Mini 815 - Lazy Neighborhood Mafia (Game Over)

halflight007
halflight007
Goon
halflight007
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by halflight007 »

@ Sajin and Falko:
Thank you. That answer will satisfy me, for now, at least.

I should also bring up that since we're pretty near the end of the first weekend, we should start keeping an eye on those who lurk excessively, as well. Timeater, if you're taking the time to catch up, I expect a very good writeup and analysis on Tuesday, at the latest. killa seven, same thing goes for you. Everyone else has posted.

Once this weekend ends, you will have no excuse not to do this.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by Y »

I think I didn't word myself correctly. I didn't mean that people shouldn't look for scum tells, but that Sajin keeps looking where we already found nothing.

Instead of trying to understand Falko (Like me and Ice), people try to read scum tells into what he's painfully trying to say. It's like hitting a disabled person, because he's the easiest target.

I'd like to hear from the lurkers too.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:43 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Y wrote:
Instead of trying to understand Falko (Like me and Ice), people try to read scum tells into what he's painfully trying to say. It's like hitting a disabled person, because he's the easiest target.
This is misrepresentation. You use a simile that would create a disgust in a person's mind and as thus make them despise Sajin. You're portratying him as an asshole while you still have no real case on him.

Not only that but, like I believe Sajin has, when you have a strong gut read on someone you will try to read into every single word that person has said for a scumtell. Even if people have proved nothing.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

MafiaSSK wrote:
Y wrote:
This is misrepresentation. You use a simile that would create a disgust in a person's mind and as thus make them despise Sajin. You're portratying him as an asshole while you still have no real case on him.

Not only that but, like I believe Sajin has, when you have a strong gut read on someone you will try to read into every single word that person has said for a scumtell. Even if people have proved nothing.
EBWOP: That's why the case on him is null and you're just making up bullshit. This deserves a vote,
Unvote, vote Y
halflight007
halflight007
Goon
halflight007
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by halflight007 »

Y wrote:Instead of trying to understand Falko (Like me and Ice), people try to read scum tells into what he's painfully trying to say. It's like hitting a disabled person, because he's the easiest target.
That's the thing, though. I gave Falko the benefit of the doubt before. And then it got thrown off by the transcript of his dialogue with Sajin. Not because of how he typed, but because the typing in Sajin's message seemed to correspond more with Falko's writing style than Sajin's.

Since Sajin's affirmed that it was him who sent that PM, I really can't pursue the case any farther, at least for now. That said, it doesn't mean I'm going to let my guard down. I intend to think this over, observe them, and see if any of my theories have credence. I don't know if they do, but right now, I, at least, cannot afford to be sloppy.

That's why I'm turning my gaze to the lurkers now. Refocusing both prevents tunneling and will maybe help me gain a fresher look on this when I come back to it.
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by AshMC1984 »

@Falko: I was retracting the point about you slipping and sending the PM to the wrong person. There's still the matter of the lost time and OMGUS.

@ SSK: In my 134, I was referring to the fact that Sajin might have a pro-town reason to keep some info to himself. Please clarify if that's not the part of the post you were talking about.

@Sajin: Apologies if you've already said so, but do you have a
strong
read on Falko?

@Zeik: Why so quick to barn Sajin?
Win / Loss record
Town: 2 / 0
Scum: 1 / 1
halflight007
halflight007
Goon
halflight007
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:01 am

Post by halflight007 »

falkomagno wrote:I'm not suspecting of you, I think that you are going deeper in a non existent enviroment. but I have to accept the fact that my grammar can be confusing for some of you.
But, no matter how much I suck trying to speak english, it seems like Iecerint got the intention of my messages, so, I think that with just one of you getting, I can go on
. Excuse me again for that.
That's funny. Why would you want only Iecerint to understand your messages? See, if it were me, I'd want
everyone
to be crystal clear on what I was saying, not just one person. Because saying that "you can go on" with just one person understanding it makes you look scummy - and it makes the person interpreting look a bit like a scumbuddy.

I understand what you're saying just fine - I've read enough badly-written fanfiction and forum posts in my life to decipher what people are trying to say, and If you'll recall, I defended you against Sajin and SSK when both of them voted for you. It was the fact that the post that Sajin sent you had the distinct flavor of your writing style that caught my eye.

I'm willing to let the issue of the PM go now, since Sajin has claimed that's the PM he sent you. I have nothing to counter that with right now. But this, this I do not understand. If I were a non-native speaker of English playing Mafia, I'd want to run whatever I wrote down in a word processor or spellchecker of some sort, or take Ash up on his offer to help you translate, so that EVERYONE could understand what I was saying - not just have to take one person's word for it.
falkomagno
falkomagno
Goon
falkomagno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:56 am

Post by falkomagno »

Again, you are misunderstood me.

