Newbie 807 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:03 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Vote Count

dothefanfango (1) CBD

Not voting (6) crazypianist1116, Kichirou, dothefandango, Snow White, CancerBottle, bgg1996
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:10 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

dothefandango wrote:No no no, I'm sorry but I won't take the fall for this one. I was essentially bullied into voting for one of the two poeple with more votes, and now that I wanted the phase to end and voted for the one that I ORIGINALLY VOTED FOR, I get the immediate vote? No way sir.
Show me how you've been "bullied", because I don't see it. You don't get to hide behind what other players think you should do, because in the end only you are responsible for your actions.

Also,
Mod
, I'm CDB not CBD.
#greenshirtthursdays
dothefandango
dothefandango
Goon
dothefandango
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:30 am

Post by dothefandango »

But since my crazy reasoning has been debunked, by me no less, why not revote?
In any event, if you don't have players coming to a consensus, deciding to vote on a particular player, how does the town move past day 1?
The bullying wasn't to vote for Kard, but to vote in general. So I went with who I voted for in the first place. if you need examples of why I voted for him the first times around, here you go: it was random. It was the first round. To quote yourself:
The random vote is common practice here
oh yup
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:35 am

So you thought it was justified to put a player one vote from lynch for no reason other than
random chance
? I don't see how you could possibly justify this to yourself if you were town. Meanwhile, it's a very convenient excuse for scum.
#greenshirtthursdays
Snow White
Snow White
Goon
Snow White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:51 am

Post by Snow White »

The difference here dothefandango is that you placed the hammer vote on Kard. Which is generally a shaky move for anyone, even scum.

I openly defended Kard. You were not bullied into voting for him. This on your behalf is a contradiction. And i find it a weak excuse that you could not stand up for yourself.

But i want to
vote bgg1996
if there was a chance of bgg1996 having a role i dont see why Mafia did not lynch him last night.

Im surprised at their lynch on Meji Fan.

This makes me think that they were trying to incrimanate the person Meji Fan was voting for. Me, since i know im innocent im inclined to believe that the mafia voted for her to incriminate me because i was on to them and they want town to lynch me by its own hand.

Hence i will
unvote bgg1996
giving him the benefit of the doubt for the minute, i want an explanation, nao bgg1996.

vote crazy pianist
who co-incidentally had a vote on Kard. Say what!?!?!??

CP i want some opinions on my line of thought.
I like ignorant people.
Cause they dont talk to me, and i dont wanna be talked to.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:53 am

dothefandango did not hammer Kard, Kard hammered himself. The less said about the latter, the better.
#greenshirtthursdays
Snow White
Snow White
Goon
Snow White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:59 am

Post by Snow White »

Well essentially. I think Kard would have hung in if the force against him had not been so strong. In my eyes dothefandango might has well given the hammer. Submitting to a bandwagon without reason is not percieved well.

@Dothefandango. First you say your bored and want to get someone voted off to speed the process of the game, now you say that you were bullied into voting.Can you make up your mind?

@CDB. Ill say what i feel. Its more dangerous to not say what you feel if you are town. Because if it all ends and your thoughts were right then you end up kicking yourself. Do you not agree CDB?
I like ignorant people.
Cause they dont talk to me, and i dont wanna be talked to.
dothefandango
dothefandango
Goon
dothefandango
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:07 am

Post by dothefandango »

Well shouldn't the people that LEAD the bandwagon be looked at a little more closely then? Oh wait, that was YOU CDB.
Also, I'm going to unvote, vote: Kard. Why did you OMGUS vote CP? Town's job is to be finding scum - how did that help towards that goal?
VOTE CDB
oh yup
dothefandango
dothefandango
Goon
dothefandango
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:11 am

Post by dothefandango »

@Dothefandango. First you say your bored and want to get someone voted off to speed the process of the game, now you say that you were bullied into voting. Can you make up your mind?
I'm saying how I felt when I posted and voted. I felt like A.) The game was not progressing, and that B.) I was being obstinate in my motive to not vote for a L-2+ suspect, and C.) that you guys were looking at me not voting as more suspicious than anything. Apparently I was wrong on all counts.

