Newbie 789 (Game over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 12:47 am

Post by Azhrei »

Oh, actually, why do you think you're so damn townie?

Vote: Raiv
, until you can give me a good reason why.
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 4:45 am

Post by Elmo »

Day 1, Vote Count #3

Raivann (3) <- Cojin, Amished, Azhrei
Cojin (2) <- arelian, Raivann
Amished <- SustainRelease
SustainRelease <- camn

Not voting: troy49er3, Hamburger.
The
deadline
is Sunday, 7th June 22:00 UTC. With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 4:52 am

Post by Raivann »

Well at least the first part is true, I do believe I am unbelievably townie.
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 5:17 am

Post by Raivann »

arelian wrote: think Azhrei may be defending Hamburger a little too much. Which could mean one of these three things:

1. he knows that Hamburger is a townsperson for sure (which means that Azhrei is scum)

2. the Azhrei - Hamburger team is scum (but I think defending someone like that would be almost too obvious so I don't really think that is the case)

3. Azhrei is just hesitant to vote for somebody without evidence, which means that he really doesn't want to make the mistake of lynching a townsperson (because he is town).

Personally I like the whole attacking for no reason thing at the beginning, as there is really no better way to start discussion.
I think we can rule #3 out.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 5:24 am

Post by camn »

Azhrei wrote:
Raivann wrote:
Azhrei wrote: So you shouldn't just disregard attacks upon you as 'off' because they're on you
Ok, with Amished being an IC I figured he would see my play as protown not as overly aggressive and suspicious like Hamburger does.
It's posts like this that I really don't like, as it seems like you believe you are unbelievably townie, and that it is obvious to anyone with experience.

(neither of those things is true, might I add)
I agree that it is not obvious... but can you explain how having this attitude is scummy? Do scum really have the belief that they are town?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Cojin
Cojin
Goon
Cojin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 7:31 am

Post by Cojin »

Claiming on an L-2 seems kind of fishy to me, and i belive he seems almost to talkitive to be scum, I am suspicious of him, but not enought to risk it much more, i dont think he needs to have the opportunity to be placed at L-1 so
Unvote
arelian
arelian
Goon
arelian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 8:13 am

Post by arelian »

camn wrote:I agree that it is not obvious... but can you explain how having this attitude is scummy? Do scum really have the belief that they are town?
I agree. Scum of course want to make it look like they believe they are town, but the way Raivann is doing it is different. I think he believes that way he has been acting is indicative of town because he knows for a fact he is town. While it may not be obvious to the rest of us, he believes that it should be- in other words, he has nothing to hide. I don't want to place so much trust in him though on the off chance that this is all an act... but really, I do trust him a lot.
Cojin wrote:Claiming on an L-2 seems kind of fishy to me, and i belive he seems almost to talkitive to be scum, I am suspicious of him, but not enought to risk it much more, i dont think he needs to have the opportunity to be placed at L-1 so
Unvote
Now, this seems a little suspicious to me. Flip flopping a little I guess, maybe trying to not appear scummy by not rushing a lynch... I'm not sure. I feel bad not stopping my attacks on Cojin but I haven't seen him redeem himself quite yet.
Azhrei wrote:Oh, actually, why do you think you're so damn townie?

Vote: Raiv
, until you can give me a good reason why.

As for Azhrei, I disagree with you on Raivann obviously but your vote here lowers my suspicions of you a little. I can see that the overwhelming viewpoint here is that Raivann is acting "too townie" and your accusation follows with that line of thinking. Maybe you're a little more aggressive in your voting than I thought, though.
5% of the world's population causes 95% of the world's problems.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 2:11 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Raivann wrote:Well at least the first part is true, I do believe I am unbelievably townie.
That doesn't answer the 'why' part.

Mostly my vote was for an explanation why, as I find that sort of attitude annoying. I was also interested in what sort of response I would get, and the one I got was interesting indeed. he ignored/refused to acknowledge my question, and merely restated how unbelievably townie he was. Now, that, I find scummy.

