lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:22 am

Post by lobstermania »

duckduck96 wrote:Ok, I give up. If anyone else can explain to me if what this guy is saying has any meaning, be my guest.
I think he's a mafia-magic-eight-ball. Remember? You ask it a question, flip it over, and a semi-related response floats up (provided you phrased the question correctly).
Empking wrote:
lobstermania wrote:Empking is right, it's not a 50% chance that he is scum, it's 75%. If we believe melikefood and agree that Empking nk'd zwetschen, then he could either be one of the three scum, or a vig. But actually, in addition, there's the chance that he built the taser and is both scum
and
vig.
Hmm....
Does that actually make sense to you?
Yes, it does. Does it make sense to you?
You are being accused of nk'ing zwetschen. Granted, we don't know if it was a mafia kill or a vig kill. But it is more likely that you would be scum since there are three of them and only one vig.

Vote Count:

AceMarksman (1) - Lobstermania
Beyond_Birthday (0) -
Darox (1) - Empking
Duckduck96 (0) -
Empking (4) - Melikefood, Darox, AceMarksman, Duckduck96
Lobstermania (0) -
Melikefood (1) - Empking
Semioldguy (0) -
Zazier (0) -
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:44 am

Post by semioldguy »

As far as math is concerned, I see the 50% argument. There were only two night kills. If scum only get one night kill, then two of the scum opened boxes and were doing other things that weren't using a tazer last night.

Empking's rolefish makes sense if he was the vig, because he isn't rolefishing for town, he is rolefishing for scum, as any player who would have claimed to make the other night kill would be confirmed scum to Empking. I believe his claim so far and those getting on him for it look suspicious to me. He is claiming vig for last night, and hasn't been counter claimed. What reasons do you have to think that he was the mafia instead of the vigilante? You have also failed to ask as of yet the most obvious question:

Empking, why did you choose Zwetschenwasser for your night kill?
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:08 pm

Post by Empking »

I thought I'd be an immobilizer so I thought that targetting Zwet wouldn't hurt.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:52 pm

Post by semioldguy »

If someone hammers Empking before we can verify the possibility for a counter-claim, that person is scum if Empking flips town.

The only way Empking can be scum is if someone vig-killed Tarhalindur. The person who killed Tarhalindur should claim if this is the case. If the person who killed Tarhalindur does not come forward, then Empking is confirmed town as far as I am concerned. A pro-town vig-claim coming forward guarantees that we catch scum either today or tomorrow, and we don't lose anything special as all townies have the same number of boxes remaining that none of us know the contents of.

People who did not vigilante-kill Tarhalinur:
AceMarksman (claims to have been a tracker)
Empking (claims to have vig-killed Zwet)
melikefood (claims to have been a tracker)
Lobstermania (claims to have been a watcher or tracker? I have an issue with his claim I'll bring up in a moment)

I did not kill Tarhalindur, and I am claiming in my next post.

Beyond_Birthday, Darox, duckduck96 and ZazieR. In your next post please claim whether or not you killed Tarhalindur.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:57 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Last night I opened and made a Terminal. I chose AceMarksman to investigate and got a result of innocent. I chose him because he was my top suspect on the first day after Mastin.

AceMarksman can only be scum if I am scum.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:05 pm

Post by semioldguy »

@Lobstermania

I have a problem with your claim that I just noticed. You claimed to have made a Spybot. The result you shared was the result from a Sentry. You are either wrong about your result, or you are wrong about the invention you made. Please clarify your claim in your next post.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:21 am

Post by Darox »

