Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:56 am

Post by Kast »

@All-
Hope everyone enjoyed the 4th of July weekend (at least all who celebrated it).

@ZEEnon-
I can confirm that I did have -2 votes (and claimed it at the time). I believe ZEEnon's claim, and his post to Gorrad was a pretty unsubtle hint about his power (that he could manipulate votes).

@Gorrad-
I'm also an Eagle Scout and I agree that being called a liar in mafia game is hardly an insult or something worth getting upset over. K7's post is a bit of an appeal to emotion. But good to see that he can pay some attention without being prodded.

@Sirdanilot-
I never dictated a claiming order. I named the players who had not yet claimed in alphabetical order and suggested that either the moderator produce a random list, or the players in that list roll off to determine a claiming order.

@Caf-
This claim is plausible and seems pretty consistent with previous actions. Flavor makes sense as well. I assume this means you would like to hammer again today?

@RBT-
Your claim is ambiguous although it seems to suggest something that is a bit odd.
-Are you claiming that you lose the ability to vote?
-Are you claiming that you lose a single vote?

-Are you claiming that your sacrifice is permanent or temporary?
--If temporary, how long does it last?

-At what point do you decide whether you are using your power?

Since everyone has claimed except Ort and Sirdan, I assume you are saying Ort is a parakoopa? Is this based on private information? If you know Ort is a parakoopa, that would mean you know he is BA. If you are just guessing based on breadcrumbs or something he may have hinted at, then why wouldn't you let him claim first and use that information to test him (ie. if he breadcrumbed Parakoopa but he claims something else, you would be able to catch that).

@Claims consolidated-
Living Players:
ACE
- ParaGoomba -
1?
RV/0 Coins/No item list - Blocks target player from jumping for one night and reduces that player's vote the following day.
Caf
- Hammer Bro -
1?,1?,1?,
2,1 RV/4 Coins/Item list - If he hammers in the real or visible votecount, then he gains 1 night immunity to getting jumped on, double vote for 1 day, and 4 coins.
Gorrad
- Kamek - 2 RV/6 Coins/No item list - Vote cannot be changed. Two-uses of these abilities:
4C Fire NK
2C Doc
3C Bulletproof
3C 8C Creator
10C Townie Creator
2C "Name/Alignment/Item/Coin" Cop
3C Busdriver
Kast
- Fire Chomp - 0,1,-2,2,2 RV/0 Coins/No item list - Immune to fire. Limited fire killing ability.
K7
- Dry Bones - 0 RV/0 Coins/Item list - ?.
1?
RV/4 Coins/Item list - ?.
RBT
- Spike - 0,
2,2?
RV/? Coins/? Item list - "Sacrifice voting power to vig a player"
Sirdan
- ?(Spiny) - -/
1?/1?/
/1?
- ?
ZEE
- Monty Mole - (-1) RV/1 Coin/Item list - Multiplies target player's RV by -1.

Dead Players:
SK - Toad(Bubble Goomba) - ? RV/? Coins/? item list - ? (1 Shot NK protection that disappears on N4. Vanilla after that.)
qwints - Yoshi - ? RV/? Coins/Item list - ?
ThAdmiral - Toad - ? RV/? Coins/? Item list - ?

WeyounsLastClone - Green Koopa - ? RV/? Coins/Item list - ?
populartajo - Lakitu - ? RV/? Coins/Item list - ?
semioldguy - Green Parakoopa - ? RV/? Coins/Item list - ?
millar13 - Boo(Diddy Kong) - ? RV/? Coins/? Item list - Vanilla townie.
zwetschenwasser - Buzzy Beetle - ? RV/? Coins/Item list - Immune to fire.
Moratorium - Red Koopa - ? RV/? Coins/Item list - ?
Empking - Goomba - 1 RV/0 Coins/No Item list - Vanilla townie.

@My thoughts/speculation about each player-
ACE
Plausible claim. Role seems balanced. Inconsistency between his claim to reduce votes and K7's apparently unchanged vote. D4 RV count supports Ace over K7.
I don't think Ace can be MK, and mostly think he is telling the truth. I would like Ace to start answering questions though.
When I compare my own role with Ace's role, his role seems to fit well; we both have no items/item knowledge, but I have a limited NK and Ace has a partial roleblock.

@Mod-

Can we get a prod on AceM?

Caf
Plausible claim. Everything seems consistent with previous posts and previous public actions. Role seems balanced.

Gorrad
I find this claim unbelievably overpowered. I also find it a bit unlikely that town would have a single double voter whose vote cannot be changed. It seems much more likely that an independent would have an unchangable double vote for balance purposes. Unlike everyone else's roles, there doesn't appear to be any negative effects that would balance out the Kamek role.
I suspect that Gorrad is probably an independent/third party (possibly Wario or DK).

