Newbie 810 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:34 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Well I'd say one of either Kraut/Keyblade is scum, yes.
green shirt thursdays
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:44 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Just one? Not one or both?

I never asked you what you thought of Kraut did I?
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:36 am

Post by geekalicious »

Zachrulez Post 270 wrote:Currently on Raven's wagon are (Krauthammer, Geek, and Keyblade)

You've already said you think Geek is town, and you can't get a good read on Key, so... Kraut?
So... yes, you did ask xRECKONERx about Krauthammer.
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:44 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Just one, because I still have a gut feeling about psycho.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:46 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Also, I get the feeling you're just asking aimless questions without really scumhunting. Tunnel vision much?
green shirt thursdays
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:47 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Well, I never asked him what he thinks about Kraut's play.

I'm trying to get as much info out of Reckoner as I can to see if I can put myself in his shoes and make sense of his play as town from his perspective.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:49 am

Post by Zachrulez »

xRECKONERx wrote:Also, I get the feeling you're just asking aimless questions without really scumhunting. Tunnel vision much?
Asking questions of a top suspect is the very core of scumhunting.

I would appreciate an answer to my question of what you think about Kraut.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:54 am

Post by Zachrulez »

And... burn!

Geek accuses me of shifting my vote around too easily and Reckoner accuses me of tunnel vision.

This game is great.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:54 am

Post by KittyMo »

Too lazy to do quotes.

To answer your earlier question, Reckoner, I'm really confused by your stance on BlueRaven.

I don't really like Zach's attitude at the moment, so right now, that's probably biasing me against him and toward Reckoner. *shrug*
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:57 am

Post by Zachrulez »

KittyMo wrote:Too lazy to do quotes.

To answer your earlier question, Reckoner, I'm really confused by your stance on BlueRaven.

I don't really like Zach's attitude at the moment, so right now, that's probably biasing me against him and toward Reckoner. *shrug*
What's wrong with my attitude?

Also, deliberately avoiding questions is scummy, no matter how you try to justify it. That's exactly what Reckoner is doing right now. (Geek is contributing by trying to get him out of answering the question.)
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:08 am

Post by KittyMo »

It just seems like you're being just a little overly harsh & sarcastic. I'd appreciate it if you'd tone it down a little, but it's nothing too bad.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:17 am

Post by geekalicious »

Zachrulez wrote:Also, deliberately avoiding questions is scummy, no matter how you try to justify it. That's exactly what Reckoner is doing right now. (Geek is contributing by trying to get him out of answering the question.)
Eh....? How am I trying to get xRECKONERx out of answering the question? All I mentioned earlier was that you did indeed ask him a question.
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

geekalicious wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:Also, deliberately avoiding questions is scummy, no matter how you try to justify it. That's exactly what Reckoner is doing right now. (Geek is contributing by trying to get him out of answering the question.)
Eh....? How am I trying to get xRECKONERx out of answering the question? All I mentioned earlier was that you did indeed ask him a question.
It wasn't the same question though. It was asking him if he thought scum was Kraut based on a process of elimination on the wagon of having a town read on you, and no read on Keyblade.

The follow up question I asked was a specific one about what he thought of Kraut. It's not an unfair question to ask, and it's a bit different then the question you claim I already asked him.

Anyway, what IS relevant is the fact that Reckoner isn't exactly very forthcoming about who he thinks is scum even though he thinks there is scum on Raven's wagon and that Raven is newb town. He seems a lot more interested in getting either Raven or Psycho lynched than he does in actually doing any scumhunting on the scum is on Raven's wagon theory.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

KittyMo wrote:It just seems like you're being just a little overly harsh & sarcastic. I'd appreciate it if you'd tone it down a little, but it's nothing too bad.
If you show me where I'm doing it, I will explain to you whether I am being sarcastic or not.

Clearly I am being harsh. That's just the way I play off of people that I think are scum.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:31 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I don't have an opinion on Kraut yet, that's why I haven't responded.

Kraut hasn't done anything yet other than lurk to make me possibly suspect him, but everyone's lurking, so I don't see that as a tell. In either case, I don't need to be "forthcoming" about who I think is scum because at this point I don't think I have any top suspects. I've been doing nothing but having to defend myself from your constant attacks (which are all pretty much baseless, as I have defended myself properly from every point you've cast against me, and yet all you do is come up with new questions, never satisfied with the answers).

