Newbie 791(Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lockheart
Lockheart
Townie
Lockheart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Fri May 22, 2009 8:38 am

Post by Lockheart »

/confirm
Lockheart
Lockheart
Townie
Lockheart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Mon May 25, 2009 8:23 pm

Post by Lockheart »

Two Kira signatures. Hmm...

Vote: Droideka_11

That quote is too suspicious to ignore.
Lockheart
Lockheart
Townie
Lockheart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Tue May 26, 2009 7:32 am

Post by Lockheart »

Scien wrote:Lockheart:
Yep, there seems to be a lot of Deathnote going around these days. I assume the quote you are talking about is his sig? Or did I miss something this early?
Yes.
"Rules are made by a God, you will be defeated by my rules, and for the sins of offending the God of the New World, you will die." - Yagami Light
The first thing I thought when I read Death Note was that it was totally like Mafia except, well... it was bad people who were dying :D

Spolium wrote:While we are on the topic of experience, it would be most appreciated if everyone were to briefly describe their mafia experience in their next post.

Ok goooo
I learned how to play mafia one summer during camp. Played it a couple dozen times outside of camp with some friends. I've also tried playing it a few times in online games and this is the first time I've ever played it on a forum. I hope it'll be a fun experience for me :P
Lockheart
Lockheart
Townie
Lockheart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Tue May 26, 2009 4:20 pm

Post by Lockheart »

Spolium wrote:
Vesuvius wrote:I have played Mafia a bunch with friends [..] I think it should be pretty fun!
Lockhead wrote:Played it a couple dozen times outside of camp with some friends. [..] I hope it'll be a fun experience for me :P
Does anyone think the similarities here are relevant? Please explain your answer.
I think Vesuvius just read my post then had something similar to say.
Lockheart
Lockheart
Townie
Lockheart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (isolation #4) » Wed May 27, 2009 7:06 am

Post by Lockheart »

Mixologist wrote:
unvote

vote Lockheart

Why do you automatically assume that he is parroting you?
Vesuvius wrote:@Lockheart - So, when two people say that they have fun playing mafia you assume that the second person is copying the first person? Hmmm.. If I had to guess, I would say everyone here enjoys the game.
I'm not saying that he blatantly copied my post, but rather he had the same things to say as I did and because he had just read my post, his sentence structure came out quite similarly to mine.
Spolium wrote:deliberately dropping scumtells to see who bites is another strategy which I've seen work.
Interesting. Just what does that mean, though?
Lockheart
Lockheart
Townie
Lockheart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (isolation #5) » Thu May 28, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by Lockheart »

Spolium wrote:QFT. wake4me4life, Droideka, Dramonic, Lockheart - your thoughts on Scien/Vesuvius, if you please.
Sorry guys, I'm not used to so much reading :oops:

Scien seems impatient and Vesuvius' many "pointless" posts are annoying him to the point where he wants Day 1 to end as soon as possible so that he may either 1) begin a less random day where everything everyone says will be more informed or 2) get lynched and not have to read Vesuvius' long-winded posts any longer.
I don't know whether or not he's faking his impatience in order to draw out scum, but since he's played it with friends before and this is his first time playing it online (like me), I can understand just how he feels. The change from the live version to this online version may be a bit more than we expected.

Vesuvius (as well as Spolium) wants to get people involved not only to bring life to this game, but to see how people act before and after a lynch/murder. Unlike a live game where you can at least look at the people who don't talk to see how they react to certain things, if the people on an online game don't say anything at all then that would be the most counterproductive thing they can do (although I'll have to admit that I don't say much because I don't have much to say unless someone addresses me).
Lockheart
Lockheart
Townie
Lockheart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (isolation #6) » Fri May 29, 2009 9:22 am

Post by Lockheart »

Scien wrote:Uh... wut? As it stands I don't think I can agree with this at all. Maybe if you replace every instance of Scien with Vesuvius, and every Vesuvius with Scien...
D'ohh! Yeah, I got your names mixed up. I think it's because Ein
stein
's name looks a bit like scien and he's also a
scien
tist.
Jack of Bombs wrote:Lockheart's recent contribution = too much stating of facts and not enough analysis.
I guess I don't understand what's wrong with my post (besides the name switching). Doesn't it take analyzing to state facts?
Scien wrote:
Jack of Bombs wrote:I'm not comfortable leaving Lockheart at L-1 this early in a newbie game when we've got 2+ weeks left
Agreed. Especially when he hasn't had a chance to respond to L-2 yet, and we have a blind gung-ho kid in the town.
I really don't know how I to respond because everytime I say something, I end up sounding suspicious.
In fact, I'm sure someone has something to say about this post I'm making as well.
Lockheart
Lockheart
Townie
Lockheart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (isolation #7) » Fri May 29, 2009 10:29 am

Post by Lockheart »

Spolium wrote:Lockheart, who do YOU think is scum right now, and why?
That would be Vesuvius. Even after many people have explained how important Day 1 is, he hopped on the bandwagon and put me at L-1.
It's also convenient for him that this is his first online game and he has that to blame for his impatience.
Scien wrote:Do you believe that [Vesuvius'] impatience is being forced at the moment, in order to draw out scum? You mentioned this possibility, but how likely do you believe it to be his motive at the moment?
I no longer think that, but it's still a possibility.

Unvote
Lockheart
Lockheart
Townie
Lockheart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (isolation #8) » Sat May 30, 2009 8:53 am

Post by Lockheart »

Jack of Bombs wrote:... Then why did you unvote without re-casting your vote for Vesuvius afterwards? It would've only been an L-3 vote, after all.
I want to see more of what happens before I place a non-random vote. I'm not the type to vote, unvote, revote frequently.
Lockheart
Lockheart
Townie
Lockheart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #145 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by Lockheart »

Sorry, but I won't have much time to be on this week. I'll try to post in the morning or at night, though.
Lockheart
Lockheart
Townie
Lockheart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (isolation #10) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:02 pm

Post by Lockheart »

Spolium wrote:I want
everyone
to name their top two suspects; identify which of the two you'd be more willing to vote, and why.
Droideka and Vesuvious (Skruffs) are the ones who seem scummiest right now. Although, it can probably only be one of them.

Vote: Skruffs

I'm agreeing with Droideka on this one. Vesuvious dug himself into a hole too deep.
Lockheart
Lockheart
Townie
Lockheart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #226 (isolation #11) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:05 am

Post by Lockheart »

:? Really sorry, guys. Friend from Georgia is visiting and... yeah.
I suppose I'm not cut out for forum Mafia. I don't want this player slot to go to waste so I'll ask to be replaced. I just wanted to tell you guys myself that I'm sorry I couldn't participate more.
Goodbye and good luck.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”