The Werewolves of Millers Hollow (Game Over)

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:58 am

Post by dramonic »

Problem is, this game hasn't been giving me a lot of conclusive stuff <<
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:45 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

dramonic wrote:Problem is, this game hasn't been giving me a lot of conclusive stuff <<
:shock: :shock: :shock:
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:34 am

Post by Jahudo »

zwets, what are you trying to say with those emoticons?

Questions for Dramonic:
1. Why do you think zwetschenwasser is hammering every chance he gets? Is this a good/bad/scummy thing to do?
2. Do you think the Mufasa wagon was scum driven? How so?
3. Do you think the millar wagon was scum driven? How so?
4. Do you think people have to provide good reasons before they vote, or is voting by gut good enough if they eventually provide reasons or unvote? In other words, what's your style; what's it going to take for you to vote?
5. Do you think anyone looks scummier than a lurker at this point? Who?

@Mike: I think day 4 is enough time for people to notice if someone changes their behavior if they think they're being suspected, and by day 4 you could probably look at them now vs. before and see if any moves don't follow from day to day. Unless I guess they just recently replaced in and haven't posted much, but those people should be under pressure to keep active anyway.
MikeSC6
MikeSC6
Goon
MikeSC6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:53 am

Post by MikeSC6 »

@Mike: I think day 4 is enough time for people to notice if someone changes their behavior if they think they're being suspected, and by day 4 you could probably look at them now vs. before and see if any moves don't follow from day to day. Unless I guess they just recently replaced in and haven't posted much, but those people should be under pressure to keep active anyway.
True enough, I guess there's only so long you can wait- it's Battle Mage I've been a bit suspicious of. Mufasa said something on day 2 about Battle Mage changing his behaviour at the end of day 1- at the time I thought it was too early to be able to say that, and definately too early to want to lynch him for it.

But by now, looking back, it's true. Battle Mage secured a townie first impression on day 1 (a day where we ended up lynching a townie, in effect) and has since changed posting style considerably, resting on that first impression. Or that's the impression I get anyway.

And he hasn't posted in over a week. It's bad that replacements haven't been posting, and it's bad that Ztife hasn't done much posting since the very beginning, but this is out of character with Battle Mage. And I can understand replacements not posting in a 50-page game, but not so much someone who has been here from the start. Ztife, I have no idea whether he's townie or not- he seems to post a line or two without saying much relating to the game when prodded but never otherwise.

Vote: Battle Mage
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:43 am

Jahudo, dramonic can't come up with something conclusive after 54 freaking pages?
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:44 am

Er... 52?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:03 am

Post by Jahudo »

BM went from talking alot and being at the forefront of conversations to taking alot less and not being as pro-active. I feel that too but I haven't played with BM before so I don't know if this is normal or which personality is normal?

I know zwets, but he proly hasn't read all those pages :?
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:20 am

Did he say that? NO
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:17 am

Post by Jahudo »

he hasn't said either way. the more he delays the more I want to label him scum
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:54 am

EXACTLY
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:39 am

Post by dramonic »

well, if you checked my last post before that it says reading reading.

It means I'm trying to read read the game.

So once I'm done reading reading, I'll post answers to Jahudo's questions.

Is that fine by you or are you going to try to lynch me before I can do that?

Also, those double reading are intentionnal.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by Jahudo »

yeah, but like if you've read day 1 all the way through, you can talk about that if you've got the time? We don't know where you are in reading reading.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:46 am

Post by Battle Mage »

MikeSC6 wrote:
True enough, I guess there's only so long you can wait- it's Battle Mage I've been a bit suspicious of. Mufasa said something on day 2 about Battle Mage changing his behaviour at the end of day 1- at the time I thought it was too early to be able to say that, and definately too early to want to lynch him for it.

But by now, looking back, it's true. Battle Mage secured a townie first impression on day 1 (a day where we ended up lynching a townie, in effect) and has since changed posting style considerably, resting on that first impression. Or that's the impression I get anyway.

And he hasn't posted in over a week. It's bad that replacements haven't been posting, and it's bad that Ztife hasn't done much posting since the very beginning, but this is out of character with Battle Mage. And I can understand replacements not posting in a 50-page game, but not so much someone who has been here from the start. Ztife, I have no idea whether he's townie or not- he seems to post a line or two without saying much relating to the game when prodded but never otherwise.

Vote: Battle Mage
Lol, you realise i requested replacement about 20 pages ago. I cant quite believe im still listed as being in the game tbh. I've got a bit of time now, so if youve got something specific to ask, shoot.

Your post seems a bit reachy. I mean, can you really criticise someone for not posting, when you aren't even reading? lmao

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:48 am

Post by Battle Mage »

MikeSC6 wrote:
MikeSC6, who is your top suspect at the moment and why are you not voting?
I do have a suspect, though it's mostly a gut based thing- the case I have is so slight, though, that I'm hesitant to post it up in case it makes that person change their behaviour or avoid making any scummy moves that they might. It's not enough to warrant a vote, I don't think, but if I had to choose right now I would lynch this person. I have expressed some suspicion about this person in the past.