I think there is scum on the BlueRaven wagon because I'm getting newbtown vibes from Raven but can see he had a few
huge
fuck ups. It's the perfect opportunity for scum to push a lynch on D1. I don't have a strong read either way on anyone on the wagon (and excuse me for that, my mother had fucking heart surgery Monday and I haven't been able to formulate a whole goddamn case), but I assure you there is at least one scum on there.
green shirt thursdays
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

At this point, I'll give you some time to re-read the game and attempt to get a better read on the relevant players on Raven's wagon. (There is a good amount of content on all of them to do so.)

I also want to give other players a chance to check in on our exchange without our back and forth continuing to consume the entire thread.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Also if you're town, try to put yourself in my shoes and see the game from my perspective and see if you can see legitimate reason for me to suspect you. (This is very much a better approach then trying to discredit my attacks out of hand. Sometimes it's better to admit missteps than it is to stubbornly carry on as if you've done nothing wrong.)

Also consider the possibility that Geek might be scum and buddying up to you in order to influence you... if you are town of course.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:03 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I saw Geek's post quoting your question to me as more of a prod to me to respond.
And maybe if you had legitimate points against me I could say "Okay, I see where I messed up" or "What the hell are you talking about?"
green shirt thursdays
reverendpsycho
reverendpsycho
Townie
reverendpsycho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by reverendpsycho »

xRECKONERx wrote:Also, it wasn't just that for me voting psycho. Try looking at his posts for yourself and making sense of them.

Like, calling Keyblade's random vote on psycho a OMGUS, when we were still in the random voting stage. Not to mention when Keyblade tries to correct psycho's mistake in saying he was the last person to confirm, he calls it suspicious! Well, maybe I think it's suspicious he's using his own mistakes to cast suspicion on someone else.

I also don't like how he admits here, after I question him, that he only saw one quote taken out of context, not two. It's backpedalling, and it seemed like he was trying to make the case on geek seem much more blown out of proportion than it actually was. Not only that, but when he votes geek, he basically does it because of a "contradiction" in geek's post.

This is the point where I voted him, because I not only found his long wall o' text post a bit suspicious (with the OMGUS talk), but I also saw no contradiction. Psycho explains here that the contradiction is that geek says he
doesn't follow others
but then says that he looks at everyone else's viewpoints. I see NO contradiction there, especially since psycho seemed to conveniently forget about the part where geek says "I look at the person's actions" (analyzes their actions), and the part where he says "I take the action I see fit" (makes his own decision). It's a stretch to call it a contradiction, at the very least.

Oh, and let's not forget how he tries to set up an OMGUS, calling my quick vote "suspicious". Without elaborating. And here it is, Tuesday night, two days after he last posted, and he has yet to come back in and say anything.
Sorry to burst your bubble but I've had some serious issues concerning a family member in the hospital so forgive me for not finding the time to post in the V/LA thread. My mind was elsewhere.

I'll return to this game when my thoughts are a bit more composed. Maybe tomorrow.
[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c230/reverendpsycho/thatsmytitle.gif[/img]
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by 12Keyblade »

KittyMo wrote:It just seems like you're being just a little overly harsh & sarcastic. I'd appreciate it if you'd tone it down a little, but it's nothing too bad.
QFT
Join the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13797]Fluxx Tournament![/url]

[i]"Then I shall make you see... that your hopes are nothing! Nothing but a mere illusion!"[/i]
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Zachrulez wrote: If you show me where I'm doing it, I will explain to you whether I am being sarcastic or not.

Clearly I am being harsh. That's just the way I play off of people that I think are scum.
I can find where you are being sarcastic, but some of your sarcasm seems very callous. As for your second point, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I don't think I can really ask you to change your personal style, as long as you're following the game's rules.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Oh, and I missed Keyblade's and ronnieroo's V/LA announcements. Luckily, the deadline is not until the 22nd, and you both are getting back the 18th, so I think we can wait for them to get back before we lynch. It's inconvenient, but that's life.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Sorry for the triple post, but best wishes to Reckoner's mom and reverendpsycho's family member. :)

"plz don't swear" -- N
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:11 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Thanks -

Just as an update, the docs are keeping her in recovery for a week.
green shirt thursdays
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:27 pm

Post by BlueRaven »

sorry my computer's been playin up recently and i've only just fixed it. But im bk and hopefully my comp wont break down again.
Show
W/L
town: 0/1
scum: 0/0

Some thing has come up. I wont be bk for a month or 2. I've replaced out of all my games. D: sorry guys...

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”