Newbie 789 (Game over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:54 am

Post by Elmo »

Day 1, Vote Count #12

Cojin (4) <- Scien, Amished, Raivann, camn
Raeil (2) <- arelian, Cojin
camn (2) <- Raeil, Azhrei

Not voting: AShadowedHeart.
The
deadline
is Sunday, 7th June 22:00 UTC, which is 24 hours and 3 minutes from this post.
With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.
Last edited by Elmo on Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Raeil
Raeil
Townie
Raeil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:05 am

Post by Raeil »

camn wrote:Hi, Raeil.

Deadline is 24 hours, 7 minutes away, and no-majority = no-lynch......

So please, share any insight you have NOW!

Cojin is at L-1 and he looks caught to me.
Thanks for the hello.

Sorry, but no hammer dropping yet. I've been reading along (though not doing any major analysis), and when I got the request to replace, I started to analyze everything. I have another 24 hours, as you've said, to analyze and post my vote, so I'll work with speed in mind, but not rush to the point that I miss something.

I have my role PM, but will not be checking it or placing an FoS/Vote until I have finished my analysis of all 12 pages of text. This way, I'll be pro-town in my first (well, second) post no matter what.

Rest assured, though, if I end up having to hammer, I'll be on tomorrow for at least two hours, so I'll be able to re-analyze and hammer (or just watch as someone switches due to my post)

Anyway, look for a HUGE post of analysis from pages 1-12 (and some of 13) in about 3-5 hours.

BTW, if I do have to check the role PM before posting my analysis, I'll do that. Just let me know.
There are 10 people in the world: Those who understand trinary, those who don't, and those who thought this would be the same old binary line...
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:32 am

Post by camn »

Check your PM first.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Raeil
Raeil
Townie
Raeil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:48 am

Post by Raeil »

Alright, that's been done. Thanks for letting me know.
There are 10 people in the world: Those who understand trinary, those who don't, and those who thought this would be the same old binary line...
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by camn »

Its not a RULE-rule... but not reading your PM can only hurt the town.
Some people think it is cheating......some mods make you quote the PM back to them before they start games....

Bottomline?
If you were GOING to do it.. never tell. :)
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Cojin
Cojin
Goon
Cojin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by Cojin »

Cojin is at L-1 and he looks caught to me
You have cought yourself the sheep while looking for a wolf.

Kudos.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by camn »

Then do something about it!

Go through every player and give us 2 sentences on your perception of their play.
Get your thoughts together, and maybe you will help us!

Townies win with the town, regardless of if they live or die, so do what you can NOW to help us.. if you ARE town.

I say "you look caught" because scum tend to clam up when they see that they are about to die. Some even hammer themselves, so as to end the day. They do this to LIMIT the amount of info the town gets, and thus increase the odds of an eventual scum victory.

This is what YOU are doing.....which is inherently anti-town.
If you are town, you should be spilling your guts right now!
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:31 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Just popping in, I quickly scanned the thread from where I last posted.

@Ash, there's more than just the exams. There's a thing called revision. And I have work. And amazingly, I do other things with my time.

I no longer think (and it seems nobody else does) that Camn is a good lynch for today. I'd be happy with either a Raivann or Cojin lynch. And it doesn't seem likely we'll get a turnaround to Raivann. I won't drop the hammer on Cojin just yet, as I would like to give Raeil a chance to post a little first, but if we get too close to deadline and he hasn't posted yet, I will.

(It's the weekend, and I have spare time, with no work, so I should be able to watch this game.)

Unvote
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:47 pm

Post by Scien »

Raivann wrote:@Azhrei,ASH,Scien- What are your thoughts on these recent developments?
Hmm. Well lets see what has gone on shall we, first up is the Cojin reply I already started asking questions about:
First off, as I have mentioned, "Too townie" is a typical error, and not scummy in its own right. It could just be a newbie mistake. Cojin using it in a PBPA and claiming scumminess due to it is funny, but not to the point where I would consider it outside noobiness.