Also, I find the whole thing slightly scummy, as if he acts like that, he may manage to convince some of the other plays the same thing (argument by repetition, I think its called), and if he is then scum, we've got a slight problem.

However, I do agree it does fit more with newbie town than anything, I was just interested how he might hold up under a little pressure.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 3:33 pm

Post by camn »

Azhrei wrote:Mostly my vote was for an
explanation
why, as I find that sort of attitude annoying.
Azhrei wrote:Also, I find the whole thing
slightly scummy
, ...
Azhrei wrote:However, I do agree it does fit more with
newbie town
than anything, ...
Azhrei wrote:I was just interested how he might hold up under a little
pressure
Your fence-sitting is incredible.

Which is the reason for your vote vote on Raivann?
Is it a pressure/policy vote?
Is it because you think He is Scum?
or is because you know he is Town, and want to lynch a townie?

It was vote #3, putting him at L-2, which is incidentally a little more significant than the first vote or a Random vote..... so a clear statement of your reasoning would be nice.
I don't see your lack of clarity re: your vote as particularly helpful to the town.

Also, Lurkers kill games like this. Everyone reading this should recognize, I am perfectly willing to lynch a lurker, ANY TIME.
If you aren't going to play, you are as good as dead, and you should replace out, rather than punish everyone else.
Mod: Prod Sustain/Release, pls?

It has been since Monday. I don't know what his Sig means.. but it is discouraging.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 3:43 pm

Post by Elmo »

SustainRelease has been prodded.
Looking for a troy49er3 replacement.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 3:52 pm

Post by camn »

Thank you, Elmo..
Cojin wrote:Claiming on an L-2 seems kind of fishy to me, and i belive he seems almost to talkitive to be scum, I am suspicious of him, but not enought to risk it much more, i dont think he needs to have the opportunity to be placed at L-1 so
Unvote
Are you reading a claim somewhere? I don't see it, so if you could point it out, that would be neat.
And what exactly makes you "suspicious" of him? Still FlipFlopping? anything new?
Azhrei wrote: I disagree with you on Camn, I find her somewhat ambiguous at the moment. Some posts give me townie vibes, others scummy ones. However, opinion there.
Which posts?
Which ones give you townie vibes, and which ones give you scummy vibes?

You can refer to them by Number, or quote them if you like.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 4:06 pm

Post by Elmo »

Josh Lyman replaces troy49er3. Thanks, Josh!

Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 4:23 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

Hello, everyone, hello.

I'll reading the thread tonight and posting later this evening. Have to go for dinner now.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by Raivann »

arelian wrote:
Cojin wrote: Claiming on an L-2 seems kind of fishy to me, and i belive he seems almost to talkitive to be scum, I am suspicious of him, but not enought to risk it much more, i dont think he needs to have the opportunity to be placed at L-1 so unvote
Now, this seems a little suspicious to me. Flip flopping a little I guess, maybe trying to not appear scummy by not rushing a lynch... I'm not sure. I feel bad not stopping my attacks on Cojin but I haven't seen him redeem himself quite yet.
Cojin voted me first in RVS and kept it there because of my subsequent vote on him. Which he called OMGUS.
What really prompted me to vote Cojin was this interaction...
Raivann wrote: @Cojin-
Do you have any thoughts on anyone's alignment yet?
Cojin wrote: Not at this moment no.
I think scum Cojin would stay on my wagon longer, but perhaps that's what he wants me to think.
Hmmm...No, I think it was genuine.

Unvote.
Well played , Sir.

