Mini 746: Speed Dating - I've Had The Time Of My Life (Over)

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:11 am

Post by molestargazer »

I'm not all that confident in Jahudo's scuminess. As such, I'm willing to take a gamble.

The rest of you alive are pretty confident players, and I'm hoping you guys can root out the final scum so I can win. With us 2 down, it'll be down to 3 townies and 1 scum - and I think those chances are pretty damn good.
I just urge that if we come up town, you listen to what we had to say.

If Jahudo's scum, I'll lose. But... I'm going to die anyway. There's a chance I can still win without having to scrap through the rest of today and end up dying anyway.

I won't hammer now. I'd like to see some reactions to this so you have more to go off when I do.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by Nightfall »

molestargazer wrote: If Jahudo's scum, I'll lose. But... I'm going to die anyway. There's a chance I can still win without having to scrap through the rest of today and end up dying anyway.
Could you rephrase that?

And Mole, if you were to flip town who would you want us to look at in your absence?
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Nightfall wrote:
molestargazer wrote: If Jahudo's scum, I'll lose. But... I'm going to die anyway. There's a chance I can still win without having to scrap through the rest of today and end up dying anyway.
Could you rephrase that?
^This.

I'm not sure I follow you.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by Jahudo »

It's clear to me that Countess can only be scum with Nightfall, and even that I don't believe anymore. So I have a hard time understanding where mole is still confident about Countess being scum. She didn't hammer, so she can't be scum right?

And KMD can't be scum unless he knew double voting wouldn't count. He thought I had hammered and won the game, so if he was scum why say that to someone that couldn't be pinned as scum with him?

So the way I see it is this:

Countess could be scum with Nightfall
mole could be scum with Nightfall or Jahudo
DJ could be scum with Nightfall or Jahudo

I don't see how scum-Jahudo would have any chance of winning at this stage. If I were to flip scum and you knock out either mole or DJ today, you either win the game now or win tomorrow because I can't be scum with Countess.

And I'm not trying to WIFOM you out here because even if scum-Jahudo were to trick you into lynching 2 townies today, scum-Jahudo would still have a game tomorrow because of the page 1 ruleset:
6 - A lynch requires a 50%+1 (Rounded down) majority vote. A no-lynch requires 50% (Rounded up) of the votes currently in play. If a deadline is reached, no lynch is achieved.
So if we still have 2 scum tomorrow they can't win the game until they make 1 townie pick incorrectly.

So how about it? Lynch Nightfall first DJ (because he can go home with scum)? You have nothing to lose here by doing this.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by Jahudo »

EBWOP: Lynch Nightfall first with DJ
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:09 am

Post by don_johnson »

so are you claiming scum?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:28 am

Post by molestargazer »

Nightfall wrote:
Could you rephrase that?

And Mole, if you were to flip town who would you want us to look at in your absence?
My win condition states that if I leave with someone who's scum, I'll lose.

However, I know my claim is in doubt, and I know there's a lot of people who think I'm scum. So if I survive today, the chances of the town hitting scum tomorrow lessen if you go for me.

I'm honestly not sure anymore about who to look at. I'm fairly confident about don_johnson and kmd being pro-town. Less so about the Countess and Nightfall.
Since there's sincere belief in the Countess' pro-townieness (I'm still worried about this whole game being occam's razor), I'll say look at nightfall tomorrow.
Jahudo wrote:So how about it? Lynch Nightfall first DJ (because he can go home with scum)? You have nothing to lose here by doing this.
Doing this, there's still a chance of someone framing myself or you as scum and them walking away. If you're scum, the town win, but I lose. I can live with that.

