Mini 170 - Time Travel Mafia, Game Over!

SubtleTactix
SubtleTactix
Townie
SubtleTactix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:57 pm

Post by SubtleTactix »

If I were an SK, what's the point of such an elaborate role-claim?

Pretend for a moment that I am an SK:

There was no pressure on me to role-claim; why would I cause such a stir without even a vote on me? Further, with no other role-claims out there, I would be risking a counter-claim by a real vigilante, or being targeted by a real vigilante tonight. Or, a cop investigation. What advantage does it gain me? It doesn't make sense!

My claim would be suicide for me if I were an SK: between possible investigations and a real vigilante, I'd be killing myself for no good reason.

Look folks, I am a Vig. What I could deduce told me we likely still have a doc alive. I made my role-claim because:

* It prevents us from outing the doc if he is still alive,
* It saves the doc for another night (scum will probably target me ahead of taking a random shot hunting for the doc)
* It explains that we have an SK in the group.

Vote: Crola
. I find his agressive and persistent line of questioning suspicious, given that no counter-claim has been made against me.

--Tactix
SubtleTactix
SubtleTactix
Townie
SubtleTactix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:07 pm

Post by SubtleTactix »

If I were an SK, what's the point of such an elaborate role-claim? Pretend for a moment that I am an SK:

There was no pressure on me to role-claim; why would I cause such a stir without even a vote on me? Further, with no other role-claims out there, I would be risking a counter-claim by a real vigilante, or being targeted by a real vigilante tonight. Or, a cop investigation. What advantage does it gain me? It doesn't make sense!

My claim would be suicide for me if I were an SK: between possible investigations and a real vigilante, I'd be killing myself for no good reason.

Look folks, I am a Vig. What I could deduce told me we likely still have a doc alive. I made my role-claim because:

* It saves the doc for another night (scum will probably target me ahead of taking a random shot hunting for the doc)

. I find his agressive and persistent line of questioning suspicious, given that he didn't even fully read my defense, and that no counter-claim has been made against me.

One more thing: I never requested revival if I die, and frankly that would be a silly move for the town --
revive a confirmed townie instead
! So the logic that I claimed to set up a revival later does not apply.

--Tactix
Crola
Crola
Mafia Scum
Crola
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:08 pm

Post by Crola »

There is a deadline people, for when I don't know, but no one's posted in a while.
Kun Lan:"Oops, I guess my trick didn't work on you."
Harman:"Tricks are for kids, Kun. I'm an old man."
~ Killer7
Crola
Crola
Mafia Scum
Crola
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:15 pm

Post by Crola »

SubtleTactix wrote:If I were an SK, what's the point of such an elaborate role-claim? Pretend for a moment that I am an SK:

. I find his agressive and persistent line of questioning suspicious, given that he didn't even fully read my defense, and that no counter-claim has been made against me.

One more thing: I never requested revival if I die, and frankly that would be a silly move for the town --
revive a confirmed townie instead
! So the logic that I claimed to set up a revival later does not apply.

--Tactix
First, sorry, about my last post, for some reason this page didn't exist for me until I posted.

Second, this is the most BS post yet.
He claims vig, right. This is suicide! Yet he goes on to say that if he was an SK, it would have been suicide for him to claim, well duh! It would have been suicide either way. If you read the top of the post he specifically says and I'll quote again:
There was no pressure on me to role-claim . . .
Okay, so why did you do it? You've condemned yourself to death tonight and further go on to syat that you don't want to be revived. YOur post and claim are both inane and illogical. You have helped the town in no way and have hurt it more than anything.

