Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:49 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Vote Count 4.01, alpha:

----------------------------
Not voting (3): CoolBot, Locus Cosecant, The_Machine86

With three alive, it will take two to lynch.

...that was simple, wasn't it? Mainly this is to fix the page 7 load...
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:01 am

Post by The_Machine86 »

Locus Cosecant wrote:Oh, and The_Machine86, your adversarial attitude isn't helping things any. You don't seem to understand the serious situation you've put yourself in.
I'm adversarial? Your the one ordering us to do your beck and call
"A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me, she said 'no'."
Woody Allen
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:12 am

Post by CoolBot »

Nice try, Locus, but I'm the mason. I'm not about to listen to your orders anytime soon.
vote: Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:09 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Oh thank god, we've found the scum. Sorry about that, The_Machine.
vote: CoolBot
, I'll prove to you in just a moment that I'm the mason.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
Pro-Town: 14 of 17 games
Doctor: 3 of 17 games
Cop: 2 of 17 games
Wins: 12 of 17 games
Lynched Scum: 16 of 27 lynches
Vig-killed Scum: 1 of 1 vig-kills
Survived/NightKilled/Lynched: 5/11/1 games
[/size]
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:13 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »

All right, you remember when Dragon Phoenix roleclaimed?
Sure. Under the circumstances, I'm convinced the scum can figure my role out, so I might as well state it. Congratulations for outing me: I am a mason with one other townie. Of course, we discussed during the first night, that's why my cell phone was busy. Let's therefore assume that The_Machine86 is what he says he is, as he got me right.
The first letter of each sentence spells out SUCOL, which is Locus backwards. He encoded the name of his mason buddy into his roleclaim. Now do you see why I wanted CoolBot to claim first? We're just lucky he took the bait anyway.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
[/size]
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:19 am

Post by CoolBot »

You're reaching Locus. Maybe if he made some reference to a code. Otherwise, we're doing nothing but finding patterns not there.
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:34 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »

:roll: :roll: :roll:

The choice is clear. The odds of my name appearing in DP's roleclaim by chance (which seems to be what CoolBot is claiming) is one in eleven million or more. You investigated me as mason, and DP spelled it out for you. There's really only one choice you can make here.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
[/size]
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:01 am

Post by The_Machine86 »

Before I vote, I want to know why, LC, you were so intent on proving that Lt. O was innoncent yesterday (last day)
"A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me, she said 'no'."
Woody Allen
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:32 am

Post by The_Machine86 »

The_Machine86 wrote:Before I vote, I want to know why, LC, you were so intent on proving that Lt. O was innoncent yesterday (last day)
And, if you are "both" masons, tell me your role names.
Woody Allen
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:56 am

Post by CoolBot »

E-mail Junkie, of course. Did you expect anything differant?
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:59 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »

The_Machine86 wrote:Before I vote, I want to know why, LC, you were so intent on proving that Lt. O was innoncent yesterday (last day)
The_Machine86, I wasn't intent on proving his innocence. I simply wanted to make sure that we weren't lynching wrong, and your roleclaim did not seem to fit with the roles the rest of the town had. Clearly, I was wrong, and for that I apologize. I agree that, under normal circumstances, I would be the most suspicious.

However! These are not normal circumstances, and my innocence has been proven not merely once, but twice! Firstly, you investigated me, and got a result essentially the same as the one you got on Dragon Phoenix, and, perhaps even more importantly, wildly different from the entirely unambiguous one you got on Lt. Origen. Secondly, Dragon Phoenix encoded my name into his post.
The proposition that this would happen accidentally is ludicrously improbable!
(The odds against are in the neighborhood of eleven or twelve million to one. Do the math yourself if you don't believe me.)

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here, as always, pro-town. It seems essentially an open and shut case: both you and DP have proclaimed me the other mason. If you intend to vote me, please explain why you are ignoring this evidence, and give me a chance to respond to it. Please, please, please don't throw away the game.