semioldguy wrote:Empking's rolefish makes sense if he was the vig, because he isn't rolefishing for town, he is rolefishing for scum, as any player who would have claimed to make the other night kill would be confirmed scum to Empking. I believe his claim so far and those getting on him for it look suspicious to me. He is claiming vig for last night, and hasn't been counter claimed. What reasons do you have to think that he was the mafia instead of the vigilante? You have also failed to ask as of yet the most obvious question:
This works just as well if you swap vig for scum and town for antitown. So, wrong.
semioldguy wrote:If someone hammers Empking before we can verify the possibility for a counter-claim, that person is scum if Empking flips town.
Wrong.
semioldguy wrote:The only way Empking can be scum is if someone vig-killed Tarhalindur. The person who killed Tarhalindur should claim if this is the case. If the person who killed Tarhalindur does not come forward, then Empking is confirmed town as far as I am concerned. A pro-town vig-claim coming forward guarantees that we catch scum either today or tomorrow, and we don't lose anything special as all townies have the same number of boxes remaining that none of us know the contents of.
Again, wrong. Very, very wrong.
semioldguy wrote:Last night I opened and made a Terminal. I chose AceMarksman to investigate and got a result of innocent. I chose him because he was my top suspect on the first day after Mastin.

Oh hell no. Definitely wrong.

Trying to create binary situations when they don't exist? Completely wrong.

Please explain to me why you think setting up several lynches based on inconclusive information is a good idea.

Unvote, Vote: Semioldguy
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:10 am

Post by Empking »

Darox wrote:
semioldguy wrote:Empking's rolefish makes sense if he was the vig, because he isn't rolefishing for town, he is rolefishing for scum, as any player who would have claimed to make the other night kill would be confirmed scum to Empking. I believe his claim so far and those getting on him for it look suspicious to me. He is claiming vig for last night, and hasn't been counter claimed. What reasons do you have to think that he was the mafia instead of the vigilante? You have also failed to ask as of yet the most obvious question:
This works just as well if you swap vig for scum and town for antitown. So, wrong.
Do you agree that Me using it the other way round as an argument is also wrong?
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:27 am

Post by lobstermania »

semioldguy wrote:@Lobstermania

I have a problem with your claim that I just noticed. You claimed to have made a Spybot. The result you shared was the result from a Sentry. You are either wrong about your result, or you are wrong about the invention you made. Please clarify your claim in your next post.
I apologize for the confusion. I built a Sentry, but got confused with my results not knowing the difference between a watcher and a tracker. I emailed the mod several times to clear up my misconception, but I have made sentry/spybot, watcher/tracker typos. Sorry.

Also, I don't understand this:
Empking wrote:I thought I'd be an immobilizer so I thought that targetting Zwet wouldn't hurt.
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:35 am

Post by Empking's Alt »

I don't think Zwet scum hunts so I thought that immobolizing him wouldn't hurt.
AdjectivePick needs
replacements.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am

Post by semioldguy »

Darox wrote:
semioldguy wrote:The only way Empking can be scum is if someone vig-killed Tarhalindur. The person who killed Tarhalindur should claim if this is the case. If the person who killed Tarhalindur does not come forward, then Empking is confirmed town as far as I am concerned. A pro-town vig-claim coming forward guarantees that we catch scum either today or tomorrow, and we don't lose anything special as all townies have the same number of boxes remaining that none of us know the contents of.
Again, wrong. Very, very wrong.
Are you suggesting that scum this game have multiple night kills? If not then explain to me how the other night killer coming forward makes it so we don't have a guaranteed scum between two people.
Darox wrote:
semioldguy wrote:Last night I opened and made a Terminal. I chose AceMarksman to investigate and got a result of innocent. I chose him because he was my top suspect on the first day after Mastin.

Oh hell no. Definitely wrong.
Explain tome how AceMarksman can be scum if I am town claiming to have investigated him with a result of innocent.
Darox wrote:Please explain to me why you think setting up several lynches based on inconclusive information is a good idea.
How am I setting up several lynches?
duckduck96
duckduck96
Goon
duckduck96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:31 am

Post by duckduck96 »

I didn't kill Tar.
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:13 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

Vote Lobstermania

Guys, all I know is I got some sweet office bling on right now.

And that Lobster is flipping too much on his claim. Watcher/tracker, what?

No, I don't believe you. I believe Emp though.

I disagree with Darox's points on Semioldguy. While, yes, some of those are faults, I think the statement about Tar's death is good. If scum claim vig on Tar, we lynch him. It is not the best, but in a game where we can, more than likely win if scum don't stay well hidden... no, I think we should attack the mafia head on here. And if there is no other claim, Emp is cleared (as mafia. He could be serial killer.)
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:41 pm

Post by Empking »

Beyond_Birthday wrote:
Vote Lobstermania

Guys, all I know is I got some sweet office bling on right now.

