Mini 815 - Lazy Neighborhood Mafia (Game Over)

halflight007
halflight007
Goon
halflight007
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:45 am

Post by halflight007 »

Iecerint wrote:Did he communicate with you, halflight?
He sent me one PM. I sent him another he never replied to.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:51 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Sajin wrote:@MafiaSSK- Did he contact you at all and when? Dates?
Twice. Both on June 30th.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:53 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

MafiaSSK wrote:
EBWOP:He had also contacted me yesterday
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:03 am

Post by Iecerint »

I'm a newer player and have only prior joined games that begin with a /confirm-in-thread phase. Because the mod used the term "confirmation phase" to describe the time when PMs could be exchanged, I thought the early game phases might go [pick-up PM -> /confirm in thread -> RVS -> normal gameplay]. It did occur to me that the first two stages were one and the same, but I decided I'd wait until I was contacted to avoid unwittingly cheating.

Do you have play experience with him? I'm trying to determine why he would send you one PM and not send me one.
halflight007
halflight007
Goon
halflight007
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:15 am

Post by halflight007 »

Iecerint wrote:I'm a newer player and have only prior joined games that begin with a /confirm-in-thread phase. Because the mod used the term "confirmation phase" to describe the time when PMs could be exchanged, I thought the early game phases might go [pick-up PM -> /confirm in thread -> RVS -> normal gameplay]. It did occur to me that the first two stages were one and the same, but I decided I'd wait until I was contacted to avoid unwittingly cheating.

Do you have play experience with him? I'm trying to determine why he would send you one PM and not send me one.
I have about as much experience as you do. I got nightkilled on my first game.

And I suspect he only replied because I was proactive and sent him a PM first. But I had something I wanted to discuss with him, and he never replied to it.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:30 am

Post by Sajin »

MafiaSSK wrote:
falkomagno wrote:not really. Waitingto the game to proper start I say. And you...what about you.

And plus, how can you contact me?? I tried contact my another neighbour and I could'n see how
This is from July 1st. I double checked. Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:50 pm

At least 1 of 3 of us (MafiaSSK, me, Falco) is a liar. I am voting who I think it is.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:43 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Sajin wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:
falkomagno wrote:not really. Waitingto the game to proper start I say. And you...what about you.

And plus, how can you contact me?? I tried contact my another neighbour and I could'n see how

At least 1 of 3 of us (MafiaSSK, me, Falco) is a liar. I am voting who I think it is.
I will agree with you and
Vote:Falko

I was the one who contacted him. He hadn't contacted me.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:04 am

Post by Y »

Iecerint wrote:I'm a newer player and have only prior joined games that begin with a /confirm-in-thread phase. Because the mod used the term "confirmation phase" to describe the time when PMs could be exchanged, I thought the early game phases might go [pick-up PM -> /confirm in thread -> RVS -> normal gameplay]. It did occur to me that the first two stages were one and the same, but I decided I'd wait until I was contacted to avoid unwittingly cheating.

I used the "I'm a new guy" many times. It doesn't make you scum, but it usually makes you a lier. I see it as an excuse at best.
ZeikHunter
ZeikHunter
Townie
ZeikHunter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:16 am

Post by ZeikHunter »

Hi everyone! Sorry about the tardiness, but I'm here!

I like Sajin's logic. I wish he was my neighbor...

Anyway, I might have voted for ZONEACE because my neightbor wanted to, but he is also my neighbor (although he didn't say anything to me), so I wouldn't want to hurt feelings.

So,
Vote: Falco
since Sajin made a really good point about him. Plus, he hasn't said anything yet, although I shouldn't be hypocritical about it. After all, I'm the latest person so far.

@ZONEACE:
Why didn't you contact me about being neighbors?
[url=http://www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/levelup.php?52835][img]http://www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/cards/sg6ebsd6.png[/img]
Click here to level up my card![/url]
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:18 am

Post by Iecerint »

@ halflight -- The intent of my question was to determine whether you had played a game with him before. If he knew you, that might explain why he would contact you and not me. I thought that he had contacted you first because of this quote:
halflight007 wrote:He sent me one PM. I sent him another he never replied to.
Which I thought implied that you initiated contact. But it now seems that you actually contacted him first:
halflight007 wrote:And I suspect he only replied because I was proactive and sent him a PM first. But I had something I wanted to discuss with him, and he never replied to it.
So I guess there's nothing to explain. To clarify that I now understand your correspondence with halflight:
halflight -> timeater
timeater -> halflight
halflight -> timeater

Is that accurate?

@ Sajin -- It does seem that falko (or someone) is lying, but is there a motive for him to do so? Unless there's some obvious motive I'm missing, this seems more like poor play than scummy play. I'd grant that scum are more likely to screw up than town, though.

