Newbie 810 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:14 am

Post by geekalicious »

Um, 12Keyblade, where's the analysis of yourself?
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:18 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

geekalicious wrote:Um, 12Keyblade, where's the analysis of yourself?
Listen, if I analyze myself, I'll come up town, even if I am scum. (cause I'm biased). Feel free to do it.
Join the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13797]Fluxx Tournament![/url]

[i]"Then I shall make you see... that your hopes are nothing! Nothing but a mere illusion!"[/i]
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:02 am

Post by geekalicious »

12Keyblade
Post 7-Votes for reverendpsycho after reverendpyscho votes for him
Post 37-Places FOS on TheFlyingGreenMonkey for voting no lynch on D1
Post 49-Places FOS on xRECKONERx for for possibly trying to stifle discussion
Post 69-Places FOS on BlueRaven after BlueRaven votes for KittyMo
Post 92-Defends random vote on reverendpsycho as being random
Post 118-Unvotes
Post 138-Places vote on BlueRaven after BlueRaven's explanation, claiming only "Still not satisfied" (though he has consistently asked for more explanation for other's actions) and places BlueRaven at L-2
Post 166-174-Goes through each player except self and gives place on Scum-O-Meter

Scum-O-Meter: 4
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:05 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

Scum-O-Meter:

Town

ronnieroo (3)
KittyMo (3)
12Keyblade (4)
Krauthammer (4)
TFGM/Zachrulez (5)
reverendpsycho (5)
xRECKONERx (6.5)
BlueRaven (7)
geekalicious (7)
Scum
Join the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13797]Fluxx Tournament![/url]

[i]"Then I shall make you see... that your hopes are nothing! Nothing but a mere illusion!"[/i]
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:19 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Me? Leaning scum?

Lawl.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:24 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

12Keyblade wrote:
xRECKONERx

Post 6:
Votes KittyMo for not having a kitty avatar.
Post 9:
Follows Lynch All Liars.
Post 20:
Has a combative playstyle, dismisses game posted by KittyMo as “his first game, isn’t his meta.” Sure...
Post 41:
Asks for shorter posts. Stifling discussion?
Post 56:
Says he wasn’t stifling discussion, just doesn’t think one should respond to everything.
Post 67:
Votes BlueRaven for not understanding his point.
Post 91:
Says asking for further explanation is useless, as BlueRaven is a flustered newbie.
Post 116:
Says BlueRaven is best lynch candidate, but then wants more explaination. Contradiction w/ 91?
Post 165:
Votes reverendpsycho, asking for an explanation on geek’s contradictions.

Scum-O-Meter says: 6.5 out of 10
Hi. Reckoner here. Allow me to explain that if you think I'm actually stifling discussion by asking that people 1) don't wall-o-quote me into a coma and 2) don't feel the obligation to respond to EVERYTHING, then that's just a bit absurd. Most Mafia players would agree with me that it's not always a great strategy to comment on every last thing going on in the game.

And BlueRaven is the "best" lynch candidate based on his playstyle, but something in my gut tells me he's just a flustered newbie, which is why I didn't hop right on the Raven wagon from the start like everyone else.
green shirt thursdays
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:37 am

Post by Zachrulez »

xRECKONERx wrote:
12Keyblade wrote:
xRECKONERx

Post 6:
Votes KittyMo for not having a kitty avatar.
Post 9:
Follows Lynch All Liars.
Post 20:
Has a combative playstyle, dismisses game posted by KittyMo as “his first game, isn’t his meta.” Sure...
Post 41:
Asks for shorter posts. Stifling discussion?
Post 56:
Says he wasn’t stifling discussion, just doesn’t think one should respond to everything.
Post 67:
Votes BlueRaven for not understanding his point.
Post 91:
Says asking for further explanation is useless, as BlueRaven is a flustered newbie.
Post 116:
Says BlueRaven is best lynch candidate, but then wants more explaination. Contradiction w/ 91?
Post 165:
Votes reverendpsycho, asking for an explanation on geek’s contradictions.

