Newbie 807 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
dothefandango
dothefandango
Goon
dothefandango
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:28 pm

Post by dothefandango »

I think this all much aqdo about nothing. Someone needs to go so we can get this game on the road.
oh yup
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:09 pm

Post by Meji Fan »

Yet you say nothing about the great Kard wagon, nor about uh, anything to encourage people about voting for CB, or well, anything?

The Shakespeare quote is referring to what exactly, the entire day 1?
There is no problem so big it cannot be solved by an even bigger explosion
Snow White
Snow White
Goon
Snow White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:28 pm

Post by Snow White »

All you will get from lynching me is a big fat "OMGZ I WAS WRONG!! My scumdar is way broken!!"

STOP BLOODY LYNCHING KARD!!

@ Meji Fan: I didnt unvote Kard earlier because i FORGOT. In case you havent noticed my posts tend to be long rants. When i noticed that Cancer had put a vote on him i checked the votes and was like "Whoops!" and fixed it.

Yes, it is a back door for lynching him if he f*cks up and i start to think he's Mafia again but regardless of that LOOK AT THE AMOUNT OF VOTES ON HIM!! Mafia would be stupid or manically clever to let this happen to one of their own.

If there is ANY threat of there being a potential lynch on a pro role its worth the wait until the person can come back and explain themselves!! Decisions made in haste are often those regretted!! And i support Kard in his decision to unvote bgg1996 at least for now. Have you read this thread or is someone just pointing out posts in particular because if you havent noticed bgg1996 post seemed to carry some weight in regards to him having a power role.

Im feeling the pressure from you Meji Fan but im not OMGUS'ing you, yet. There's nothing exceedingly scummy from you except how hard your gunning me and your picking out of particular texts instead of seeing the whole picture.
Did you read bgg1996's post?

I want to hear back from bgg1996 and i would like to hear more from DoTheFango.

But for now
Vote Crazypianist116

-I find the fact you unvoted Kard because you were "satisfied" unlikely.
-You are now bandwagoning Kard and I dont like that.
-You've become re-suspicious of Kard incredibly quickly for being satisfied enough to unvote him not so long ago.

Why have you changed your opinion so quickly? Are you simply easily influenced or do you actulally know what you are doing?
I like ignorant people.
Cause they dont talk to me, and i dont wanna be talked to.
Snow White
Snow White
Goon
Snow White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:32 pm

Post by Snow White »

DoTheFanDango, i believe the opposite.

Much has been happening. If you like Shakesphere then much sense there is to be had reading through the jargon of posts, posted in the span of 2pages.
I like ignorant people.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:36 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Vote Count

Kard (3) ChannelDelibird, CancerBottle, crazypian

crazypianist1116 (2) bgg, Snow White
CancerBottle (1) dothefandango
ChannelDelibird (1) Kichirou
Snow White (1) Meji Fan

Not voting (1) Kard

With 9 alive, 5 to lynch.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
dothefandango
dothefandango
Goon
dothefandango
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:59 am

Post by dothefandango »

If you noticed in the beginning, I pointed at Kard initially when I thought he was the most suspicious, with no reasons beyond my own opinion and a gut instinct. Then when it became clear that people were using other's crazy reasoning, I didn't feel it proper for someone to be bandwagon'd on Day 1.

I keep my vote where it is until I actually have motive to move it.
oh yup
Snow White
Snow White
Goon
Snow White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:49 am

Post by Snow White »

@ DoTheFanDango: What is your motive for voting Cancer Bottle? Is he scummy? And can you enlighten me?

Someone is usually always bandwaggoned. You just have to try your darnedest not to let it be anyone pro role. lol.
I like ignorant people.
dothefandango
dothefandango
Goon
dothefandango
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:50 am

Post by dothefandango »

When I voted, it was 3v2. I decided to make it an even 3v3. It was nondiscriminatory.
oh yup
CancerBottle
CancerBottle
Goon
CancerBottle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:56 am

Post by CancerBottle »

crazypianist1116 wrote:
CancerBottle wrote:What sort of response did you not want to hear, Crazypianist?
The, "I was tunneling CDB" response of course. Also, the "I didn't want it to escalate to that level" made me think he was honest.
Ok, I should have asked this earlier, but what does "tunneling" mean? I've been assuming it means subverting a player, working away at him or her in an attempt to get that player lynched. If that's what you mean, then yes, I would not have liked that response either.