I'm not saying that the ideal scenario is that just Iecerint can understand me. For instance, I can write in spanish and Y can traslate to the rest of you. that's not the idea. The ideal scenario is that I could write quite good that can be understandable for all of you.

I apologize for all the misundertood due my grammar, but I was pointed that, at least one of all of you has taking my word in the right sense. I know that you, and Y has doing an effort to understand me, I really appreciate that, and eventually you, or even ash has putting question about what I was writen, and I think that I've been willing to be clear, to clarify all doubts of my behaviour along the game. But, you can see my frustration when, instead build a case, or recognize things clearer, the people are still voting for me, and now I have 4 votes instead 2.

I don't even know why I am being accused, if is because I take certain time to answer, or because sajin writen in a "suspicious style". It's frustrating because, there is obvious scum trying to capitalize my weakness, and towns that, instead of trying to find the reasons, are judging the shape.
"La ├â┬║nica cosa que s├â┬® es saber que nada s├â┬®; y esto cabalmente me distingue de los dem├â┬ís fil├â┬│sofos, que creen saberlo todo."
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:38 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

falkomagno wrote:Again, you are misunderstood me.

I'm not saying that the ideal scenario is that just Iecerint can understand me. For instance, I can write in spanish and Y can traslate to the rest of you. that's not the idea. The ideal scenario is that I could write quite good that can be understandable for all of you.

I apologize for all the misundertood due my grammar, but I was pointed that, at least one of all of you has taking my word in the right sense. I know that you, and Y has doing an effort to understand me, I really appreciate that, and eventually you, or even ash has putting question about what I was writen, and I think that I've been willing to be clear, to clarify all doubts of my behaviour along the game. But, you can see my frustration when, instead build a case, or recognize things clearer, the people are still voting for me, and now I have 4 votes instead 2.
Why are you worried about 4 votes? That's L-3. There's nothing to worry about. You are paranoid and partially because of that you're scum. Not only that, but you haven't even tried to scum hunt or list your suspicions.
I don't even know why I am being accused, if is because I take certain time to answer, or because sajin writen in a "suspicious style". It's frustrating because, there is obvious scum trying to capitalize my weakness, and towns that, instead of trying to find the reasons, are judging the shape.
Who would those obvious scum be and why?
falkomagno
falkomagno
Goon
falkomagno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:57 am

Post by falkomagno »

@SSK...i'm not worry about being lynched. I'm frustated because people are adding to my BW because a confusion, that was properly cleared.

I'm not scum hunting harshly, but In my previous posts it's clear that I'm not satify with the fact that Sajin knows the correpondence between you and me before the start of the game, , and his is not your neighbour and doesn't exist a reliable explanation to that. If he flips scum eventually, you would be my top suspect.

Why are you voting for me?
"La ├â┬║nica cosa que s├â┬® es saber que nada s├â┬®; y esto cabalmente me distingue de los dem├â┬ís fil├â┬│sofos, que creen saberlo todo."
ZeikHunter
ZeikHunter
Townie
ZeikHunter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by ZeikHunter »

Ash wrote:@Zeik: Why so quick to barn Sajin?
Sajin seems smart, that's all. If "barn" means support or respect, then I barn him because he used logic to condemn his neighbor. If he's scum, then so sue me. If he is scum, then I chose the wrong side of the argument and nothing more. I apologize in advance if Sajin was the antagonist after all. I just believe he's not.
[url=http://www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/levelup.php?52835][img]http://www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/cards/sg6ebsd6.png[/img]
Click here to level up my card![/url]
halflight007
halflight007
Goon
halflight007
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by halflight007 »

falkomagno wrote:Again, you are misunderstood me.

Then do you have a word processor of some type at home? Or a translator that you could use, to run through before you post? Because people clearly aren't understanding what you're trying to say, if you truly are innocent.
falkomagno wrote:I apologize for all the misundertood due my grammar, but I was pointed that, at least one of all of you has taking my word in the right sense. I know that you, and Y has doing an effort to understand me, I really appreciate that, and eventually you, or even ash has putting question about what I was writen, and I think that I've been willing to be clear, to clarify all doubts of my behaviour along the game. But, you can see my frustration when, instead build a case, or recognize things clearer, the people are still voting for me, and now I have 4 votes instead 2.
If that's the case, then you need to analyze your own actions. Read back over your own posts, and that of what people have been saying. Analyze them in tandem, and figure out what it is you need to do. That's all I feel I can tell you.
falkomagno wrote:I don't even know why I am being accused, if is because I take certain time to answer, or because sajin writen in a "suspicious style".
The wording on that is interesting. Not the saying, but the idea that Sajin wrote in a "suspicious style" as you said. I'm going to have to think about this some more, because I don't think it's quite logical, and not all the other options have been removed yet. Eliminate all other options, and what remains must be the truth.
falkomagno wrote:It's frustrating because, there is obvious scum trying to capitalize my weakness, and towns that, instead of trying to find the reasons, are judging the shape.
Okay, let me make one thing clear. I'm not trying to peg you as scum. I'm trying to find the truth. Right now, the game hasn't shaped itself enough to draw a conclusion either way - I have to analyze things from both angles. As crunch time draws near, I'll definitely lean one way or another with you. But right now, the game hasn't shaped itself enough. If I just pursue you as if you were scum, if I tunnel in on you right now, that doesn't do me any good.