(Oh, and yes, my rolename is E-mail Junkie. The fact that the masonic rolename is Email Junkie is public information; knowing it proves nothing except that you have in fact been reading the thread.)
Show
[size=75]Stats:
[/size]
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:14 am

Post by The_Machine86 »

I'm goin to go through the game and base what you two have said with that of known mafia members in the past. I'll post my lynch within the hour
Woody Allen
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:18 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »

No.
The_Machine86, you're going to make a huge mistake. Please. Look at the facts. There should be no need for any deduction whatsoever! How do you explain all the evidence pointing to me being the mason? What evidence is there pointing toward CoolBot being the mason?

Please, can you hold off on casting the lynching vote, if you aren't willing to listen to reason? I will never forgive you if you throw this game away for us without giving me a chance to defend myself.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
[/size]
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:28 am

Post by The_Machine86 »

In the last three days

LC - 1 vote against a Townie resulting in a townies death

CoolB - 3 Votes, 2 resulting in townies deaths. 1 Resulting in mafia deaths.

Quite frankly I believe that your both mafia.
I'm going to, however, base my lynch directly, for the most part, on my night info

Vote CoolB
Woody Allen
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:29 am

Post by The_Machine86 »

And next time, to whoever the mason is, plz, listen to the person who is for sure not mafia and don't make it hard them
Woody Allen
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:03 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Vote Count 4.1, Final Release:

----------------------------
CoolBot - 2 (Locus Cosecant, The_Machine86)

Locus Cosecant - 1 (CoolBot)
---------------------------

After a tense three-way standoff, The_Machine86 decides that CoolBot has to go. Luckily for him, CoolBot's knife was already lost the previous night, and he packs up his gaming books, dice, and papers and left without another word.

CoolBot, a
Dice-rolling mafioso
, has been sent away.

Dragon Phoenix, Internet Stranger, milkman, niMic, Iammars, and Coron come back the following weekend for your usual frag-and-brag session. Life has returned to normal!

Congratulations town! Game over.
Roles and night actions to come soon.
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:12 pm

Post by The_Machine86 »

Good game. Go Town!
Woody Allen
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:13 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

ROLES
---------------------------
In case you didn't notice, each role started with a letter of D-O-D-E-C-A-H-E-D-R-O-N. 12 players, 12 letters, 12 faces on a die.

* 3 "D"s - Dice-rolling Mafia. [talk and kill at night as a group] -CoolBot, Dmi, Lt. Origen.
You are a part of the Dice-rolling Mafia! (cue dramatic music here). During a blackout you may communicate with your partners _______ and ________, and decide whose lucky number has come up and who gets to roll them. PM me with your choice after you have decided, as well as who will perform the deed. When the lights are on, you try to look like anybody else. You win when everyone but your side is dead.
* 2 "O"s - Orderly Orderly. [protect] - Coron and niMic
You are an Orderly Orderly, very organized at your job at the local hospital; you're not finished with your medical training, but you may be able to offer some hope of saving them from a critical wound. PM me with who you'd like to roll up in bandages during the blackouts, if anyone. When the lights are on, your job is to discover who the scum are and vote for them. You win when only people on your side remain.
* 2 "E"s - E-mail Junkie (Mason). [communicate at night] - Dragon Phoenix and Locus Cosecant
You are an E-mail Junkie, and since it takes two, you're not alone. During a blackout you may communicate with _____ by text messaging them on your cell-phone (PM). When the lights are on, your job is to discover who the scum are and vote for them. You may not communicate by PM when the lights are on, or if one of you is dead. You win when only players on your side remain (this includes the rest of the town :roll:).
* 1 "C" - Cunning Serial Killer. [kill at night solo] - help im a bug
You are a Cunning Serial Killer, and you're on nobody's side but your own! When a blackout hits, send me a PM with who you'd like to try to kill. When the lights are on you should try to look like anybody else and let suspicion roll off of you. You win when everyone else is dead! Muahahaha!
Postscript: I decided this role would be a LARPer; it merely added "drama" flavor to his attacks.
* 1 "A" - Atypical Gamer. - Iammars
You're an Atypical Gamer; want to know why? Because you're female! Besides the power that may imply over your poorly socialized friends, the only action you get is to vote while the lights are on and find out who's side the lynching victim is on, hoping they're scum. Roll yourself up into bed when the lights go out, for you have no night actions. You win when only pro-town players remain.
* 1 "H" - Helpful Gamer. - Internet Stranger
You are nothing but a Helpful Gamer, trying to determine what side people are on and vote for them while the lights are on. During a blackout, you might as well roll over and get some sleep, for you have no choices or actions. You win when only the pro-town players remain.
* 1 "R" - Regular Gamer. - milkman
You're just a Regular Gamer, which means you have no actions during a blackout, so you might as well roll over and get some rest. While the lights are on, you're trying to discover who is not on your side and vote for them. You win the game if the pro-town players are the only ones remaining.
* 1 "N" - Night Watchman. [following 'cop'] - The_Machine86
You're a Night Watchman, which means you're a little bleary-eyed and sidetracked. This is because you go out during the rolling blackout periods, back to doing your job. Send me a PM with who you'd like to trail after, and I'll let you know if they do anything noteworthy.
When the lights come back on, you must not oversleep or you will be unable to put the 1st vote on someone; your first post of the day must come within 24 hours of the lights coming on, though you don't have to vote immediately in that post. You may use/tell any information you have gained about them, though, and once someone else votes for the person you want, you are free to do so. You win when all of the scum are dead and you can finally get some rest.