Next up is Amished's reply:
He echos my concerns about too-townie. He does point out that Cojin says Raivann responded poorly to pressure, and I would have to say I disagree as well. Raivann's game has improved if anything later in the game when more pressure was on him. Only bad thing that I see here towards Amished is another attempt at linking players. Amish suggests a Cojin/Raivann link. I'm not sure I see it. Cojin has not even really been around enough to show linkage to another player. You disagree Amished?

Next meaningful post in my eyes:
Cojin wrote:Although its not direct pressure i still saw it within his posts.
I do have to agree with him a bit here. There was occasional phrases in Arelian's posts that suggest that he was still viewing Raivann with critical eyes, however I would never consider that pressuring, especially since it was interspersed so rarely between comments suggesting that Arelian thinks Raivann pro-town. I would mark this more as a pro-town "I don't fully trust anyone in this game, because I am townie" nod to Arelian, and more of a "you didn't read the game right, because I am scum" to Cojin.

Amished comes back and defends his case. I think there are points that are correct on both sides.

Cojin throws out some WIFOM, and some metagame theory after this. Both of which I do agree are 'meh' at best.

Raeil comes in and replaces after this. I would DESPERATELY like for him to post his current view of the game. I know that we are close to deadline, but it would be benefitical to have some play from everyone before we commit to Cojin.

Quite honestly Cojin probably has the least content here out of everone, and it could be that we have just not got to know his play style enough to know if he is newbie, or scummy. Right now he is in my mind the best lynch at the moment (even over Raivann, concidering how he has handled recent play >.<), however I am not confident that the reason I think this is scumminess and not newbieness. (I don't think that he is a good lynch because of his lack of content, but rather that the content that we do have is fairly scummy for the most part)

As the game stands, I think I have to vote for the person I think most likely to be scum, Cojin. I hope however to get some more content from Raeil the Josh Lyman replacement before anyone lynches anyone (time permitting).
Raeil
Raeil
Townie
Raeil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:31 pm

Post by Raeil »

Sorry for the wait, it took me longer than I thought.

So I mindnumbingly PBP analyzed pages 1-6, then I realized that my mind was made up because I'd re-read pages 9-12 several times before being replaced in.

The following takes up 5 pages and then some in MS word, so be prepared. (Or just scroll down to the bottom where I'll be posting a wrap-up of who I think is scum, who I'll vote for at deadline, and a simpler explanation than reading all these quotes)

RVS - Lasted through post 7...

Post 7
camn wrote:wagon ho!
Analysis - First wagon of game. Could be just RVS, but I have a small amount of suspicion.

Post 8
Ravian wrote:Post reads forced and seems like distancing. How do you respond, Hamburger?
Analysis – This was in response to post 3 (ham's random.org post) You ended RVS and started trying to force ppl to think you were town .

Post 10
Raviann wrote:obvtown
and
Raviann wrote:dead line will approach quickly.
Analysis - Not too important, but no one is obvtown unless cleared by cop or dead. Also, the deadline was three weeks away and you were trying to get the day over with? That's not a very townie thing to do.

Post 13
arelian wrote:If he was scum, I think Hamburger would be taking a huge risk voting for his partner on his very first post.
and
arelian wrote:Raivann's early accusations don't seem too scummy either, I think indecisiveness is a sign of scum in most cases and Raivann sure isn't being indecisive. And I've got to give him props for starting off the discussion almost right away.
Analysis - First part is true, and you are defending, imo, a random vote. Second part, though, you're defending Rai, who attacked someone on page 1 during RVS. Defending an attacker made me think you might both be a scumteam, but since it's page one, I let it slide unless I found better evidence.

Post 17 - Referring to post 13
Raviann wrote:townie post
Analysis - This does not help me think of you and he as "not scumteam."