Besides, our lurkers haven't spoken for some time.

Timeater and killa seven: You have until tomorrow to post your analysis. You've had a lot of time to read up. I expect it to be good.
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:32 pm

Post by AshMC1984 »

@Falko: I understand you just fine (mostly). I am concerned you couldn't take a minute or two to answer Sajin's fairly straight-forward questions via PM, even if busy. Even just "no". You could have been conferring with fellow scum. Also you are OMGUSing instead of scumhunting. I am still voting you because I rarely leave my vote unused. I am still suspicious of SSKs nonchalant hop on your wagon and Zeik to an extent. This day will most likely end with my vote on you or SSK.

@SSK: I can see noob-town reacting as Falko has at L-3.

@Zeik: Fair enough for now. Just seems like blindly following unquestioningly.

Unvote

SSK and Zeik jumped on Falko's wagon too unquestioningly, and haven't added much since and they've had time. I think my vote was better placed before.

Vote: MafiaSSK.

The Falko thing is a decent lead Sajin but the scummy wagon puts me off.
Win / Loss record
halflight007
halflight007
Goon
halflight007
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:54 pm

Post by halflight007 »

AshMC1984 wrote:I am still voting you because I rarely leave my vote unused. I am still suspicious of SSKs nonchalant hop on your wagon and Zeik to an extent. This day will most likely end with my vote on you or SSK.
Narrowing your vision so early on? Don't forget that we have two lurkers right now, who haven't even posted extensive analysis. and killa was at least nice enough to prod Sajin for us - Timeater hasn't done a single thing.

Right now, I think the most logical decision would be to lay on the pressure for Tim and killa to contribute. If they don't, wouldn't it be a more logical choice to lynch one of them? I guess what I'm saying is, why are you focusing on Falko and MafiaSSK so soon?
ZeikHunter
ZeikHunter
Townie
ZeikHunter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:37 pm

Post by ZeikHunter »

@Mod: Can we get a deadline for the lurkers Timeater and killa seven? If they don't post soon, I'd like some more active replacements.

Figured I'd put that on the table. I'm as annoyed as the rest of you.
[url=http://www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/levelup.php?52835][img]http://www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/cards/sg6ebsd6.png[/img]
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:06 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

AshMC1984 wrote: SSK and Zeik jumped on Falko's wagon too unquestioningly, and haven't added much since and they've had time. I think my vote was better placed before.

Vote: MafiaSSK.
The thing is I've been actively attack Falko ever since. Zeik hasn't so much.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:08 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

falkomagno wrote:@SSK...i'm not worry about being lynched. I'm frustated because people are adding to my BW because a confusion, that was properly cleared.
Yeah. That's the same exact thing emotion wise.

I
'm not scum hunting harshly, but In my previous posts it's clear that I'm not satify with the fact that Sajin knows the correpondence between you and me before the start of the game, , and his is not your neighbour and doesn't exist a reliable explanation to that. If he flips scum eventually, you would be my top suspect.
Wait what does this mean?

Why are you voting for me?
Your paranoia of being lynch and your unwillingness to scumhunt
Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:00 pm

Post by Tarballs »

3rd Vote Count of Day 1

3 - falcomagno
(Sajin, MafiaSSK, ZeikHunter)
2 - Sajin
(falcomagno, Y)
1 - Y
(ZONEACE)
1 - ZONEACE
(Sironigous)
1 - MafiaSSK
(AshMC1984)

4 - Not Voting
(halflight007, Timeater, killa seven, Iecerint)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.
Deadline: July 30th, 2009

ZeikHunter wrote:@Mod: Can we get a deadline for the lurkers Timeater and killa seven? If they don't post soon, I'd like some more active replacements.
They've posted two days ago, so there's nothing I can do. ZONEACE, however, hasn't posted for over 4 days so he is now prodded. In addition, Sironigous PM'd me about a two-week V/LA, which is too long for this game and he's going to be replaced.
halflight007
halflight007
Goon
halflight007
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:28 am

Post by halflight007 »

MafiaSSK wrote:
'm not scum hunting harshly, but In my previous posts it's clear that I'm not satify with the fact that Sajin knows the correpondence between you and me before the start of the game, , and his is not your neighbour and doesn't exist a reliable explanation to that. If he flips scum eventually, you would be my top suspect.
Wait what does this mean?
If I'm reading this right, it means that he thought Sajin knew about you and Falko's speaking during the beginning, since he's not your neighbor.