Oh, and just in case anybody missed Azhrei's question that I didn't answer, here it is again.
Enjoy...
Azhrei wrote: why do you think you're so damn townie?
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 7:21 pm

Post by Azhrei »

camn wrote:
explanation
slightly scummy
, ...
newbie town
than anything, ...
pressure

Mostly, yes.
camn wrote: Is it because you think He is Scum?
No, I don't think he is scum, I merely think that his attitude is oh so slightly scummy.
camn wrote: or is because you know he is Town, and want to lynch a townie?
No
camn wrote: It was vote #3, putting him at L-2, which is incidentally a little more significant than the first vote or a Random vote..... so a clear statement of your reasoning would be nice.
I don't see your lack of clarity re: your vote as particularly helpful to the town.
It was early in the morning, sorry about that. I hope this clears things up.
camn wrote: Also, Lurkers kill games like this. Everyone reading this should recognize, I am perfectly willing to lynch a lurker, ANY TIME.
If you aren't going to play, you are as good as dead, and you should replace out, rather than punish everyone else.

It has been since Monday. I don't know what his Sig means.. but it is discouraging.
/agree
camn wrote:Thank you, Elmo..
Unvote
Are you reading a claim somewhere? I don't see it, so if you could point it out, that would be neat.
And what exactly makes you "suspicious" of him? Still FlipFlopping? anything new?
Azhrei wrote: I disagree with you on Camn, I find her somewhat ambiguous at the moment. Some posts give me townie vibes, others scummy ones. However, opinion there.
Which posts?

Townie Posts:

camn wrote:Do you see Sustain's vote as scummy?
Slightly townie.
camn wrote:
Amished wrote:For my accusation on SR, for it to be a real "accusation" rather than a comment, I'd need to believe that it was done with scum intent. I explained why I don't think that this is the case this time.
Exactly my point.

As a "comment" it has no purpose, except to put distance between you and SR. As an "attack" is is worthless. It is just the kind of fence-sitting quasi-attack that scumbuddies use on each other.

It is a small thing, but scum have slipped up in smaller ways before. We will see what the future brings. Obviously I am not prepared to bring a case against you on that basis alone.
Nice theory and such, general townie vibe.
camn wrote:
Azhrei wrote:
Raivann wrote:
Azhrei wrote: So you shouldn't just disregard attacks upon you as 'off' because they're on you
Ok, with Amished being an IC I figured he would see my play as protown not as overly aggressive and suspicious like Hamburger does.
It's posts like this that I really don't like, as it seems like you believe you are unbelievably townie, and that it is obvious to anyone with experience.

(neither of those things is true, might I add)
I agree that it is not obvious... but can you explain how having this attitude is scummy? Do scum really have the belief that they are town?
understandable questioning (even if it is to me :P )
camn wrote:
explanation
slightly scummy
, ...
newbie town
than anything, ...
pressure

Is it because you think He is Scum?
or is because you know he is Town, and want to lynch a townie?

It was vote #3, putting him at L-2, which is incidentally a little more significant than the first vote or a Random vote..... so a clear statement of your reasoning would be nice.

Also, Lurkers kill games like this. Everyone reading this should recognize, I am perfectly willing to lynch a lurker, ANY TIME.

One of your most townie posts. (Somewhat ironically)
camn wrote:Thank you, Elmo..
Unvote
Which posts?

Refer to last.

Scummy Posts:

camn wrote:
Hamburger wrote:I think distancing in RVS is fairly pointless.
I do it all the time.
It is the BEST time to buss your partner, because no one thinks it is off if you suddenly give up on the case, saying "it was totally a random-number" vote!

And a RVS Wagon is just the natural extension of a RVS vote. Only better.
I get a scummy feeling from this post, almost as if you are saying you are doing this.

Null Posts:

camn wrote:hello, everyone.

I was listening to Tori Amos this morning, which put me in my dark place.
Once I was there, I started thinking about the sad state of the American diet.

My point?

VOTE HAMBURGER

wagon ho!
merely a random vote, nothing more

Posts 39, 41, 43, 45, 49:

Too short for any real vibes. More confusion than anything.

Mixed Posts:

camn wrote:Who killed the RVS?

Unvote,
Vote: SustainRelease

I don't like the reasoning behind your vote.
Your vote feels townie, however the first line about the RVS does not. it as if you are lamenting the loss, and the loss of the RVS is a good thing for the town, ergo, lamenting its loss is anti-town.
camn wrote:
arelian wrote: Camn: Some good advice in the beginning about distancing and the RVS. Haven't seen much else except your vote against SustainRelease for his lack of reasoning.
Which he has yet to respond to.