Post 24
camn wrote:I do it all the time. It is the BEST time to buss your partner, because no one thinks it is off if you suddenly give up on the case, saying "it was totally a random-number" vote!
Analysis - This post told me that you have played as a mafia member before, and also increased my suspicion of you.

Post 29
Cojin wrote:Not at this moment no.
Analysis - This did not help you at all. When asked any question, a satisfactory answer is rarely a single line. With new information, I know you're playing through a cell phone, mostly, but you still have to answer with more than a line for us not to accuse you of being scum.

Post 30
Amished wrote:Back to 6, to justify any vote with something unrelated to the game is outrageous, and a mild scumtell in my eyes. Raivann's continued questioning of hamburger is quite honestly a bunch of BS.
Analysis - Two problems. 1) Post number six says nothing about something unrelated to the game. It's simply Raviann claiming "I'm gonna win a Scummy." 2) At post 30, the only question Raviann had asked of hamburger was "How do you plea to these charges, Hamburger?" This is not "continued questioning" and to have two factual errors when attempting to show that someone is being scummy is scummy in itself.

Post 31
Raviann wrote:You do know our mayor is dead, right?!
Analysis - By following this with a vote for Cojin, you are overreacting. Should he have said more? Yes. Even with one page, Cojin still had enough to lay out a basic "read" on people. However, you were acting like he had done this during day 2 or something. Scummy, imo.

Post 32
Raviann wrote:If i was scum i would be actively lurking , kinda like what Cojin is doing.
Analysis - WIFOM. I love WIFOM, it's such a fun thing to try and analyze. By directly saying this (after you ended the RVS) it makes me suspicious of you, rather than Cojin.

Post 33
Raviann wrote:Arelian seems most town to me. The more I reread your(Amished) post ,the more it reeks of scum. FoS: Amished
Analysis - Going from my analysis of Post 13, the claim that Arelian seemed most town continues my thoughts that you and him are scumbuddies. Though I did find it curious why you didn't switch your vote to Amished. After all, hamburger was during the RVS, and you had very little to go on for him, but Amished's post "reek"ed of scum. Not switching your vote to someone that reeked of scum seems contradictory, and therefore, scummy.

Post 34
arelian wrote:Raivann's support for me being town is a little unsettling, mainly because I don't feel like I've made a strong enough case for myself yet. Does he know more than he's letting on?

At the same time, I just don't think he's scum. He's been spearheading the assault on people who show even mild scum tells, and he hasn't been afraid to defend himself. He just seems too active- high profile.
Analysis - I'll be honest, this doesn't make my scumteam idea go away or improve it. You both distance yourself from him and defend him at the same time... Oh, your second part has an error though, he's only spearheaded two assaults (hardly praiseworthy) on mild scum tells, when there have been others (he's worked on ham's arguable one, and Amished's, both you and he have had one, as well as a couple of lurkers)

Post 48 (in response to camn questioning SR's OMGUS vote)
Amished wrote:unconvoluted version: First game for a player: OMGUS as a townie makes slightly more sense than OMGUS as scum. Lack of actual reasoning is disturbing, but we have time to make them contribute.
Analysis - While explaining this makes sense, the fact that you know about it means that you could be scumbuddies with SR and planned for this to happen. It is low probability, but I'd rather have it on the table and it be wrong than it not be on the table and be true.

(nothing on page 3 really caught me as scummy or overly townie)

Post 77
Raivann wrote:Well at least the first part is true, I do believe I am unbelievably townie.
Analysis - While I think this was a bad question (Why do you think you're so damn townie?"), it at least needs an answer or a good reason why the question is horrible and can't be answered.

Post 80
Cojin wrote:Claiming on an L-2 seems kind of fishy to me, and i belive he seems almost to talkitive to be scum, I am suspicious of him, but not enought to risk it much more, i dont think he needs to have the opportunity to be placed at L-1 so Unvote
Analysis - You know what else is fishy? Unvoting at L-2 with very little change in your convictions.