SPECIAL NIGHT FEATURES
---------------------------------
A lot of people wondered what the dice-rolling was all about as dark fell. To tell the truth: not too much. It changed a few results of night actions down the line, but largely was there for flavor in line with the 'gaming' theme. All roles get a critical failure on a roll of 1, critical success on a roll of 12.

Nd12 in thread for all surviving players at dark, apply each down the line, send PMs as appropriate.

Mafia: 1 means kill fails, 12 means 200% chance of success.
Orderly: 1 means the target dies of complications, 12 means 200% success.
E-mail junkie: 1 means their server is down [can't send messages, only receive; send them to Mod instead], 12 means they may text message once during the day, by sending it to the Mod for relaying.
Serial Killer: 1 means kill fails, 12 means 200% chance of success.
Night watchman: 1 means investigation fails utterly, 12 means they learn their role and guilt/innocence, target, etc.
Townie: They get a free night protection on a 12 (in the bathroom), no posting ability for that day on a 1 (still in the bathroom).

D CoolBot
O Coron - died Night One.
D Dmi - died Night Two.
E Dragon Phoenix - died Night Four.
C help im a bug - died Night Four.
A Iammars - lynched Day One.
H Internet Stranger - died Night Three.
E Locus Cosecant
D Lt. Origen - lynched Day Three.
R milkman - lynched Day Two.
O niMic - died Night Two.
N The_Machine86

NIGHT ACTIONS
-----------------------
Night One

niMic protected help im a bug.
Coron saved Locus Cosecant from an attack by help im a bug.
Lt. Origen eliminated Coron for the mafia.
The_Machine86 investigated Dragon Phoenix, finding him doing nothing but tapping on his cell phone.
milkman rolled a 12; he would have been 'in the bathroom' had anyone targeted him.
Day One

The_Machine86 violated his posting restriction, and therefore his vote for Lt. Origen didn't count.
The town lynched Iammars with (her) own help casting the sixth vote.
Night Two

Dragon Phoenix rolled a 1; had he sent any text messages, they would have been delayed until the lights came back on due to a "server outage". He happened to be out of town during that time anyway, so it didn't matter.
niMic's rolled a 12; his protection of Internet Stranger would have been 200% effective if needed.
help im a bug rolled a 12; his attack on Dmi was 200% effective! Err, yeah.
The_Machine86 investigated Internet Stranger, and found him asleep every time he checked.
Lt. Origen eliminated niMic for the mafia, getting rid of the other protection role.
Day Two

The town lynched milkman.
Night Three

CoolBot rolled a 1; his attack on Dragon Phoenix failed when he dropped his Swiss Army knife.
help im a bug eliminated Internet Stranger.
The_Machine86 investigated Lt. Origen, finding him poring over treasure tables and rolling dice maniacally.
Day Three

The town lynched Lt. Origen on The_Machine86's investigation, with his partner casting the deciding vote.
Night Four

No special rolls.
help im a bug got rid of Dragon Phoenix.
CoolBot eliminated help im a bug all by himself.
The_Machine86 survived the night unscathed, surprisingly, and targeted Locus Cosecant, finding him tapping rapidly on his cell phone in the dark.
Day Five

CoolBot lynched by the remaining town.

