mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:53 am

Post by mith »

Bah?

The internet access here is crappy, so give me til Friday to put up a proper defense, but I would not be surprised if I came up guilty to certain investigations. I am also pretty sure I can prove my role, at least so far as what I can claim.

A few votes don't worry me, but you're going to get a heck of a rant if you accidentally lynch me before I have a chance to respond. :)
SubtleTactix
SubtleTactix
Townie
SubtleTactix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:19 am

Post by SubtleTactix »

I guess I can wait until Friday to hear what mith has to say. No vote for now.
--Tactix
[size=75]"No hard feelings Tactix, sorry about leading the crusade against you." -- Crola[/size]
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:24 am

Post by olio »

You give him 2 days to think of his defense?! Why in the world he would need two days to claim if he is innocent?
FOS: SubtleTactix
vote: mith

Btw, I like your new avatar Pooky :)
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:33 am

Post by Fuldu »

The only role I can think of that I would have credited "guilty to some investigations" was Crowley, who mith is clearly not. I'm perfectly comfortable giving him time to say whatever he wants to say, but I don't think I'm likely to believe it.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:32 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »

It doesn't really
hurt
us to wait. If nothing else, it might be amusing to try to watch him wriggle out of it.

FOS: olio

FOV: mith
Show
[size=75]Stats:
Pro-Town: 14 of 17 games
Doctor: 3 of 17 games
Cop: 2 of 17 games
Wins: 12 of 17 games
Lynched Scum: 16 of 27 lynches
Vig-killed Scum: 1 of 1 vig-kills
Survived/NightKilled/Lynched: 5/11/1 games
[/size]
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:53 am

Post by Polotet »

Just to update you since things are moving so fast, I count 7 votes for mith so far, with 14 votes needed to lynch.
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:54 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Well... I guess Sister Mary Loquacious might be guilty-ish, but... she sounds more mafia-spy than anything else. What with serving the forces of Hell, and all. And that's the only maybe-guilty-maybe-not and still living role I can think of.

Eh, I can wait. I'm expecting much, though...
To be Continued...
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:57 am

Post by Seol »

I'm going to wait to hear what mith has to say, but I'll take some convincing. Provisional unbolded doesn't-quite-count
vote mith
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:29 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Oh, and I forgot to mention (should have said this first off). Where is Genocide Heart? I remember him as scummy from yestiddy.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
[/size]
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:44 am

Post by Electra »

vote: mith
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:53 am

Post by Electra »

Ahh sorry. Page 18 didn't load for me until I posted. >__> I won't bother removing the vote since we're still pretty far from a lynch anyway.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:14 am

Post by Fuldu »

DarkLight140 wrote:Well... I guess Sister Mary Loquacious might be guilty-ish, but... she sounds more mafia-spy than anything else. What with serving the forces of Hell, and all. And that's the only maybe-guilty-maybe-not and still living role I can think of.

Eh, I can wait. I'm expecting much, though...
For future reference, DarkLight, suggesting roles that might be interpreted as guilty-appearing after someone has said that they will be needing to do so but before they actually do is generally a bad idea. Unless, as was the case with mine, the role in question is dead. Now, since mith can't actually claim a role name (per the rules), it's not as serious here, but still. Typically it's a no-no.
Desperate Heart
Desperate Heart
Townie
Desperate Heart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:20 am

Post by Desperate Heart »

I'm here, Locus.

I'll wait until Friday, though.
[i]There is only ONE god:
He is the SUN god:
Ra! Ra! Ra![/i]
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:48 am

Post by Iammars »

I am replacing, and I say
Vote: mith
Notes about me: Even though I read over the previous 187 pages, I am still kinda *woosh* about the past discussion. I'm not able to keep up with big games in the middle like this. The only reason i can keep up with the big games at misetings is becasue I read them while they're going on.
Also, I will be gone from tomorrow-Monday to a chess tournament at Nashville. I am leaving for the flight at @$#&6:25AM#&*$)!!!!
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:59 am

Post by Coron »

holy crap! 187 pages! ... oh wait you mean 18 that's a lot better.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:11 am

Post by Iammars »

