Mini 774: Case Closed Mafia (One Truth Prevails!)

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 6:03 am

Post by Korlash »

Is that you directed at me personally or the town as a whole? And why make any mistakes at all when you're one of the top two most important roles?
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 6:12 am

Post by millar13 »

I am not going to give further reason, so people can build up on my meta.
Town Record: 6-6
Mafia Record: 1-2
Special Roles: 0-1
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 6:16 am

Post by Korlash »

So that's an admittance of scum then? No town would be worried about a self hammer reason going into his meta file because A) No town should ever suspect he or she will self hammer and B) Only pissed off town self hammer so I would think if you were pissed off you would do anything and everything to never be in that situation again.

Scum on the other hand self hammer for actual reasons, some of which include partner protection, end disscussion, misinformation, etc... I can see why you wouldn't want to explain those.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 7:52 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I've once self-hammered as scum faking doc because the wagon swung over to me on Day 1 and "town shouldn't hammer claimed doc on Day 1" came to mind. So basically, I wanted to screw with the town.

698, if you want to read up.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 11:23 am

Post by Kairyuu »

See sig, though I doubt it will actually make a difference, since methinks that the game will end when the lynch hits.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by Battousai »

I doubt it... 3 kills last night (1 scum, 1 town vig, 1 other). Millar could be scum or other, imo.
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by millar13 »

Nah im the Doc.

You have 5 people left going into N3, and so after all of this will be 2 townies short.

AAWWWWWWWWWW
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 5:41 pm

Post by Battousai »

That sux, why did someone so immature have to get a powerrole in this game...
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 6:14 pm

Post by Gorrad »

As the town begins to thin out, down to half of its original size, it is quickly decided that Millar13 should be strung up. First he claims he protected one person, then another...it seems an obvious lier has been caught.

Alas that the lier is town. Millar13 was, in fact, Eva Kadan, Doctor. Familiar at this point with the pictures people have been carrying, you soon find one of Miwako Sato.

Millar13, Doctor, Eva Kadan/Miwako Sato, lynched D3

It is now N3! Get night choices in ASAP.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 5:21 am

Post by Gorrad »

Day breaks quickly to find the body of Kairyuu, one of the men in black! Well, sorta. Shiho Miyano had put her days in the Black Organization behind her, and had sworn her revenge upon them. Unfortunately, it looks like she was killed by magic before that could happen. Unsurprisingly, you find that in her pockets is a picture of Anita Hailey.

Kairyuu, Vanilla Townie, Shiho Miyano/Anita Hailey, magic'd N3

Day! With Four alive, it's Three to lynch!
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 5:30 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Vote: No Lynch

It's MYLO with what is most likely three townies and an SK.

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 6:47 am

Post by Battousai »

Yes! Kairyuu was killed. I felt that if there was a SK who killed N2 and not N1, it was Kairyuu, because he was roleblocked N1. More in a bit, going to go fishing.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 7:38 am

Post by Kairyuu »

kwjfhwekjfhwkel

I didn't wanna die. :cry:
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 7:40 am

Post by millar13 »

Censored! -Mod
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 10:27 am

Post by Battousai »

I wonder why Kairyuu was killed over the unclaimed, potential power roles. Is it because me or Korlash are scum, or is it that someone was threatened by Kairyuu, or possibly both?

I wonder, why no magic'd N1. Inactivity or on purpose.

Here are some data. Below is the length of each night. Note that N1 and N3 were rather short compared to N2. From this, I gather that either the SK couldn't kill N1 or that the SK chose to kill no one. So, I speculate that the SK would be active during all three nights. The only two people that posted during night on all three nights was myself, and Korlash.

N1: May 6, 12:17am; May 7, 9:24pm
N2: May 14, 11:46pm; May 18, 11:01pm
N3: May 25, 12:14am; May 25, 11:21am

StrangerCoug- N1, N2
Battousai- N1, N2, N3
Korlash- N1, N2, N3
Sajin- N1, N2

IGMEOY: Korlash
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 11:56 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Battousai wrote:Here are some data. Below is the length of each night. Note that N1 and N3 were rather short compared to N2. From this, I gather that either the SK couldn't kill N1 or that the SK chose to kill no one.
You're failing to take into account the possibility that the SK's kill was stopped by another role, either by the doctor or the Mafia roleblocker.

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by Battousai »

the mafia roleblocker blocked Kairyuu, so that doesn't count for N1. That would mean that the SK targetted me N1, thus my innocence. So, either I'm innocent and/or what I previously said.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 2:36 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

I'm not convinced that the SK ran out of time on Night 1 since there was more of it Night 2, so you've just told us that either he attempted to kill you that night but you got protected, or he chose not to kill at all.

Or you could be the SK, but I'm not convinced of it.

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 3:04 pm

Post by Battousai »

As I said, either the SK chose not to act (sent in kill no one), wasn't allowed to kill N1, or targetted me and when I was doc protected.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 3:42 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Why wouldn't the SK be allowed to make a kill N1? If anything is forcing on the serial killer, it's that he would HAVE to shoot.

