Newbie 810 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:52 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

You had... no reasoning of your own to vote for her? You only voted for KittyMo because other people did? She only had two votes on her, one of them was mine from the random voting stage.

Also, I find it odd that both KittyMo and TFGM had two votes on them, and yet Raven chose to vote Kitty. Explanation?
green shirt thursdays
Krauthammer
Krauthammer
Townie
Krauthammer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:53 am

Post by Krauthammer »

I think TFGM had voted himself by that point.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:56 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

But he was probably just going by the vote count on the top of the page. If he wasn't, then yeah, 3-1 isn't even close, that means the only other vote on KittyMo was my own random vote.
green shirt thursdays
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:59 am

Post by BlueRaven »

i was going from the top, and just for randomness too...
Show
W/L
town: 0/1
scum: 0/0

Some thing has come up. I wont be bk for a month or 2. I've replaced out of all my games. D: sorry guys...
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

So why did you choose Kitty over TFGM?
green shirt thursdays
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by BlueRaven »

2bh i dont know...
Show
W/L

Some thing has come up. I wont be bk for a month or 2. I've replaced out of all my games. D: sorry guys...
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

>_________________>

Well, this seems to be going nowhere. I'll just place an
FoS: Raven
until I have a chance to go back and see if there's anyone else that has slipped up enough to warrant further investigation.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Oh, right.
Unvote
for now. Though I highly expect that vote to end up back on there, I just don't want anyone to get trigger-happy and end D1 so quickly.
green shirt thursdays
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by BlueRaven »

XD yep as usual im a big help. oh and whats an FoS?
Show
W/L

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

FoS is finger of suspicion, it is used to show suspicion on someone when you don't feel like a vote is warranted/can't place a vote.
green shirt thursdays
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:22 pm

Post by BlueRaven »

oh right. thanks
Show
W/L

Krauthammer
Krauthammer
Townie
Krauthammer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by Krauthammer »

I'm keeping the vote on now, as there still isn't anyone as skummy out there to my eyes, but the lack of answer is making me think he thought it was still joke phase? If you do anything that's townie at all (contribution, anything) I'll unvote you.
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by 12Keyblade »

OK BlueRaven, here's the thing:

The past few posts of yours are along the lines of "oh wel, i'm skrewd, nothn i kan do nao." This is highly scummy. I personally expect an explaination, with or without role claim, ASA NOW.

Without that...well, I don't know.
Join the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13797]Fluxx Tournament![/url]

[i]"Then I shall make you see... that your hopes are nothing! Nothing but a mere illusion!"[/i]
reverendpsycho
reverendpsycho
Townie
reverendpsycho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:07 pm

Post by reverendpsycho »

xRECKONERx wrote:Not trying to stifle discussion at all.. I just don't think it's always a player's place to respond to every last detail in the game unless specifically asked to do so. Also, I'd like Psycho to respond to exactly how geek was taking the quotes out of context.
In my previous post I felt that geek took keyblade's simple question to FGM to explain his reasoning as suspicion. He also used ronnieroo's noting of a contradiction in FGM's logic as support for his vote on FGM. Upon 2nd reading, that DOES seem to make sense. Still, IMO, I don't think simply asking someone to explain their No Lynch vote is necessarily an act of suspicion. Then, in an effort to further support his reasoning, he states that 12keyblade did place an FoS on FGM. While that is true, geek's vote on FGM came
before
keyblade's FoS post.

So, I revise my statement and say that I believe geek took ONE post out of context.

As for my "tossing the finger" comment, scum tend to deflect attention away from themselves and find a target for everyone else to look at. My first RVS vote was indeed random, but the way keyblade rationalized his OMGUS vote by stating that he wasn't the last one to confirm smelled funny. Couple that with a few ppl voting for FGM, admittedly by FGM's own doing, it seems a bit odd, don't you think?
[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c230/reverendpsycho/thatsmytitle.gif[/img]
reverendpsycho
reverendpsycho
Townie
reverendpsycho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:08 pm