The best thing for a good power role to do is to keep their mouth shut because if they don't attention gets called to them, they die, and they won't get revived because they're not a confirmed townie.
I still say down with Tactix!
~ Killer7
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:25 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

Was the claim a bad play? Absolutely. Under any circumstances.
That means that the faulty logic behind the claim is completely unrelated to whether he's pro-town or anti-town. If that's the case, then how does it prove that he's scum? Any factor that is independant of allignment isn't effective evidence
Tacitus velut nox. Vigilans velut umbra.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:30 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

You're logic is a bit backwards, Crola.
Fos Crola
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:56 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:First of all, I'd like to apologize for not being here as often as I should be. I keep forgetting that this game exists. :oops: Secondly, I want to know why Axelrod thinks I am a time traveller. I see no indication that should lead you to believe that. As for Sapphire, I was corrected on my position about that. Uraj, what I said was just speculation about strategies the mafia might take. At the time, it seemed to me that the mafia would revive their own. I forgot that mafia reviving him would just make him more suspicious. With that in mind, if he IS innocent, I'm surprised the mafia didn't revive him to get him lynched again. As for the reason I said the confusion over it meant nothing, well I'll answer that once Axelrod justifies himself. As for his list of people, for it to be accurate, I'm guessing that every unknown person would have to be a time-traveller. Otherwise, it seems we have way too few time-travellers for a time-travel game. So that means the from my point of view, both DarkLight140 and Axelrod have a high probability of scum trying to get me lynched. So, I will
vote: DarkLight140
, since his most recent post seems designed to mislead. He claims my last to posts have been useless except for the only point I tried to make in them, and then claims I only have one other post that said anything. What he doesn't mention is that since I keep forgetting about this game, I only had 5 posts up to that point, meaning that I have an opening post, 3 posts that contribute, and 1 useless post.
I'm not sure why I am responding to this since, baring a late surge in the voting, you are getting lynched. But still: I have had a gut feeling you were a timetraveller from day one (note the "?", I never said I was positive). Interestingly, you
still
haven't denied it. With three votes on you and deadline fast approaching, this is the best defense you can muster? Voting for one of the less suspicious people in the game doesn't exactly help you either. Nor does your excuse for lurking.

Frankly, I am far more inclined to believe Tactic's claim of Vig. to your claim of...nothing.

As for Crola. He's aggressive, clearly, and if I weren't so sure he was a vanilla townie I might be suspicious, but I am and therefore I'm not.

Also, is it a good idea to have votes on multiple people at the end? Seems to me the safest thing is to have all the votes on the same person. Less chance of the mafia playing games with the lynch. I realize MOS probably isn't going to unvote Darklight, but I think that's okay, since (assuming he isn't mafia for purpose of this analysis) if the Mafia were to travel in time and kill MOS earlier, his vote on Darklight would also be removed. So, maybe Crola should unvote Tactics? Or Tactics should unvote Crola?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:42 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Frankly, I don't have much more I can say at this time. Revealing my role would nullify it's effectiveness, since the scum would then be able to act upon the knowledge I revealed to make my role pointless. If I live through tonight, I promise to fully explain my role as necessary. Also, the fact that DarkLight140 is less suspicious to you makes no difference to me. That's the way he plays. In every game I've seen him play, he's always on the list of the least suspicious people, whether he's scum or not. He stays quiet much of the time but then pipes up with helpful(or seemingly helpful) posts on occasion, in order to keep suspicion from moving to him. He's incredibly talented at staying alive, but I think I've caught him as scum for once. It's not definite, but it's a better lead than anyone else has come up with so far. Other than DarkLight, the only suspicion I've seen that may have any merit is on Crola. Also, I'm interested to know why you are so sure of Crola's role, Axelrod. It seems to me that you are so confident about your role assessments that you are ignoring what the players are actually doing.