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 7:41 pm

Post by Korlash »

Bat wrote:I wonder why Kairyuu was killed over the unclaimed, potential power roles. Is it because me or Korlash are scum, or is it that someone was threatened by Kairyuu, or possibly both?

I wonder, why no magic'd N1. Inactivity or on purpose.

Here are some data. Below is the length of each night. Note that N1 and N3 were rather short compared to N2. From this, I gather that either the SK couldn't kill N1 or that the SK chose to kill no one. So, I speculate that the SK would be active during all three nights. The only two people that posted during night on all three nights was myself, and Korlash.

N1: May 6, 12:17am; May 7, 9:24pm
N2: May 14, 11:46pm; May 18, 11:01pm
N3: May 25, 12:14am; May 25, 11:21am

StrangerCoug- N1, N2
Battousai- N1, N2, N3
Korlash- N1, N2, N3
Sajin- N1, N2
If you aren't the scum I speculate Kari was killed becuase he had the least chance of being targeted. Personally seeing yours and my roles I would asume any outsier would peg one of us as a watcher as it's the only common investigative power left and both our roles could theoretically be it. So the sk can't target you or I because it's highly likely we would target each other. So that would be a 50-50 shot of getting caught. So that left his choice to either Kair or the other of SC and Sajin. Then it just comes down to him thinking he has a better shot with kair gone then the other.

If you are the scum killing Kair is obvious becuase I was suspicious of both SC and sajin so if I have watcher then it's possible I could target one of them so killing Kair keeps you protected and keeps me around to both take the fall should you choose to try and mislynch me, and keeps the other unclaimed around to kind of help your status.

Personally I find kair's death to be completely untelling, but that's just me.

And as far as activeness during nights go night one was like one day, day and a half. It's perfectly reasonable for someone to not post onsite for a full two days yet still check in to send in targets. Night two is the longest and we all posted during that time so it's kind of moot. And night 3 could have been shorter due to lack of power roles. I mean vig, joat, two mafia, doc, cop, etc... all dead. Means the nights are going to be hell of a lot shorter. And that night was just a day as well... Easily could have been someone who didn't post.

Now of course you also have to see how many games the other people are in as well. I'm only in this one game right now... During the night I had maybe one other. So my posting is limited on that. Take a guy with 8 games and he's bound to be more active then others, and take someone ONLY in this game he's bound to not post at night. I just think your stats should include that as well.

[quote"Bat"]As I said, either the SK chose not to act (sent in kill no one), wasn't allowed to kill N1, or targetted me and when I was doc protected.[/quote]

Or I have a power role that could have manipulated it in some way. Don't get too carried away in possibly confirming yourself that you miss details like this.
SC wrote:Why wouldn't the SK be allowed to make a kill N1? If anything is forcing on the serial killer, it's that he would HAVE to shoot.
He might not have been an Sk at the time. He could have changed just like Alex and Phail did in their roles...

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 5:17 am

Post by Battousai »

Korlash- That is why I didn't call you suspicious, just that IGMEOY. I'm just paying attention to you right now. Also, N3 is the most telling, as it only lasted a little over 11 hours. That would have to mean that the SK and any remaining powerroles had to be on at that time. We know FOR SURE, that both of us were online (which doesn't help the SK if neither of us is it and one of us is a watcher as you say).

Also, forgot to add
FoS: SC
. Yes a no lynch may be the best bet for today, but we don't need to rush today. Especially since Sajin is on V/LA for a bit.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 5:35 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Battousai wrote:Also, forgot to add
FoS: SC
. Yes a no lynch may be the best bet for today, but we don't need to rush today. Especially since Sajin is on V/LA for a bit.
It's MYLO.

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 6:01 am

Post by Battousai »

More than likely it is, but you can't be certain. Anyways, there is no need to rush today.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 10:50 am

Post by Korlash »

Well I can see this game is going to be a bit of a problem to keep up with...

Ok lets see if I can't get something going...

@ Sajin: I'm hoping you get some time in the next 2 or so days to post so maybe you can give us a little input on things. As you can see we seem a little lost for hot topics right now.

@ bat: I understand not wanting to vote right now willy nilly but throwing around Fos here and IGMEOY there isn't going to really accomplish much. And saying there is no need to rush the day and not giving the thread something to go on is kinda a wasted post.

@ SC: If the SK is a smart cookie and can do math a no lynch s going to result in a very predictable fashion. So predictable in fact it is almost worthless to no lynch unless we find it our only option. So are you so afraid of a mislynch you don't want to discuss anything else today, or do you have opinions on the rest of us?

@ Korlash: Your turn buddy.

Ok so first off I'm going to ask what bat thinks about the idea of finishing our claims today. Do you feel it is necessary or helpful at this point? Personally I still don't care either way. I wouldn't mind knowing the other's feeligns on it either.

sadly enough none of our roles are past being possible safeclaims, I could be paired with jimmy, Rachel with Richard, Mcguire with Richard and Jimmy, and SC's... I still have no flippin idea who SC's character is... Does anyone know and/or can explain a little better?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”