If people want a name and identification of what I feel might be scummy behaviour, I'll post it up, though I'd rather wait and see for a while. And I wouldn't want to divert attention from the discussion about me not justifying my change of opinion about Dr Pepper- i want to get that over with, if there are any questions I'm still open.
lmao, this must be the prelude.

Well, i hate to ruin the ending for you, but Zwet is the play. String him up, doc!

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

MikeSC6
MikeSC6
Goon
MikeSC6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:13 am

Post by MikeSC6 »

Zwet is the play?

You may have asked to be replaced a while ago, but you then continued to post. I'd imagined that whatever the reason for your requesting replacement wasn't a problem any longer, because you continued to play the game. And the change in posting style comes before your requesting to be replaced.

Those last two posts, for example, are very different to your posting style early on. That leads me to believe that your townie-first-impression posting style early on was an act.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:30 am

Post by Gorrad »

Why is Zwet the play? Purely by virtue of being Zwet?
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:08 am

Post by Battle Mage »

MikeSC6 wrote:Zwet is the play?

You may have asked to be replaced a while ago, but you then continued to post. I'd imagined that whatever the reason for your requesting replacement wasn't a problem any longer, because you continued to play the game. And the change in posting style comes before your requesting to be replaced.

Those last two posts, for example, are very different to your posting style early on. That leads me to believe that your townie-first-impression posting style early on was an act.
Yes, Zwet is the play. To explain why would probably entail plenty of ad hom. Suffice to say, he isnt contributing, and his blatant blowing of smoke without any regard for actual reasons or scumhunting, has not gone unnoticed by me, and should not go unpunished by you.

The reason for my requesting replacement was that i didnt have the time or inclination to reread a game that seems to have us royally screwed at this point. That problem has not gone away. Did you not consider that the change in posting style might be linked to my request for replacement, as opposed to my affiliation? Might make a little more sense, given your earlier assertion that i seemed protown early on.

I'm around to claim and stuff if need be, but i think you would be far better off waiting for the mod to get a replacement and then see what he can do.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:36 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

I too have been wondering what to do about Zwet. I certainly haven't liked his penchant for hammers and not supporting his opinions. Also, the changability of said opinions (Yos is rolefishing -> Yos is obvtown; Xtoxm/Mufasa is not the play -> Hammah). However, this is the first game I've played with Zwet. Is this really him just being him, or are we on another level here?

Mike throws suspicion at a lurker/inactive, and said lurker quickly appears to rebut his vote. Huh.

@Mike: How could possibly been afraid that BM would "change his behavior" following your accusing him if that behavior was pure inactivity.

@BM: Have you been reading the thread? How did you respond to Mike's accusation so quickly?
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:11 pm

I expressed why I changed both of those opinions, I think.
MikeSC6
MikeSC6
Goon
MikeSC6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:05 am

Post by MikeSC6 »

@Mike: How could possibly been afraid that BM would "change his behavior" following your accusing him if that behavior was pure inactivity.
It wasn't the inactivity, it was the change of behaviour (of which the inactivity was a symptom). It was that he seemed pro-town early on (and with Xtoxm/millar seeming scummy on day 1 rather than a mafiosa, it would have been an act that had no down-side) and the change of tone later on makes it seem like that earlier pro-town-seeming behaviour was a conscious effort that has since lapsed.

But change of behaviour isn't something solid, and I can't really expect other people to agree with what my gut instinct is, I guess I should have waited to see if anything solid would come up.

@Battle Mage: I suppose it could be linked, if your dissatisfaction started a while before your request for a replacement. It could go either way, but my gut says you're scum.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:40 am

Post by Battle Mage »

NabakovNabakov wrote: @BM: Have you been reading the thread? How did you respond to Mike's accusation so quickly?
Coincidence. My exams ended a little while ago, so ive had a bit more time, and when id finished posting in my games, i had a look at this one.

@Mike - lol, i cant really argue with sheer, unsubstantiated gut. But, i maintain that you are pushing a mighty soft wagon.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by Jahudo »

@Mod: How is the replacement searches going?

@BM: So you still want to be replaced but it doesn't have to do with the exams you had? Does zwets look different in this game from his town games?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:26 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Checking in. I'm a complete retard and never put this thread in my Watched Topics, but just received a prod today.

I'm getting ready for work and will be reading up this afternoon.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:43 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

I'm back from V/LA. Will be attempting to get caught up on all my games as quickly as I can.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:59 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ok, that didn't take long, not much seems to have happened.

Anyway, I'm not sure I understand your case against Battle Mage, Mike. Could you explain a little more exactally how you think BM changed his posting style, or how that makes him scum?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”