So I guess I was bored, curious, and pressured all at the same time. I did not vote for him in haste, I put up the biggest fight out of anyone besides you Snow White. In the end, I obviously should have listened to you, but hindsight is 20/20.
oh yup
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:13 am

Snow White wrote:Well essentially. I think Kard would have hung in if the force against him had not been so strong. In my eyes dothefandango might has well given the hammer. Submitting to a bandwagon without reason is not percieved well.
You're allowed to think that but it does not mean dothefandango
actually
hammered Kard, and you don't get to assume that he did for the purpose of an argument against him. Don't get me wrong, I think DTF's vote was a terrible one, but I intend to treat it like what it was, rather than misrepresenting it.
Snow White wrote:@CDB. Ill say what i feel. Its more dangerous to not say what you feel if you are town. Because if it all ends and your thoughts were right then you end up kicking yourself. Do you not agree CDB?
I'm kind of not sure why you ask this question. Have I suggested that you shouldn't say what you feel?

Anyway, yes, I think it's important to express your thoughts, and it's rarely pro-town to hold them back (though there are some exceptions to this), but you have to put them in context. See the case above, where it's not right for you to treat DTF's vote like the hammervote because you think it "might as well have been". The facts are always more valid than opinion.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:18 am

dothefandango wrote:Well shouldn't the people that LEAD the bandwagon be looked at a little more closely then? Oh wait, that was YOU CDB.
Also, I'm going to unvote, vote: Kard. Why did you OMGUS vote CP? Town's job is to be finding scum - how did that help towards that goal?
VOTE CDB
Context is important here. I made my vote because I was suspicious of Kard's OMGUS vote, and I wanted him to explain why he did it. I didn't say that we should lynch him then and there for it, I was using my vote to try and determine whether or not I thought Kard was scum. Your vote, however, was devoid of that purpose. It was made apparently because you were told to vote, without a reason behind it, so it was clearly not part of an attempt on your behalf to determine whether or not you thought Kard was scum.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:22 am

Also - it's only scummy to make a vote on a town player if the reason for voting is poor. I don't think you can argue that my vote was a poor one considering that Kard's behaviour was strange and warranted explanation of motive, and you certainly can't argue that my vote was a worse one than yours.
#greenshirtthursdays
dothefandango
dothefandango
Goon
dothefandango
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:31 am

Post by dothefandango »

I'll admit, my vote was awful. But there is nothing I can do that can bring him back. I can
UNVOTE
you, however. Sorry for vote-flopping like this, but I'm trying not to let my fear of being lynched overcome my logic.

What I want to point out is that I had no idea Kard would do what he did. That's crazy.
oh yup
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:37 am

No, I don't hold you responsible for Kard's play. My vote stands, though - admitting your vote was bad doesn't make it less so. At this stage I think you're the most likely scum (but obviously, discussion is good! I don't want you lynched yet).
#greenshirtthursdays
dothefandango
dothefandango
Goon
dothefandango
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:43 am

Post by dothefandango »

Fair enough. I hope I can eventually convince you otherwise.

The reason I brought up that I didn't know that Kard would do that also made that I had no room for explanation as soon as he voted for himself. I assumed someone would question me, like they had before, and I would be able to show them why I voted why I did. But then the suicide vote killed discussion for the night.
oh yup
Kichirou
Kichirou
Townie
Kichirou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Kichirou »

I'm not quite sure what you two are talking about but I have my own theories
Vote: crazypianist1116
Isn't it the brevity of the flame that makes it beautiful?
dothefandango
dothefandango
Goon
dothefandango
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:22 am

Post by dothefandango »

And what are your suspicions?
oh yup
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by crazypianist1116 »

2 votes on me without any real evidence...interesting. I think both of you need to back up your points more as votes without good reasoning are pretty much pointless. Either way, I think DTF is the most suspicious because of CDB's reasons. I'll
Vote:DoTheFandango
now and post more later.
dothefandango
dothefandango
Goon
dothefandango
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:26 pm

Post by dothefandango »

I'm most confused by your own claim of two people that automatically triggered you without you saying one thing, and you focus on me? I can't tell you how foolish that seems. You have to play instant offense.
oh yup
dothefandango
dothefandango
Goon
dothefandango
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:27 pm

Post by dothefandango »

Even more, that makes me even more suspicious of you sir... FOS: CrazyPianist
oh yup
CancerBottle
CancerBottle
Goon
CancerBottle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by CancerBottle »

dothefandango wrote:
@Dothefandango. First you say your bored and want to get someone voted off to speed the process of the game, now you say that you were bullied into voting. Can you make up your mind?
I'm saying how I felt when I posted and voted. I felt like A.) The game was not progressing, and that
B.) I was being obstinate in my motive to not vote for a L-2+ suspect, and C.) that you guys were looking at me not voting as more suspicious than anything.
Apparently I was wrong on all counts.