Scum-O-Meter says: 6.5 out of 10
Hi. Reckoner here. Allow me to explain that if you think I'm actually stifling discussion by asking that people 1) don't wall-o-quote me into a coma and 2) don't feel the obligation to respond to EVERYTHING, then that's just a bit absurd. Most Mafia players would agree with me that it's not always a great strategy to comment on every last thing going on in the game.

And BlueRaven is the "best" lynch candidate based on his playstyle, but something in my gut tells me he's just a flustered newbie,
which is why I didn't hop right on the Raven wagon from the start like everyone else.
Oh yeah?

Post 67 for ya
xRECKONERx wrote:Didn't realize that I still had my vote on KittyMo, so
unvote

And BlueRaven, I'm not even sure what you're talking about with the poll talking about newbie mistakes, and I'm not sure how that poll would be supportive of you voting for someone solely for the sake of bandwagoning.

Vote: BlueRaven
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:40 am

Post by Zachrulez »

12Keyblade wrote:
KittyMo

Post 5:
Votes Krauthammer for having the funniest username.
Post 10:
Admits to lurking being a pet peeve of hers. Likes to get them replaced, not lynched.
Post 16:
Posts a game for geekalicious to read where she and xRECKONERx play, and xRECKONERx fails at scum.
Post 18:
Playstyle is scumhunting, which she sometimes fails at.
Post 29:
Votes TFGM for voting no lynch and claiming to be experienced. Inference: No Lynch is a horrible idea.
Post 61:
Tells TFGM to stop screwing with the game, unless he’s frustrated scum.
Post 160:
Accuses me of “tunnel vision” and mentions an “investigation.” Cop breadcrumb?

Post 162:
FOSs reverendpsycho for having weak voting reasons.

Scum-O-Meter says: 3 out of 10
Hello rolefishing.

God that's so terribly scummy. I'm really going to have to think about where I want my vote now.
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:42 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

Zachrulez wrote:
12Keyblade wrote:
KittyMo

Post 5:
Post 10:
Admits to lurking being a pet peeve of hers. Likes to get them replaced, not lynched.
Post 16:
Posts a game for geekalicious to read where she and xRECKONERx play, and xRECKONERx fails at scum.
Post 18:
Post 29:
Votes TFGM for voting no lynch and claiming to be experienced. Inference: No Lynch is a horrible idea.
Post 61:
Post 160:

Post 162:

Hello rolefishing.

God that's so terribly scummy. I'm really going to have to think about where I want my vote now.
Listen, even she marked it with quotes. So she didn't want us to see it? Fine.

Krauthammer
Krauthammer
Townie
Krauthammer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:46 am

Post by Krauthammer »

I don't think it would ever be a good idea to reveal the cop, when would that ever be good for town, especially on the first day?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:50 am

Post by Zachrulez »

12Keyblade wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:
12Keyblade wrote:
KittyMo

Post 5:
Post 10:
Post 16:
Post 18:
Post 29:
Post 61:
Post 160:

Post 162:

Hello rolefishing.

Listen, even she marked it with quotes. So she didn't want us to see it? Fine.
KittyMo wrote:
BlueRaven wrote:
KittyMo wrote:Directed @ BlueRaven
Myself wrote: 1. Who do you currently find suspicious and why?
2. Do you remember your entire thought process for voting me? If so, could you please explain it to us?
3. Who do you currently find not suspcious and why?

(Good question, Reckoner!)
ok after an extensive examination of all the posts b4 my increadably nwb mistake i've come to a conclusion:

1) that TFGM (or his replacement) for the evidance that other players have given against him being town. And krauthammer for defending, but this could be turned around saying that he's just giving his own opinion and thats it. Of corse this could go one even further saying that im vilanising them...

2) Yes i can. I was being brain-dead acting on spur of the moment being a nwb. But that has changed (i hope) seeing ive been putting time into reading some guides.

3) Im not sure realy...
Ok, I think you've answered #1 & #2 sufficiently for now. (Continue to update your answer on #1 as time goes on, though, if you're ever unsure what to post.) However, I don't understand why you don't want to answer #3. Is it because you don't want to let the scum know who to NK? I will accept not answering the question if you have a reason for not answering, but I'm not going to let you "I don't know" your way out of this one. ;)

I don't like how unforgiving 12keyblade is. Geez, cut someone some slack.
FOS: 12keyblade.