Is Jahudo at L-1 right now?
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:34 am

Post by Jahudo »

Yes, we're at L-1.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:01 am

Post by Nightfall »

Jahudo wrote: And I'm not trying to WIFOM you out here because even if scum-Jahudo were to trick you into lynching 2 townies today, scum-Jahudo would still have a game tomorrow because of the page 1 ruleset:
6 - A lynch requires a 50%+1 (Rounded down) majority vote. A no-lynch requires 50% (Rounded up) of the votes currently in play. If a deadline is reached, no lynch is achieved.
So if we still have 2 scum tomorrow they can't win the game until they make 1 townie pick incorrectly.
quote]

A lynch requires majority vote yes, but unless you know something here that I don't scum usually only have to diminish the towns numbers to even strength with their own. Meaning that in a 2 scum and 2 townie situation, scum would get the victory.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:01 am

Post by Nightfall »

EBWOP
Jahudo wrote: And I'm not trying to WIFOM you out here because even if scum-Jahudo were to trick you into lynching 2 townies today, scum-Jahudo would still have a game tomorrow because of the page 1 ruleset:
quote]

A lynch requires majority vote yes, but unless you know something here that I don't scum usually only have to diminish the towns numbers to even strength with their own. Meaning that in a 2 scum and 2 townie situation, scum would get the victory.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:03 am

Post by Nightfall »

EBWOP ... One final time...
[/quote]

Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:05 am

Post by Jahudo »

Your right actually. My scenario doesn't account for how the 2 town can break the tie so unless there's a deadline lynch we should assume 1 scum has to be gone by the end of today.

I'm back to being fine with a mole lynch.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:01 am

Post by molestargazer »

If you're fine with my lynch, I'm fine with yours. Let's narrow it down.

Who knows, if I'm unlucky, you're scum.

Unvote
(If I'm voting)
Vote: Jahudo

Best of luck town.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:08 am

Post by Jahudo »

I'm town. Let's hope that count was scum.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:09 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I asked the Mod about a 2 town, 2 scum endgame because I thought it would end as "happily ever after" because scum can't mislynch without a townie vote and town can't lynch scum, so town voting would be dumb. All we could do is No Lynch. Apparently, scum have some kind of ability that would win the game. I think Don knew that:
don_johnson wrote: as i have said: we have no idea what scum abilities lie in wait(if any). so trusting you is not my preferred option.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:17 am

Post by Max »

Jahudo (4): Kmd4390, Don_Johnson, Nightfall, molestargazer
Nightfall (1): Jahudo
Not Voting (1): The Countess

So... both of the players were town giving the victory to scum...

Role PMs

zwet wrote:Miss. Johnstone

Unfortunately for you, but fortunately for the rest of us you have ridiculously large breasts, put it this way, you want to find true love and you don't want to be cheated on, so you want to make sure that there are no people with dishonourable intentions remaining by the end of the game.

You win if all of the married leave, and not with you.
The Count - played by Houseofcards then Atticus.Finch wrote:You are
The Count
you have a secretive aura surrounding you and you don't want to let it down. You love the Countess but because of your recent split up you refuse to talk, because of this you two will not be paired up at the same table. You want a replacement wife and because you had nowhere to go to get a new suit than the masquerade gown parlour you have to come in that. On the bright side all night actions against you fail.

You do not post in this account you must post in the following one, please do not change the details etc. in case you need to be replaced. I will prod your main account.

Username: The Count
Password: remember you
Kmd4390 wrote:
DCI Dixon

You are a police officer, you hear that women like a man in uniform, so you are wearing your police uniform, women are so infatuated in you that you have begun to "arrest" women and make sure they take advantage of their "right to remain silent" Wink ... You're not married and have no intention of ever getting married. But you think it's disgusting married people are here.

You win if all married people leave.
Jebus replaced by Jahudo wrote:
Rev. Green

You are one of those people who enjoys cluedo so much they named themselves after it. Or you just so happened to be called Mr. Green before you became a Reverend, you are an incredibly religious person who feels that he needs to enlighten the world about God's teachings, you also happen to want a wife, but no adultery.

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Mr. Grey

You're old, older than you used to be anyway, so what are you going to do? Become some playboy with a nice attractive wife. Except you realise now that your "action" isn't as good as it used to be so, if the time comes you will flash to a female scaring them from the game, you will also get kicked out.

In short you are a suicide vig. You can only flash to females.

You win if only unmarried people remain, preferably with you finding an attractive wife.
Nightfall wrote:
Mr. E Ville

You are the unfortunately named husband of Mrs. E Ville you have known for some time that she has her "bit on the side" so you want yours. You and roffman (Mrs. K Nive), the French man, have known each other for some time and you are making sure that you are the last people remaining.