If he or Amished flip scum, the other one is also scum, btw.

And it is true.. my internets have been down, so I have been sneaking glances in between lectures. Don't worry about me, I will be destroying all the scum soon.
The "If he or amished flips..." line is slightly scummy, and rather simple, however its something I myself have done as town, so not very big. Rest is townie or nothing.
camn wrote:
Amished wrote:@Camn: So you strongly feel that OMGUS votes are scumtells almost every single time, and therefore you believe you nailed scum? Or are you referring to my unvote of SR and vote on Raiv due to try to move the game along?
Neither.
I could easily see the interaction between you two as scum distancing. Especially the part where you "accuse" SR of omgus voting, but then state that it is actually a town-tell.

Alternatively, you could both be town, and this is all RVS stuff.

But it is doubtful that ONE of you is scum, and the other is town, IMO.

At this point I would like to see a SR wagon based on lurkiness alone. Anyone?
First 3 paragraphs/lines = townie, last one = scummy. I don't like lurker bandwagons, they are an easy tool for the scum to get rid of lurky townies.

Note at the time of my original statement, most of your vbery townie posts hadn't yet been made. Now I am leaning towards you being a townie, however I am still suspicious. (As much as I am of of anyone, really)
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 7:23 am

Post by camn »

That was a good post.

BTW, I will be out of town this weekend. I may or may not have access... so I'll be back Monday.

V/LA till MONDAY!!
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

@Cojin: I am also curious about this alleged "claim" you've referred to -- please clear that up. I understand your reasoning, but I just don't see the 'claim.'

@Raivann: Please explain to me a bit more thoroughly why you are being so aggressive. I'm not yet convinced you aren't scum.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Azhrei »

I was wondering who you were for a moment there, welcome Josh.

I am also curious about said claim. Please, provide details Cojin.
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

Elmo wrote:Josh Lyman replaces troy49er3. Thanks, Josh!
Josh Lyman wrote:Hello, everyone, hello.

I'll reading the thread tonight and posting later this evening. Have to go for dinner now.

That's who I am.

Skim the thread much?
SustainRelease
SustainRelease
Townie
SustainRelease
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by SustainRelease »

hey wat is an OMGUS?
So i quit, Ya'll welcome.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 5:30 pm

Post by Raivann »

Josh wrote: @Raivann: Please explain to me a bit more thoroughly why you are being so aggressive. I'm not yet convinced you aren't scum.
I think it's a good strategy on Day 1, as we don't have much to go on.I also think scum are more likely to slip up when aggressively attacked and knocked out of there comfort zone. My playstyle is a work in progress though.
Azhrei wrote:
camn wrote:
/agree
And...
Azhrei wrote: I don't like lurker bandwagons, they are an easy tool for the scum to get rid of lurky townies.
So was that yes to lynching lurkers, or no?
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 7:59 pm

Post by Amished »

2 mins before I head to bed:

OMGUS = Oh My God, yoU Suck. It's basically a vote in retaliation for a vote that was placed on you (or a scumbuddy if you're confident/stupid). That's the base definition, and it can be spread to more actions, but that's the starting point.

Welcome Josh.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Cojin
Cojin
Goon
Cojin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 8:14 pm

Post by Cojin »

It was just a vanilla townie claim so its worth jack all.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 8:32 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Josh Lyman wrote:
Elmo wrote:Josh Lyman replaces troy49er3. Thanks, Josh!
Josh Lyman wrote:Hello, everyone, hello.

That's who I am.

Skim the thread much?
Ya I figured. I looked at the frontpage once I saw you post. I missed all of the posts in between Camn's last questioning of me and my answering somehow...

@ Raiv, not answering my question doesn't help you in the slightest. Also, that was a no to lynching lurkers. A yes to prodding or replacing them. I thought that was rather clear.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 8:37 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Cojin wrote:It was just a vanilla townie claim so its worth jack all.

I repeat, where?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”