Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:39 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

semioldguy wrote: Why do you find Kise to be likely town? I find him suspicious for his playing dumb when I know he is a better player and his poor handling of his role/claim.
I think that he is a town because it was a claim that wasn't really necessary. I find that generally scum do not false claim power roles just out of the blue, because that can lead to problems.

But in Kise's case there was an advantage -- to discourage the cop from investigating him. But, I think we can say that Kise wasn't about to get investigated by the cop anytime soon because of the presence of more scummy people around, so again there was no need for the claim.

Porochaz: I am voting for people who I think are most likely town right now (apart from people who got boosted)
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:42 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

Sir Tornado wrote: Porochaz: I am voting for people who I think are most likely town right now (apart from people who got boosted)
Obviously, I mean "boosting" here, because otherwise this doesn't make sense.
I'm back!
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:23 pm

Post by Kise »

@KMD, Poro & zwet -->
Sajin wrote:But I consider getting 3 boosts today more important than quick lynching without it and therefore have changed my boost vote. I think you are far too worried about boosting scum.
Any boost is better than no boost.
While yes, a boost on scum is worse than a boost on a town, its 1: A lesser chance
2: More likely that we can boost a town the next day, thus I advocate boosting 3 other people rather than the 1 of the same ones from today. (I would rather have multiple standard PRs avaliable, then a super XX PR that has a kill me now flag on him or is scum)
Disagree?

We need a general consensus as far as how/who to boost, por favor.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:34 pm

Post by Kise »

I'm boosting [mainly] to spread the wealth around. Sajin has made a lot of content posts, so he's very deserving. BM was the next highest boost-wagon, so went with him by default. As I said earlier, my 3rd boost-vote will go to the other highest wagon.

Yet…
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:35 pm

Post by Empking »

Vote: Mastin

Waiting for Miller's big post.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:45 pm

Post by Kise »

After reading how things went in BM1, I understand why SirT believed boosting him would do nothing. But, who knows. Things may be different here for VTs. Only way to find out is by boosting him.

Boost: Porochaz

Yet…
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:17 am

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

cateraction (1) -- millar13
Mastin (4) -- Kmd4390, OhGodMyLife, Sir Tornado, Empking
millar13 (3) -- cateraction, semioldguy, Porochaz
OhGodMyLife (1) -- Sajin

Not voting: populartajo, Mastin, Wiirdo, MissTake, zwetschenwasser, Battle Mage, Kise
16 alive, 9 to lynch.

Boosting

Kise (1) -- Sajin
Battle Mage (3) -- Sajin, Kise, Empking
Porochaz (5) -- Sajin, Sir Tornado, Empking, MissTake, Kise
Sajin (5) -- Kmd4390, cateraction, Sir Tornado, Kise, semioldguy
MissTake (2) -- Kmd4390, OhGodMyLife
Kmd4390 (5) -- cateraction, OhGodMyLife, Empking, millar13, MissTake
populartajo (1) -- millar13
semioldguy (1) -- OhGodMyLife
zwetschenwasser (1) -- millar13
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:36 am

Post by millar13 »

semioldguy wrote:
Boost: MissTake

I like puns.

Boost: OhGodMyLife

Someone with that username sounds like they could use a boost.

Vote: Mufasa

He died in The Lion King.
At post 10, this may just seem like yet another random vote, at this point we have to assume it is.
cateraction wrote:So annoying, not helpful.

Vote: ConsonantM
If I am right, this was cateraction first post, @ 81. Lurking for a while, and then given a poor reason to vote when random stage has clearly long gone.
semioldguy wrote:My random vote can now be considered a serious vote.

Unboost: MissTake
Unboost: OhGodMyLife
A very subtle post from semioldguy, telling us what we already knew. Gives off the vibe “I am naturally a good scum-hunter”

ConsonantM wrote:Scum suspects:

Semi,
Wiirdo,
Mufasa,
Kise.

Easy win.
This was a bad bad if ConsM/Mastin is scum. The likelihood is that he put a scum-mate in the list, just to cover his tracks 'so too speak'. Another technique for showing yourself as a potential “good scum-hunter”.

Papa Zito wrote:Arrite, re-read done.

Boost: Tajo

Also...

FoS: cateraction
for having 2 posts of just votes and boosts
FoS: millar13
for buddying to KMD
FoS: Wiirdo
for his patterned boosts and 14 posts of only "why me?" and mechanics discussion
FoS: zwetschenwasser
for boosting me while calling me scum (?!)
@ post 215, Papa Zito made a point that Cateraction had only posted twice up until this point. Lurking much?
cateraction wrote:What about BloodCovenant? He's been lurking just as hardcore as me.
Cateraction instantly seems to post @ 231, which suggest he was reading the game and therefore actively lurking. Active Lurking; is often seen as a scum-tactic Still doesn't given any reason.
cateraction wrote:This is why my vote is still on him.
He then makes a point, of why is vote is still on ConsM @ 248. This means that his vote is no longer on him for “So annoying, not helpful” and is now agreeing with other people argument on ConsM/Mastin (this is no longer a RANDOM VOTE)

cateraction wrote:I'm voting him purely outside of any win condition. He makes the game unenjoyable for me. The long posts full of meaninglessness are "this". I admit that this may not be the most pro-town attitude, but I really don't care.
Then this post. OOC reasons are not in the interest of the town in any shape or form, killing off a town player with the hope for catching out scum-hunter is one thing. But for no reason, other than “annoyance is another”. Seems to revert to the “random vote” reason once more.
semioldguy wrote:Prod received. Rereading and I will try to get a post up by tonight, or sometime tomorrow if not tonight.
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: 285

