The Werewolves of Millers Hollow (Game Over)

Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 12:58 am

Post by Juls »

Only have a second before work but I wanted to quickly say that the notes I posted on you were a direct cut and paste from my notes file. So it's probably a bit vague. But I will say some of these notes are just events I wanted to remember, not necessarily always scummy. In particular, I wasn't saying anything about 611 was scummy.

Like I said, it's just a vibe I am getting from you. If I could provide more solid evidence I would likely vote you. I post it more for others to look and think "yeah I am getting a weird vibe too" or "that girl is clueless".
-------------------------------------
Juls
MikeSC6
MikeSC6
Goon
MikeSC6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 2:09 am

Post by MikeSC6 »

Fair enough!

I'm mostly sitting here waiting for a claim from Mufasa. It may seem like I'm hounding you, Mufasa, but I think we need a claim before we can judge what to do.

Millar, are you still playing? Any opinion of what's been going on? Nothing has materialised that would support my "Village Idiot may be more than it seems" idea, it'd be nice to get an opinion from I guess a close-to confirmed townie.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 3:05 am

Post by Jahudo »

I didn't know this was a real card game. I found the other roles but I don't see anything that resembles what Mufasa is hinting at with his role.

Does the card game have events too? Maybe that's where we get unique roles and powers.

---------------------

I don't see the way Mike is posting as scummy. I think it's just his attempts at getting into the game. I did feel, however, that he often doubts his reads like with Pepper/Dingo and Mufasa. At some point I think townies have to make a decision based on what they can find. I think scum have more reason to withhold decisions so they don't have to backtrack as far if they see a momentum shift to another lynch candidate.

I think it's worth looking at how he's tried to come to conclusions or not, but right now I don't feel the case on him.

------------------------

These people need to post more or tell us where they are on getting caught up:
knox, ztife, dramonic, and Shinnen_no_Me
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 7:50 am

Post by Mufasa »

Would you guys really believe me with a full claim?

My role is rather bazzar to me myself.

I am titled the impressionist. My role abilities changes each day on a cycle of doctor, Jailkeeper, vig, and vanilla.

It also states that when I am lynched I may bring down one other person with me, and another is brought down randomly.

The girls comming back made my cycle skip vig and go to vanilla.
MikeSC6
MikeSC6
Goon
MikeSC6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 9:39 am

Post by MikeSC6 »

That seems a little too odd to be made up, and it ties in with wanting a day's grace, and then changing your mind. It fits everything too well to have been made up due to pressure.

Unvote

I was certain you were scummy, damn.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 10:23 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Actually, Mike, this claim makes me a lot more suspicious of Mufassa then I was before. Seems like the kind of thing a scum would make up, and his claim about what happens if he gets lynched seems like it's based on how the day ended yesterday, except with an extra random kill added in to his claim to make it sound scarier. Plus, in my experence, newbie sucm tend to make overly complicated fake claims very often.

Mufasa: What have your night targets been?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 10:33 am

Post by Mufasa »

Last night I chose to save Jahudo
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by Juls »

Jahudo wrote:Does the card game have events too? Maybe that's where we get unique roles and powers.
Yes, the expansion does. I will look through and see if there is anything that jumps out at me but there are quiet a few.
Juls
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by dramonic »

hmm, I agree with Yos on that one...
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by Mufasa »

I was randomly assigned the river
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 2:37 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Juls wrote:-I think Nabakov is Piper which is a role that charms people at night until all living people are charmed at which point he/she wins the game. I was dancing last night with two other people.
Yes. Nabakov replaced Barrylocke, and I was targetted night one. Juls was targetted night two.
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 2:39 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Mufasa wrote:Last night I chose to save Jahudo
Ok. Night 1 action?

Also, if you're a doc/vig/jailkeep, and if you get lynched if you get to kill someone but some extra random person dies as well, why did you ever think that you getting lynched rather then staying alive would be better for the town? I really don't see how this claim fits your claims yesterday.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by Mufasa »

Because I still get to take who I believe is scum down, but if I get NKd then I won't. Night one Action was a jailkeep on knox
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

@Juls: First, it's absurd that I would breadcrumb a third party role. Second, my predecessor was told N1 that he was dancing with DizzyIzzy, and it was clear the music was coming from a source other than him. I did not recieve similar notification N2. Who else was dancing with you?

