The Werewolves of Millers Hollow (Game Over)

DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Yes. I got the same message both nights, first saying it was just me and Barrylocke, the second to say that it was me, Barrylocke abnd Juls.
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 3:02 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

The name doesn't match the abilities. Impressionists aren't people who assume other forms, as they are the ones who try to impress onto others.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 3:43 am

Post by Juls »

An impressionist takes on the personality of someone else so I can see that being a name but I don't see anything similar to this in the card game. I am having a hard time voting on this reason though. I guess questions to everyone:

1) could this be a scum role disguised as a town role?
2) could this be a third party role?
3) is it better to look elsewhere today and try to verify his claim?
-------------------------------------
Juls
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 3:51 am

1)yes
2)no
3)no
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 5:41 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Request Replacement

Exams will prohibit me from staying active in more than 1 game atm :(

Don't let Yos survive to endgame. Srsly. Thanks for the game guys! :P

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
MikeSC6
MikeSC6
Goon
MikeSC6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 5:51 am

Post by MikeSC6 »

1) It could be- werewolves are shapeshifters, these mechanics would fit with some kind of shapeshifter role I guess.

2) No, I don't think so- Jailkeep and doctor would be of little use to a third-party, I shouldn't think.

3) We certainly could wait and identify, if we waited for his vigilante day. If he's town, we'll get power roles. If he's town and dies during the night, we'll avoid a random death and will have avoided a miss-lynch. If his role is true (or semi-true, if he is a power role), but his alignment isn't- that could pose a problem. If he's scum, but lying about being a powerrole, then we could put him off for lynching until we've had an opportunity to test his claim without too much damage being done.

I'm no longer so certain that Mufasa's scum, I found the claim believable. This is something we can test so yeah, I think we should do that.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 5:55 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

MikeSC6 wrote: I'm no longer so certain that Mufasa's scum, I found the claim believable.
Which part of it? The part that he's claiming to be another hunter, even though 2 hunters seems kind of crazy? The part that someone else randomally dies when he does? The part where he has a whole series of roles he gets that somehow gets interfered with by random game actions? The part where he's claiming to have the exact same role as the guy we lynched yesterday except with a lot more bells and whistles added on randomally? The part where the flavor of his role dosn't seem to make sense? Or the part where his claim today seems to be mostly incompatable with his semi-claims from previous days?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
MikeSC6
MikeSC6
Goon
MikeSC6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 8:14 am

Post by MikeSC6 »

Yosarian2 wrote:
MikeSC6 wrote: I'm no longer so certain that Mufasa's scum, I found the claim believable.
Which part of it? The part that he's claiming to be another hunter, even though 2 hunters seems kind of crazy? The part that someone else randomally dies when he does? The part where he has a whole series of roles he gets that somehow gets interfered with by random game actions? The part where he's claiming to have the exact same role as the guy we lynched yesterday except with a lot more bells and whistles added on randomally? The part where the flavor of his role dosn't seem to make sense? Or the part where his claim today seems to be mostly incompatable with his semi-claims from previous days?
Mostly because it's a claim we can test. It may buy him some time, but if he's lying it's a matter of a couple of days before we can get a pretty good idea either way, if we direct him to vig someone in particular. Although, thinking it through, scum could easily ruin that for us with tactical nightkills/no-kills.

If he's lying, I would have expected him to add some kind of cop power among his myriad powers to explain away one of the biggest suspicions on him (saying Battle Mage "needs to be lynched" without evidence). That's what I was expecting anyway.

Although I still don't fully understand why one of your powers was skipped, Mufasa?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Jahudo »

Juls wrote:An impressionist takes on the personality of someone else so I can see that being a name but I don't see anything similar to this in the card game. I am having a hard time voting on this reason though. I guess questions to everyone:

1) could this be a scum role disguised as a town role?
2) could this be a third party role?
3) is it better to look elsewhere today and try to verify his claim?
I read somewhere that Monet could perform a good Degas impression.

1. If he's a werewolf then he's probably the equivalent of a Mafia Doctor or Mafia Roleblocker. His being scum already ensures he can be tested as a killer.

2. I can believe there being 2-3 third party players but any more would seem too hard to balance. We know there's a Piper and it sounds like the lovers could become third party players. I'm not sure another party would balance well.

3. Wouldn't any test require a power role to out themselves? Like, to say their weren't blocked or they got a guilty investigation? I'd rather not use him to direct kills and if he's scum a "successful protect" doesn't mean anything.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:Yes. I got the same message both nights, first saying it was just me and Barrylocke, the second to say that it was me, Barrylocke abnd Juls.
Huh, I didn't get a PM last night, so I'll just assume it was a mod error.

1) This exact role? I doubt it. It might be possible for a scum roleblocker to simulate that role (up until the point he's lynched, after which everything is moot), but that would still mean he's fakeclaiming.
2) Similar story, though I don't know of any third-party roles with roleblocking abilities.
3) The wait-and-see strategy is dubious. Without outing a powerrole (who's ability is also confirmable), we would have to wait for the Vig role to come around again, which would push back any confirmation four whole days.

All in all, I find this role simply too implausible to see it as anything but a complete fakeclaim, and considering that Mufasa has already passed up any opportunity to recant as a lying townie, I'm going to
Vote: Mufasa
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by Juls »

Yeah, I think the general concensus is that it's not plausible. I am willing to vote...but I am not sure where we are?

mod: vote count please
Juls
MikeSC6
MikeSC6
Goon
MikeSC6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 1:38 am

Post by MikeSC6 »

Disregard my earlier wish to test him on his vigilante day- scum wouldn't just be able to interfere with it, they'd be able to completely ruin it (either way). If he's telling the truth, they could no-kill. If he's lying they could kill the target. Either one would appear to be the same, and so wouldn't help us at all.