K7
After checking Caf's claims about votecount I checked back on the D4 RVcount and you are listed together with AceMarksman as having 2 RV.
From the D5 RVcount, you seem to be telling the truth that you have 0 RV today. Dry Bones in the previous game came back to life after dying. His vote counted for 0 in that game.
This discrepancy in your votes makes me suspect that you may have looked at he previous game and just selected a BA role that matches your current 0 votes without paying attention and realizing that Ace claimed to reduce your votes.

No claim yet. Tough to read. I don't understand the extreme trust in Gorrad. Simply identifying another player's coins/items/possibly rolename should not be sufficient to prove that he is on BA team.
Ort acts very sure of his reads on others, even without necessarily having solid evidence behind it. This could just be playstyle.

RBT
Role is ambiguous, either poorly communicated or potentially a bad fake claim. RBT claimed that his #RVs has been changing every day. This seems inconsistent with the claim of having 2RVs AND that he has not been killing anyone. With no counterclaim, I am guessing that he may have actually killed Qwints, and probably has a killing power.
However, I don't see the flavor for his claimed kill and I suspect that he may be the final third party (Gorrad one of WW/DK, and RBT the other). He may even be telling the truth about his vote being restricted in return for killing (or powering up his kill). This would explain killing Qwints. I would actually be okay with lynching RBT, but I would like to hear answers first.

Sirdan
No claim yet. I have gotten the impression that Sirdan is genuinely trying to find scum and/or remove anti-town players.

ZEE
Claim is plausible and consistent with previous posts/actions. Seems to be more active now than previously and more interested in finding scum.

OVERALL-
K7 and RBT have direct inconsistencies in their claims. I would be happy with lynching either one of them. Gorrad has a possible inconsistency, but Ort vouched for that. If Gorrad is scum, I suspect Ort is his buddy (AND vice versa). I would be happy with lynching Gorrad as well.

For now I'll re-
VOTE: K7
based on the two voting discrepancies (claimed 0RV for the entire game despite D4 apparently having 1RV; Ace claiming to reduce his vote, but K7 claiming 0RV).
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by Gorrad »

There are nine alive. I think we're looking at, at the absolute most, two of each scumgroup, with a minimum of one of each group. 3 to 6 scum.

Thoughts on claims:
Ace: Almost certainly fakeclaiming, as it's already been shown by zwet and Kast that the scum MO is fire, not jumping.

Caf: Assured town. Scum killing Zwet is unthinkable.

Kast: Likely town, thanks to his 'aha!' moment at the day start.

K7: Dry Bones died last game. Scum for sure.

RBT: Bad fakeclaim. 90% certain 3rd party.

ZEE: Role seems to be pretty freakin' confirmed.

Scumlist is K7, RBT, Ace. If those are dead, then Kast.

Unvote, Vote: K7
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Ah, I forgot Sirdan hasn't claimed. Above list may be amended with his claim.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by Kast »

Uh...wth? That looks like you just hammered K7.

If you really believe Caf is town, then why didn't you let him hammer?
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:24 pm

Post by ortolan »

Kast (1950) wrote:I don't understand the extreme trust in Gorrad. Simply identifying another player's coins/items/possibly rolename should not be sufficient to prove that he is on BA team.
Well he did confirm me as town when if he'd been scum he could quite easily sit back and wait for me to get wagoned after attacking tajo who was killed and flipped town. Also his latest list is extremely town.
Gorrad (1951) wrote:Ace: Almost certainly fakeclaiming, as it's already been shown by zwet and Kast that the scum MO is fire, not jumping.

Caf: Assured town. Scum killing Zwet is unthinkable.

Kast: Likely town, thanks to his 'aha!' moment at the day start.

K7: Dry Bones died last game. Scum for sure.

RBT: Bad fakeclaim. 90% certain 3rd party.

ZEE: Role seems to be pretty freakin' confirmed.
I agree wholeheartedly that killah seven and Riceballtail are the scummiest. I don't know why Riceballtail is yet to answer our further questions about his role though.

I'm not sure where that reported claim of AceMarksman's is from, but I disagree with your conclusion that AM is scum because jumping isn't a scum ability. I happen to know it is.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by Kast »

@Ort-
I think you're overestimating the amount that people trust you due to Gorrad's claimed investigation. I think it's more that you haven't been particularly scummy despite your strong convictions about who is scum/town.

@All
Since it appears we're probably in twilight, I'm going to share the restriction on my kill. I was initially planning to keep this secret and potentially kill an extra scum, but I think the risk of it happening and the town getting thrown into confusion is probably not worth the chance.