@ Y -- The only other games I've played on this site include Newbie 783 (replaced in) and Rabbit Doubt mafia (/confirm-in-thread). This is also the only site where I've played mafia online.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:20 am

Post by Iecerint »

ZeikHunter wrote:Anyway, I might have voted for ZONEACE because my neightbor wanted to, but he is also my neighbor (although he didn't say anything to me), so I wouldn't want to hurt feelings.
To clarify, you're saying that Sir asked you to vote for ZONEACE with him during Night 0?
falkomagno
falkomagno
Goon
falkomagno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:39 am

Post by falkomagno »

Hi everybody.

when I first talk to MafiasSSK I was replying to this message from him:

Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:24 am
MafiaSSK wrote:Why'd you in for it?
Since my role from this game was just receiving, I thought that was a message from to mod, asking me for confirmation.

I said:

Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:46 am
what do you mean?

I was confirming, that's all.
Later, I tell him that I was confusing from mod, since i think that the message from him was in order to confirm a game. Then, I re-confirm with the proper mod, Tarballs.

Then, I start to receive pm from sajin. I was confusing why he was talking with me...and, then, was when i realized that this was the game clock-like, where you are allowed to talk with neigbours. So, I look at the diagram and realized that MafiaSSK is my neigbour, so I but "MafiaSSK" in the link "search", and I can not find anybody. At that point, i wasn't realized that mafia was talking with me earlier. When I realized, I ask him the same question that I did to Sajin.

Now, I first thought that sajin was scum for putting me in bad light just with lies, but I can recognize that was something confusing. I didn't see MafiaSSk willing to justify my messages, but contributing to a general bad idea from me. that's scum, because he could say that I was confusing him with a mod, or something relative with the messages between us, but no, he chose to let me to look bad, knowing more that what he say to everybody.

Besides, the main indictment from sajin against me is that I ask him how can I talk with my neighbour, meanwhile I was talking with my neigbour already. That's doesn't make any sense. I don't see why I, been scum, talking with scum buddies, have to ask him who can I talk with somebody else. It's weak
"La ├â┬║nica cosa que s├â┬® es saber que nada s├â┬®; y esto cabalmente me distingue de los dem├â┬ís fil├â┬│sofos, que creen saberlo todo."
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Sajin »

MafiaSSK wrote:
Sajin wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:

I will agree with you and
Vote:Falko

I was the one who contacted him. He hadn't contacted me.
That does weaken the argument slightly. I thought you had said those were him contacting you before (due to the weak phrasing of my question). Still an ok lead. I wish he would post in the thread.

@Everyone- Your neighbors CHANGE every night as per rules in the thread. Don't automatically be friendly to them just because you don't want to be nightkilled/investigated. Thanks.
falkomagno
falkomagno
Goon
falkomagno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:48 am

Post by falkomagno »

Sajin wrote:Due to conversations had pre game there is a high chance my neighbor is scum. He was talking to other people yet asked me how I was able to talk to him. I told him I searched his name up with the search function and got the pm link from his profile. Only then was his other neighbor contacted likely. Therefore the person/people he was talking to are likely scum. Thanks for the slip.

vote falcomagno
Why do you say, and how you get the information, that I was talking to other people yet asked me how I was able to talk to him.

I'm very intrigued How do you know that I was talking with MSS before the game starts???

You are scum buddies and been talking about me???
"La ├â┬║nica cosa que s├â┬® es saber que nada s├â┬®; y esto cabalmente me distingue de los dem├â┬ís fil├â┬│sofos, que creen saberlo todo."
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:53 am

Post by Iecerint »

falko, I'm going to attempt to summarize the order in which you received PMs. Let me know if this is inaccurate:

Mod --> falko (role PM)
falko --> Mod (confirms receipt)
Mafia --> falko (conversational PM)
falko --> Mafia (thinks Mafia is co-Mod or something and is confused)
falko --> Mafia (apologizes, says that he had misunderstood who he was)
falko --> Mod (re-confirms)
Sajin --> falko (conversational PM)
(falko tries to look up Mafia's name, but can't get the Search function to work for whatever reason)
falko --> Sajin (conversational response, and asks how the Search functions works)

This is a little weird because you could just reply to the messages you'd received from Mafia without using the Search function. Still, is that accurate?
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:54 am

Post by Y »

I'm completely confused. Can some one sum up who talked to whom and who answer/didn't answer?

@ Iecerint: I didn't say you weren't new, but that "I'm a newbie" is an explanation given usually when you want to hide the real reason for doing something.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:59 am

Post by Iecerint »

I think all that we know is:

1. The conversations involving falko (I've summarized them; they've yet to be confirmed by falko).
2. The conversations between TIMEATER and halflight (I summarized them; they've yet to be confirmed).
3. I did not converse with either of my partners.
4. Ash has implied that he did not converse with either of his partners.
falkomagno
falkomagno
Goon
falkomagno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:09 am

Post by falkomagno »

Iecerint wrote:falko, I'm going to attempt to summarize the order in which you received PMs. Let me know if this is inaccurate:

Mod --> falko (role PM)
falko --> Mod (confirms receipt)
Mafia --> falko (conversational PM)
falko --> Mafia (thinks Mafia is co-Mod or something and is confused)
falko --> Mafia (apologizes, says that he had misunderstood who he was)
falko --> Mod (re-confirms)
Sajin --> falko (conversational PM)
(falko tries to look up Mafia's name, but can't get the Search function to work for whatever reason)
falko --> Sajin (conversational response, and asks how the Search functions works)