As to Mufasa's claim, I am unconvinced.
-With the new revelation that all roles so far have been based on the card game (The best explanation of the roles I could find was this YouTube video), the inclusion of an "Impressionist" whose role doesn't match any others in name or abilities seems unlikely.
-It appears to me that a random lightning strike is not a pro-town thing to trigger (nor, for that matter, is a vengance kill in the hands of Mufasa)
-I don't see how the flavor of "impressionist" applies to other parts of the role. Why does killing the impressionist cause a random person to die? What does the woodland gathering have to do with his cycle of impressions?
-Mufasa opened the game by saying he "didn't fear death" which would be consonant with a role that only attained its true power upon lynch/NK. However, it seems this role is most useful if kept alive. Huh?

Some theories:
-Mufasa is scum with an elaborate fakeclaim designed to frighten the town (random death!) and push any possible verification into the far future (isn't it funny that Vig was the role he skipped over?). Basaically, IAWY2
-Mufasa is the Piper playing essentially the same gambit in the hopes of holding out to the end.
-Mufasa has been paired by the Cupid with another player as lovers (which would explain the random death but not the vengence kill).

@Juls: You say you have the cards available? A few questions:
-What exactly is the Cupid's win condition?
-How does the Piper work? It seems like his ability to charm expands by one person per night.
-What roles does the Thief select from?
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by Mufasa »

Hence why I am very Confused the role myself? has so many sides to it.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by Juls »

OK, I guess it makes sense that you are just another person who has been charmed but I definately think we have a piper. Last night I was dancing with BarryLocke and DizzyIzzy.

I have also found all the events we have had in the expansion deck. Over the weekend I will type them all up but can't do it right now.

Cupido
is the town matchmaker. He/she received the nickname because of his/her ability to make any two people fall instantly in (love?). During the first night of the game, Cupido designates two players who will be "in love" with one another for the rest of the game. Cupido can choose him/herself as one of teh lovers. If one of the lovers dies, the other immediately kills him/herself in a fit of grief. A love cannot, even as a bluff, vote to lynch their lover. Special Case: If one of the lovers is a Werewolf and the other one is a townsperson, the object of the game changes for these two players. The pair's only wish is to live in love and peace and therefore must eliminate all other players (Werewolves and Townsfolk) from the game by using the standard game rules.

That's all the info it has on Cupido.

Piper
- Each night when the game moderator calls upon her, the Piper designates 2 players, whose shoulders the moderator touches. The piper goes back to sleep. The moderator asks all new and old charmed Villagers to awake. They are recognized and fall asleep again. At the instant when there are no more remaining players who are not carmed, the Piper wins against all other players (Even if that occurs following a vote, or thanks to the Werewolves). Note: The piper cannot charm herself. The charmed players still have all their abilities and characteristics. The charm is not transmitted between lovers.

Thief
- If the Thief is used, two additional ordinary townsfolk cards are added to the deck at the beginning of the game. After the cards are shuffled and dealt, the two extra cards are shuffled and dealt, the two extra cards are placed face down in the center of the table. During the preliminary turn of the first night, the Thief looks at these two cards and may trade his/her card with one of these two cards. However, if both cards are Werewolves, the Thief must trade his card with one of them. If the Thief takes one of the extra cards, he/she assume the role of this character for the rest of the game.

It appears the role of "Mayor" in this game is equivalent to the role of "Sheriff" in WOMH.
Juls
Ztife
Ztife
Goon
Ztife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 6:53 pm

Post by Ztife »

NabakovNabakov wrote:@Juls: First, it's absurd that I would breadcrumb a third party role. Second, my predecessor was told N1 that he was dancing with DizzyIzzy, and it was clear the music was coming from a source other than him. I did not recieve similar notification N2. Who else was dancing with you?

As to Mufasa's claim, I am unconvinced.
-With the new revelation that all roles so far have been based on the card game (The best explanation of the roles I could find was this YouTube video), the inclusion of an "Impressionist" whose role doesn't match any others in name or abilities seems unlikely.
-It appears to me that a random lightning strike is not a pro-town thing to trigger (nor, for that matter, is a vengance kill in the hands of Mufasa)
-I don't see how the flavor of "impressionist" applies to other parts of the role. Why does killing the impressionist cause a random person to die? What does the woodland gathering have to do with his cycle of impressions?
-Mufasa opened the game by saying he "didn't fear death" which would be consonant with a role that only attained its true power upon lynch/NK. However, it seems this role is most useful if kept alive. Huh?