However, why does saying he didn't want his my FoS on CDB to turn into a three page discussion honest? See, I would think if you FoS someone, you'd want discussion. Discussion from the player that the FoS was directed against and discussion from other players over your FoS. You'd want to know how other players thought about your suspicions.

Crazypianist wrote wrote:
CancerBottle wrote:CDB: why is your vote still one me?
It's not.
Oops, you're right. I was looking at Xtoxm's post at the top of the page.
Crazypiansist wrote:
Meji Fan wrote:Okay, there are 3 people I am currently going to look at again since I think they must be interesting, 1, and most interesting, Snow White, due to FatedLunar's post 54 of this thread, the sort of non committal nothingness that sets off bright neon warning lights.
Eh, I wouldn't say that. He just seemed like a newbie explaining his point of view. Perhaps you could elaborate a bit more? Anyways, nice to meet you Meji. Is it alright if I shorten your name like that?
FatedLunar wrote:I do think it's too much of a reach to suggest that ChannelDelibird is throwing games just so he can cite them later as instances when he did that behavior. That in and of itself just sounds absurd to me, but I'm also not too experienced with these games, so yeah. With ChannelDelibird in particular, I haven't seen anything in his behavior yet that strikes me as scummish yet, but that's just me.

To be honest, that whole argument yesterday was actually making me suspicious that Kard might be scum, and just looking for excuses to pick someone out for scummish behavior. But the thing is, I can also see a townie doing that, even if the extent he went was a bit too much than he should of gone, so I'm reserving judgement on scums right now(my scum radar tends to suck anyway, from what little games I've played on other sites).
I gotta agree with Meji here. Posting suspicions about someone but not acting on them is scummy. Even though you might not be 100% or even 40% sure, voting puts pressure on players to talk and you can always retract your vote later.

dothefandango wrote:If you noticed in the beginning, I pointed at Kard initially when I thought he was the most suspicious, with no reasons beyond my own opinion and a gut instinct. Then when it became clear that people were using other's crazy reasoning, I didn't feel it proper for someone to be bandwagon'd on Day 1.

I keep my vote where it is until I actually have motive to move it.
Ha. You can give credit where credit is due.

But since my crazy reasoning has been debunked, by me no less, why not revote? From this post and post 76, it sounds like you didn't vote for me because you thought I was scummy.

Now that Kard, who you originally had suspicions on is on the chopping block, why aren't you voting for him? Or do you think we're bandwagoning again?
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston Churchill
dothefandango
dothefandango
Goon
dothefandango
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:26 am

Post by dothefandango »

Wouldn't that seem hypocritical? If anything, that would allure me to vote for crazypianist ;), but I suppose that would just cause more problems.
oh yup
CancerBottle
CancerBottle
Goon
CancerBottle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:01 am

Post by CancerBottle »

dothefandango wrote:Wouldn't that seem hypocritical? If anything, that would allure me to vote for crazypianist ;), but I suppose that would just cause more problems.
From the wiki:
Several Votes on the same player to try to Lynch them or force them to roleclaim; especially used if the votes come in quick succession and without independent reasons.

Bandwagons can be especially frustrating for players, because they can seem to build a momentum of their own. Independent of the validity of the original reasoning that started it. Some players (ProTown or Scum) will even give up, rather than face the uphill battle of recovering against such an onslaught.

Bandwagoning is usually used on Day 1 to quickly gather information on players' roles and voting patterns. It is especially dangerous during Lynch-or-Lose situations (where one misvote will make the town lose) and should be avoided at that point.
So far, nearly all the players in this game have given their independent reasons for voting. Those that haven't have been questioned 'till they explain their votes. As for the CDB "bandwagon," two of the three votes on him were random, I explained why I kept my vote on him. And Bgg1996 explained the reasoning behind his vote. In any event, if you don't have players coming to a consensus, deciding to vote on a particular player, how does the town move past day 1?

It seems your strategy is to find the player with the wagon on him and vote for someone else.