Post 81
arelian wrote:I agree. Scum of course want to make it look like they believe they are town, but the way Raivann is doing it is different. I think he believes that way he has been acting is indicative of town because he knows for a fact he is town. While it may not be obvious to the rest of us, he believes that it should be- in other words, he has nothing to hide. I don't want to place so much trust in him though on the off chance that this is all an act... but really, I do trust him a lot.
Analysis - This is defending... again. But you're doing it too much for me to consider you two a scumteam above 40%. If I had chosen to vote for you before this post, I likely would have unvoted and used FoS.

Post 88
Raivann wrote:I think scum Cojin would stay on my wagon longer, but perhaps that's what he wants me to think.
and
Raivann wrote:Oh, and just in case anybody missed Azhrei's question that I didn't answer, here it is again.
Analysis - Hooray for WIFOM thinking! May the brain destroying competitions begin! The second quote is horrid though. You still didn't answer the question or explain in civil terms what was wrong with it.

Post 89
Azhrei wrote:No, I don't think he is scum, I merely think that his attitude is oh so slightly scummy.
and
Azhrei wrote:the loss of the RVS is a good thing for the town, ergo, lamenting its loss is anti-town.
Analysis - Finally found something slightly scummy from you! The first quote from 89 is the answer to camn's question "Do you think [Raivann] is scum?" This is ever so slightly scummy, because when you vote for someone, the consensus is that you have found them to be scum until someone says something that makes you think they are the scum. I hope that make sense. The second quote makes me sad, though. I believe that RVS provides a chance for familiarity to develop before we go at each other's throats. While you are correct that it is good to move on, the RVS dying in the first page (little to no familiarity) is a bad thing.

Post 100
Raviann wrote:How exactly is not answering this lame question scummy?
Analysis - Well, if you don't answer questions, the town doesn't have as much information, which is scummy. In light of the question itself, though, you need to explain why the person asking it would be scummy or why the question is unfair in CIVIL terms.

Post 101
Azhrei wrote:I know I am a member of the town, but that doesn't exempt me from partaking in scummy actions
Analysis - Since you brought it up, would someone do me a favor and highlight some of Az's scummy actions for me? I've looked but I can't seem to find anything too suspicious. This is the only actual scummy post from you I've seen so far (if my brain is processing properly), and it makes me suspicious.

Post 106
Amished wrote:@Cojin: Why did you feel that L-2 was so dangerous? At that point, the only way Raiv could be hammered is either by a stupid townie quicklynching (bad) or by two scum coming on and quicklynching (which would out them rather obviously). What worries me about your unvote, though, is that you took that as a claim, and unvoted, possibly in the hopes of driving up another town player to force to claim so that you can find a power role.
Analysis - This does not seem scummy to me. I think it's an excellent town move, though it doesn't clear you from my suspicion at all.

Post 107
Cojin wrote:I just think its to early to have him placed where the chance of him being quicklynched can happen. My unvote is to a dwindling suspicion on him aswell, although still very much there.
Analysis - While I believe Cojin was attempting to be pro-town here, the first part of his post prevents me from believing it was a townie post. That fact that quicklynching was mentioned on the first day at L-2 just seems odd... no sane mafia members would attempt a quicklynch on the first day at L-2, that's just ridiculous.

Post 108
arelian wrote:And for what you're saying about Cojin's L-2 unvote, I agree. I got the feeling from it that he was trying to appear more town by not rushing the lynch and waiting for the Raivann vote to gather more steam.
Analysis - The only problem I see with your post is that Cojin couldn't just jump back on this wagon. If he waited for the Raivann vote to gather more steam, then voted Raivann again, I think we'd all lynch Cojin instead of Rai. (so this isn't really a pro/anti-town critique, it's more of a logic critique)

Post 114
arelian wrote:Like, I don't think Raivann is scum because he is acting in such a way that would potentially put him at risk to be lynched. Scum wouldn't do that.
Analysis - This is WIFOM, and I'm more inclined, right now at least, to believe it's WIFOM, rather than WIFOMIFOY, so he's acting very pro-town, but due to early posts I think he's scum.

