Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 8:17 pm

Post by Datadanne »

I am enjoying this scene. 8-)
Show
Acheivements:

- Won 400000$ in Mafia Deal or no deal.
- Killed 3 mafia members in his first 3 vig nights.
- Reserved
Datadanne
Datadanne
Goon
Datadanne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 8:27 pm

Post by Datadanne »

Votecount:

1 – OhGodMyLife (Tarballs)

5 – Fallen Angel (Iamausername, Sotty7, Mastin, OhGodMyLife and Yosarian2

2 – Iamausername (Khamisa and CjMiller)

Not voting:

Fallen Angel
Caboose
Korejora
Wulfy

Angel is at LY-2
Last edited by Datadanne on Wed May 27, 2009 3:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Show
Acheivements:

- Reserved
Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 12:10 am

Post by Tarballs »

Khamisa wrote:CJ's claim was bad. At least we know who we're lynching tomorrrow if he's not dead.
There's a wifomy reason for the werewolves to not kill CJ, but yeah, it's rather unlikely they'd kill someone else instead.
CJMiller wrote:Tarballs: I was simply trying not to get lynched, something other players seem intent on doing every game.
There were zero votes on you, so you weren't anywhere close to being lynched. I would've understood your claim if you were at L-1, but in this case it just didn't make sense. But I'm through with this case. What's done is done.

Mod:
My vote is on OhGodMyLife, not Yosarian2. Also, I believe it takes 7 votes to lynch, not 6, so Fallen Angel is actually at L-2.
Datadanne
Datadanne
Goon
Datadanne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 3:49 am

Post by Datadanne »

Goddamn it, I knew it was wrong.
Fixing it now.

Fixed.
Last edited by Datadanne on Wed May 27, 2009 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Acheivements:

- Reserved
CJMiller
CJMiller
he
Goon
CJMiller
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 4:45 am

Post by CJMiller »

After having read through the whole Day...

Unvote

Vote: Fallen Angel
not as an OMGUS, but for being one of the last to confirm and also same to yell NOT SCUM (both signs of scum).
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 4:48 am

Post by Sotty7 »

How are these signs of scum?
Datadanne
Datadanne
Goon
Datadanne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 5:05 am

Post by Datadanne »

Fallen Angel is at LY-1
Show
Acheivements:

- Reserved
Khamisa
Khamisa
Goon
Khamisa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 8:58 am

Post by Khamisa »

Unvote

CJ Miller is digging a deeper hole.
Show
[color=red]dead[/color] world
full of [color=red]shades[/color]
today i [color=red]die[/color]

[color=#33CC66]free[/color] world
full of [color=#33CC66]beauty[/color]
today i [color=#33CC66]swim[/color]
CJMiller
CJMiller
he
Goon
CJMiller
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 9:38 am

Post by CJMiller »

My gut (which is correct 95% of the time) says fallen angel is scum.

Someone bring the hammer.
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 11:07 am

Post by fallen angel »

CJMiller wrote:After having read through the whole Day...

Unvote

Vote: Fallen Angel
not as an OMGUS, but for being one of the last to confirm and also same to yell NOT SCUM (both signs of scum).
[sarcasm]Of course these are valid scumtells. Because scum totally forget that they joined a game, and follow stupid trends because they're just
that desperate
to prove they're scum. Scum also use correct grammar. And spelling. Therefore, I'm scum! Lynch lynch lynch!!![/sarcasm]. I would self-hammer just to prove a point, but it's probably better if I don't. Besides, I care about winning more then being right, because I already know I am right. I know I am a vanilla townie. It also seems CJ, although he claims not to be OMGUSing, is trying to target me in an attempt not to be targeted. That was why he claimed seer. His reasons are also impossibly stupid. No, I have never played a game with him, but God... I was late in confirming because I forgot I signed up for this. He is voting me for confirming late when he confirmed after I did! And yes, scum usually are concerned with living till endgame, CJ. It usually helps them win. Your gut is wrong, buddy. This is that 5% of the time when you are way off target. I'm sure he'd love it if someone (me or one of his scumbuddies would be ideal)(<--- Hey look, confirmation bias! FA = town!) were to hammer, because then we go to the night phase. CJ, if you want to live 'till endgame, you usually don't claim the
one and only
power role the town has. It usually gets you NKed, but I am sure you aren't worried about that as scum can't be NKed if there is no vig/other NK role that targets them. Oh, is this the one where scum don't get NKs? Whoops, my bad. He's a werewolf with Mastin. In other words, blah blah blah, lynch CJ, blah blah blah, I'm a townie.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 11:22 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

fallen angel wrote:In other words, blah blah blah, lynch CJ, blah blah blah, I'm a townie.
CJ's play errors aside; you do realize that you're trying to lynch a claimed cop (well, seer, same thing), on day 1, in an open game where we know we are 100% guarenteed to HAVE a seer role, and where there hasn't been a counterclaim?

