Newbie 810 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:56 am

Post by Zachrulez »

xRECKONERx wrote:So because the only thing I questioned him on was his case on geek, I'm OBVIOUSLY geek's scum partner? ::eyeroll::

If you're so sure that geek is scum and I'm buddying him, then why are you voting me over geek?
If you have to ask the question in order to get my vote off you, the answer isn't hard to find.

There's various reasons you could be defending Geek from Psycho, not all of which require Geek to be scum. I think it's very likely that if you're scum, so is he, and vice versa. My main issue stems from the fact that apparently his attacks on Geek are the only thing about him that bother you. Why is that? I notice you point the Keyblade thing out now, but you didn't seem that interested in it before.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

xRECKONERx wrote:Also, it wasn't just that for me voting psycho. Try looking at his posts for yourself and making sense of them.

Like, calling Keyblade's random vote on psycho a OMGUS, when we were still in the random voting stage. Not to mention when Keyblade tries to correct psycho's mistake in saying he was the last person to confirm, he calls it suspicious! Well, maybe I think it's suspicious he's using his own mistakes to cast suspicion on someone else.
It doesn't matter if it happened in RVS, it's still an OMGUS vote. Technically he called the correction akward, you seem to be blowing Psycho's action out of proportion here.
xRECKONERx wrote:I also don't like how he admits here, after I question him, that he only saw one quote taken out of context, not two. It's backpedalling, and it seemed like he was trying to make the case on geek seem much more blown out of proportion than it actually was. Not only that, but when he votes geek, he basically does it because of a "contradiction" in geek's post.
If he stuck to an inaccurate point of Geek taking two quotes out of context, would you find it less scummy? Is there any way for this newbie to win on this paticular point, or would you not be satisfied no matter what?
xRECKONERx wrote:This is the point where I voted him, because I not only found his long wall o' text post a bit suspicious (with the OMGUS talk), but I also saw no contradiction. Psycho explains here that the contradiction is that geek says he
doesn't follow others
but then says that he looks at everyone else's viewpoints. I see NO contradiction there, especially since psycho seemed to conveniently forget about the part where geek says "I look at the person's actions" (analyzes their actions), and the part where he says "I take the action I see fit" (makes his own decision). It's a stretch to call it a contradiction, at the very least.
I suppose it depends on how you interpret Geek's post. Still, I don't see how this is as insanely scummy as you think it is. You also seem to think BlueRaven is really scummy yet you aren't all that comfortable with lynching him. Oh, and when you come to the end of this paragraph, you backpeddel a little bit on it not being a contradiction, to saying it's a stretch. (Because Geek's intent might not be all that clear from reading.)
xRECKONERx wrote:Oh, and let's not forget how he tries to set up an OMGUS, calling my quick vote "suspicious". Without elaborating. And here it is, Tuesday night, two days after he last posted, and he has yet to come back in and say anything.
He got the same amount of elaboration from your vote to be fair. I stand by the fact that I find it very strange and very fishy that you seem to be most concerned about his attacks on Geek.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Well, seeing as how all he's done is attack geek, there's not much else for me to go off of, now is there?

>.>

And I can't believe my stance on BlueRaven is still being fucking debated. I said he's done scummy things, has appeared the most scummy, but I attribute that to ultimate newbness than anything. I've seen too many people in games prior come in and act like that because they're not really sure how to play and get lynched right off the bat.

but OH NO NOW I'M DEFENDING BLUERAVEN SO WHO AM I REALLY SCUMPARTNERED WITH?

Defending someone =/= scummy, thank you very much. And in any case I wouldn't say I'm defending Geek so much as I am pressuring Psycho as to why he decided to vote Geek in the first place.
green shirt thursdays
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by geekalicious »

@Zachrulez, why are you whip-lashing your vote around so much? You quickly go from voting for me to voting for 12Keyblade to now voting for xRECKONERx. This doesn't so look much like meticulous scum hunting/ pressure voting to me as it seems like you just finding someone else to blame on the spur of the moment.
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

geekalicious wrote:@Zachrulez, why are you whip-lashing your vote around so much? You quickly go from voting for me to voting for 12Keyblade to now voting for xRECKONERx. This doesn't so look much like meticulous scum hunting/ pressure voting to me as it seems like you just finding someone else to blame on the spur of the moment.
Hahaha...

