Newbie 813 - Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Pancho
Pancho
Townie
Pancho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:10 am

Post by Pancho »

Hmmm... It seems like a

Vote: BigBear

is in order. How dare you have a beautiful day when it is so stinking hot where I live. Seems scummy to me...
Pancho
Pancho
Townie
Pancho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:19 pm

Post by Pancho »

rolandgarros wrote:Hey all! It's not July 31st o_O
Um... So... ?

Unvote; Vote: Rolandgarros
for pointing out the obvious...

That is even more scummy than having nice weather...
Pancho
Pancho
Townie
Pancho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:32 pm

Post by Pancho »

Lol... wow guys... wow...

And to answer your question Santos:

unvote; vote: Santos

The random voting is only over when people want it to be over... I personally love this stage of the game and would hate to see it end so soon.

You can't be serious, can you? Do you really think any voting done so far has been "deliberate"? Total weaksauce.
Pancho
Pancho
Townie
Pancho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (isolation #3) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:24 am

Post by Pancho »

santos wrote:Pancho, how are you still random with now 3 votes?
The fact that you guys are making me spell out my random voting shenanigans is astounding.

Vote one - based on weather...

Vote two - based on someone pointing out the obvious about the date (yes I know what the significance of the date is, I knew what it was when I placed the vote too, that is a part of why I voted, it is the first thing in the first post, people need to read), which
is
more scummy than having nice weather... :roll:

Vote three - based on santos being both wrong and ridiculous. If you honestly thought that the second vote was serious or based on some perceived scumminess I was picking up from roland then you need help my friend.

Vote four - coming soon... in fact

Unvote; Vote Shrinehme
because why the heck not.

Not a single one of these votes has been because I thought the person in question deserved a vote, like most random voting it is done with an eye toward forcing conversations (which I suppose I succeeded in doing, just really not the conversations I would expect).
rolandgarros wrote:I'm quite surprised by Pancho's jumpiness though... Not to mention that Santos didn't even place a vote on Pancho, nor an official FOS.

Question, Pancho are you still random voting with your vote on Santos?
Santos wrote:I thought about fingering him, but then decided to just ask a simple question.
Really? You guys really would consider fingering someone, not jokingly or randomly, but for real, over a post made within the first 15 posts of the game... lol... I'm just not able to understand the logic in that. If you guys want the random voting to end quickly that is fine I suppose, but I'm just not used to it ending this early in the game.
BigBear wrote:So does that vote have a reason? Do you think we're still in the RVS? Do I think your voting was deliberate, yes... you did type them didn't you? you chose for those players to be voted. Why do you want the RVS to keep going? I really do not enjoy the RVS. I'd rather get the game moving personally. But whatever.
So does this vote have a reason?
Now you are just getting into semantics... All votes have a reason, obviously. Even the most random of votes is there for a reason. Yes I typed the names and hit enter, so they were "deliberate" as far as that goes. Were they because I felt they were scummy? Were they because I'm trying to throw the town off the trail of the scum? I would have hoped the answer to both those questions was obvious (no, not in the least), but by virtue of the fact that we are discussing it further it seems they weren't.

Why do I want to keep the RVS going? You learn quite a bit about someone during this phase (I think I've picked up a few gems already). I've always felt that the game
does
move along during this phase, quite a bit actually. But it seems that I am in the minority on that at the moment, so I'll relent my desire to keep the random voting up (I'll drop my current vote in a later post, so it can have
some
meaning, I'll let you decide what that meaning is... {I really wish there was a shifty eyed emoticon... lol})

woo, that was a lot wordier that I expected that post to be...
Pancho
Pancho
Townie
Pancho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by Pancho »

rolandgarros wrote:That's certainly a good point, and it may be worth giving Pancho the benefit of the doubt. After all, if he was any good at being scum, he would have attracted too much attention to himself already, which I don't think is much beneficial to any scum. This is assuming, of course, that Pancho knows what he's doing, but it's an assumption I'd have to make in this case.

On the other hand, Pancho may have just made a mistake and gotten himself into a situation that as a possible scum (which everybody is at this point) would not really help. His fourth vote seems like a good way of getting out of the limelight, but it is legitimate, so this option is a bit less likely in my opinion.

With that said, however, I'd like Pancho to respond and see what he thinks. I may be pushing semantics a bit, but something about the way weepingwind started off this post made it seem a bit too defensive for Pancho, but it's just a thought.

lol... You think that adding another vote to the end of my voting chain is a
good
way to take the spotlight off of me... That is kind of awesome...

It is posts like this that make it so l can't decide if some of you guys are being serious or just screwing around waiting for something to actually happen...

Anywho, I don't really know what you want me to respond to, as no one at all has addressed me since my last post, but rather you, big bear, and santos seem to be grilling everyone else about me (lol, what kills me is that they are still just random voting, which is what got you guys on me).

I've got very little to say at this point other than

Unvote

though I am actually getting close to wanting to lay a real vote down... but will refrain till there is just a little more content by the party in question to weigh my opinion against... (that means post more folks...)
Pancho
Pancho
Townie
Pancho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:50 am

Post by Pancho »

BigBear wrote:Have you read any of the thread yet? (i'm not intending this to be OMGUS or anything.) I for one, would say that we are out of the RVS. I want to know what you think of Pancho jumping all over the place.

We're two pages in, we need more content! I expect WoT's already!!!
BigBear wrote:why not vote him? Do you really think that I'm going to let us lynch this player, with 2+ random votes on him?
With no reason whatsoever given as to why you placed this vote, it seems very much like you are being a hypocrite here. Got to say I'm not too happy with someone who claims to want the random voting stage to be done with dropping a third vote on someone with what appears to be no rhyme or reason... Mind voicing your reasons there, Big Bear?
rolandgarros wrote:I meant that posting another random vote after that vote was possibly to show that you were simply just random voting and to prove your intentions. Otherwise, why would you have added that last vote?