*** Since this was my first modding of a game, I'm curious what feedback people have on my performance (you can comment here or by PM). I didn't expect the role names being 'flavored' to throw people off as much as it did, but you all figured it out pretty well once the Night Watchman came out with his results. I'm not sure if the scum left him alive in the end on purpose or not; I was fully expecting a Prisoner's Dilemma with a Mason, a Mafioso, and a Serial Killer in the endgame!**
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:15 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Also, I caught myself in a bind by making an off-the-cuff decision to not 'kill' people at night, but simply eliminate them. I failed to account for how much suspicion that would place on the Orderlies when they came out, however since they were picked off quickly by Lt. Origen, it never really mattered much...
Lt. Origen
Lt. Origen
Goon
Lt. Origen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:30 pm

Post by Lt. Origen »

I'm not sure how good of an idea this random results thing is. The special effects came up disturbingly often, and that failure to kill might have cost the mafia the game. I thought IS was a doctor, and the OOs were just flavor, when that happened. Incidentally, Machine, why'd you pick me to investigate?
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:46 pm

Post by CoolBot »

Gah, I screwed up Night 4. I thought the SK was going to off machine, so I was trying to get the second mason. Anyway, this marks the first time I've made it to the end game as scum.

I thought it was a pretty good game, Flay, and not too unbalanced. After all, we did get down to a lynch or lose situation for the town.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:49 pm

Post by Coron »

Great game, too bad I died night one :x
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:08 pm

Post by The_Machine86 »

Lt. Origen wrote: Incidentally, Machine, why'd you pick me to investigate?
When milkman was killed, I knew that the remaining two mafia members had killed him (in the voting process). The only other person not to vote against milkman, besides myself and the victim, was DP, whose night info given to me didn't make him sound scummy. Not to mention that one of his posts made me think that he didn’t think that MM was mafia either. He too was surprised at the sudden bandwagon. He was voted out of the "I think they are mafia" group.

At the end of the day, in order from most suspicious to least

Internet Stranger, Locus Cosecant, CoolBot, Lt. Origen, help im a bug

My reasons

In general, the first two, IS and LC (no offense guys) still wanted to kill him even after milkman had role claimed, his claim, in my eyes, sensible. Especially IS, who was so intent on killing him after numerous posts. Made me think that he wanted the night to come (like I stated) LC went a different approach, saying things that the role sounded false and such. Let me tell you, when night came, I was thinking about picking either one of those two.

Coolbot caught my eye with the last post he made, saying something along the lines of "Worst case scenario, he's only a townie" If I were a vanilla townie, I wouldn't have said that.

Help im a bug just didn't say much, which made me not even think of him at the time.

As for you, only reason I picked you was because you jumped onto what would be a bandwagon early on (right after IS) that would kill a townie. I also found it a tad bit odd that Coolbot just happen to cast the lynch vote when you said that you were waiting for the last vote (although I didn’t find that very suspicous). Honestly, I got lucky, I didn't really think that you were mafia at the time.

Eventually, I figured IS tried way too hard and was sticking out like a sore thumb, no mafia would do that. the bug, well, he hadn't said much, even though he voted against mm.

In the end, it came down too the last three and I picked you.
Woody Allen
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:10 pm

Post by The_Machine86 »

As for the last day, LC, your night info saved you! Honestly, you seemed the most scummy, especially after the Lt. incident. But you did prove your case in comparing your night info to DPs.

Good Game
Woody Allen
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:14 pm

Post by The_Machine86 »

One question, Mr. Flay, why was LC in the dark?
Woody Allen

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”