Is there any way we could test his jailkeeper claim? By the looks of things, that's tonight. Does "dancing" count as a night action that can be jailkeep'd?
MikeSC6
MikeSC6
Goon
MikeSC6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 1:40 am

Post by MikeSC6 »

Ah, no- I thought his "saving Jahudo" thing was in reference to him being a doctor yesterday, rather than a jailkeeper.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 4:39 am

MikeSC6 wrote:Ah, no- I thought his "saving Jahudo" thing was in reference to him being a doctor yesterday, rather than a jailkeeper.
QFT
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 11:24 am

Post by Juls »

Looks like our mod has abandoned us for an entire week again. I am very close to replacing out because I don't want to waste time on a game if it's just going to get abandoned.
Juls
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 7:12 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

(2)Yosarian2: Battle Mage, Mufasa
(2)Kaiveran: Gorrad, Juls
(2)dramonic: zwetschenwasser DizzyIzzyB13
(1)Mufasa: NabakovNabakov
(0)Battle Mage:
(0)Jahudo:
(0)Juls:
(0)DizzyIzzyB13:
()MikeSC6:
()NabakovNabakov:
()Gorrad:
()knox:
()Shinnen_no_Me:
()Ztife:
()zwetschenwasser:

Not voting: dramonic, Juls, Shinnen_no_Me, Kaiveran, Ztife, Yosarian2, knox, Jahudo, MikeSC6

I'm terribly sorry about the inactivity; real life has been a bitch lately and I haven't had a lot of time.

Shinnen_no_Me and knox, will be replaced. I see that BM and Kaiveran have requested replacement too.

My metric for determining if something counts as swearing is "Would my mom make a disapproving face if she heard me say it?" Under that parameter, i haven't seen anything that qualifies.

To answer the question about people who lose votes lowering the lynch threshold: yes, it does. If everybody swore at the same time, there would be a no-lynch.
Last edited by Haschel Cedricson on Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 7:33 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Whoever hammers, do so by swearing : D
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:28 am

Post by Jahudo »

I'm not sure that vote count is accurate since it still lists dead people.

I say we get rid of Mufasa now because he's likely scum, but just in case he is telling the truth we should direct his vengeful kill by deciding who else is scummy and getting his input on who he'd kill. If he's town I don't think he'd be protected but theres a good chance scum want him dead if they think he's telling the full truth.

DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:30 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Ugh.
vote: Mufasa
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:43 am

Post by dramonic »

Jahudo wrote:I'm not sure that vote count is accurate since it still lists dead people.

I say we get rid of Mufasa now because he's likely scum, but just in case he is telling the truth we should direct his vengeful kill by deciding who else is scummy and getting his input on who he'd kill. If he's town I don't think he'd be protected but theres a good chance scum want him dead if they think he's telling the full truth.
QFT
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:23 am

YES I CAN VOTE OH YA MAMA
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:43 am

Post by Gorrad »

I now hop onto a growing wagon in a way that will make me seem scummy, despite there being good reason to do so!

MikeSC6
MikeSC6
Goon
MikeSC6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:37 am

Post by MikeSC6 »

That's six, by my count.

If we want to direct Mufasa's kill in case he's town, who does everyone think? Battle Mage seemed quite anxious to lynch Yos- one of those two could be a good bet- I'm leaning towards Battle Mage, for trying to lose people their votes, and the wish to lynch Yos based on what I think is weak evidence. I haven't been detecting scummy vibes from Yos, and killing our mayor now would just lead to WIFOMy situations and an unknown quantity really becoming mayor.

Something I do agree with is not letting Yos survive til the endgame though. I think we should lynch Yos sooner or later before the endgame, and keep lynching until we have a townie mayor that gives the mayorship to millar. A scummy mayor would do far more damage than a townie mayor would help, in my opinion.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:58 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

MikeSC6 wrote: Something I do agree with is not letting Yos survive til the endgame though. I think we should lynch Yos sooner or later before the endgame, and keep lynching until we have a townie mayor that gives the mayorship to millar. A scummy mayor would do far more damage than a townie mayor would help, in my opinion.
:eyebrow:

That's horrible logic, by the way. If you think I'm more likely town then scum, then lynching me just because I got elected mayor is incredibly anti-town. We need to be lynching scum, not wasting lynch after lynch killing off townie mayors like you seem to be suggesting.

In any case, if I do die, I highly doubt I could give the mayorship to a "ghost" who is confirmed town but can't vote, but we can ask the mod.
Mod: Could Millar become mayor now?

Plus, the whole thing about "kill off Yos or BS" is pretty bad as well. BM attacked me, and he's wrong, but that dson't make him scum either.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
MikeSC6
MikeSC6
Goon
MikeSC6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:29 am

Post by MikeSC6 »

Since we're lynching Mufasa, we don't expect him to be telling the truth- and I can't see any better candidates for that "just in case" scenario. And while I think you're town now, I also don't want to get to the point where if you do start looking scummy we wouldn't have time to neutralise the extra vote.

And it would only have been more than one lynch if you're scum, because if you're not scum theoretically you'd go along with the town plan. And if you are scum and give someone else the mayorship, we'd either lynch them and get more scum or we'd get rid of the extra vote before endgame.

I'm in no hurry to lynch you, let's be clear, this is in anticipation of the endgame. The last thing we want is to get to a point where if we lynch you and you're scum, we'd end up with the mayor you pick at endgame. If we can't give Millar the mayorship then I wouldn't want you lynched just for surviving, because whatever happens the second vote would be with an unknown.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”