Again, please do not lynch me today. I'm not claiming that I have some all-important role that needs special attention by the doctor or anything, but I'd rather be killed tonight and have a chance to live through to tomorrow, where I can reveal important information about what I do, than to be lynched today, when revealing what I know would be completely useless. All I'm asking for is one more night.
Permanent V/LA.
Crola
Crola
Mafia Scum
Crola
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:01 am

Post by Crola »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Frankly, I don't have much more I can say at this time. Revealing my role would nullify it's effectiveness, since the scum would then be able to act upon the knowledge I revealed to make my role pointless. If I live through tonight, I promise to fully explain my role as necessary. Also, the fact that DarkLight140 is less suspicious to you makes no difference to me. That's the way he plays. In every game I've seen him play, he's always on the list of the least suspicious people, whether he's scum or not. He stays quiet much of the time but then pipes up with helpful(or seemingly helpful) posts on occasion, in order to keep suspicion from moving to him. He's incredibly talented at staying alive, but I think I've caught him as scum for once. It's not definite, but it's a better lead than anyone else has come up with so far. Other than DarkLight, the only suspicion I've seen that may have any merit is on Crola. Also, I'm interested to know why you are so sure of Crola's role, Axelrod. It seems to me that you are so confident about your role assessments that you are ignoring what the players are actually doing.

Again, please do not lynch me today. I'm not claiming that I have some all-important role that needs special attention by the doctor or anything, but I'd rather be killed tonight and have a chance to live through to tomorrow, where I can reveal important information about what I do, than to be lynched today, when revealing what I know would be completely useless. All I'm asking for is one more night.
Okay, this could be either suicide or the right thing to do if we let MoS live. I am not the biggest fan of the power roles in this game. Also, I have the feeling that if we leave both Tactix and MoS alive, MoS will get killed and Tactix will stay alive, this is assuming both of them are good, which is hard to believe.
Well, I'm willing to let MoS live, not that I believe him, but my gut instinct says to let him live. If everyone else wants him dead though, I'll say okay, because letting him live should be a town choice.

Also, what makes a Tonwie vanilla? Can they be Chocolate, too? Or Mint Chocolate Chip?
~ Killer7
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:44 am

Post by Axelrod »

MOS you have had two nights to do whatever it is you do. Are you saying you will have no useful information for us until tomorrow? Why not?

The only reason I'm sure of Crola is because of his early statements indicating he did not understand the time-travel mechanic. And because I'm sure the mafia are time-travellers, ergo, he is not mafia.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:53 am

hmm, I definitely sent a post this morning from my computer that I had written last night but didn't finish before my internet shut off. When I get to my own comp later, I'll try to salvage it. Basically, the gist of it was that I wanted to know why IS chose Quailman over Warpdragon when he claims Warpdragon is scum. I think they could be working together. Warpdragon isn't paying much attention to this game, and I'm going to
vote: Warpdragon
, although I could also go for IS. That's just a summary of what I said, I'll quote the full explanation at the earliest oppurtunity.

Crola, I like the townie question. That's a good one. However, on the offchance that you actually want the answer, it's because vanilla is often considered plain. So, "plain townie" = "vanilla townie" = "plain jane villager or PJV" (that's the FBG version of it that people like Peacebringer and Baby Jesus use.)

As for Tactix, I don't think he's scum any more than I think the rest of you are scum. I'm inclined to believe he just made a bad play as vig. As scum, there is no advantage to claiming like that without pressure. However, if he's telling the truth, his explanation of why he claimed is something I could see someone doing, even if it was the wrong thing to do.
Permanent V/LA.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:51 am

Post by mathcam »

Current Official Vote Count:

MoS (3, Axelrod, Darklight, Uraj)
warpdragon (1, MoS)
Crola (1, Tactix)

Not Voting: Crola, Dragon Slayer, Electra

Dead People: Don't froget to submit votes by the deadline.
This is in
12 hours from this post.
(This is a slight extension, but I probably won't be able to spend time on this until then, so there's no sense cutting you off earlier than I have to).

Cam
SubtleTactix
SubtleTactix
Townie
SubtleTactix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:27 am

Post by SubtleTactix »

Crola wrote:Okay, so why did you do it? You've condemned yourself to death tonight and further go on to syat that you don't want to be revived. YOur post and claim are both inane and illogical. You have helped the town in no way and have hurt it more than anything.

