Mini 746: Speed Dating - I've Had The Time Of My Life (Over)

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:44 am

Post by molestargazer »

I'm not scum. I think it's very unlikely that Jahudo or Kmd are scum. If I'm right about that, it's a certainty at least one of the two of you are scum.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by don_johnson »

touche.

vote: kmd

we will have to agree to disagree.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:07 am

Post by Nightfall »

We're just going in circles here...

Vote: Countess & Kmd4390

Reasons:
* In death the Counts role is listed as "????" leaving me to think he could possibly be one of our scum and would likely mean that the Countess is our other scum.
* KMD's ever changing win condition
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:58 am

Post by Jahudo »

Vote: DJ and Nightfall
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:41 am

Post by Nightfall »

O_O

That's a big change from this:
Jahudo wrote:I'm a little concerned with this considering KMD made a deal about what his role PM said day 1 and he forgot it later on. I know its possible that time passed and stuff happened but it seemed like an area he was focusing on at one point. He said this:
KMD post 65 wrote:I have a theory, but it's probably best we stop talking about it.
He said this when he wanted to stop the conversation about win conditions and I'm wondering if you remember your theory KMD?

A Countess/KMD lynch is my top choice now. I still like the chances of Countess being scum and I don't see a DJ-Nightfall pair happening.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Clearly, no one wants to wait for tables to rotate.

Vote Nightfall
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by don_johnson »

and if i were scum with nightfall, it would be in my benefit for the tables to rotate. sorry, but my vote stands.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:19 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Well our mod's not rotating the tables so we might as well just play out the game. I still don't think scum are paired up if we even have 2 scum.

Last we heard Countess wanted to vote for herself and KMD. I want to know if that's true or if she goes after DJ/Nightfall.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:53 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Don, not if you can lynch me with The Countess. Then you'd win.
The Countess
The Countess
Townie
The Countess
Townie
Townie

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:20 am

Post by The Countess »

Nightfall wrote:We're just going in circles here...

Vote: Countess & Kmd4390

Reasons:
* In death the Counts role is listed as "????" leaving me to think he could possibly be one of our scum and would likely mean that the Countess is our other scum.
* KMD's ever changing win condition
Reason 1 is retarded reasoning. Why ? it if it means hes auto scum. Its unknown. For all I know he could be scum but I dont know. I dont represent ???? scum or town, I represent that as I dont know.

Jahudo, your last post is misrepresenting what I said. I did not say I wanted to vote for myself I said if you are going to vote for me Id prefer you do it now as kmd is most likely scum in my opinion. As for DJ and Nightfall, DJ Im currently fine with, Nightfall Im less sure about.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:35 am

Post by Jahudo »

I could have said Countess' preference better but the end result seems to be the same. You said you didn't mind whatever decision was made, since you hadn't been reading as closely as others, but that you thought kmd was scum. And since KMD is paired with you right now it only made sense to me that you would prefer to vote for someone you thought was scum than to save yourself by voting people you were less sure about in DJ and Nightfall.

I guess no one wants to leave the game but at this point trading 1 scum for 1 town is favorable to risking two townies.

Which brings me to the reason (I think) KMD and I put DJ/Nightfall to L-1. The countess didn't hammer so I see no way Countess is scum with KMD. I didn't think they were before, but now I am completely confidant.

And in that vein I don't know what "scum powers" DJ could be warning about so I can't speculate on how we'd lose the game even if we nail scum today. It seems like an argument over nothing. If DJ has any evidence or ideas to a scum power he should probably share it now.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:41 am

Post by don_johnson »

sorry, no evidence, just speculation.

countess: do what you think is best. the only thing i know for sure is that i am not scum. kmd seems to really want this lynch. again, if i were scum with nightfall, it would benefit me for the tables to rotate. my vote stands.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:01 am

Post by Jahudo »

The Countess wrote:As for DJ and Nightfall, DJ Im currently fine with, Nightfall Im less sure about.
So your saying you think DJ is town while Nightfall could be scum? If that's the case what do you think about moles, or do you think one of the is scum but doesn't show it?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Jahudo wrote: Which brings me to the reason (I think) KMD and I put DJ/Nightfall to L-1. The countess didn't hammer so I see no way Countess is scum with KMD. I didn't think they were before, but now I am completely confidant.
Yeah. This means that if The Countess is scum, she is scum with either Don, Nightfall, or The Count.

She is NOT scum with me, Jahudo, or Molest.
The Countess
The Countess
Townie
The Countess
Townie
Townie

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by The Countess »

I believe the two remaining scum are kmd and mole. Mole is mostly elimination (as in im not scum and d.j. is less likely scum than her) I had suspicions earlier on of her. There was what I felt at the time a connection to monkeyman and nothing she did striked me as particularly townie. Kmd is a good player. This whole mix up with roles seems totally wrong, more he's fucked up than made a mistake. KMD doesnt make mistakes like deleting his role PM. He would remember it at the very least. Because of this and as I believe the married couple would be here that discounts Nightfall from my invesatigations. The Count is another possibility but unless he got hitched quickly after the divorce then I doubt he is scum.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:24 pm

Post by Jahudo »

@Countess: What does mole having a connection with monkeyman mean? Monkeyman wasn't scum.