So I guess I was bored, curious, and pressured all at the same time. I did not vote for him in haste, I put up the biggest fight out of anyone besides you Snow White. In the end, I obviously should have listened to you, but hindsight is 20/20.
I can't speak for the others, but I was wondering why you we keeping your vote on me, when you plainly said your vote was "to mix things up." So I can infer from that, that you didn't think I was scummy. Yet you kept your vote on me.

Would you mind answering this, Dothefandango:
CancerBottle wrote:
Dothefandagngo: why did you say CDB and myself were equally suspicious in the town's eyes when when we each only had ONE non-random vote. Why did you not include FoShizzle in your "equally suspicious lineup" when he also had only one non-random vote?
Now the rest of us are wondering how you went from this:
dothefandango wrote:I think this all much aqdo about nothing. Someone needs to go so we can get this game on the road.
To this:
dothefandango wrote:If you noticed in the beginning, I pointed at Kard initially when I thought he was the most suspicious, with no reasons beyond my own opinion and a gut instinct. Then when it became clear that people were using other's crazy reasoning, I didn't feel it proper for someone to be bandwagon'd on Day 1.

I keep my vote where it is until I actually have motive to move it.
And finally to this:
dothefandango wrote:ERGH tired of talking in circles about this, but
KARD
seems like your time is now...

Vote KARD

As per the rules, this vote counts. Bold tags fixed. - Mod.

I have a hard time believing my two posts urging you to take your vote off me "bullied" you. While it's nice to know I have that sort of persuasive power, I'm not sure that I buy it.

However, you have said something I agree with wholeheartedly:
dothefandango wrote:And what are your suspicions?
Indeed, Kichirou, what are your suspicions?

Vote: Kichirou
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston Churchill
dothefandango
dothefandango
Goon
dothefandango
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by dothefandango »

It wasn't about keeping it on you, it was about just not voting. I should have unvoted. You were clearly in no danger and I didn't mean to keep the heat on you like that.
oh yup
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

I can't believe I didn't get prodded.
Anyway, I'm on vacation, so after today I won't be able to post util 2 days from now, just to let you know.

The reason I voted for crazypianist was because I miscounted the votes, in other words, there was no real reason for me to vote for him. Yet.
Isn't that funny? hahahahaha. heeee.
I guess not.

Anyway, I'm voting for dothefandango
. You can ask why if you want, but I don't want to get prodded right now, so I better post quick.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:32 pm

Unvote
as DTF is at L-1 which could lead to a mafia quicklynch (that is if bgg's vote is counted). I promise an analysis within a few hours.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:30 am

So much stuff has happened. A lot of it surprised me. But I have made a few observations.

Vote: Snow White

Meji Fan was the sole person to vote for Snow White. Snow White, seeing that Meji Fan was the only one who suspected her, would want to kill Meji Fan to cut out those suspicions. Additionally, her vote for me is very suspicious.
Snow White wrote:vote crazy pianist who co-incidentally had a vote on Kard. Say what!?!?!??
Shouldn't you be just as suspicious about CancerBottle, ChannelDelibird, and Dothefandango as well? They all had votes on Kard "coincidentally" when Kard voted for himself. The only thing is, our votes weren't coincidental; we gave reasons for our votes. The only one who didn't was DTF. Shouldn't you be pointing your finger at him?
Also, who votes and unvotes the same person in the same post? This seems rather pointless. You could just FoS a person and then ask for their explanation of something.

I think DTF is very suspicious today as well. In day 1 he barely talked at all, yet when he made a reason-less vote which caused a lynch, he talks a ton.
dothefandango wrote:I'm most confused by your own claim of two people that automatically triggered you without you saying one thing, and you focus on me? I can't tell you how foolish that seems. You have to play instant offense
But I didn't. I clearly voted for you because of ChannelDeliBird's reasons. A vote that essentially caused a lynch is different from 2 votes that will not cause a lynch.
Kichirou wrote:I'm not quite sure what you two are talking about but I have my own theories Vote: crazypianist1116
I too would like to hear why you're voting for me. I don't think CancerBottle needed to vote just to hear your reasons though, he could have merely asked you.
bgg1996 wrote:The reason I voted for crazypianist was because I miscounted the votes, in other words, there was no real reason for me to vote for him. Yet.
Isn't that funny? hahahahaha. heeee.
I guess not.
Votes shouldn't be funny. Votes should be serious.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”