I meant 17, but I originally wrote 18 and I forgot to backspace. :oops:
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:02 pm

Post by olio »

Ah.. I had already forgotten the "no name-claims allowed" -thingie. Now, if I get the rules of this game right, mith can only tell the basic description of his role and maybe the reason why he - according to him - shows as baddie for some investigators. Why didn't he give us the former in his latest post?
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:23 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Iammars - if you can't keep up with them, why do you replace into them?
Show
[size=75]Stats:
[/size]
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:27 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

vote Mith
just more pressure while awaiting whatever defense he has.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:30 am

Post by Iammars »

I read Good Omes needs replacement and I didn't check the thread. I assumed it was a mini. I realize that this was stupid now because the signup had its own special thread. Eventually I'll figure out how this site works. Plus, I feel bad for mods who need replacements, so the guilt drew me over.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:34 am

Post by mith »

This is amusing. The first day lasted two months and resulted in no lynch, and now some of you can't wait a day or two? Rushing into things is horrible play, and quite suspicious.

Vote: olio

I'm not sure what part of my previous post wasn't clear, but to elaborate, I was at a solar physics conference at Cambridge, the computers they had available for internet access were pathetic, and when I posted I only had a couple minutes before the next session. I wanted to read the rules to make sure of how much I could say, and I hate rushing posts.

Now, on to address things:

My role is essentially a vigilante type. If I'm reading the rules correctly, I'm not allowed to say exactly what the details of me using my ability are (i.e., how often I can use it, and so on). However, I will say that I haven't used it yet, and I *can* show that to you, simply by making a kill tonight (or whenever the town decides it would be useful) and you noting that it is a different type of kill. It's also possible you will be able to get an idea of what my role might be and why I might appear as scum to certain investigators; I can't say that for certain, but it seems likely.

I find it rather incredible that so many people have voted already, considering the type of game we're in. Do you honestly think that things will be so clear as that in this large a game with this many groups? We're going to have some guilties that can't be found by every investigator, and we're going to have some innocents appear guilty to some. I don't have the book at hand (net cafe), but I can really only think of one character that would be likely to get perfectly "nice" results, and given Pooky's had to confirm his "sanity" at all, it should be clear that he doesn't have it (I doubt anyone does, but who knows).

Stop acting like a bunch of mindless sheep and think, please.
The only role I can think of that I would have credited "guilty to some investigations" was Crowley
Well... I guess Sister Mary Loquacious might be guilty-ish
As pointed out, I can not name a role, so I am not going to list possibilities here including mine. However, I can think of several roles that could appear guilty sometimes. Grab the book and think about it some more. You'll feel pretty stupid if you lynch me and find out what my role is.

I think that's all. I don't see how it could possibly hurt the town to give me a day to show myself, but whatever... just think before you vote.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:49 am

Post by Seol »

Offtopic, but:
mith wrote:I was at a solar physics conference at Cambridge
There's one in Cambridge at the moment? There's one in Birmingham this week too!
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:52 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

The problem with that Mith is that it's quite possible that the Horsemen are a group and have a different kill mechanism for whichever Horseman they choose to do the killing or it could be that you're part of Satan's group and have a choice of kill mechanism and you choose the one that seems more righteous or what not.

Killing in a different method doesn't really prove anything and right now you're the best we have to go on.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:33 am

Post by mith »

The problem with that Mith is that it's quite possible that the Horsemen are a group and have a different kill mechanism for whichever Horseman they choose to do the killing or it could be that you're part of Satan's group and have a choice of kill mechanism and you choose the one that seems more righteous or what not.
For the first, that is certainly possible, but I am quite sure you would be able to tell the difference between my killing method and that. For the second... that's a bit of a reach, and not particularly in theme. The hell folk in the book are not exactly subtle about their evilness.

Obviously I can't prove 100% that I am innocent. That's just the way things go in Theme games. It's simply bad play though to lynch straight away when there's a good chance at getting more information.

And of course I disagree that I am the best you have to go on. olio's posts are just insane, for instance. I question the motives of anyone that advocates pushing through a lynch before plenty of information is milked out of things.

Seol: http://www.mist.ac.uk/mistsr05.html (not much up yet, but anyway)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”