And why would you be "lured" into voting for Crazypianist? You've lost me there.
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston Churchill
CancerBottle
CancerBottle
Goon
CancerBottle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:29 am

Post by CancerBottle »

Ah wait, I get the Crazypianist "lure."

You're trying to keep things balanced? Keep players honest? In what case do you hop on a bandwagon?

Also could you answer this:
CancerBottle wrote:
Dothefandagngo: why did you say CDB and myself were equally suspicious in the town's eyes when when we each only had ONE non-random vote. Why did you not include FoShizzle in your "equally suspicious lineup" when he also had only one non-random vote?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:32 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Kichirou has not picked up his prod, I will start looking for a replacement.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Kichirou
Kichirou
Townie
Kichirou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:00 am

Post by Kichirou »

frick I forgot to check this site >.<
Isn't it the brevity of the flame that makes it beautiful?
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:06 am

Post by Meji Fan »

Snow White, what post of bgg's do you want me to reread?

As for the amount of votes on Kard, he has 3. L-2. Not L-1, not hammered

And scum is often found on day 1, the fact he has 3 votes on page 7 definitely doesnt clear hik
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:21 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Ok, Kichirou you can stay, but please be more attentive in future.
Snow White
Snow White
Goon
Snow White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:47 am

Post by Snow White »

@ Maji Fan: Post 124.

Yes Kard has 3 votes. 1 more vote by an innocent could give mafia an opportunity to jump on him if he is innocent if 1mafia has not yet voted for him. All they would have to do is "Oh, i just found him as suspicious as the rest of you" its widely accepted.

In all my time playing Mafia, i have never seen a mafia lynched day1 and i am incredulous at the games ive read where people have managed to pick out the scum and lynch them sucessefully day1 but i can genuinely say im not getting the scumvibes from Kard. Can you? I think the people with their votes on him are barking up the wring tree. But this alone is just my opinion.

hik?

Hey Kichirou! Glad to know your back. Please let us know your ideas when you've caught up! :D
I like ignorant people.
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:42 pm

Post by Meji Fan »

Ive been right on day 1 more than Ive been right on any other day . . . scum that survives day 1 usually has more of a groove going on, day 1 is when they are weakest (that admittedly is just my opinion based on the limited number of games Ive played, take it or leave it)

If someone quicklynched him in some fashion that would be quite an interesting thing and very useful knowledge to know, and Kard is currently being voted by 3 people, so at least 1 of those people obviously thinks Kard is most likely to be scum

As for bgg's idea that the first person killed is always town, Im really dubious of that. Ive played in 8 games, of those 8 games, in 5 of them scum got killed on day 1
dothefandango
dothefandango
Goon
dothefandango
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:18 pm

Post by dothefandango »

ERGH tired of talking in circles about this, but
KARD
seems like your time is now...

Vote KARD

As per the rules, this vote counts. Bold tags fixed. - Mod.
oh yup
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:41 pm

Post by Kard8p3 »

Indeed

vote:Kard8p3
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:32 pm

Post by Meji Fan »

Sigh. In the future folks, please dont do that
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:40 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Final Vote Count

Kard (5) ChannelDelibird, CancerBottle, crazypian, dothefandango, Kard

crazypianist1116 (2) bgg, Snow White
ChannelDelibird (1) Kichirou
Snow White (1) Meji Fan

Not voting

With 9 alive, 5 to lynch.

Kard8p3 -
Vanilla Townie
- Lynched Day 1

Night 1 Begins

Deadline: 10am July 10 BST (GMT+1)
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:45 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Meji Fan -
Vanilla Townie
- Killed Night 1

Day 2 Begins

With 7 alive, 4 to lynch.

Deadline: 31 July 1200 BST (GMT+1)
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:49 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Sigh. Giving up as town = never a good move.

Well, better press on. I think the first place to look today has to be dothefandango, for a really bad fourth vote on Kard (no reasons, just "your time is now").
Vote: dothefandango
#greenshirtthursdays
dothefandango
dothefandango
Goon
dothefandango
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:39 am

Post by dothefandango »

No no no, I'm sorry but I won't take the fall for this one. I was essentially bullied into voting for one of the two poeple with more votes, and now that I wanted the phase to end and voted for the one that I ORIGINALLY VOTED FOR, I get the immediate vote? No way sir.
oh yup

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”