The Werewolves of Millers Hollow (Game Over)

The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:39 am

Post by The Replacement »

Prod received, will catch up and make a post later today.
Willing to replace into any non-mini game. Just shoot me a PM.
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:04 am

Post by The Replacement »

Okay, not much has happened since. I don't really see the case on BattleMage. Would like dramonic and others who need to read and catch up to give their thoughts. I still like my vote on MikeSC
Willing to replace into any non-mini game. Just shoot me a PM.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

@Mike: I don't think we're talking about the same change in behavior.

In 1274 you claimed that you didn't want to reveal who you were suspicious of because you were afraid that revealing your read would cause him to curtail the scummy behavior you were keeping tabs on.

But I don't really see how that gels with the later case you posted on BM. It's obvious that you feel his scummy behavior began long before Post 1274 (you referenced a post made over 25 pages before by Mufasa). By the time you made that post, BM's participation had dwindled to roughly a week of total inactivity (mitigated, as we now know, by RL circumstances). What exactly was there to observe?
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:49 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

BM seems apathetic, not scummy.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
MikeSC6
MikeSC6
Goon
MikeSC6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:16 am

Post by MikeSC6 »

@Yos: During the first half of day 1, Battle Mage was very active, very keen, he gave off distinctly townie-vibes. At some point, it's impossible to pinpoint exactly where, this changed into a less townie posting style, notably pushing for a lynch against Yos based on very flimsy evidence (it may seem odd, after I suggested that we lynch Yos eventually as part of a plan to get rid of the extra vote, that I'd say this- but at the time I did say that I thought the evidence didn't hold up to scrutiny).

This makes me think that the early townie posting style was dishonest, that it was an act that lapsed once Battle Mage had secured a townie first-impression, an act that started to dissolve from he requested for a replacement and before he wasn't able to post on day 2. It's such a gradual thing, I didn't give it much thought on day 2 when Mufasa brought it up, I didn't think it would have been possible to analyze consistency of posting style after just a day, so I focussed on Mufasa rather than Battle Mage, but we now know that this was something Mufasa must have noticed honestly, since he flipped townie.

I realise this is all subjective, and too slight to trigger a lynch. It's like when you're reading someone elses game and you can sort of pick out who you think is scum without knowing how to defend that choice, the things they say just jars with you. And this is hardly something where you can pick out posts to demonstrate it, it's a long term change.

@Nabakov: I wanted to wait, reasoning that if he's scum, and didn't come under too much scrutiny, then he might take do something overtly scummy thinking that no one had their eye on him- though I was quick enough to post what I thought afterwards, wrongly thinking that if I'd convinced myself then there was enough evidence already.
MikeSC6
MikeSC6
Goon
MikeSC6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:17 am

Post by MikeSC6 »

*"take the opportunity to" it should be on the first line of the last paragraph.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:22 am

Post by dramonic »

Cough!

I'm FINALLY done reading day 1 and halfway through day 2.

Current read on players

MikeSC6: From what I read, not much content. fence-sitting, stating obvious stuff. I wouldn»'t yell scum, but he's in my scummy section

DIB: The first day was a lot of "I don't know the mechanic, I cant make a decision." A bit scummy, but not enough to warrant a vote.

The Replacement: Wasn't in the game yet, but Shinnen was townesque and brought up decent points (although not that many...)

Rockastansky: Wasn't in the game yet, but Knox was useless and lurking. RB behaviour, but the RB doesn't exist in WoMH...

Zwet: Inconsistent, feels a need to hammer on every possible occasion, doesn't explain his behaviours. Must be lynched ASAP.

Yos: Very protown. Actively participated in the scumhunting.

Jahudo: See above

Battle Mage: Activity dwindled, but still feels like town

Gorrad:... I'll have to continue reading, have no read on him yet.

Nabakovx2: Barrylocke did some blind following, sounds noobtown or scummy, will need to read more for a better opinion.

Ztife: scumhunting in a town manner, but trying to get rid of the responsability that double-voting includes was very scummy. More reading required.

Starbuck: Well, he's still ZONEACE where I'm at and posted once saying sorry for not posting -_-; more reading will be needed.

Dramonic: Firestarters "mafia power boosting" was ridiculous and either noobish or scummy. Once I'm done reading the rest I'll have a better idea of my predecessor. I STRONGLY doubt he really found on mafiawiki that village idiot = jester, I'll have to look into that.

Unvote
just in case
Vote: Zwet

Unless his behaviour changes drastically during day 2-3 (although I've seen his hammer on mufasa) then he deserves to be lynched.
The quick-hammers were pure anti-town behaviour, preventing access to what could have been very useful information.

If he flips town I don't know who I want lynched on the second lynch of the day, will get to that once more reading is done.