Post 118
Raivann wrote:Yes, I now believe you and Az are scum.
Analysis – See, I've only found a single reason to think Az is scum. I might not be looking hard enough, but get me proof from before post 118 to support this statement (or don't, but I still don't think Az is scum)

Post 123 – Raivann – Not quoting due to length

Analysis – Don’t… ever… do… this… again. I understood that you were annoyed with the question, but a better way to express your dislike is to give several good reasons why you won’t answer the question. Phrase your answer so it comes across as non-confrontational. It’s much easier than coming up with a fake story that only annoys us as much as the question annoys you.

Post 137 – Amished – too long to quote

Analysis – Nice chain of events. You set up a pretty good connection here, and it seemed to be the same set up I just read in another game. Also, while I'm not above 60% convinced Cojin is mafia, that convenient string of events is just too coincidental for me to see it as purely coincidental...

Post 149
Raivann wrote:First of all Amished is obvscum now.
Analysis - Please see part one of post ten for Analysis, but replace "town" with "scum." Doing this doesn't help you, and makes you seem more scummy...

------------

That ends my individual post analysis. After reading the other pages without post-by-post analysis, I think I'm ready to give my opinions.

[Short Version]

My top 3 votes (in no particular order)

Raviann, Amished, and Cojin

Ravian - While you seem to have become more of a town player during the afternoon of day 1, I'm still remembering all the stuff that happened in the morning that made me very sure you were scum.

Amished - Your impressive case against Raviann/Cojin was great because of a game I watched where a lurker and a really active player were the maf (and it seemed coincidental), but I still have doubts that you're town. (Oh, and I think the idea of you bussing Ravian is plausible)

Cojin - Lurking is bad, even with an excuse. It costs the village discussion, and lurking is considered a scumtell. It's also going to cause me to hammer tomorrow, unless something changes before deadline.

---

For everyone else:

I'm still suspicious of camn and arelien, but not enough for a lynching today. (only a slight scum feel)

camn, you want things too move a little quickly for my taste, which is what initially caused me to be suspicious of Ravian. I'll obviously be analyzing very closely tomorrow.

arelien, I think you might still be scum, but it's nowhere near as strong as pages 2-3. Your posts have gotten more townie, and I'll have to look closely to see if I'm making a mistake.

Scien, from what I gathered, you think very logically, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with tomorrow. I do have a null read on you though.

Azhrei, I have a scary null read on you. I seem to follow everything you've said, but I just can't shake the idea that I might just be being fooled. Still, you're my least-scummy, so we'll see.

ASH, I haven't really looked too deeply into your posts, though you seem to be doing exactly what I'm doing, just focusing on one person at a time... either way, I obviously don't have a feel on you yet. We'll see about tomorrow.

-------------

So if you didn't read it in the short version, I'll hammer Cojin tomorrow before the deadline, to give him a final chance to say anything. If someone else wants to hammer, go ahead, but I'd like to give him as much time as possible.

I will be offline in about 30 minutes, so any questions to me needing to be answered before 6 hours prior to deadline need to be asked in that period.
Raeil
Raeil
Townie
Raeil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:32 pm

Post by Raeil »

oh, and EBWOP

Unvote
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:41 pm

Post by Raivann »

Raeil wrote: Post 123 – Raivann – Not quoting due to length

Analysis – Don’t… ever… do… this… again. I understood that you were annoyed with the question, but a better way to express your dislike is to give several good reasons why you won’t answer the question. Phrase your answer so it comes across as non-confrontational. It’s much easier than coming up with a fake story that only annoys us as much as the question annoys you.
This REALLY makes me want to make up another story.
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:59 pm

Post by camn »

FYI. I am wasted. :)
Raeil wrote:Post 24
camn wrote:I do it all the time. It is the BEST time to buss your partner, because no one thinks it is off if you suddenly give up on the case, saying "it was totally a random-number" vote!
Analysis - This post told me that you have played as a mafia member before, and also increased my suspicion of you.
My friend.. I have played as EVERYTHING before...Scum, town, SK, Vig... every role.
I am only playing a newbie game to give BACK, brother! If that is a scum tell, lynch me NOW!

