Newbie 813 - Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:34 pm

Post by Santos »

I thought about fingering him, but then decided to just ask a simple question.

From his vote towards me I interpreted the following:

1) I don't believe him to still be random even though he says he is.
2) His vote on me feels like an OMGUS, even though its obviously not.
3) His risk to draw this much attention to himself is either a brave townie, or a newb scum.
a) Scums don't usually want to draw attention to themselves by voting around the playing field
b) Townies switching votes a lot have nothing to lose; and therefor are 'brave'
c) scum or town: he is playing around.
Pancho wrote:unvote; vote: Santos...
So what is the point of the '...' ? Do you have something more to say at a later time?

Pancho, how are you still random with now 3 votes?
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
BigBear
BigBear
Goon
BigBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:58 am

Post by BigBear »

Santos wrote:I thought about fingering him, but then decided to just ask a simple question.

From his vote towards me I interpreted the following:

1) I don't believe him to still be random even though he says he is.
yes

2) His vote on me feels like an OMGUS, even though its obviously not.
yes, i believe it is.

3) His risk to draw this much attention to himself is either a brave townie, or a newb scum.
Probably town. Too much jumping around. I agree with A.

a) Scums don't usually want to draw attention to themselves by voting around the playing field
Yes and no.

b) Townies switching votes a lot have nothing to lose; and therefor are 'brave'
c) scum or town: he is playing around.
Pancho wrote:unvote; vote: Santos...
So what is the point of the '...' ? Do you have something more to say at a later time?

Pancho, how are you still random with now 3 votes?
Sorry, i had to write in orange :( I also agree with B and C, but those are usually common knowledge.
Santos wrote:
Unvote

Pancho wrote:Hmmm... It seems like a

Vote: BigBear

is in order. How dare you have a beautiful day when it is so stinking hot where I live.
Seems scummy to me...
Pancho wrote:Um... So... ?

Unvote; Vote: Rolandgarros for pointing out the obvious...

That is even
more scummy than having nice weather
So it seems BigBear's vote was random. Now the vote on Rolandgarros seems more deliberate and not random. Are you done with random voting, Pancho?
Do you mean the vote on me?
Pancho wrote:Lol... wow guys... wow...

And to answer your question Santos:http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/posting. ... &p=1759610

unvote; vote: Santos

The random voting is only over when people want it to be over... I personally love this stage of the game and would hate to see it end so soon.

You can't be serious, can you? Do you really think any voting done so far has been "deliberate"? Total weaksauce.
So does that vote have a reason? Do you think we're still in the RVS? Do I think your voting was deliberate, yes... you did type them didn't you? you chose for those players to be voted. Why do you want the RVS to keep going? I really do not enjoy the RVS. I'd rather get the game moving personally. But whatever.
So does this vote have a reason?
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:15 am

Post by TDC »

Vote CountSantos (2): Shrinehme, Pancho
WeepingWind (1): BigBear
DeeJayCee (1): aQuafr3sh
aQuafr3sh (1): SunBunD33
SunBunD33 (1): WeepingWind

Not Voting (3): DeeJayCee, rolandgarros, Santos
Last edited by TDC on Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:09 am

Post by Santos »

I'm not sure what's up.
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
Pancho
Pancho
Townie
Pancho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:24 am

Post by Pancho »

santos wrote:Pancho, how are you still random with now 3 votes?
The fact that you guys are making me spell out my random voting shenanigans is astounding.

Vote one - based on weather...

Vote two - based on someone pointing out the obvious about the date (yes I know what the significance of the date is, I knew what it was when I placed the vote too, that is a part of why I voted, it is the first thing in the first post, people need to read), which
is
more scummy than having nice weather... :roll:

Vote three - based on santos being both wrong and ridiculous. If you honestly thought that the second vote was serious or based on some perceived scumminess I was picking up from roland then you need help my friend.

Vote four - coming soon... in fact

Unvote; Vote Shrinehme
because why the heck not.

Not a single one of these votes has been because I thought the person in question deserved a vote, like most random voting it is done with an eye toward forcing conversations (which I suppose I succeeded in doing, just really not the conversations I would expect).
rolandgarros wrote:I'm quite surprised by Pancho's jumpiness though... Not to mention that Santos didn't even place a vote on Pancho, nor an official FOS.