The best thing for a good power role to do is to keep their mouth shut because if they don't attention gets called to them, they die, and they won't get revived because they're not a confirmed townie.
I still say down with Tactix!
Your logic is flawed. If I am the SK, I
have to stay alive to win.
Therefore, the claim in that case is horrible. But if I am a Vig,
I can still win if I die
, so long as the town wins. So if the claim helps the town sufficiently, it's a good decision. I realize many of you disagree with my decision to claim, but again I'll just remind everyone: We didn't out the doc today, the doc has a smaller list of people to protect now, and the utility of my role is limited (shots and time fuel) regardless. It seemed woth it from my point of view.

--Tactix
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:54 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

I don't think there's much hope of getting all our votes off Mastermind of sin and onto a different person in the remaining few hours. I'm keeping it there, thoughit would probably be a good idea for anyone not currently voting him to unvote.

I think the first bit of his most recent post was meant to be in a different game... If Warpdragon is in this one, I'm shocked at his lurking. :lol:
To be Continued...
SubtleTactix
SubtleTactix
Townie
SubtleTactix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:34 am

Post by SubtleTactix »

I'll agree to that...
Unvote
[size=75]"No hard feelings Tactix, sorry about leading the crusade against you." -- Crola[/size]
Crola
Crola
Mafia Scum
Crola
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:34 am

Post by Crola »

mathcam wrote:
Current Official Vote Count:

warpdragon (1, MoS)
Crola (1, Tactix)

Not Voting: Crola, Dragon Slayer, Electra

Dead People: Don't froget to submit votes by the deadline.
This is in
12 hours from this post.
(This is a slight extension, but I probably won't be able to spend time on this until then, so there's no sense cutting you off earlier than I have to).

Cam
Holy crap, what is up with this vote count? Mathcam, I hope it was a joke to put Warpdragon's name up because he's not in this game. secondly, It's me that's voting Tactix, and Tactix just unvoted, but still, I shouldn't be on the not voting list.
~ Killer7
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:26 pm

...yeah, that was a different game, but it didn't help that the mod include my vote...either way, I implore upon you to change your vote. If you have reason enough to keep a vote on me even though I can fully explain my role tomorrow, I'd like to hear it. For now,
vote: Crola
for being too aggressive, along with other reasons previously stated by other players.
Permanent V/LA.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:34 pm

Post by mathcam »

Crola, you are confused. You are not voting for anyone, and at the time of the count, Tactix was still voting for you.

Sorry about the warpdragon thing. I didn't have much time to do the vote count. In any case, 20 minutes until deadline.

Current Official Vote Count
:

Crola (1, MoS)

Not Voting: Crola, Dragon Slayer, Electra, Tactix

Deadline in 20 minutes.

Cam
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:41 pm

please hurry and lynch someone else...after i'm dead, look at DarkLight and Axelrod...they are working hand in hand...über scummy...
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:46 pm

you're making a mistake, I've already identified scum for you.
unvote: Crola
Just make sure to kill those two tomorrow. Axel could be misguided, DL is scum scum SCUM!
Permanent V/LA.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:43 pm

Post by mathcam »

Current Official Vote Count
:

Not Voting: Crola, Dragon Slayer, Electra, Tactix

And with that,
(Mos, townie)
, has been lynched.

Get those night choices in!

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:16 pm

Post by mathcam »

Night deadline in 48 hours. If I get all choices before then, we can start early. Don't forget to submit a night choice if you want to, dead people.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:23 pm

Post by mathcam »

Great news for the town...you awake to find that everyone has survived the night!

Yet somehow, there's less of you.... :?:

See the front post for your detailed new current history, but in short:
DragonSlayer (townie) and Darklight (non-townie) are now dead, and fuldu is now alive.

Finally, Drummer is replacing Electra.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:24 pm

Post by mathcam »

Right. With 6 alive, it'll take 4 to lynch.

We'll start with a leisurely 10-day deadline. Don't make me regret it.

Cam
Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:33 pm

Post by Drummer »

Hello all. I am quite confused at this point. I have read the thread straight through and it has not helped much. I will begin studying posts and all that stuff I normally do.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”