Oh, and btw, I'm really sorry for my lack of earlier contribution, as have been said before by Haschel I think, life is a bitch, lotsa stuff happening.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
MikeSC6
MikeSC6
Goon
MikeSC6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:29 am

Post by MikeSC6 »

Zwet has been consistent though- quick-hammers aren't cool, but I understand that Zwet likes to quick-hammer whether he's scum or not.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:52 am

Post by Jahudo »

MikeSC6 wrote:Zwet has been consistent though- quick-hammers aren't cool, but I understand that Zwet likes to quick-hammer whether he's scum or not.
But does he only try to be the hammer like he is in this game? I don't have that answer at hand but I'm sure in other games he votes different people throughout the day before trying to be the hammer. I do think he likes to be the hammer though.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:00 am

Post by dramonic »

Update to my analysis, Starbuck, Gorrad and Replacement give me town vibes, in ascending order...
Questions for Dramonic:
1. Why do you think zwetschenwasser is hammering every chance he gets? Is this a good/bad/scummy thing to do?
2. Do you think the Mufasa wagon was scum driven? How so?
3. Do you think the millar wagon was scum driven? How so?
4. Do you think people have to provide good reasons before they vote, or is voting by gut good enough if they eventually provide reasons or unvote? In other words, what's your style; what's it going to take for you to vote?
5. Do you think anyone looks scummier than a lurker at this point? Who?
1. I honestly have no clue why he does that. It's ridiculously scummy behaviour and it cuts short discussion. Well, I'd have an idea why he does that, but that's on the subject of personal attacks, so I'll refrain :P
2/3. No to both. X made a possible claim but didn't back it up. When Millar replaced and claimed VI then it became scummier, but I'm willing to blame the lynch on people believe my predecessor and his misleading role definitions. Mufasa's roleclaim was just plain unrealsitic. He sounded scummy, so town could very have have "driven" his wagon.
4. Voting without an intelligent reason gives scummy vibes and cannot be excused. Hammering without reason is much worse though. *coughZwetcough*
5. Do I have to asnwer this question? On a sidenote, the amount of lurkers has pleasantly diminished.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
MikeSC6
MikeSC6
Goon
MikeSC6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:02 am

Post by MikeSC6 »

Jahudo wrote:
MikeSC6 wrote:Zwet has been consistent though- quick-hammers aren't cool, but I understand that Zwet likes to quick-hammer whether he's scum or not.
But does he only try to be the hammer like he is in this game? I don't have that answer at hand but I'm sure in other games he votes different people throughout the day before trying to be the hammer. I do think he likes to be the hammer though.
I don't know, I'm just going off what I've heard. I guess Zwet has a reputation that can make any odd behaviour explicable- that's a good meta to have if you're scum, but for it to work he has to be that way as scum and town, so I don't know what we can do with this information.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:05 am

Post by dramonic »

On a sidenote, the fact that Percy died of poisoning means 95% chances are we don't have a NK town role. The witch killed him.
I'm a hoot
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:39 am

Post by Jahudo »

dramonic wrote:On a sidenote, the fact that Percy died of poisoning means 95% chances are we don't have a NK town role. The witch killed him.
The Fonz was a witch and he died the same night as Percy. Maybe there's two witches but we don't know.

Also was has starbuck done to get a town vibe? Do you mean starbuck's replacement, Kaiveran?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:25 am

Post by dramonic »

The witch kills at night Jahudo.

and it's kaiveran that did the town vibing job
I'm a hoot
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Zwet is a constant scummy vibe. No matter what. My policy towards him is simple:
If he dies and is scum: Yay! Dead scum.
If he dies and is town: Yay! Dead zwet.

Zwet, so you know, I hold you as a person with the utmost respect. It's you as a player I want to kill.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:38 am

Post by Rockatansky »

hi

dramonic is town

gorrad is scum

wish the piper would stop making me play with his flute

bye
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:14 am

Post by Jahudo »

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, why?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:29 am

Post by dramonic »

wow, lotsa content there <<
I'm a hoot
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:21 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Dramonic wrote: Ztife: scumhunting in a town manner, but trying to get rid of the responsability that double-voting includes was very scummy. More reading required.
Huh? Where has Ztife scumhunted once?
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:28 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Rockatansky wrote:hi

dramonic is town

gorrad is scum

wish the piper would stop making me play with his flute

bye
...wow, I actually had no idea you were playing, which isn't good.

Have you read through the whole game yet, rock?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:29 am

Post by dramonic »

His posts on the 29th of may and 4th of June are hunting in my book. He's been puling too many disappearing acts though
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:59 pm

Post by dramonic »

@Mod: Does this game follow ALL the usual rules of Werewolf of Miller Hollow?
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:00 pm

Post by dramonic »

EBWOP

@Mod: Does this game follow ALL the usual rules of Werewolf of Miller Hollow?
I'm a hoot
MikeSC6
MikeSC6
Goon
MikeSC6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:58 pm

Post by MikeSC6 »

What does EBWOP mean?

Do you agree with Ztife's scumhunting effort on the 4th of June, do you believe that he was actually going to hammer until he noticed what he noticed?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:19 am

Post by dramonic »

EBWOP = Edit By Way Of Post

and after rereading, I think it sounds more like not wanting to end up with suspicions on him for blocking access to good info.

And it's normal to want to know who he's planning to veng-kill. If he hadn't been lying (and he shouldn't have, in this context) it could have been a good thing to try to get some of Mufasa's thinking.
I'm a hoot

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”