And analyze away.. I can't IMAGINE I will still be alive tomorrow. If I am, all scum will die :)
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:05 am

Post by Azhrei »

Well then, it's 9 hours to deadline, Raeil has posted, and I'm about to fall asleep. I wont be on again before deadline, so without further ado,
Vote:Cojin
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:42 am

Post by Elmo »

Day 1, Vote Count #13

Cojin (5) <- Scien, Amished, Raivann, camn, Azhrei
Raeil (2) <- arelian, Cojin

Not voting: AShadowedHeart, Raeil.
The
deadline
is Sunday, 7th June 22:00 UTC, which is 6 hours and 15 minutes from this post.
With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

The council is not thrown by events; people of action and resolve, they are used to handling a crisis, and almost immediately decide on a public execution: a fitting end for the common criminal. But who gets the drop? Mild questioning quickly becomes a whirlwind of insults, accusations and rhetoric. People are on edge, since a slip of the tongue might mean the end for them, but one man in particular seems to be coping badly. The shock of being accused leaves him numb and trembling, blood draining from his face, but this makes no impact on the look of grim determination of the men who now escort him to the gallows. A priest has a few quiet words with him, and then a terrible crack is heard as his neck breaks. The peasants of the town cheer uncertainly; the mayor was a popular figure, but they hold the council in lesser esteem.

You head to Cojin's home, and proceed to spend hours ripping the place apart, walls, floorboards, everything. All his private affairs are brought out into the open, every item is scrutinised, every letter opened, every record checked. By the time the sunlight begins to fade, the place is unfit to lodge even rats, and you know more about the man than any living soul ever has.

And you find nothing. Not a trace of any mafia involvement. Certainly the man had a few skeletons in the closet, but who in a position of influence here doesn't? And increasingly it dawns on you, for all his faults, he was not a murderer. Now you can only hope to accomplish the dying wish of
two
men, by finding the real killers. Dejected, the remaining councillors head home. But two are secretly elated, for the mafia have come one step closer to gaining a majority vote on the council, and now night falls...

Cojin
Vanilla Townie
, has been lynched!

Night 1 falls. Day 2 will dawn at Wednesday 10th June, 22:00 UTC, which is 3 days, 7 hours and 18 minutes from this post.
Any night actions are due before then; if you don't get it in, I'll randomly make one for you. Mafia may now talk.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by Elmo »

After an uncomfortable night's sleep, the council meets again. One member is late, though - you all visit Raeil's house, ready to scold him for being late to such an important meeting. Unfortunately he won't be joining you again; you find him dead in his bed, his throat slit as he lay sleeping. It seems the mafia have moved to take direct action against the council. Determined to stem the flow of spilled blood, you set about the task of defending your town once more.

Raeil
Vanilla Townie
, has been killed!

Day 2 dawns. The
deadline
is Wednesday, 1st July 20:00 UTC, which is 20 days, 20 hours and 49 minutes from this post.
With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch. Mafia may no longer talk.

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:32 pm

Post by camn »

# arelian
# AShadowedHeart
# Scien

So, I am pretty convinced the scum HAVE to be in these three.
If we could have just lurker-lynched yesterday, we would have had good odds!
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by Raivann »

We're lynching Amished today

Vote:Amished
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:46 pm

Post by Amished »

I'm glad you're so open to options, Raiv... Care to put out a reason why or are you just going to continue to be unhelpful?