You win if you have control of the dating. (I.e. you control 50% of the town)

You can talk with your partner at any time (both dating and scum buddy)
EGL wrote:You are Dr. Frederick PhD

As you may have guessed your wonderful Oxford doctorate gets you far with the ladies, unfortunately you have a slight phobia of them, oh well, luckily for you some strange man told you the secret to getting laid, "Go Speed Dating", not wanting to deny a dying man of his wish you told him "On Valentines Day". He then had a heart attack and died.

But really none of that is relevant, you want married people away, so you can woo the ladies with your incredible knowledge of whatever subject you have a doctorate in.
You do not post in this account you must post in the following one, please do not change the details etc. in case you need to be replaced. I will prod this account.
The Countess - Played by Duexieme Octopus then Prochaz wrote:Username: The Countess
Password: remember me

You love the Count but because of your recent split up you refuse to talk, because of this you two will not be paired up at the same table. You want a replacement husband and because you had nowhere to go to get a new dress than the masquerade gown parlour you have to come in that. On the bright side all night actions against you fail.

Molestargazer wrote:
Miss. Wright

You are the delectable Miss Wright you know when anyone in the world is lying, so you decide to take advantage of this because of this you can quote any person's post and I will tell you whether this is true or not. This tires you out so you can only do this twice in the whole of the evening, regardless of how long the game lasts.

You win if all of the married leave, and not with you
Caboose wrote:
Madam Mellor

You're a French stripper, that does a little bit on the side. You have decided that after such a long period in the trade you should settle down and get married, but the reason you came to England was to get away from the adultery, so you don't want it here either.

roffman then don_johnson wrote:Mrs. K Nive

You are the unfortunately named wife of Mr. K Nive you have known for some time that he has his "bit on the side" so you want yours, you and Nightfall (Mr. E Ville), the French man, have known each other for some time and you are making sure that you are the last people remaining.

Survive to Endgame with Nightfall
Tritch then BSG then DGB wrote:
Ms. O'Connor

You're a big time business woman, and you want someone wealthy to go home with at night, so who better than the count? You are the popular reader of the feminist magazine Ms. and you've brought a copy along with you.

You win if you leave with "The Count"
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:23 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Kmd4390 wrote:
don_johnson wrote: countess: it seems as though its up to you. kmd seems to be trying to portray our recent actions as though they aren't in fact scum hunting and that we should return to it. This feels like a misdirection to me. i don't see how kmd isn't scum here.
All I'm saying is that everything you are willing to do would give you the win if you are scum with Nightfall. It's a little convenient.

If you guys aren't scum together, I'll take a picture of a sock in my mouth and post it in the "Put a Face With a Name" thread.
<Insert countless hours of profanity here>

I had you pegged until Jahudo made a scummy "hammer" post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:45 am

Post by molestargazer »

Aw, shit.

Sorry guys.

Well played to you two.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:02 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

molestargazer wrote:Aw, shit.

Sorry guys.

Well played to you two.
Don't apologize. I f***'d this one up.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:21 am

Post by Jahudo »

The best play was by DGB.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:36 am

Post by don_johnson »

my apologies for shamelessly lurking through to endgame. honestly, i started reading this game, got to the end of day 1 and thought,

"i don't need to do this. i'm scum."

were nigthfall and i even allowed to talk?

yeah, jahudo's blunder helped us out big time. DGB played perfect, so i guess we are secondary winners.

this was fun either way.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:59 am

Post by Nightfall »

When Don claimed that he could be lynched with married people I thought we were gone :)

It didn't really matter in the end, but I think the lynch on KMD should have gone through...

Good game all :)
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:22 am

Post by Porochaz »

Kmd, Guess right?
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
The Count
The Count
Townie
The Count
Townie
Townie

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:16 pm

Post by The Count »

Hello. good game.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:21 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Porochaz wrote:Kmd, Guess right?
Not at all. Thought you were EK. But the way my gut said you were scummy and I couldn't figure out why is kind of explained by it being you. :lol:

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”