This is a little weird because you could just reply to the messages you'd received from Mafia without using the Search function. Still, is that accurate?
That's exactly what happened. In fact, I ask Sajin how could him to contact me, so I could contatc my neighbour. Only then, I realized that my neighbour was mafia, so I just put reply and came along.

so, the doubt is...how could sajin knows all of thist, if he is not allowed to talk with Mafia.....
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:18 am

Post by Iecerint »

EBWOP (from awhile ago):
Iecerint wrote: Which I thought implied that
he
initiated contact.
I have failed at typing in about half of my posts it seems like. :(
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:20 am

Post by Sajin »

Wait so...MafiaSSK did he PM you or not?
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:21 am

Post by ZONEACE »

ZeikHunter wrote:
@ZONEACE:
Why didn't you contact me about being neighbors?
Why didn't you contact me?
Late twenties, early Thursdays
halflight007
halflight007
Goon
halflight007
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:23 am

Post by halflight007 »

@Iecerint:
That is correct. I initiated contact with Timeater. As of now, he has not replied, and I was interested in his view on something. The fact that he did not reply to me regarding it at all makes me suspicious.

@falkomagno:
That's funny, because MafiaSSK sent me the very same opening PM, and I had a very different experience with him.

In your post regarding him, you said this:
I didn't see MafiaSSk willing to justify my messages, but contributing to a general bad idea from me. that's scum, because he could say that I was confusing him with a mod, or something relative with the messages between us, but no, he chose to let me to look bad, knowing more that what he say to everybody.
I would be very interested in seeing examples of how MafiaSSK was "making you look bad" and unwilling to "justify your message."

If you replied at all to MafiaSSK, then I'd like to see the chain of correspondence you shared. We are allowed to quote PMs that we sent to one another, and I think if we saw the actual conversation that went on between you two, it would clear a lot of things up.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:27 am

Post by Iecerint »

OK, then add one more falko --> MafiaSSK at the end and we're set. This agrees with SSK's comment that falko also PM'd him yesterday.

I think there're still two problems with falko's story:
1. We've heard both that falko realized who SSK was after sending the first (falko --> MafiaSSK) correspondence and, conflictingly, that he realized it after the later (falko --> Sajin) correspondence. He can't have realized it both of these times.
2. He was able to send 2 messages to SSK prior (apparently) to recognizing the use of the Search function or the Reply function. If that's the case, how did he send the first two messages?

At the same time, I share falko's confusion with regard to Sajin's foreknowledge. To me, falko's comment looked like poor play, but only in light of information from SSK that Sajin shouldn't have had prior access to.

It's probable that I've misunderstood something, so please clear this up for me if you would.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:36 am

Post by Iecerint »

I think falko's point is that content SSK had access to would have made clear the cause of the apparent discrepancy. If falko is telling the truth, then the material he's referring to is probably the second (falko --> SSK) correspondence, where falko apparently told SSK that he had thought he was a co-Mod (or something like that). I believe falko is arguing that SSK is scummy for having withheld that information.

SSK, why didn't you attempt to contextualize falko's behavior with the content you had access to?

I agree that town access to the complete falko correspondence might help straighten out any slips/misconceptions.
falkomagno
falkomagno
Goon
falkomagno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:40 am

Post by falkomagno »

halflight007 wrote:
@falkomagno:
That's funny, because MafiaSSK sent me the very same opening PM, and I had a very different experience with him.

In your post regarding him, you said this:
I didn't see MafiaSSk willing to justify my messages, but contributing to a general bad idea from me. that's scum, because he could say that I was confusing him with a mod, or something relative with the messages between us, but no, he chose to let me to look bad, knowing more that what he say to everybody.
I would be very interested in seeing examples of how MafiaSSK was "making you look bad" and unwilling to "justify your message."
The fact that he is voting for me tells you something??
halflight007 wrote:
If you replied at all to MafiaSSK, then I'd like to see the chain of correspondence you shared. We are allowed to quote PMs that we sent to one another, and I think if we saw the actual conversation that went on between you two, it would clear a lot of things up.
Ok there we go:

Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:24 am
MafiaSSK wrote:Why did you in for this game?
Notice that in fact he contact me first

Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:46 am
Falkomagno wrote:what do you mean?

I was confirming, that's all.

Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:22 pm
MafiaSSK wrote:Why did you in for this game?
Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:45 pm
Falkomagno wrote:oh forget about my last post...I was confusing mod...sorry
Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:04 pm
MafiaSSK wrote:xD
At this point I didn't now that actually, mafia IS my neighbour, not the mod.

When I realized that, an after connect his messages from the name that I was looking for, I wrote this

Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:11 pm
Falkomagno wrote:so...who are your top suspect so far??
That was the same question that I did to Sajin

From this, as I said before, just remains the bad taste of the behaviour of Mafia, reckless to let you know that I was confusing, and the fact that
sajin knows about my conversation with mafia before the game starts¡¡¡¡¡. Explain this Sajin

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”