Question, Pancho are you still random voting with your vote on Santos?
Santos wrote:I thought about fingering him, but then decided to just ask a simple question.
Really? You guys really would consider fingering someone, not jokingly or randomly, but for real, over a post made within the first 15 posts of the game... lol... I'm just not able to understand the logic in that. If you guys want the random voting to end quickly that is fine I suppose, but I'm just not used to it ending this early in the game.
BigBear wrote:So does that vote have a reason? Do you think we're still in the RVS? Do I think your voting was deliberate, yes... you did type them didn't you? you chose for those players to be voted. Why do you want the RVS to keep going? I really do not enjoy the RVS. I'd rather get the game moving personally. But whatever.
So does this vote have a reason?
Now you are just getting into semantics... All votes have a reason, obviously. Even the most random of votes is there for a reason. Yes I typed the names and hit enter, so they were "deliberate" as far as that goes. Were they because I felt they were scummy? Were they because I'm trying to throw the town off the trail of the scum? I would have hoped the answer to both those questions was obvious (no, not in the least), but by virtue of the fact that we are discussing it further it seems they weren't.

Why do I want to keep the RVS going? You learn quite a bit about someone during this phase (I think I've picked up a few gems already). I've always felt that the game
does
move along during this phase, quite a bit actually. But it seems that I am in the minority on that at the moment, so I'll relent my desire to keep the random voting up (I'll drop my current vote in a later post, so it can have
some
meaning, I'll let you decide what that meaning is... {I really wish there was a shifty eyed emoticon... lol})

woo, that was a lot wordier that I expected that post to be...
Shrinehme
Shrinehme
Goon
Shrinehme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:39 pm

Post by Shrinehme »

I don't fully agree with his saying that the RVS is worth dawdling through. Though, whether he intended for it or not [and judging from his above post, it was], Pancho's vote-switching
did
incite discussion.
It seemed a bit obvious to me that he was still random voting.
DeeJayCee
DeeJayCee
Townie
DeeJayCee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:56 pm

Post by DeeJayCee »

Heyo soz for not voting in a while I just got FABLE 2 For 360 and I was playing it it's fun!

Anyway, VOTE: aQuafResh,
You have misunderstood what my user is for,DeeJayCee is in fact my INITIALS!DJC BRO!
aQuafr3sh
aQuafr3sh
Townie
aQuafr3sh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:22 am

Post by aQuafr3sh »

After many a sleepless night I have made a decision:

Unvote; Vote: BigBear

He is a bear, and he is big. . . Sounds scummy to me.
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Santos »

But he is not a manbearpig and personally, I'm quite proud of having a big bear on my state flag. So I don't 'hear' how a big bear is scummy.

aQuafr3sh
aQuafr3sh
Townie
aQuafr3sh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:18 am

Post by aQuafr3sh »

Santos wrote:But he is not a manbearpig and personally, I'm quite proud of having a big bear on my state flag. So I don't 'hear' how a big bear is scummy.
This is usually the words of people that have not been mauled by big bears yet.
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by Santos »

In most cases, the people getting mauled shouldn't have bothered the bear. Its not the bear's fault. Its his nature. So yeah, having not been mauled by a bear I still don't see why they are scummy.

Do you agree with Pancho, aquafresh?

BigBear
BigBear
Goon
BigBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by BigBear »

aQuafr3sh wrote:After many a sleepless night I have made a decision:

Unvote; Vote: BigBear

He is a bear, and he is big. . . Sounds scummy to me.
Have you read any of the thread yet? (i'm not intending this to be OMGUS or anything.) I for one, would say that we are out of the RVS. I want to know what you think of Pancho jumping all over the place.

We're two pages in, we need more content! I expect WoT's already!!!
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:38 am

Post by Santos »

Mod, I believe DeeJayCee needs some coaching. Can we also get a vote count please?

TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:28 am

Post by TDC »

Vote CountSantos (1): Shrinehme
WeepingWind (1): BigBear
aQuafr3sh (1): SunBunD33
SunBunD33 (1): WeepingWind
Shrinehme (1): Pancho
BigBear (1): aQuafr3sh

Not Voting (3): DeeJayCee, rolandgarros, Santos

DeeJayCee: Make sure your votes are bolded or they won't count. If you're unsure how to bold things or have any other questions, feel free to ask me by PM. That goes for everyone of course.
Shrinehme
Shrinehme
Goon
Shrinehme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:17 pm

Post by Shrinehme »

*tumbleweed rolls by*
I'd like to hear more opinions about Pancho's "jumpiness" earlier, or about the responses to it.
Rolandgarros, WeepingWind, SunBunD33...?
DeeJayCee
DeeJayCee
Townie
DeeJayCee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:12 pm

Post by DeeJayCee »

Okay sorry guys this is mai first game here kk...

vote:aQuafr3sh
rolandgarros
rolandgarros
Goon
rolandgarros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:16 am

Post by rolandgarros »

Shrinehme wrote:*tumbleweed rolls by*
I'd like to hear more opinions about Pancho's "jumpiness" earlier, or about the responses to it.
Rolandgarros, WeepingWind, SunBunD33...?
I'm personally waiting for somebody to answer BigBear's question, which is quite legitimate I would say.
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:26 am

Post by Santos »

I think the question was directed at Aquafresh.