I think I've found someone else more suspicious than either 12keyblade or BlueRaven, though. I'll be back with a content post later today or tomorrow. :) If my investigation turns out to be fruitful, that is.
I don't see them marked with quotes like you claim.

Unvote: Vote:12keyblade
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:51 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

Krauthammer wrote:I don't think it would ever be a good idea to reveal the cop, when would that ever be good for town, especially on the first day?
Not reveal, breadcrumb. Think about it:

Day 3, 5 left alive. Bob claims he is the cop and has a guilty on Joe. Joe challenges him to prove it. Bob points to post 54, where he mentioned that he was "investigating" someone. Mary and Janey are convinced, and Joe the Mafia is strung up and lynched.

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:04 am

Post by Zachrulez »

12Keyblade wrote:
Krauthammer wrote:I don't think it would ever be a good idea to reveal the cop, when would that ever be good for town, especially on the first day?

Day 3, 5 left alive. Bob claims he is the cop and has a guilty on Joe. Joe challenges him to prove it. Bob points to post 54, where he mentioned that he was "investigating" someone. Mary and Janey are convinced, and Joe the Mafia is strung up and lynched.
Yeah, except for the fact that scum are reading this thread too...
Krauthammer
Krauthammer
Townie
Krauthammer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:30 am

Post by Krauthammer »

12Keyblade wrote:

Yeah, no. As you say, Bob would point out HIS OWN POST at that point. A third party person wouldn't reveal this BEFORE THE COP EVEN HAS A CHANCE TO INVESTIGATE. Bad plan. Bad, bad plan.

Still, I don't think that your scum if only because I think scum would talk about this during the night phase, rather than bringing it up now.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:44 am

Post by KittyMo »

I disagree with the reads on Reckoner and geekalicious.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:23 am

Post by Zachrulez »

KittyMo wrote:I disagree with the reads on Reckoner and geekalicious.
Can you be more specific about why?

Also, what do you think about Keyblade?
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:36 am

Post by KittyMo »

12keyblade wrote: Post 20: Has a combative playstyle, dismisses game posted by KittyMo as “his first game, isn’t his meta.” Sure...
I don't think people with lots of experience should be judged by how they played their very first game. People's playing styles change with experience.
12keyblade wrote: Post 41: Asks for shorter posts. Stifling discussion?
Post 56: Says he wasn’t stifling discussion, just doesn’t think one should respond to everything.
I hate reading very, very long wall posts. You're leaving out the part where xRECKONERx encouraged reverendpsycho to link to posts, because it appears shorter to people, and is less likely to make their brain hurt.

His changing read on BlueRaven is a bit interesting, but I think that's just because BlueRaven is difficult to get a read on. That is noteworthy, though.

KittyMo's scum-o-meter says: 4 (For Reckoner)
12keyblade wrote: Post 33: Votes TFGM, following ronnieroo and KittyMo’s logic.
Right, he pressure voted TFGM. What's so bad about that?
12keyblade wrote: *note* Most unincluded posts include a) asking questions, or 2) following others’ logic.
I find this characteristic of players of geekalicious's experience level. Null tell.

KittyMo's scum-o-meter says: 4.5 (for geekalicious)
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:43 am

Post by KittyMo »

Zachrulez wrote: Also, what do you think about Keyblade?
I find that I disagree with him on some things, but that doesn't neccessarily make him scummy. It mostly seems like differences in opinion.

Um, I think I'd better refrain from speaking about the breadcrumbing topic, since I think it's just going to make things worse for the town. It did seem to me like he was simply pointing everything he noticed out; not neccessarily meaning to rolefish...but I'm not entirely sure.

I don't know, he's probably a 4 or 4.5 on my scum-o-meter.

"plz don't swear" -- N
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:44 am

Post by ronnieroo »

KeyBlade... Suggesting that someone hinted at the fact that they were cop is a bad idea... Especially if it wasn't an obvious hint. When I read that at first I, too, thought it may've been a hint, but when I re-read it I came to the conclusion that KittyMo meant "investigation" by re-reading the thread and re-evaluating her thinking. If KittyMo is the cop having her night killed would be very bad for town. If she isn't, and she's night killed it's still bad for town. It's possible that she's mafia throwing that comment out there to make the townies think she's innocent.