Some theories:
-Mufasa is scum with an elaborate fakeclaim designed to frighten the town (random death!) and push any possible verification into the far future (isn't it funny that Vig was the role he skipped over?). Basaically, IAWY2
-Mufasa is the Piper playing essentially the same gambit in the hopes of holding out to the end.
-Mufasa has been paired by the Cupid with another player as lovers (which would explain the random death but not the vengence kill).

@Juls: You say you have the cards available? A few questions:
-What exactly is the Cupid's win condition?
-How does the Piper work? It seems like his ability to charm expands by one person per night.
-What roles does the Thief select from?
That's new, I didn't know this game was based on an actual card game.

Also, it seems that the cards seems more like a power card than a role card, for instance the cupid player might be able to be both a townie or were-wolf, but it might be more balanced for it to be a townie role.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2009 12:59 am

Post by Gorrad »

V/LA until Sunday.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2009 3:09 am

Post by dramonic »

a cupid is always townie with a one use power at the beginning of the game. I play the card game a lot ^^
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Ztife
Ztife
Goon
Ztife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2009 3:13 am

Post by Ztife »

Jahudo wrote:These people need to post more or tell us where they are on getting caught up:
knox, ztife, dramonic, and Shinnen_no_Me
I would, but honestly, 43 pages of text is really intimidating for me to try and do a re-read on. I would be glad for a summary or at least some quotes on important posts, but hey, who am I to request that? I'll probably work my way backwards to with the posts as the discussion goes on, there are always referals to be made backwards when there is a need to.
Mufasa wrote:Would you guys really believe me with a full claim?

My role is rather bazzar to me myself.

I am titled the impressionist. My role abilities changes each day on a cycle of doctor, Jailkeeper, vig, and vanilla.

It also states that when I am lynched I may bring down one other person with me, and another is brought down randomly.

The girls comming back made my cycle skip vig and go to vanilla.
Sounds fake for multiple reasons.

1) Does the impressionist exist in the card game? Since Juls have mentioned that the name of the original card game might be changed, is there such a role in the card game itself/

2) Your role could be placed in townie, mafia, and neutral, while I believe that its wise not to claim your actual alignment, this doesn't look anywhere pro-town to me. At best its 50-50.

3) When you are lynched you bring others down? This sounds extremely fishy, almost like trying to warn us not to lynch you. I don't see how this fits into the flavour of an "impressionist"

4) Why would girls coming back make you skip one part of your cycle of being a vig?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah. I'm thinking the right move here is to
Vote:Mufasa
. He's almost certanly lying about at least some parts of his claim; it's just got too many moving parts to be a real role.

Mufasa, if you're a pro-town person who is lying about your claim for some reason, come clean now, or you will die. Look at what happened when Xtoxm lied about his role day 1. Telling the truth right now is your only chance.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2009 10:27 am

Post by Mufasa »

I have told the truth, and nothing but the truth, I do swear to oath
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2009 1:28 pm

Post by Jahudo »

So just to make sure about this piper thing, Barrylocke was told he started dancing with Dizzy and Dizzy was told she started dancing with Barrylocke? Did they learn through the mod that Juls started dancing? Did Juls learn through the mod that those two were already dancing?
Mufasa wrote:I was randomly assigned the river
What is the river?

It's strange that the "Impressionist" would have the Hunter's power as well as being a JOAT. That seems very powerful. I believe the name at least and that he probably has some of that power because Juls had already revealed that this was a semi-open setup, but I don't think the claim makes him any more or less town because Impressionist could be scum.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Jahudo wrote:
Mufasa wrote:I was randomly assigned the river
What is the river?
That was the wrong game, again.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by Juls »

So just to make sure about this piper thing, Barrylocke was told he started dancing with Dizzy and Dizzy was told she started dancing with Barrylocke? Did they learn through the mod that Juls started dancing? Did Juls learn through the mod that those two were already dancing?
All it said for me was that I look around and see that I wasn't the only one there, Barry and Izzy were there too.
Juls

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”