BigBear
BigBear
Goon
BigBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:59 am

Post by BigBear »

Santos wrote:I think the question was directed at Aquafresh.
Correct, but my implications could be applied to anyone in this game (that hasn't already answered, Rolando already did, post 24, well, remotely answered. Some further insight wouldn't hurt.)

aQuafr3sh
SunBunD33
WeepingWing

I would like these three players to answer my question on post 36, and would LOVE to get more content from all of them.

Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:08 am

Post by Santos »

i c wut u did ther

WeepingWind
WeepingWind
Townie
WeepingWind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:34 am

Post by WeepingWind »

BigBear wrote:I want to know what you think of Pancho jumping all over the place.
It really just shows that he isn't suspicious of anyone, or is suspicious of everyone, and doesn't know where to place his vote. There's nothing wrong with this, until it comes down to the actual lynch. A vocal player's indecision might affect the other players, and they too will become confused and mislynch. It could be intentional or unintentional, a townie or mafia trait, though it seems the scum prefer to stay in the shadows instead of attracting attention by any unusual acts.

There is no way that I can see for the swinging around of votes to indicate a role, though others may have different opinions.
rolandgarros
rolandgarros
Goon
rolandgarros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by rolandgarros »

WeepingWind wrote:
BigBear wrote:I want to know what you think of Pancho jumping all over the place.
It really just shows that he isn't suspicious of anyone, or is suspicious of everyone, and doesn't know where to place his vote. There's nothing wrong with this, until it comes down to the actual lynch. A vocal player's indecision might affect the other players, and they too will become confused and mislynch. It could be intentional or unintentional, a townie or mafia trait, though it seems the scum prefer to stay in the shadows instead of attracting attention by any unusual acts.

There is no way that I can see for the swinging around of votes to indicate a role, though others may have different opinions.
That's certainly a good point, and it may be worth giving Pancho the benefit of the doubt. After all, if he was any good at being scum, he would have attracted too much attention to himself already, which I don't think is much beneficial to any scum. This is assuming, of course, that Pancho knows what he's doing, but it's an assumption I'd have to make in this case.

On the other hand, Pancho may have just made a mistake and gotten himself into a situation that as a possible scum (which everybody is at this point) would not really help. His fourth vote seems like a good way of getting out of the limelight, but it is legitimate, so this option is a bit less likely in my opinion.

With that said, however, I'd like Pancho to respond and see what he thinks. I may be pushing semantics a bit, but something about the way weepingwind started off this post made it seem a bit too defensive for Pancho, but it's just a thought.
rolandgarros
rolandgarros
Goon
rolandgarros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:17 pm

Post by rolandgarros »

Oh, and sorry about the accidental bbcode at the beginning of my post; I'm used to posting that way in another forum. Mod, can you possibly edit the "
" out of my last post and delete this post? Thanks.
Pancho
Pancho
Townie
Pancho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by Pancho »

rolandgarros wrote:That's certainly a good point, and it may be worth giving Pancho the benefit of the doubt. After all, if he was any good at being scum, he would have attracted too much attention to himself already, which I don't think is much beneficial to any scum. This is assuming, of course, that Pancho knows what he's doing, but it's an assumption I'd have to make in this case.

On the other hand, Pancho may have just made a mistake and gotten himself into a situation that as a possible scum (which everybody is at this point) would not really help. His fourth vote seems like a good way of getting out of the limelight, but it is legitimate, so this option is a bit less likely in my opinion.

With that said, however, I'd like Pancho to respond and see what he thinks. I may be pushing semantics a bit, but something about the way weepingwind started off this post made it seem a bit too defensive for Pancho, but it's just a thought.

lol... You think that adding another vote to the end of my voting chain is a
good
way to take the spotlight off of me... That is kind of awesome...

It is posts like this that make it so l can't decide if some of you guys are being serious or just screwing around waiting for something to actually happen...

Anywho, I don't really know what you want me to respond to, as no one at all has addressed me since my last post, but rather you, big bear, and santos seem to be grilling everyone else about me (lol, what kills me is that they are still just random voting, which is what got you guys on me).

I've got very little to say at this point other than

Unvote

though I am actually getting close to wanting to lay a real vote down... but will refrain till there is just a little more content by the party in question to weigh my opinion against... (that means post more folks...)
rolandgarros
rolandgarros
Goon
rolandgarros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:20 pm

Post by rolandgarros »

I meant that posting another random vote after that vote was possibly to show that you were simply just random voting and to prove your intentions. Otherwise, why would you have added that last vote?

And I wanted you to sound off on what WeepingWind wrote.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”