@Camn: A lurker lynch would've told us just as much, but probably less than a Cojin lynch. Out of those three, I don't know why but I got a weird vibe the first time I read Scien's posts, namely right around 223-224. Right now it's just a gut read, but I'll want to reread him as one of my top priorities.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:01 pm

Post by Scien »

I guess I'll start by asking Raeil's chief suspects for some of their thoughts on the day one and night one kills? Raivann and Amished?

Raivan. Do you believe that anything in day one's kill, or night one's kill adds to your suspicions on Amished? Or is your views a few posts above just fully carry over from yesterday? Meh if its carry over, we have a bit more info now and should be trying to analyze it.
Camn wrote:If we could have just lurker-lynched yesterday, we would have had good odds!
Disagree. Voting people with content is always more informative. Cojin was probably not the best choice, but better than a full all out lurker. And we had the deadline constraint further hindering us.
Amished wrote: Out of those three, I don't know why but I got a weird vibe the first time I read Scien's posts, namely right around 223-224.
Eh? The posts were I was catching up and dumping my views as I was reading? Ok, I don't really know what I can say about those. Hard to really answer your concerns if it is just 'gut'. Out of all my actions so far, why are the ones where I have not fully caught up with the game the most suspicious in your eyes?
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by Amished »

Oh, now I see what I saw that made me do a double take when reading Scien's posts:
Scien wrote:My thoughts on page 1 -
Hamburger's (mine I guess) random vote. I hate random roll votes with a passion. They are a tool for scum to hide behind. I can think of only one reason for a townie to use it, as I have seen it used this way in one of my past games. That reason is to intentionally look scummy in order to draw out the real scum. A risky manuver at best. That being said, now that I am in Hamburger's shoes and have inside information about his alignment, I have honestly no idea what the motives were behind this random vote. Apparently he is protown, however he doesn't seem to have been using the random vote as a scum hunting tool. I don't know what Hamburger was thinking.

Raivann's vote on a Hamburger(me) and Amished team. While I think I would have done the same thing in his shoes (minus the claim that Amished is scum as well) I find it odd that he doesn't explain this as he votes. He votes initially, then over the next 3 posts slowly explains his reasoning. Claiming the random roll is scummy (agree), and that Amished is most likely on a scum team with me the random voter (disagree), and the random roll sounded forced. I've already said why I agree that a random roll is a scum tell, but I don't agree that you can use the claimed result as a clue that that target is scum as well. Seems too far fetched. Yes it is possible for scum to use the random vote to bus. But I don't think the desire would be high enough yet to use such a risky manuver. Also, all RVS votes sound forced. They are all forced, there is no information to go off of yet.
I've replaced into a game as scum (and town, and doc, for that matter), but only as scum have I said that my predecessor's actions were scummy. I tried to pass it off as newbie or whatever (much like Scien did) and just play on and be informative while still being "safe" in my analysis. There was just too much of what I did as scum that lined up with what Scien is doing for my taste.

Hey, perfect, caught a crosspost and answered it already.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
arelian
arelian
Goon
arelian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:18 pm

Post by arelian »

Alright, with Cojin flipping town, let's see what we can make of this new information.
(This is going to start off with a lot of IIoA but I'll make it into some analysis, I promise)

List of people who were suspicious of Cojin:

Me
: I thought Cojin was scummy for most of day 1. Cojin posted short posts, had a lack of suspicion early on, had the unvote from Raivann's train, and eventually the statement about me putting pressure on Raivann.

Raivann
: Voted for him in the beginning for a lack of opinion, then believed Cojin to be town after Cojin's unvote from Raivann's train. Eventually jumped back on Cojin after Cojin made the statement about me pressuring Raivann.

Amished
: Rereading all of his posts, he seemed to have strong suspicions of Cojin throughout day 1.

camn
: Suspicious of cojin's lurking, states she has a null read on him, then thinks he is a little scummy due to his short posts. Tells amished she agrees with a Cojin lynch.

Scien
: Places cojin at number 3 on his list, then pressures him to speak. Doesn't really give too much reasoning but says Cojin would be a good day 1 lynch, doesn't know if it's scumminess or newbieness.