Note: If CJ is lying, I am *NOT* saying that the "real" seer should counterclaim today. If CJ is lying, then we'll find out at some point, when the real seer either claims or dies; in that case, CJ is basically already caught scum, and there's no need to out a seer just to lynch him.

I don't really think that's the most LIKELY scenerio, anyway, my hunch is that CJ is likely telling the truth; in any case, lynching someone who claimed to be the town's main power role, in a game when we KNOW that rule exists and is pro-town, without a counterclaim, on day 1, is a terrible, terrible idea. Unless you're scum, in which case, lynching the cop today would seem like a good idea for you.

(Let me also mention, quickly, that while FA is my main suspect at the moment, we're in no rush to hammer, despite what CJ said. )
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 11:32 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

FA seems pretty much like caught scum. Tell me Yos, what exactly do you expect to gain by delaying the lynch?
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 11:36 am

Post by fallen angel »

@Yos- I really doubt his claim, that's all.
Korejora
Korejora
Goon
Korejora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 11:47 am

Post by Korejora »

I'm feeling the werewolf on CJ, contrarily. An inexperienced town player is less likely to kneejerk claim because the immediate threat of the scum targeting power roles. An inexperienced scum, on the other hand, would have a lot more difficulty inferring that it's a terrible idea as a real cop, and only see the upside of dodging the lynch, knowing they don't have to worry about nightkills (in this case only applicable to the wolves). It's pretty irrelevant till tomorrow, but with him hopping the easy lynch and trying to play the gut card, that's the impression I get.

While it doesn't make me feel any better about FA.. the suggestion to lynch CJ, in terms of policy, seems pretty innocent to me; in ordinary circumstances, you
would
lynch a player that pulled something that ridiculous, and FA might not be familiar with the reasons you wouldn't lynch a claimed cop. They seem kind of duhhh to us, but how many mafia games has he played?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

OhGodMyLife wrote:FA seems pretty much like caught scum. Tell me Yos, what exactly do you expect to gain by delaying the lynch?
(shrug)

Fair question. At the moment, if FA is scum, I don't really have any feeling yet for who his scum buddy(s) might be; plus, we really want to lynch a scum today, or the numbers can get ugly fast. I don't want to draw the game out unnecessarally or anything, but I don't think we're in THAT big of a rush, and I wouldn't mind talking out any doubts people might have here about the wagon first.
Kore wrote: I'm feeling the werewolf on CJ, contrarily. An inexperienced town player is less likely to kneejerk claim because the immediate threat of the scum targeting power roles. An inexperienced scum, on the other hand, would have a lot more difficulty inferring that it's a terrible idea as a real cop, and only see the upside of dodging the lynch, knowing they don't have to worry about nightkills (in this case only applicable to the wolves). It's pretty irrelevant till tomorrow, but with him hopping the easy lynch and trying to play the gut card, that's the impression I get.
Eh. If he claimed in response to a "claim or die" situation, I could see a newbie scum claiming cop, or any scum in fact if they were desperate and/or if they wanted to out the real cop.

In this case, though; I personally see newbie town claiming ALL THE TIME in situations where they pretty clearly shouldn't. I don't really understand why that is, other then perhaps Jeep's old rule that "everyone secretly wants to tell you what their role is", but it seems to happen a lot. However, lying and claiming seer in a game where there IS a seer, when you're not even in any danger; that seems like such a horrible move for a scum, I can't really imagine any scum doing it, even a newbie scum.
While it doesn't make me feel any better about FA.. the suggestion to lynch CJ, in terms of policy, seems pretty innocent to me; in ordinary circumstances, you would lynch a player that pulled something that ridiculous, and FA might not be familiar with the reasons you wouldn't lynch a claimed cop. They seem kind of duhhh to us, but how many mafia games has he played?
(shrug) I donno. Lynching a claimed cop in this game is such a clearly anti-town idea, and would so clearly be in the scum's interest, I could have a much easier time seeing a scum do it then a town.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Fallen angel is scum. Tarballs is almost certainly his partner, the connection was made obvious in the egregious stalling defense tar threw up for FA. If FA is mafia and not a wolf, I'd lay money on mastin being the third, for a less drastic example of the same.

Khamisa is also scum, likely the other group. My gut says Kham is a wolf considering the danger of leaving CJ alive for a mislynch tomorrow, given her slimy undermining of confidence in CJ's claim.

