vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:11 am

Post by vikingfan »

Well, something got deleted-we now have the problem of 'no appearing posts' for the rest of this game.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:11 am

Post by Coron »

I'm good with my vote.
operaman
operaman
Townie
operaman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:52 am

Post by operaman »

in response to whites bold opening move black responds

1...e7-e5

vote sycko999

and whites reply...

2. d2-d4

come on darkies...make your move..
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:21 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

AndrewS: Sorry, wasn't saying you deleted my post, or even that it was my post that got deleted. It's just that we're getting the "No posts exist for this topic" at the end of every page (topic 24, 49, 74, etc) that means something got deleted, somewhere. I know cause I'm dealing with it in Dodecamafia...oh well. The post rate here should overcome that without any problems.

Hmmm, rereading the initial post makes it seem that there is indeed only a single mafia.

Fuldu: I know, I wasn't trying to apply RPS-style logic to this game, just saying it's a reasonably similar example of "multiple uninformed majorities". I don't think colorclaiming will help, but I wonder if all of the roles are reflexive (Black Bishop = Roleblocker = White Bishop, for example). Or are the mafia randomly scattered through, like a split-motive game? That'd be...
exciting
. :!:
Retired as of October 2014.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:34 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Off-topic, but worth mentioning. The best way to deal with the "No posts exist for this topic" is just to not worry about it. Don't post something just to get a post at the top of the page. It isn't a big deal. Just hit the Back button on your browser and click the next-to-last page of posts and everything that has been posted to that point will appear. I personally find the "Just posting to get the thing fixed" solution to be substantially more annoying than the problem.

If the mod wants to try to fix the problem permanently, he should PM jeep about it, once. He has many more important things to deal with, but I know this glitch annoys him as well and when he has time he tries to fix them. It doesn't always work, but he does make an effort.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:48 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

I don't know if deleting posts is really the cause to that little problem that we are having, because I have deleted many posts in games that I've modded and never had to deal with the issue .. The only place that I've seen have the problem is in New York, so it may have something to do with the forum.

As you did say though Dodecamafia is another one experiencing the glitch, so I'm clueless, but nonetheless it isn't that hard to skate by.
Lt. Origen
Lt. Origen
Goon
Lt. Origen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:50 pm

Post by Lt. Origen »

STD: I don't think I ever said he was our only option, just that with so many votes, it'll be hard to switch the town over to another one, unless something drastic happens. There's a difference between only and current best.
The Shadow
The Shadow
knows
The Shadow
knows
knows

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:27 pm

Post by The Shadow »

Nanook has an interesting thought. Should we lynch someone and make one side weaker? Or should we go ahead with it. My thinking at this point is it will happen in any event and I don't see as doing it day 2 instead of 1 will make much of a difference. I might be more likely to vote no lynch, if it wasn't BJ. A: He's getting on my nerves. And B: I dislike seeing my posts edited for any reason.

Regarding Mr. Flay's opinion: There's 32 chess pieces. There's 32 players. And I don't see, quite frankly, how there could be mafia who aren't any color. It doesn't make sense to me. And obviously if there's white mafia, there's got to be black mafia too. Another thought is that there is indeed one mafia group, but they're half white and half black and they don't know which is which. But I'm afraid I don't go with that idea. With 32 players, it is entirely feasible for there to be more then one group of scum, IMO.
Corpses designed with you in mind
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:21 pm

Post by rolandofthewhite »

Already on page 7?! :shock:

Random Vote: Internet Stranger
, because God told me to. :)

It's almost 3:30 in the morning, and I'm about to pass out, so I'll read the rest of the thread later.
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:49 am

Post by olio »

WuGambino wrote:
Vote: No Lynch
, if only for now. Having bore witness to a number of D1 bandwagons that totally f'd up any chance that the town had at winning the game, I'd rather not take that risk in a game like this one, where a single kill can end one side's chances at winning.

FoS: Sycko
. Though it is possible that he just needs to chill out, he seems a little too eager for a lynch, especially considering the fact that we have no deadline to meet.
I'll second those words of Roland. Reading through the thread WuGambino's concern for a one wrong lynch ending a game for one side in 32 player game seems to be a staged one. Also, what's wrong with fast lynch on day one? That said, I feel like I should join BJ's bandwagon but WuGambino actually smells scummy to me.

vote: WuGambino
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:40 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

I think the only thing we can be fairly sure of is that there should be the same number of mafia in each color, to keep the colors balanced. Whether there is more than one mafia and/or serial killer, and whether they are the same pieces or different pieces are open questions.