I have a limited number of fireballs in my chain
(I guessed 4 but mod would not confirm)
, when I fire the last one, I will self destruct. The explosion does count as an additional non-fire kill on my target and can potentially kill other players
(mod did not clarify what conditions must be met for it to kill other players, but I have been guessing that it would kill players who target me).

Tbh, I don't think I'm a big target for scum or townie roles, but I plan to use my kill tonight and I wanted this out in the open in the event that I die and take people with me. If there are a lot of kills with me as one of them, it is possible that people tried targeting me and I exploded.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by Kast »

@Gorrad-
I am immune to fire (this possibly biased me to believe Zwet's claim more than others did), but that doesn't mean that fire is the only MK (or other scum) kill method. I would assume Fireflowers work similar to MKMI, in granting a fire based night kill, but I would not be surprised if a Mario or a Luigi character (or possibly even Toad or Peach ala SMB2) could naturally jump on players as a kill.
Show

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by ortolan »

Kast (1955) wrote:Tbh, I don't think I'm a big target for scum or townie roles, but I plan to use my kill tonight and I wanted this out in the open in the event that I die and take people with me. If there are a lot of kills with me as one of them, it is possible that people tried targeting me and I exploded.
So you're basically warning anyone who tries to kill you that you'll (possibly) just take them with you. I don't see why a townie would do this.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

If we see a ton of kills that happened during the night, we will speculate to how they occured, right?
Also, it prevents the town from targeting him as well.
If he explodes, AND a town exploded, that could mark the end of the game for us.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by ortolan »

hmm fair point

have we had a hammer yet? If not I really really want RBT to answer the questions leveled at him :)

Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:56 pm

Post by Gorrad »

I don't think I hammered. Kast and I both have double votes, but that should leave room for one more person.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:54 pm

Post by Kast »

@Gorrad-
AceM and Caf19 are both voting K7 already. K7 and RBT are also voting K7, but both of them claimed and appear to have 0 votes. We just had a real votecount that confirmed this. If your vote counts as at least 1 RV, then that was the hammer.

Caf also claimed that he has a powerup based on hammering and I specifically asked about letting Caf hammer again today.

@Ort-
You really don't have to believe me about it. If tomorrow comes and I am dead along with 4-5 other players, it is probable that 2-3 deaths came from scum, and my death plus 1-2 other deaths came from my kill target, myself exploding, and possibly someone caught in my explosion (which I assume means someone who targetted me). If we have a large number of deaths like that, we will VERY likely be in LYLO so having the extra kills accounted for can help immensely in solving the game and avoiding a loss.

I believe we are in twilight. If K7 has anything to share, please do so now.

RBT can still answer the questions while it is twilight. Impending lynch is unfortunate, but RBT remaining silent until the mod posts a lynch scene after being uncharacteristically vocal is more circumstantial evidence pointing at RBT as probable independent.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:01 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Sorry, dude. Didn't look back enough to see if I was hammering, I guess.

For scum out there: I am now 100% out of self-protects. By killing me, you confirm Ortolan completely. Do your worst.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:06 pm

Post by Kast »

@Gorrad-
It's actually not so bad since K7 is probable MK. Mostly I don't like that hammer since it I think Caf is a probable townie and it would have been really nice to let him power-up.
Show

Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

End of Day 5 Visible Votecount

-killa seven (5): AceMarksman, Riceballtail, killa seven, caf19, Kast, Gorrad
-caf19 (1): ortolan

Not voting (2): ZEEnon, sirdanilot

With 9 alive it takes 5 real votes to lynch.

There is a room in Bowser's Castle which you'd better avoid. The walls of that room can move, and they do that when there is anyone brave or stupid enough to enter that room. But the walls don't just move, they move all the way towards each other. killa seven was thrown into this room, and after the walls moved, his bones were completely crushed. That's unfortunate, because bones were all he had.

killa seven, Drybones (Bowser's Army), lynched Day 5.

It is now Night 5. You have 72 hours to send in your night actions.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:07 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

The town hopes for a similar night as last night, but alas: two people have died. One of them was Bowser's loyal advisor, using the name Kamek or Gorrad. The other one was a Koopa warrior who was very skillful in using hammers. The castle is slowly becoming emptier and emptier...

ImageImage

Gorrad, Kamek (Bowser's Army), killed Night 5
caf19, Hammer Bro (Bowser's Army), killed Night 5

It is now Day 6. With 6 alive it takes 4 real votes to lynch.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:22 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Bah! Go Bowser!
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:26 pm

Post by ortolan »

I intend to vote for RBT today

caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:36 am

Post by caf19 »

Oh, bah.
caf

http://thenailbiter.wordpress.com
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:46 am

Post by sirdanilot »

I told you that lawrence always includes ridiculous roles. I TOLD YOU SO I TOLD YOU SO.