@KMD: Countess can't be scum with DJ because they are both women in this game.

If she was scum with Nightfall she could have hammered and gained townie points but between her and mole the rest of us had been leaning on her, so bussing wouldn't have guaranteed a victory. Her non-hammer gives me alot of pause though. I want to look at some moles posts again.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:07 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Countess, I didn't delete my PM. It sat in my inbox too long and got deleted because my inbox is full.

Jahudo, do the scum
have
to be opposite genders?

The no-hammer is a very strong towntell for The Countess. I don't know who she is (although I have a guess), so I don't know if she'd go for the bussing townie points. I guess it would make sense for scum to do so because the other option would be to lynch herself with me or try to rotate tables.

You know what? I actually think The Countess is probably town. Even if she were scum with The Count, she could have very easily gotten away with voting immediately.

I'm even more happy with a Don/Nightfall lynch now.
The Countess
The Countess
Townie
The Countess
Townie
Townie

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:30 am

Post by The Countess »

Im interested to know who you think I am, obviously wouldnt be able to say whether you were right or not. the problem I have with that reasoning is that it took a lot longer for my inbox to fill and whilst I can see you getting more PM's than me regularly I can also see you deleteing them more regularly.

In regards to scum being opposite genders, I would have automatically assumed they would be married together. However thats speculation on my part, I dont think it says anywhere in the rules that that is the case.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:33 am

Post by Jahudo »

Kmd4390 wrote:Jahudo, do the scum
have
to be opposite genders?
Yes, I am confidant in that. When the mod said this:
It may be, who knows, but if you're into that kind of stuff I suggest you go rounf the corner, the gay village is still open you never know you might get lucky
I took it to mean that this "speed dating club" is for heterosexuals. The "It may be" refers to same sex marriage laws of the fictional town/state/country, but that doesn't answer the laws of the speed dating organization.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:46 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

The Countess wrote:Im interested to know who you think I am
I'll save that for postgame.
The Countess wrote:the problem I have with that reasoning is that it took a lot longer for my inbox to fill and whilst I can see you getting more PM's than me regularly I can also see you deleteing them more regularly.
I'm lazy and rarely delete.
The Countess wrote: In regards to scum being opposite genders, I would have automatically assumed they would be married together. However thats speculation on my part, I dont think it says anywhere in the rules that that is the case.
You think they are swingers? I was assuming they were here behind their spouses' backs which is why we were trying to get rid of them.
Jahudo wrote:
It may be, who knows, but if you're into that kind of stuff I suggest you go rounf the corner, the gay village is still open you never know you might get lucky
I took it to mean that this "speed dating club" is for heterosexuals. The "It may be" refers to same sex marriage laws of the fictional town/state/country, but that doesn't answer the laws of the speed dating organization.
Same sex marriage isn't what I was thinking. I was thinking what I said above. People are here cheating on their spouses.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:37 am

Post by Jahudo »

Oh i see. You think there could be scum-female from marriage A and scum-female from marriage B, or scum-male from A and scum-male from B.

In that case I don't know how they could know each others identity and we really wouldn't be playing mafia :/
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:41 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Jahudo wrote:Oh i see. You think there could be scum-female from marriage A and scum-female from marriage B, or scum-male from A and scum-male from B.

In that case I don't know how they could know each others identity and we really wouldn't be playing mafia :/
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

Fair point. The only way is if they came in together, and if that's the case, why not leave together? The only role that had that condition was DGB. And that's obviously jester, not scum. So you're probably right then.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Nightfall »

Jahudo wrote:Oh i see. You think there could be scum-female from marriage A and scum-female from marriage B, or scum-male from A and scum-male from B.

How do you figure? :?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:07 am

Post by Jahudo »

Nightfall wrote:How do you figure?
I guess they could be friends/co-workers/neighbors that are married to people not in the game. But if that is the case, why would they be working together as a team?
Kmd4390 wrote:The only way is if they came in together, and if that's the case, why not leave together? The only role that had that condition was DGB. And that's obviously jester, not scum. So you're probably right then.
Do we know that the scum win condition is to commit adultery? It makes sense in mafia terms that we're trying to lynch them any way we can (one at a time or both now) but if our win condition says we want the scum to leave, wouldn't that mean we also win if they committed adultery but not with us (for those people that lose if they go with scum)?

So what is the scum win condition if we want them to leave?

These are actually questions I don't think we can answer and aren't very interesting. This setup is bizarre and I'm ready to finish the game and see what happens.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:37 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Well, we want them to leave because we are bachelors (spelling?) who are trying to hook up with chicks. We don't want married people ruining this. But if some of us can leave with scum, I guess not all of us care. Some of us just want to get some. But that doesn't make sense why they have to leave then.

Normal scum win condition is to outnumber the town. But why do married people who are at a thing like this want to outnumber the single people? They don't. They want to take someone home. So it would make sense for the scum to all be jesters. Based on everyone's actions, this isn't the case.

Fuck it. Let's just scumhunt and lynch who we think is scum like we were doing. I think that's Don and Nightfall.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”