Post by reverendpsycho »

also,
FoS: Blue Raven.
What the hell is up with your last few posts? Explain please.
[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c230/reverendpsycho/thatsmytitle.gif[/img]
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by geekalicious »

reverendpsycho wrote:In my previous post I felt that geek took keyblade's simple question to FGM to explain his reasoning as suspicion. He also used ronnieroo's noting of a contradiction in FGM's logic as support for his vote on FGM. Upon 2nd reading, that DOES seem to make sense. Still, IMO, I don't think simply asking someone to explain their No Lynch vote is necessarily an act of suspicion. Then, in an effort to further support his reasoning, he states that 12keyblade did place an FoS on FGM. While that is true, geek's vote on FGM came before keyblade's FoS post.
I'm finally starting to see how I possibly mis-quoted. Yes, 12Keyblade pointed his FoS at TheFlyingGreenMonkey after I made the post. However, I make the assumption that if something about a post is causing you to query about it, then suspicion must be aroused on some basic level at least. So maybe we're having a disagreement on what counts as someone being suspicious.

And BlueRaven, I'm also going to ask for some real justification for your vote. Your post sequence on this page did not shed any light at all.
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:39 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

The problem is, I don't think further asking BlueRaven to explain any posts is going to be fruitless. He seems like a newbie who got flustered by a quick bandwagon post. I'll admit it's very odd, but I also think this could be a quick way for scum to get a newbtown dead on D1.
green shirt thursdays
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:04 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

reverendpsycho wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:Not trying to stifle discussion at all.. I just don't think it's always a player's place to respond to every last detail in the game unless specifically asked to do so. Also, I'd like Psycho to respond to exactly how geek was taking the quotes out of context.
In my previous post I felt that geek took keyblade's simple question to FGM to explain his reasoning as suspicion. He also used ronnieroo's noting of a contradiction in FGM's logic as support for his vote on FGM. Upon 2nd reading, that DOES seem to make sense. Still, IMO, I don't think simply asking someone to explain their No Lynch vote is necessarily an act of suspicion. Then, in an effort to further support his reasoning, he states that 12keyblade did place an FoS on FGM. While that is true, geek's vote on FGM came
before
keyblade's FoS post.

So, I revise my statement and say that I believe geek took ONE post out of context.

As for my "tossing the finger" comment, scum tend to deflect attention away from themselves and find a target for everyone else to look at. My first RVS vote was indeed random, but the way keyblade rationalized his OMGUS vote by stating that he wasn't the last one to confirm smelled funny. Couple that with a few ppl voting for FGM, admittedly by FGM's own doing, it seems a bit odd, don't you think?
My random vote was simply that, random. My "reasoning" was that I didn't want a psycho around. I said before that that I wasn't last to confirm, solely to correct the facts of the matter.
Join the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13797]Fluxx Tournament![/url]

[i]"Then I shall make you see... that your hopes are nothing! Nothing but a mere illusion!"[/i]
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:11 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

TFGM has asked to be replaced.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:23 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:
TFGM has asked to be replaced.
Fan-effing-tastic. :x

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:46 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

We're on page four!

Bah! IC golden rule #263: if you join a game, don't get flustered and replace out. Only replace out if you have legitimate real life issues that will interfere with the game.
green shirt thursdays
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:48 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

xRECKONERx wrote:We're on page four!

Bah! IC golden rule #263: if you join a game, don't get flustered and replace out. Only replace out if you have legitimate real life issues that will interfere with the game.
*writes down rule*

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:28 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

TFGM's self-vote does not count since it didn't follow the rules set. The Unvote does count.

Official Vote Count

12Keyblade - 1 (reverendpsycho)
reverendpsycho - 1 (12Keyblade)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey - 1 (KittyMo)
BlueRaven - 2 (Krauthammer, geekalicious)

Not Voting - 4 (BlueRaven, ronnieroo, TheFlyingGreenMonkey, xRECKONERx)

5 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Wednesday, July 22 (Eastern, GMT - 4).
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:16 am

Post by BlueRaven »

just to ask, what were to happen if we get to 22/07 and we still havnt reached a verdict?
Show
W/L

12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:21 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

BlueRaven wrote:just to ask, what were to happen if we get to 22/07 and we still havnt reached a verdict?
Depends on the mod. Either a) No Lynch, or 2) whoever has the highest votes gets lynched.

Start 'splainin pls.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”