And that Lobster is flipping too much on his claim. Watcher/tracker, what?

No, I don't believe you. I believe Emp though.

I disagree with Darox's points on Semioldguy. While, yes, some of those are faults, I think the statement about Tar's death is good. If scum claim vig on Tar, we lynch him. It is not the best, but in a game where we can, more than likely win if scum don't stay well hidden... no, I think we should attack the mafia head on here. And if there is no other claim, Emp is cleared (as mafia. He could be serial killer.)
Didn't the beggining fluff say that there were only three scum?
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:50 pm

Post by semioldguy »

The town wins when all the cheaters are dead and there are three cheaters according to the opening posts. I don't think this is a bastard-mod setup, so I'd assume we don't have any third parties.
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:05 am

Post by lobstermania »

Beyond_Birthday wrote:
f there is no other claim, Emp is cleared (as mafia. He could be serial killer.)
This is false.
The scum are allowed to build devices at night, too. Emp is just as likely as to have built the taser as scum or as town. Zwetschen could have nk'd Tar and we have no way of knowing. We have a confirmed report of Emp killing Zewt.
Unless anyone has additional information I don't think Emp will ever get cleared, he will just become less scummy than others.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:57 am

Post by semioldguy »

Thought it is true that a Zwet-kill on Tarhalindur is a possibility, I think it is very unlikely. Zwetschenwasser was suspicious of several people yesterday, but I don't recall Tarhalindur being one of them.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Mod: Can we get a prod on ZazieR?

She's made one post in the past four weeks in this game.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:33 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Here, and as already said in other games, I''m getting all of my games updated. So I should have something up today or tomorrow.
Ignore the ''R''
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:58 am

Post by melikefood »

Empking wrote:So Me, you work at that I'm the vig (Zwet was killed second) and think I'm fishing for the vig?

Not buying it.

Vote: Melike
No, I'm accusing you as fishing for a vig as scum.
Beyond_Birthday wrote: No, I don't believe you. I believe Emp though.
Who is this directed at?
duckduck96
duckduck96
Goon
duckduck96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:14 am

Post by duckduck96 »

I think Lobster.
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

semioldguy wrote:The town wins when all the cheaters are dead and there are three cheaters according to the opening posts. I don't think this is a bastard-mod setup, so I'd assume we don't have any third parties.
Oh, in THAT case, emp is completely cleared (I think).
lobstermania wrote:
Beyond_Birthday wrote:
f there is no other claim, Emp is cleared (as mafia. He could be serial killer.)
This is false.
The scum are allowed to build devices at night, too. Emp is just as likely as to have built the taser as scum or as town. Zwetschen could have nk'd Tar and we have no way of knowing. We have a confirmed report of Emp killing Zewt.
Unless anyone has additional information I don't think Emp will ever get cleared, he will just become less scummy than others.
With threat of a counterclaim, Mafia/cheaters would never be the *first* to claim without pressure. Not even emp. Especially when he can be lynched later. Also, since you look scummy right now, your attack on emp makes me feel more certain he's town.

Melikefood: The duck is correct. I don't believe Lobster. I believe emp though.
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
duckduck96
duckduck96
Goon
duckduck96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by duckduck96 »

No, I meant that you were saying that you didn't believe lobster.
duckduck96
duckduck96
Goon
duckduck96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by duckduck96 »

Oh, whoops, I thought you said I was incorrect.
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:13 am

Post by lobstermania »

semioldguy wrote:Thought it is true that a Zwet-kill on Tarhalindur is a possibility, I think it is very unlikely. Zwetschenwasser was suspicious of several people yesterday, but I don't recall Tarhalindur being one of them.
True. I looked into myself after I posted it. I guess that clears up another loophole in Emp being town.

My next concern is Melikefood's #607 post where he claims his night action. It wasn't until he got stuck in his argument about box color providing no information that he decided to share his night results. MLF probably had the most informative night action! Why did he wait until trying to prove an unrelated point to share it? It doesn't make sense to me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”