ASH
: Places Cojin at number 1 on her list, gives some brief statements analyzing his posts for scum tells.

Azhrei
: Never really says he's suspicious for sure of Cojin, just says he wouldn't mind his lynch and is willing to hammer him at the end.

Raeil
: Mostly suspicious because of the lurking.

So, that's pretty unanimous. It seemed like everyone was suspicious of Cojin at some point for various reasons. Which means, of course, that two of us are lying.

Cojin's suspicions:

1. Raivann
2. Hamburger (scien)
3. Josh (Raeil)

Then later on says camn.

From all of the above information alone, here's what I view of people's alignments:

Amished
- Townish (He was very suspicious of Cojin all of day 1. He didn't jump on the bandwagon, he never really swayed from him. He was wrong in the end, but I feel like he was very pro-town in suspecting him)

Azhrei
- Scummish (Hammered Cojin despite his lack of suspicion towards him)

camn
- Scummish (back and forth on Cojin, seemed to hop on the bandwagon)

Scien/ASH
- Townish/ Neutral

Raivann
- Neutral (back and forth on Cojin as well, but less of a hopping on the bandwagon feel)

Alright, so that's all of the Cojin information I could gather. Now, for the Raeil nightkill, I can only assume it was done so we could gain as little information as possible. Raeil had only just replaced into the game, and we didn't have a lot of time to analyze him.

Raeil's suspicions:

Raivann, Amished, and Cojin.

Can't really take a whole lot out of this, since it's mostly WIFOM. I would be willing to bet, however, that a scum name is not on this list. A Raeil kill would benefit these three people because it would take out someone who is suspicious of them, but with Cojin dead, Amished under suspicion of Raivann, and Raivann under suspicion by several people, it wouldn't make sense for Raeil to be the target if getting rid of suspicion was the motive.

So, overall, from the nightkill and lynch, I feel like Amished has been cleared a bit, camn and azhrei have gotten a bit more suspicious, and Raivann too maybe has gotten a bit more suspicious, but not as much as azhrei and camn.

Finally, a question to camn: What increased your suspicions of me since yesterday?
5% of the world's population causes 95% of the world's problems.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:25 pm

Post by camn »

Process of elimination.

Plus, dead townies suspect lists mean little.
they are just as clueless as us!
AShadowedHeart
AShadowedHeart
Townie
AShadowedHeart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:31 pm

Post by AShadowedHeart »

Raivann wrote:We're lynching Amished today

Vote:Amished
Isn't it a little early to vote in lylo? Shouldn't you at least ask some questions first? Post more at about 11 GMT.
...Sure you were..........................
AShadowedHeart
AShadowedHeart
Townie
AShadowedHeart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:58 am

Post by AShadowedHeart »

Sorry for being so late posting :oops: but I had neglected to complete an assignment.
The problems with analysing suspect lists from dead townies are:
WIFOM-the scum might have killed them because they suspected them, the scum might have killed them because they didn't suspect them, so that it cast suspicion on someone who they did suspect, it's even possible the scum picked completely randomly so that you can't possibly link them to it or for personal reasons.- Just don't try to guess why the scum killed who they did it is highly unlikely to get you anywhere and could point you in the wrong direction.
They are just townies- They don't know everything, they probably don't know who the scum are for certain.
This being said, they are not completely useless:
They were written by townies- they are pro-town, they want the town to win, therefore they are genuinely trying to find scum, they aren't trying to cast suspicion on innocent players.- They might not always be correct, and I would suggest looking more at their reasoning for finding particular players scummy and their interaction with other players than their actual suspect lists but they can be incredibly useful.
Camn, why do you think they are completely useless, I understand that they have flaws but if posts like these were completely useless then no one would post them in the first place and when you know the alignment of the person who wrote them, I think their posts become more useful not less?
...Sure you were..........................

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”