That's a pretty fair point to a degree, but you're being critical of me for changing my mind. It is something I am known to do from time to time.

In that link above I do it pretty much through the early game. In this game. I prominently do it on day 3.

I'm just putting it out there that it's not really that indicative of my alignment.

To be honest though, I do find all three of you suspicious and am having a hard time figuring out which one of you I should be focusing on. It's getting kinda late now, but I'll probably have a question or two for Reckoner in my next post.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

xRECKONERx wrote:Well, seeing as how all he's done is attack geek, there's not much else for me to go off of, now is there?

>.>

And I can't believe my stance on BlueRaven is still being fucking debated. I said he's done scummy things, has appeared the most scummy, but I attribute that to ultimate newbness than anything. I've seen too many people in games prior come in and act like that because they're not really sure how to play and get lynched right off the bat.

but OH NO NOW I'M DEFENDING BLUERAVEN SO WHO AM I REALLY SCUMPARTNERED WITH?

Defending someone =/= scummy, thank you very much. And in any case I wouldn't say I'm defending Geek so much as I am pressuring Psycho as to why he decided to vote Geek in the first place.
It's not entirely true that defending someone =/= scummy. There is merit to the idea that it's not automatically scummy. But it really depends on a lot of things, including the possible motives of the person doing it.

As I did a read of you in iso today, I saw a lot of posts from you that were heavy in mention of Blueraven and Psycho.

I would be interested to know what you think of Keyblade and Geekalicious, cause I haven't seen a lot from you on opinions on anyone outside of Raven and Psycho.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by geekalicious »

Oh, just putting it out there, but BlueRaven hasn't posted in a while... BlueRaven, would you mind commenting on the most recent series of posts?
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:58 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I can't get a good read on Keyblade, he seems too trigger happy, but I'm not sure that's necessarily a scum tell or a null tell.

Geek, on the other hand, seems town to me. Maybe I'm missing something, but he's voting with logical foundation for each of his votes and has yet to say anything to catch my eye in any particular way.
green shirt thursdays
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:39 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Official Vote Count

BlueRaven - 3 (Krauthammer, geekalicious, 12Keyblade)

geekalicious - 1 (reverendpsycho)
reverendpsycho - 1 (xRECKONERx)
xRECKONERx - 1 (Zachrulez)

Not Voting - 3 (BlueRaven, KittyMo, ronnieroo)

5 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Wednesday, July 22 (Eastern, GMT - 4).
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:42 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

While VRK's here:

I will be V/LA from the 13th until the 18th. Try not to lynch anyone while I'm away.
Join the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13797]Fluxx Tournament![/url]

[i]"Then I shall make you see... that your hopes are nothing! Nothing but a mere illusion!"[/i]
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:35 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Where is Kittymo?

Ronnieroo? BlueRaven? Kraut?

Looks like we need some prods and maybe some replacements...
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:38 am

Post by Zachrulez »

xRECKONERx wrote:I can't get a good read on Keyblade, he seems too trigger happy, but I'm not sure that's necessarily a scum tell or a null tell.
His pattern of role fishing is certainly scummy in my opinion, certainly anti-town.
xRECKONERx wrote:Geek, on the other hand, seems town to me. Maybe I'm missing something, but he's voting with logical foundation for each of his votes and has yet to say anything to catch my eye in any particular way.
Question for ya here. Do you think your read on Geek may be biasing your perception of Psycho's attacks on him?
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:42 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

KittyMo: Sunday 7:54 pm.
ronnieroo: Sunday 5:39 pm.
BlueRaven: Sunday 3:02 am.
Krauthammer: Sunday 2:30 pm.

Prod on BlueRaven, ceratinly, but the others have a few hours left.
Join the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13797]Fluxx Tournament![/url]

[i]"Then I shall make you see... that your hopes are nothing! Nothing but a mere illusion!"[/i]
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:43 am

Post by Zachrulez »

EBWOP
Zachrulez wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:I can't get a good read on Keyblade, he seems too trigger happy, but I'm not sure that's necessarily a scum tell or a null tell.
His pattern of role fishing is
certainly
scummy in my opinion, certainly anti-town.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:44 am

Post by Zachrulez »

12Keyblade wrote:KittyMo: Sunday 7:54 pm.