And I wanted you to sound off on what WeepingWind wrote.
Did you actually read my post with that fourth vote in it at all? You know, because this post really makes it look like the answer is no...

As far as what WeepingWind wrote, I don't see what you are trying to say is wrong with it.

While I'm on this subject...
rolandgarros wrote:On the other hand, Pancho may have just made a mistake and gotten himself into a situation that as a possible scum (which everybody is at this point) would not really help. His fourth vote seems like a good way of getting out of the limelight,
but it is legitimate
, so this option is a bit less likely in my opinion.
What do you mean 'but it is legitimate'? My reason for the vote was stated as "why the heck not", so I am genuinely curious as to what you are talking about here.
Pancho
Pancho
Townie
Pancho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:58 pm

Post by Pancho »

BigBear wrote:Come on, how do your two paragraphs relate to anything? i do not find Pancho's voting pattern suspicious, and i voted aqua... anything else you want me to say? You mention that I also that I unvoted without saying anything, wasn't I still on my RVS vote? Why is it so bad that I changed to a vote with a reason? If you're asking me why I voted, i have a very real reason, for which I will hold off from revealing at the moment. Could you also explain the bolded?
Pancho wrote:
With no reason whatsoever given as to why you placed this vote, it seems very much like you are being a hypocrite here. Got to say I'm not too happy with someone who claims to want the random voting stage to be done with dropping a third vote on someone with what appears to be no rhyme or reason... Mind voicing your reasons there, Big Bear?
of course I have a reason, but is it the opportune time for me to give the reason? In order for me to do what I want to do, i have to keep my agenda hidden for the time being, i will reveal it all in due time. Don't worry. but what I will give off at the moment, something that you were doing Pancho, lead me to do this.
The problem here is that you were still in the random voting phase, by your own admission, until your unvote. I am not against putting a vote up without sharing your reasoning in general as I understand that many times there are good reasons to not share what you are thinking until there is some form of response from
someone
, but in this case you have moved from a random vote to an unquantified vote and I think you will have to agree that it looks as though it was still a random vote. I am willing to drop it for now as I don't want to pressure you to divulge your reasoning now that you have stated that there
is
some reasoning, you just need to understand that the manner in which you did this seems rather disingenuous with no explanation on your part.
Pancho
Pancho
Townie
Pancho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:37 am

Post by Pancho »

This is kind of the point I'm making, don't you see? You say you think we are done with it, but then say you were still on your RVS vote. In my quote of you it says 'wasn't I still on my RVS vote'. And from there you move on to an unsubstantiated vote which, up until you were forced to say 'hey guys, I've got my reasons' looked for all intents and purposes like a random vote.
Pancho
Pancho
Townie
Pancho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by Pancho »

I'm getting the feeling that you are either just missing what I'm saying entirely or you are intentionally playing dumb. In either case it doesn't really matter as I already said I'd withhold asking for an explanation for the time being to wait for some responses from the rest. (and no, it wasn't me who questioned you in the first place about your unvote, I just noticed some incongruities...)
Pancho
Pancho
Townie
Pancho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:47 am

Post by Pancho »

BigBear wrote:That one. Could you point out a post where I said that we were still in the RVS?
BigBear wrote:Come on, how do your two paragraphs relate to anything? i do not find Pancho's voting pattern suspicious, and i voted aqua... anything else you want me to say? You mention that I also that I unvoted without saying anything,
wasn't I still on my RVS vote?
Why is it so bad that I changed to a vote with a reason? If you're asking me why I voted, i have a very real reason, for which I will hold off from revealing at the moment. Could you also explain the bolded?
It really doesn't matter to me that you have said quite a bit back that you feel we are out of the random voting stage, as long as you still have your RVS vote on, you were still in the random voting stage... moving from this vote to a vote with no reason makes it look like you are
still
random voting, but I don't think you'll get it as I've said this like 3 times now. This must be what insanity is... lol, I keep doing the same thing and expecting some different response from you...
Pancho
Pancho
Townie
Pancho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #146 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:26 am

Post by Pancho »

Wow, ok, so I'm not thrilled with peabody right now, I really kinda wanted there to be more discussion prior to that lynch, but that has been stated a few times already so no need to retread that ground.
egruntz wrote:I find Peabody's defense reasonable and believable. For a good while I didn't know what L-1 and such meant either. Also, Santos appeared very scumlike. I definitely would've done the same, casting the final vote. We shouldn't go after Peabody for making the lynch happen; in fact, no one should be afraid to cast the final vote. We thought that Santos was Mafia, and so we voted for him. That's all there is to it, and nothing else can be said about it.
I disagree with this mentality immensely... There were posts from a total of 4 people, that's less than half of us, from the time the L-1 vote went on to the lynch. There should have been at least a little more discussion from everyone involved. There was plenty more to be said imo.
Pancho
Pancho
Townie
Pancho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (isolation #11) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:17 am

Post by Pancho »

Hey there, sorry, work got the better of me (3 double shifts in a row), but I should be back on here more often now.

Anywho, Bigbear, before I'd answer you, I'd like to hear you answer your own question. You seem to have a habit of not really divulging any opinion about a situation and instead ask what others feel. I personally don't think anyone should answer your questions till you shed some light yourself. Of your many posts this game surprisingly few of them have any content really related to the game. Many are coaching and 'helpful hints', or just mafia theory discussion, or questions for other players, but there are only like 3 or 4 posts where you actually commit to an opinion about things going on in the game.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”