6
MikeSC6
Goon
MikeSC6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 1:16 am

Post by MikeSC6 »

If we're gonna lynch Mufasa today, should we be asking for a full claim? I think he's scum, and that any ability he has would hurt rather than help. Maybe this whole soft-claim thing was just a stalling tactic to get him through yesterday, or maybe it's an ability that will do more damage the more people there are or something like that?

For why I think he's scum, and a bit of recap rolled in for people who couldn't post-

Me from the past! wrote:First, this post-
Mufasa wrote: I'm not believing that one haha so reviewing day one the most likely person to lynch is Battle Mage for his contribution is so great that he needs to be lynched on the simple matter that he has a good con voyage.

With con voyage meaning "conveying". People asked for explanations for this post right after it was posted, yet you posted several times before explaining it (unconvincingly, in my view.)

You later said that in this post you meant Battle Mage hadn't been consistent in his activity, and that that this was a scumtell you'd seen in "various games". When asked, you said said that it was only one game and that it was ongoing so we couldn't discuss it or be linked to it, effectively dead-ending this line of discussion. What about the rest of these various games?

Then later you said that you weren't trying to call for his lynch, and that you were just throwing a name out, contradicting the idea that you thought he was scum because of his inconsistent activity. "Most likely person to be lynched" and "needs to be lynched" however, don't support this. Which is true- did you think he was scum, or were you just throwing a name out to discuss?

Also- the mayor thing. You voted him for mayor, and kept that vote on (saying that you didn't need to take your vote away.) You also said that soon after your vote you started to have suspicions and didn't think him a good choice for mayor. However later on day 1 you included him in your "three people you wouln't mind being mayor," describing them as the "three likeliest to be town." If you really started to have honest suspicions about Battle Mage on day 1, why wait until day 2 when he's not there to voice them?

And did he really go from "likeliest to be town" to "needs to be lynched" because he didn't post quite as much later on than at the beginning of the day?

As well, the fact that Battle Mage can't post today. It was explained why early on this day. The next time it came up, you helped to explain it to someone else. Then later you used Battle Mages inactivity on day 2 to back up your opinion of him as scum. I don't buy that it was just confusion, though I guess there's nothing much to ask about that.

While I'm here, it'd be nice to ask a few new questions-

What is your opinion of this other discussion that's going on? Do you have any opinion as to who could be scum? What do you think of Zwets sometimes zealous defense of yourself?
He then made his softclaim that he has some kind of power and would like to be lynched on day 3 rather than day 2. And he helped to lynch Dr Pepper with a one line post, without having even mentioned Dr Pepper at all previously as far as I can remember.

So I think he's scum. I don't know whether we should be lynching him and hoping that this power claim was just a stalling tactic, or looking to see him killed through some other avenue (that we must have, looking at last night.)

Although the self-vote on day 1 could have been him trying to get himself lynched while everyone was here?
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 5:19 am

Post by Firestarter »

Work commitments are too much for me at present...

MOD:
Apologies, but I need replacing.
('') (':') ('')
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 6:02 am

Post by Jahudo »

Yosarian2 wrote:Yeah, not surpised about Percy; I thought the Dr Pepper wagon was scum driven, especally towards the end. I just wish he hadn't self hammered, we might have gotten more info that way.
But dingo was also town so scum could have jumped either way. I'm hesitant to call it scum driven since it's likely that half the scum were in the female group yesterday. I'm not confidant about numbers this early but I wouldn't assume more 2 or 3 additional scum from the male group.

There's a possibility that Mufasa is scum but more likely I feel that he is a strange role that helps him as much, if not more than everyone else if his trigger goes through. Zwet I am getting town vibes from. Kaiveran deserves a closer look though; I don't think he really took in the debate as much as made a decision to push the wagon.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 10:13 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Vote: Yosarian2

I'm gonna ride the WIFOM express. In one of my recent games, the mod noted how valuable an asset Yos was to the town, and how he would've been able to turn things around if he'd been around. In short, my hypothesis is that experienced players would have killed Yos2 already, based on his reputation. Those who arent aware of his reputation, are bound to kill a townie with a double vote in order to give themselves the chance of getting it themselves. They are killing discernibly popular players. First, Shadow Knight, then The Fonz, both of whom were candidates for the double-vote on Day 1.

This is far from logically foolproof, but my gut tells me for these reasons, that Yos is the play today. If this wagon isnt as clear-cut as it ought to be, ill do a full reread of the game. I was reading as we went through, but ive got exams, and my memory is shot atm :P

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 10:38 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

I would say your case is crapwifom, but you already admitted it.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by Gorrad »

zwetschenwasser wrote:I would say your case is crapwifom, but you already admitted it.
Is this where the playhouse suddenly animates with the alarm blaring?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

MikeSC6 wrote:If we're gonna lynch Mufasa today, should we be asking for a full claim?
Probably. I'm curious to see how he answers my question first, though.
Battle Mage wrote: In short, my hypothesis is that experienced players would have killed Yos2 already, based on his reputation. Those who arent aware of his reputation, are bound to kill a townie with a double vote in order to give themselves the chance of getting it themselves.
As to your first sentance; take a look at, say, my last 5 or 6 games as town. How many of them was I nightkilled by the scum on night 1 or night 2? I think the answer is 1; the only game that's at all recent where I was town and was nightkilled by the scum night 1 or night 2 was Mafia Lolwat, and that was just because I was attacking both members of the mafia that day. You really can't say "Yos being alive day 3 is a scumtell", because I really don't get nightkilled by scum much more often then random.

As for your second part; meh. If scum had wanted one of their own to be mayor, they could have done it day 1. I mean, I didn't even vote for MYSELF, I really didn't even especally want to be mayor this game, it just kind of happened. If the scum had wanted to gently nudge the town into electing one of their own mayor on day 1, they could have. They didn't, probably because they don't want to be anywhere near as high profile as that.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”