...Which really does not make sense to me, either, as Sajin simply said that he thought Falko was merely communicating with
scum
, but he never specified who that scum was. It should have been common sense to him that you could communicate with Falko, ergo, he was stating that Falko was speaking with someone
not
his neighbor.

@Sajin:
Is my reasoning right? Or do you suspect SSK of being scum?
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:00 am

Post by Y »

Sajin wrote:Due to conversations had pre game there is a high chance my neighbor is scum.
He was talking to other people
yet asked me how I was able to talk to him. I told him I searched his name up with the search function and got the pm link from his profile. Only then was his other neighbor contacted likely. Therefore the person/people he was talking to are likely scum. Thanks for the slip.

vote falcomagno
Sajin's firs post in the game.

I read the correspondence between you and Falko, but I found nothing indicating him talking to some one else. Besides your assumption that the only reason not to answer immediately is if you're talking with another player (Which is completely not true), what other thing drove you to the definitive conclusion that he was talking to other people?
I'll accept an answer only if it has a quote matching one of the PMs Falko posted.

@ Everyone: There's a "clock" posted in the first page. Please make sure you understand who's neighbors with whom before you post.

I'd also suggest Falko to do what I do: Before I post, I send the massage to preview and read it again. Edit it and re-read it. It's much easier to spot grammar mistakes and vague sentences when reading true it again.
halflight007
halflight007
Goon
halflight007
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:14 am

Post by halflight007 »

Y wrote:
Sajin wrote:Due to conversations had pre game there is a high chance my neighbor is scum.
He was talking to other people
yet asked me how I was able to talk to him. I told him I searched his name up with the search function and got the pm link from his profile. Only then was his other neighbor contacted likely. Therefore the person/people he was talking to are likely scum. Thanks for the slip.

vote falcomagno
Sajin's firs post in the game.
But the emphasis you put on that one part is what I'm having trouble with. Did Falko just write it in a way that made him just
sound
like he was communicating with others, or was he actually communicating with others? Or does he legitimately think that MafiaSSK is scum, and that's what he was talking about?
ZeikHunter
ZeikHunter
Townie
ZeikHunter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:23 am

Post by ZeikHunter »

[quote-"Good Ol' Tarballs"]They've posted two days ago, so there's nothing I can do. ZONEACE, however, hasn't posted for over 4 days so he is now prodded. In addition, Sironigous PM'd me about a two-week V/LA, which is too long for this game and he's going to be replaced. [/quote]

I suppose that's right. Never mind the request then. Sir did contact me Night Zero (confirmation phase), so I might miss him a bit if he's replaced. But life goes on...
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:13 am

Post by AshMC1984 »

@halflight: I kind of am partially narrowing my vision. With the Sajin / Falko / SSK exchange I think there is a good likelihood of scum being involved. The lurking is a worry but I'd probably be more inclined to lynch on the info instead of the lack of info in this case.

@SSK: Yes, Zeik seems happy to just plonk his vote down and leave it at that. He's scummy. You were a part of the pre-game PMs though, and I think you used ambiguity in Falko's writing to go after him, twisting to advantage. You are a shade scummier than Zeik.

Half the town has now weighed in on the main focus of today with a vote on either Sajin, SSK or Falko. I'd like those who haven't commented to do so.
Win / Loss record
halflight007
halflight007
Goon
halflight007
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:27 am

Post by halflight007 »

AshMC1984 wrote:@halflight: I kind of am partially narrowing my vision. With the Sajin / Falko / SSK exchange I think there is a good likelihood of scum being involved. The lurking is a worry but I'd probably be more inclined to lynch on the info instead of the lack of info in this case.
Wouldn't it make more sense to back off of this and put pressure on the lurkers? We're not going to be able to make an informed decision without all the information possible. If there is a lack of info, it is our duty to try to fill it.

Maybe it's just me, but every townie is valuable. Even on D1. If I'm going to vote, there must be no doubt in my mind that the person is scum. And right now, with 2+ lurkers, that doubt remains.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:51 am

Post by Y »

halflight007 wrote:But the emphasis you put on that one part is what I'm having trouble with. Did Falko just write it in a way that made him just
sound
like he was communicating with others, or was he actually communicating with others? Or does he legitimately think that MafiaSSK is scum, and that's what he was talking about?
While Falko was actually talking with SSK at the same time, Sajin had no way of knowing so only by reading Falko's PMs (Unless I missed something when I checked and double-checked it, Falko never mentioned nor insinuated that he was talking to some one else). So, how did Sajin know, if he wasn't told so by some one else? I see no other way but being told by SSK, who isn't his neighbor.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”