I think the requirement is every 48 hours for this game, but I could be wrong.
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:47 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

Zachrulez wrote:
12Keyblade wrote:KittyMo: Sunday 7:54 pm.

I think the requirement is every 48 hours for this game, but I could be wrong.
Crap, I thought it was Tuesday. Yeah, prods all around I think.

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:49 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Well at least we're in agreement on this matter.

Mod: Prods on Kittymo, Ronnieroo, Blueraven, and Krauthammer please.
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:52 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

Zachrulez wrote:Well at least we're in agreement on this matter.

Mod: Prods on Kittymo, Ronnieroo, Blueraven, and Krauthammer please.
Probably be the last time 4 a while...:)

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:00 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Well we do agree that Geek and Reckoner are scummy.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:56 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'm not scummy, and you have no more basis for thinking so other than the fact that I don't like the attacks on Geek. And maybe if you were to point out to me why you DO think Geek is so scummy my opinion would be different, but I just did an iso read and found nothing inherently wrong.
green shirt thursdays
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:05 am

Post by Zachrulez »

That was not the only thing that I found scummy about your play.

I've pointed a few other things out.

And I have a question for you to answer in 236.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:09 am

Post by Zachrulez »

A few other things that have bugged me about Reckoner for a while.
Zachrulez post 144 wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:Hey, let's not have epically long posts like that, please. Makes the game much more of a hassle than it needs to be. Linking to posts in reference is fine, and you could also just... not chime in on every single thing.

That being said, I'm a fan of the TFGM wagon.
I find Reckoner a bit suspect for this post. It gives me the feel that he is discouraging discussion.

I personally didn't mind post 39. While a game full of text walls can be really dreadful to read, posting one every now and then when necessary is not a bad thing at all, and I would hate to see reverendpsycho stop posting certain thoughts or not giving insight to the level he did on 39 because of one IC's complaint about the post.
Zachrulez post 181 wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:
12Keyblade wrote:
xRECKONERx

Post 6:
Votes KittyMo for not having a kitty avatar.
Post 9:
Follows Lynch All Liars.
Post 20:
Has a combative playstyle, dismisses game posted by KittyMo as “his first game, isn’t his meta.” Sure...
Post 41:
Asks for shorter posts. Stifling discussion?
Post 56:
Says he wasn’t stifling discussion, just doesn’t think one should respond to everything.
Post 67:
Votes BlueRaven for not understanding his point.
Post 91:
Says asking for further explanation is useless, as BlueRaven is a flustered newbie.
Post 116:
Says BlueRaven is best lynch candidate, but then wants more explaination. Contradiction w/ 91?
Post 165:
Votes reverendpsycho, asking for an explanation on geek’s contradictions.

Scum-O-Meter says: 6.5 out of 10
Hi. Reckoner here. Allow me to explain that if you think I'm actually stifling discussion by asking that people 1) don't wall-o-quote me into a coma and 2) don't feel the obligation to respond to EVERYTHING, then that's just a bit absurd. Most Mafia players would agree with me that it's not always a great strategy to comment on every last thing going on in the game.

And BlueRaven is the "best" lynch candidate based on his playstyle, but something in my gut tells me he's just a flustered newbie,
which is why I didn't hop right on the Raven wagon from the start like everyone else.
Oh yeah?

Post 67 for ya
xRECKONERx wrote:Didn't realize that I still had my vote on KittyMo, so
unvote

And BlueRaven, I'm not even sure what you're talking about with the poll talking about newbie mistakes, and I'm not sure how that poll would be supportive of you voting for someone solely for the sake of bandwagoning.

Vote: BlueRaven
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:10 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

No, I do not.
green shirt thursdays
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:13 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

Zach, you're taking xRECKONERx's post out of context. Not only that, but his point is "I didn't jump on it right away." He's correct. He was vote #3 on a 4-person bandwagon. That's not right away.

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:14 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

12Keyblade wrote:Zach, you're taking xRECKONERx's post out of context. Not only that, but his point is "I didn't jump on it right away." He's correct. He was vote #3 on a 4-person bandwagon. That's not right away.
This.

So now that your one point against me has no validity, are you going to remove your vote? Chances are, no, so I'm VERY eager to see why.
green shirt thursdays

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”