Mini 774: Case Closed Mafia (One Truth Prevails!)

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2009 9:35 pm

Post by Korlash »

Sajin wrote:So what does everyone think about the pictures in the death scenes? I think that the first listed person turns into the second listed person if hit with the drug. Does that seem consistent?
That... seems like a pretty good idea... But if it is true then that means Alex was targeted with the drug night two as he was "changed" into Kaito...
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 7:55 am

Post by Battousai »

If Gorrad keeps the drug the way it is in the show, then the drug can only turn the victim earlier. Personally, I think that Lin used the fact that Jimmy turned into Conan as a way to make him look more indispensable. It is totally possible that the role would always turn to Conan after N1 or that the scum had the ability to turn Jimmy into Conan (maybe thinking that Jimmy would be a cop and Conan a tracker/watcher or weaker cop). That doesn't explain the second part though. Does anyone else have two names or anything that would hint to it in their role pm?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 8:44 am

Post by Battousai »

Also, look at the mafia death and the town death. The townies drop something that links them to someone else. The scum disguise themselves as someone else. Jimmy was AKA Conan, but Issac had a picture, Firestarter had a picture, and alex had a key. Since no one has claimed Serena Sebastian, Saguru Hakuba, Hershel Agasa, Konosuke Jii, or Booker Kudo they are not in the game. There has to be some reason for them to be mentioned, though.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 9:10 am

Post by Sajin »

Well not that we should take what Lindisfarne said as true, but he said the drug would probably only work on Jimmy and one other character. The other character he claimed it would work on is the younger version of SCs claim. Therefore I think SC is town (This could be a very odd bus, but Lindisfarne did know about it, and was trying to defend himself).

Perhaps it is just linkage. If so I would figure there to be a role able to detect the "second names" of people. Or something to that effect.

@Mod Plz note sig.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 9:52 am

Post by Korlash »

There is a point in a theme game when theme and mechanics get crossed. The drug works in a specific way in the show but it would only work in a 'similar' way in a game of mafia. It has to be changed to fit the way mafia works.

If the drug only worked on the two characters it did in the show then it would be a pretty worthless power for the scum. Especially seeing as how the second character it works on is a vanilla anyways. In order for it to be an effective targeting ability the scum have to be able to use it on everyone, thusly he idea that town turns into the second character is a good idea.

There are other things. Maybe the scum were given the option to simply change Jimmy (and not told who he was for example) This would both be pointless and sorta unneeded. The scum just have to choose between yes and no? What kind of ability is that? Might as well just make Phail's role a self changer after a period of phases.

And of course there is the option Phail's role IS a self changing role that changes after night one and that the scum are given the message that the drug was used or something like that.

When you think about it none of it seems more likely. I really don't get why Lind claimed to be the one to target Phail. It makes no sense. I mean if he is the RB how did he use the drug? And if he didn't use the drug why did he claim after being targeted by a tracker.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 10:20 am

Post by millar13 »

One time drug use?
Town Record: 6-6
Mafia Record: 1-2
Special Roles: 0-1
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 10:34 am

Post by Korlash »

What part of claim shit do you not understand? The claim? That means tell us. The shit? That's your targets and flavor.

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 10:54 am

Post by Battousai »

Sajin- you didn't post a sig lol.

Korlash wrote:There is a point in a theme game when theme and mechanics get crossed. The drug works in a specific way in the show but it would only work in a 'similar' way in a game of mafia. It has to be changed to fit the way mafia works.

If the drug only worked on the two characters it did in the show then it would be a pretty worthless power for the scum. Especially seeing as how the second character it works on is a vanilla anyways. In order for it to be an effective targeting ability the scum have to be able to use it on everyone, thusly he idea that town turns into the second character is a good idea.
In the show the drug changed people to their younger self, so I do not think the same drug that is in the show is in this game as it would, as you say, be worthless. But when Made claimed he was turned into Conan, I think Lin saw an opportunity to look more valuable and to counter the fact that made had counterclaimed him. It is more likely that Agasa would be an inventor and be similar to a jack of all trades, and thus decided to come up with a way to make him look like he can do more than just track. Personally, I think made had a role that would change after using his ability once or after a certain amount of nights.
Korlash wrote:There are other things. Maybe the scum were given the option to simply change Jimmy (and not told who he was for example) This would both be pointless and sorta unneeded. The scum just have to choose between yes and no? What kind of ability is that? Might as well just make Phail's role a self changer after a period of phases.
Well, maybe vodka (doubt that as it was the inactive role) or as a group gets to decide to turn a player with the role Jimmy into Conan. Personally, if I was told that I would think since Jimmy worked with the cops and was really respected, he must have a very powerful role and that Conan, though just as smart as Jimmy, had less respect and had to hide his sleuthing ability, would be weaker.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 11:03 am

Post by Korlash »

Bat wrote:Well, maybe vodka (doubt that as it was the inactive role) or as a group gets to decide to turn a player with the role Jimmy into Conan. Personally, if I was told that I would think since Jimmy worked with the cops and was really respected, he must have a very powerful role and that Conan, though just as smart as Jimmy, had less respect and had to hide his sleuthing ability, would be weaker.
Exactly. If the mod tells you as scum you can change the player who is jimmy into conan you would say yes. Almost everyone would. Only the people who were mod speculating might hesitate. It's a worthless and unneeded ability. It will almost always end in the exact same way, Jimmy being changed to Conan night one. Thus it's a completely worthless power given to the mod that completely screws over the town so why would the mod even do something like that?
Bat wrote:In the show the drug changed people to their younger self, so I do not think the same drug that is in the show is in this game as it would, as you say, be worthless. But when Made claimed he was turned into Conan, I think Lin saw an opportunity to look more valuable and to counter the fact that made had counterclaimed him. It is more likely that Agasa would be an inventor and be similar to a jack of all trades, and thus decided to come up with a way to make him look like he can do more than just track. Personally, I think made had a role that would change after using his ability once or after a certain amount of nights.
Yes the drug changed people to their younger selves. Your character, my character, rachel, richard, etc have no youngerselves. To make it mafia playable it simply has to "change people." Theme to mafia wise, it makes sense.