I have to admit that I'm not really thrilled with the idea of leaving the color issue to random chance. The plan now is to take out all of the scum and then hope your own color happens to be ahead at that point? I wish there was some way to use our skills to influence the color battle, but mass claiming is probably bad, so I dunno.

Anyways, I'll
Unvote Fuldu, Vote Internet Stranger
for the sake of having more than one bandwagon.
[size=75]Mafia is hard.[/size]
help im a bug
help im a bug
Goon
help im a bug
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:01 am

Post by help im a bug »

I have to admit that I'm not really thrilled with the idea of leaving the color issue to random chance. The plan now is to take out all of the scum and then hope your own color happens to be ahead at that point?
See, it's not actually that simple, though. The thing is, unlike a scum group, we don't know everyone who's on our team, so if it got down to, say, 3 black pieces and 2 white pieces, it wouldn't be a strict loss for the white pieces. Now at that point it would probably be a good idea to roleclaim, but, as we all know what pieces are in a chess set (I hope!) making up a false claim would be easy enough.

Hmm... I wonder if he's worked in chess maneuvers somehow? Can pawns promote? Can kings and rooks castle? What about en passant? :)
oh no
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:00 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Hmmm. I'm finding the posting of certain people who seem to dislike the idea of "killing an entire color on Day One" to be a little unfamiliar with the townie situation here. Maybe because they know who is in their mafia?

I admit it threw me at first, having two towns, but the mafia group(s) is/are much more likely to be a threat to our welfare. We can play colorgames later.
Retired as of October 2014.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:04 am

Post by Thesp »

Mr. Flay wrote:I admit it threw me at first, having two towns, but the mafia group(s) is/are much more likely to be a threat to our welfare. We can play colorgames later.
Quoted for truthery.

Scum first, color later.

Still happy with my vote (sycko999).
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:56 am

Post by StevieT92 »

what is this glitch that you guys are talking about

also, about the colors, just claiming a color is suicide

you see, say you claim white when you are at the end of a bandwagon. Then, the black players will want to vote for you (naturally), but then the white players will be forced to vote for you (because then they will be undetected) so, just claiming color is suicide, and if you vote someone because they vote against your teammate, they could end up being your teammate just trying to fit in. So when everyone says Mass-Claims will work, they won't. Everyone will be lying, so you won't be able to tell who is who.

so just claiming color right now isnt an immediate, but it
could
cause a bandwagon that could get you lynched. But if you are forced to color claim at the end of a bandwagon, then you will probably be lycnhed, unless you are a power role.
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:57 am

Post by StevieT92 »

oh sorry, forgot

i will be away until sunday
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:58 am

Post by BabyJesus »

I'm white
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
operaman
operaman
Townie
operaman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:03 am

Post by operaman »

BabyJesus wrote:I'm white

please unvote in WWLIII

tia

2...e5xd4
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:15 am

Post by Thesp »

Weren't we just talking about how color claiming isn't helpful?

Unvote, Vote BabyJesus

Let's not let color issues distract us from the goal of ridding the board of mafia.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:21 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

My bad, Lt. Origen. There were other bandwagons going on and I thought you were justifying the BabyJesus wagon by saying that no other decent wagons existed.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:34 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

unvote (i think it was randomly on Yaw)
vote: BabyJesus

Color claiming when we've already discussed that it shouldn't be done (and especially without giving us any reason why you did) is just too much. Even if you were joking, I've had enough.
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:37 am

Post by Coron »

unvote vote: BJ
color claim= bad, you color claim me vote you.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:53 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

I think BabyJesus's claim there is referring to Stevie's post ..
Stevie wrote:so just claiming color right now isnt an immediate, but it could cause a bandwagon that could get you lynched. But if you are forced to color claim at the end of a bandwagon, then you will probably be lycnhed, unless you are a power role.
Perhaps trying to draw out some of the colored, are ya?
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:59 am

Post by BabyJesus »

NanookTheWolf wrote:I think BabyJesus's claim there is referring to Stevie's post ..
Stevie wrote:so just claiming color right now isnt an immediate, but it could cause a bandwagon that could get you lynched. But if you are forced to color claim at the end of a bandwagon, then you will probably be lycnhed, unless you are a power role.
Perhaps trying to draw out some of the colored, are ya?
no just bored with all the bs back and forth.... I honestly don't even remember if I'm black or white, I'd have to double check my pm, which I haven't done. All I know is I'm just a pawn, no big loss if you guys want to lynch me.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:03 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Thesp wrote:
Weren't we just talking about how color claiming isn't helpful?

Unvote, Vote BabyJesus

Let's not let color issues distract us from the goal of ridding the board of mafia.
Umm...if you were trying to get mafia you wouldn't be voting me, I outed myself as pawn long ago. Please pay attention.

fos at thesp

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”