I feel as if Zach is controling the game at this moment. Leading sheep to water is ridiculously easy in a noobie game... especially when you're an IC. I'm not in ANYWAY saying don't listen to Zach. I'm saying make sure that you're thinking for yourself and not just following the logic of others. It's fine to agree... just don't blindly follow.

xRECKONERx... you don't even remember who you voted for? That shows how much attention you've been paying... Not remembering who you voted/denying voting for someone you did vote for makes me very suspicous of you. Forgetful or scummy? Hmm...

Just a few thoughts.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:55 am

Post by KittyMo »

ronnieroo, a question for you:

Who do you find most suspicious right now? With your playing style, you don't tend to vote or FOS often, so it's difficult to tell. Just curious, since you seem very observant. :)

"plz don't swear" -- N
reverendpsycho
reverendpsycho
Townie
reverendpsycho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:58 am

Post by reverendpsycho »

xRECKONERx wrote:
Vote: Reverendpsycho

Pray tell about geek's contradictions, yeah?
It's a contradiction because he states that he doesn't follow others, then follows that statement up by saying he looks at the person's actions, looks at everyone else's points about that person, then makes a decision. That sounds a hell of a lot like following other's viewpoints instead of coming to your own conclusions.

Again, here is his quote:
geekalicious wrote:I'm not following others. I look at the person's actions, I look at points that others have brought up about them, and then I take the action I see fit.
NOWHERE does he say that he puts any thought of his own in that process. He only says that after I point out the contradiction.

Reckoner's quick vote on me after an FoS from KittyMo seems suspect.
[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c230/reverendpsycho/thatsmytitle.gif[/img]
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:07 am

Post by Zachrulez »

ronnieroo wrote:
I feel as if Zach is controling the game at this moment. Leading sheep to water is ridiculously easy in a noobie game... especially when you're an IC. I'm not in ANYWAY saying don't listen to Zach. I'm saying make sure that you're thinking for yourself and not just following the logic of others. It's fine to agree... just don't blindly follow.

Really? I don't feel like this is the case in this game at the moment.

Can you explain better why you feel this way?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Zachrulez »

KittyMo wrote:
Zachrulez wrote: Also, what do you think about Keyblade?
I find that I disagree with him on some things, but that doesn't neccessarily make him scummy. It mostly seems like differences in opinion.

Um, I think I'd better refrain from speaking about the breadcrumbing topic, since I think it's just going to make things worse for the town. It did seem to me like he was simply pointing everything he noticed out; not neccessarily meaning to rolefish...but I'm not entirely sure.

I don't know, he's probably a 4 or 4.5 on my scum-o-meter.
Ah, then we disagree here. What he did is a form of rolefishing, and it's something that I find very scummy.

Couple that up with Keyblade's post 139, and you have a pattern of role fishing. (Even vanilla townie claims help the scum narrow down PR candidates.)
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:15 am

Post by KittyMo »

BlueRaven wrote:
KittyMo wrote: Ok, I think you've answered #1 & #2 sufficiently for now. (Continue to update your answer on #1 as time goes on, though, if you're ever unsure what to post.) However, I don't understand why you don't want to answer #3. Is it because you don't want to let the scum know who to NK? I will accept not answering the question if you have a reason for not answering, but I'm not going to let you "I don't know" your way out of this one. ;)
I had to go (away from the comp) so i didnt have to finish my answer. I think you and reckoner are not scum because you both have been trying to work everyone off my case, which a mafia wouldnt try to do because if they can get someone easyly out of the picture it will give them to kills in 24hours. either that or you both are using a stratergy i dont know about yet.[/ooc]
So, you think scum would go for the easy lynch and wouldn't defend you, and that's why you think Reckoner and I are not scum? (Didn't totally understand your answer, sorry.)

Also, what do you think of 12keyblade's scum-o-meter?

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:32 am

Post by KittyMo »

reverendpsycho wrote: Reckoner's quick vote on me after an FoS from KittyMo seems suspect.
What do you mean by this statement? Mind elaborating? I'm confused...

"plz don't swear" -- N

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”