And yeah, the idea that jimmy changes on night one makes sense. But it doesn't explain why Alex flipped Saito, the second name, and not the first. Fire claimed vivian, flipped vivian. Lind claimed agasa, flipped agasa and then CHANGED after he died. Wait didn't Alex Claim Kaito?... weird... Ok forget this it's all worthless...

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 11:26 am

Post by Battousai »

I think tonight is going to tell a lot, unfortunately scum have a chance to alter it to their liking.

I have a theory that is a pretty far stretch, while we are waiting for more flavor posts and Millar's actions. What if, what if alexhans isn't dead? After all he is the kaito kid. The body is in perfect health, yet it is dead. The Kaito kid is a master magician, maybe he is doing a trick to make him look like he is dead. Maybe he will come back later. Maybe he WAS attacked by someone and instead of dieing he did a trick to make him look dead, but it canceled out his magic to make him look like his butler, which is why he had his butler's key as he needed to live in his butler's house to make people think he was who he tried to make them believe he was. But then that would mean that alexhans lied, which would either mean the mod restricted him to not claiming kaito kid, or that he is scum. Man, a lot of explanations, some not very likely, that might give us an explanation after one more night.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 11:45 am

Post by Korlash »

I don't think Gorrad is bastardly enough to give someone the role to appear dead...
gorrad wrote:D3! With six alive, it's four to lynch
Plus he would be lying here...

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 11:49 am

Post by Battousai »

True, there is the thought of ghost voting and ghost manipulation. But like I said, the night will give us a lot of information or little depending on what actually happens.
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by millar13 »

All I am saying, is I would fancy protecting somewhere with investigative powers. As now I have outed myself, I think I would be NK'ed next
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@millar: What we need from you ASAP is:

1. Your targets for N1 and N2.
2. Your reasons for choosing those targets.
3. The flavor from your role PM.

Put these in your next post please.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 1:55 pm

Post by Korlash »

Yeah the longer you stall on that miller the quicker you become to being lynched. Even if you are a doctor you've proven you're worthless as two power roles were outed and you failed to even protect one. As a player you are now failing to even answer two simple questions that has been asked of... what three players now? four? So you calim a role you obviously didn't use for the good of the town which makes it almost certain you're lying about it and you have refused to back up your claim wih flavor and targets which makes it more likely you don't have them to back it up.

If you want anyone, well I can't say that... if you want me to believe your claim you have one post left in which to claim flavor before I start pushing for your lynch. Sad as it is I can believe you but your refusal to let me makes me disbelieve you.

Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by Sajin »

I unfortunately agree with korlash here. 24 hours and no formal flavor/targets/role gets a miller vote from me.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by Sajin »

@Batt- I just now realized these forums don't auto update sigs. I am used to that, shrug.

And I was also thinking the same thing.

Testing:

unvote; vote alexhans

vote count please
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by millar13 »

I protected Battousai and Korlash, N1 and N2 respectively

I already claimed Doctor

and Eva Kadan

Have no idea what you mean by flavour
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 3:19 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Lying scum.

unvote

vote: millar13

When Sajin asked you why phail died you said you didn't protect phail because you were too busy protecting Sajin.

Caught in a lie my friend. I love it when scum make it this easy.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by Sajin »

millar13 wrote:why did madeofphail die....because i didn't protect him as totally forgot about him possibly being a town vig. Too busy protecting you
That you could only mean Me or possibly Batt as we were the ones questioning you.

And you claim Batt then Korlash of all things.....I want my test vote to "resolve" then you will get a vote from me sir. Anything to say on your way out the door?
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 4:46 pm

Post by Korlash »

He could only mean you Sajin. His statement was in responce to your:
sajin wrote:@miller- if you were a doc, why did madeofphail die? He was a vig, practically confirmed town because of day 2, and the roleblocker was dead. I don't understand. Targets. Now. With explanations preferably.
You were the only person to ask him specifically 'Why did madeofphail die' to which he responded:
Miller wrote:why did madeofphail die....because i didn't protect him as totally forgot about him possibly being a town vig. Too busy protecting you
I did not ask him why Phail died and so this could not have been directed at me.
Miller wrote:I protected Battousai and Korlash, N1 and N2 respectively

I already claimed Doctor

and Eva Kadan

Have no idea what you mean by flavour
why did you protect us.

And by flavor I mean the other words in your post regarding your character and why you have this ability.

And if you have anything to say on the contradiction of targets I'd put it in your next post as well.

Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 6:02 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Vote Count brought to you by ACME: We put rockets on everything

Millar13(1): Kairyuu

Not Voting(5): Korlash, StrangerCoug, Millar13, Battousai, Sajin

Mod note: Role count sponsorships are for fun only.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 6:06 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Rockets? I
LOVE
rockets!
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 6:22 pm

Post by Battousai »

I thought we were all flavor claiming, then role claiming? Why don't we wait until after this before actually lynching people. I'm going to go back and see where we are at with this and post everyone's names, flavor, and roles for my next post.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 6:27 pm

Post by Korlash »

No. If we just found scum through a lie why shoud we keep claiming? You want to give any remaining scum more info?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”