I haven't claimed yet. Should I claim? But I am very much willing to lynch ortolan, solely because of scumtells. IMO he should claim first, but I am willing to go first if everyone wants me to.

I think it's ridiculous that ortolan is still alive, while he says crap such as 'I intend to vote for RBT today' while I haven't even claimed yet while it is obvious our claims are tied.

alive:

-Cream147 Kast - not that scummy
-Riceballtail - tied with me
-Surye ZEEnon - not scummy
-ortolan - scum
-AceMarksman - disappeared. would very much appreciate him being replaced out asap.
-sirdanilot - me

MOD: PLEASE REPLACE/PROD ACEMARKSMAN
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:18 am

Post by AceMarksman »

hey guys, sorry for the dissapearance, I've been packing/planning for going to the beach next week :/. If you wish to replace me, that's fine, but if not, I'll be back next week to answer your questions and such. Sorry.
Show
"either he's scum and yay 1 less scum, or he's town and yay 1 less zwetschenwasser. " ~Moratorium
Words to live by.

My record: W/L/T/A
Overall:5/2/0/1
Town:5/2/0/1
Scum:0/0/0/0
3rd Party:0/0/0/0
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:35 am

Post by AceMarksman »

also, my thoughts up till this point: we have 6 players remaining, meaning we have at most 2 antitown roles left. If I recall correctly, we have had no 3rd party roles as of yet, and they would likely come in pairs. Sirdan claims to be paired with RBT, correct? I think that is where we will find our next scum.
Show
"either he's scum and yay 1 less scum, or he's town and yay 1 less zwetschenwasser. " ~Moratorium
Words to live by.

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:48 am

Post by Kast »

@Sirdan/Gorrad-
Sorry, but I didn't believe that claim. I think it was/is overpowered.

-Gorrad investigated Ortolan and found him to be BA. I suppose a mafia don ability or insane cop could allow for that result, but without some reason to suspect either, I'm more inclined to assume Ortolan is BA.

With 6 alive, we can't have 2 from each non-BA faction. I'm guessing we have 3-4 non BA remaining.

I don't think Ace can reasonably be MK based on the D1 MK lynch, but I guess he is possible third party.
RBT also can't reasonably be MK based on the N1 MK kill, but likewise he could be third party.

That leaves ZEEnon and/or Sirdan as remaining possible scum. I doubt Sirdan could be the only MK player remaining as that would mean scum started with just Yoshi and two Toads which seems unlikely to me.

@Ortolan-
Yesterday you mentioned that you can confirm at least 1 scum attack that went through. Are you willing to share more on that, and particularly, do you know if there were more kill attempts last night?

@Mod-

I'm okay with giving Ace a bit more time as long as he actually follows through. Also, please prod RBT.

@RBT-
It was unfortunate that yesterday was cut off early, but please post now answering the questions from yesterday.

Previewed and caught that but thought I'd leave it there just to show through process...

@Ace-
I don't see why you would assume that. I think it is more likely that there are 3-4 anti-town roles left, probably 1 from each faction (DK/MK/WW).

Why would you assume that there are two players from the same 3rd party faction? In MKMI, DK and WW each had a single player.

If RBT and Sirdanilot are on a team, I would assume that team would be MK.

Also, have fun at the beach.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:53 am

Post by Kast »

Also, I'd be okay with lynching from among the suspected third party members or ZEEnon. If there is 1 MK remaining, then I think it's probably slightly better to lynch ZEEnon, if there are more than 1 MK, then it's better to lynch one of the probable third party guys.

I think 1 remaining MK is a bit more likely than 2, but not so much that I'm unwilling to lynch among the third party guys.
Show

AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:57 am

Post by AceMarksman »

kast wrote:I don't see why you would assume that. I think it is more likely that there are 3-4 anti-town roles left, probably 1 from each faction (DK/MK/WW).
Oh, that's true :/ I've gotten myself into the newbie game mindset again (there is only one scum faction and if that scum faction outnumbers the town then the town loses), however:
kast wrote:If RBT and Sirdanilot are on a team, I would assume that team would be MK
sirdan wrote:I think it's ridiculous that ortolan is still alive, while he says crap such as 'I intend to vote for RBT today' while I haven't even claimed yet while
it is obvious our claims are tied.
this, especially the bolded part, points to a team link b/t RBT and sirdan. Note that sirdan was a jump in player, so why would he only be linked to one player and not the rest? I'm thinking a third party link here.
kast wrote:Also, have fun at the beach.
Gracias.
Show
Words to live by.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”