Thats 4 out of 5. If the 5th scum could please claim so I don't have to do any more work I'd really appreciate it.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Oh thats right, Caboose was acting really shifty earlier, I'll go ahead and name him as the fifth scum. Done and done.
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by fallen angel »

Consider this- I don't get lynched today, the seer investigates me. CJ says I'm scum, I flip town, lynch CJ. It confirms me if CJ (or if he isn't the seer) it confirms me and possibly him. It's a risk, and I understand it's WIFOMy, but isn't it worth a shot? Yea, I know I appear to be trying to save myself. I don't really care.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

fallen angel wrote:Consider this- I don't get lynched today, the seer investigates me. CJ says I'm scum, I flip town, lynch CJ. It confirms me if CJ (or if he isn't the seer) it confirms me and possibly him. It's a risk, and I understand it's WIFOMy, but isn't it worth a shot? Yea, I know I appear to be trying to save myself. I don't really care.
Not even remotely a good idea. It is almost 100% guaranteed that cj will be the nightkill tonight, leaving us in the exact same position in regards to you tomorrow that we are in right now.

Now can we get a hammer on this guy?
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by fallen angel »

Whatever. Somebody put me out of OGML's misery.
CJMiller
CJMiller
he
Goon
CJMiller
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 2:39 pm

Post by CJMiller »

Vote: fallen angel CONFIRMED

HAMMER THE SCUM!
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 3:09 pm

Post by fallen angel »

CJMiller wrote:
Vote: fallen angel CONFIRMED

HAMMER THE SCUM!
Yes, everybody blindly follow the advice of the guy who claimed seer without prompting or votes on him to "avoid looking scummy".
Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 5:41 pm

Post by Wulfy »

OhGodMyLife wrote:Fallen angel is scum. Tarballs is almost certainly his partner, the connection was made obvious in the egregious stalling defense tar threw up for FA. If FA is mafia and not a wolf, I'd lay money on mastin being the third, for a less drastic example of the same.

Khamisa is also scum, likely the other group. My gut says Kham is a wolf considering the danger of leaving CJ alive for a mislynch tomorrow, given her slimy undermining of confidence in CJ's claim.

Thats 4 out of 5. If the 5th scum could please claim so I don't have to do any more work I'd really appreciate it.
First: CJ is almost definitely town. As *Scratches ear* As Sotty and I can tell you, he's stupid. The fact he's a seer is a terrible, terrible loss from which we're all pretty screwed (cept those fake wulves), but we can't lynch him, and if he's scum, I would be really, really surprised.

Also, I agree. I'm getting a strong FA scum feeling too. The townie claim (called for) doesn't say "save me, save me," but yos has a valid point. We should definitely avoid lynching town. So, I see no issue holding off just a bit to get a better feel and watching everyone. It is a far superior line of play than rushing into a lynch while our Seer (assumed confirmed?) will probably die tonight. So, having his say, even though he's prone to tunneling, is a better idea.

Side note: CJ, look up the Gambler's fallacy in the wiki. Learn it.

Scratch the above, as this post has given me reason to vote her:
fallen angel wrote:Consider this- I don't get lynched today, the seer investigates me. CJ says I'm scum, I flip town, lynch CJ. It confirms me if CJ (or if he isn't the seer) it confirms me and possibly him. It's a risk, and I understand it's WIFOMy, but isn't it worth a shot? Yea, I know I appear to be trying to save myself. I don't really care.
False, as you are clearly mafia. You want CJ to confirm you because you know that the following line will happen because CJ can only ascertain werewolf and not werewolf.

You are mafia. You get us to no lynch. CJ seers you, and werewolves kill someone else. They know that this stupid plan will play in their favor. CJ confirms you, and either the town will lynch CJ as a liar, OR the town lynches someone else, and CJ dies by werewolves with you as the sole confirmed person (or at lest, not werewolf confirmed).

I had rather see you hang now:

Vote Fallen Angel

That was a terrible idea and is a really scummy ploy.
w:l:d
2:3:0
Datadanne
Datadanne
Goon
Datadanne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 6:43 pm

Post by Datadanne »

At the end of the day, The society dicided to lynch...
Fallen angel.

Cjmiller was all like, WOOO IMMA SEEER!
Then everyone was like, DOOOORK!
Then Cjmiller was like, OMG VOTE FALLENANGEL! HAMMAH TEH SCUM!

(This is only flavor)

All of you decided that fallen angel was acting strange, And pushed him off a cliff.

As you all went down to check out his body in the moonlight, You notice he isn´t a monkey... And his body isn´t acting very strange.

Goddamn it.

Fallen Angel,
Pro-Town Townie
- Fell to his death day 1.

Night choises to be made before sunday.
Show
Acheivements:

- Reserved
Datadanne
Datadanne
Goon
Datadanne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 6:14 pm

Post by Datadanne »

As you all woke up the next morning...
Well...
You weren´t suprised.
Ok, A little bit.

CjMiller
Pro-Town Seer
-
Slashed to tiny tiny bits night 1.
Show
Acheivements:

- Reserved

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”