Prodded. Could both Cateraction and semioldguy agreed to play a lurking game for day 1?
semioldguy wrote:
Kise wrote:M called you a lurker. True or false?
It’s been largely true in the majority of my games this past week, not just this one. I’ve made less posts this past week in all of my games when compared to my usual amount of posting. When I only have 10-15 minutes at a time to read and post, quickly looking at all my games I am going to choose the one that I can actually read and post during that 10-15 minutes. This game (as well as Death Note which I have also been horribly inactive in) haven’t been games that take 10-15 minutes to catch up and post in due to the amount of posts and the massive length of posts like ConsonantM’s.

@ConsonantM
I know for a fact I couldn’t have been on for those four hours straight. I always leave my browser open, it’s still on at home even when I am currently at work. Times when I am at my computer, posting on this site is not ever the only thing I am doing. If I have to I can find and take a picture of the receipt from buying bread, muffins and pumpkin pie at Ralph’s when I get home which has the time printed on it from during those four hours, proving that I couldn’t have been online that entire time.

When you quote-respond to this, please keep all complete sentences intact when you quote them.
Accused of being lurker five days after getting a prod. Very suspicious.
semioldguy wrote:Prod received. I have had no internet at home for several days, am at work and will catch up/post during lunch and/or breaks.

Apologies to all.
Yet another prod response, with no input in between.

semioldguy wrote:Sorry. Work today has been hectic and I am working through my breaks and was not able to catch up in all my games. I hope to get a chance to update either tonight or tomorrow morning. If there are any questions you have of me, please ask and I will try to get to them first.
More excuses, or doesn't appear so scummy. 1) Because he is using a reason that you can't harass. 2) ConsM/Mastin is refusing to post anything his defense and so overshadows semioldguy, I the same way Michael Jackson did to Farah Fawcett.
cateraction wrote:I am not voting because we were asked not to vote before the boost issue was resolved, my vote on conso has not changed since the beginning of the game.

You know what, scratch that.

Unboost; Boost: Populartajo
Unvote; Vote: Mufasa

L-2
When I really saw a scum-play from cateraction. He used the excuse of the post being from the start of the game but reverts back to it being 'a random vote' or 'being annoying' Seems very pleased with himself to have taken the vote to L-2, otherwise wouldn't have posted it.
cateraction wrote:Umm, if you recall, I was voting for Conso because he's annoying pain in the ass, not because I particularly thought either way about his alignment. Changing my vote to someone I think is scum is hardly scummy.
millar13 wrote:
cateraction wrote:Umm, if you recall, I was voting for Conso because he's annoying pain in the ass, not because I particularly thought either way about his alignment. Changing my vote to someone I think is scum is hardly scummy.
Without an actual reason, at this stage in the game it is
as scummy as hell
cateraction wrote:
millar13 wrote:
Without an actual reason, at this stage in the game it is
as scummy as hell
I agree with reasons others have put forth, and the final straw was that his defense was almost totally "Hey look at ConsoM!"

Perhaps you misunderstand what I meant by my vote on ConsoM, i didn't think one way or another about his alignment when I voted, he just annoyed me. I was then asked not to change my vote till the boosts were resolved. I resolved the boost, and then changed my vote.
millar13 wrote:I think it is important that people realize that Mufasa and ConsM have come off as scummy.

It is vital, that people pick up on who is voting for whom, to aid the town in the long run
Cateraction finally seems to want to post, but only when the person being accused is himself.
millar13 wrote:Switch accounts, is just another tactic though then isn't it. Isn't actually productively saving his own skin.
cateraction wrote:They're the same person. Who cares which account it is. Empking does it all the time, why are we even talking about this?
Someone is clearly on my back, (OMGUS without the vote so too speak) Plus Empking doesn't change accounts (so that is a lie) LIARS can't be trusted.
Empking wrote:
cateraction wrote:They're the same person. Who cares which account it is. Empking does it all the time, why are we even talking about this?
I don't replacer myself.
millar13 wrote:Wow so Empking doesn't replace himself....Cateraction you are
SCUM
Liars can not be trusted.
semioldguy wrote:As posted in my other games yesterday, I unexpectedly lost my internet last week. I am back and catching up.
Again?

My view is simple, semioldguy and Cateraction agreed to play the lurking game for Day1. Although, semioldguy is clearly much cleverer at doing it then his scum-mate. It was however, vital that they got their first vote down as early as possible on a player that was likely to be used for a wagon. Switching wagons, was useful as it make them seem not involved. I strong can guarantee that is one of them flips scum, so will the other.
Town Record: 6-6
Mafia Record: 1-2
Special Roles: 0-1
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:47 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Kise wrote:@KMD, Poro & zwet -->
Sajin wrote:But I consider getting 3 boosts today more important than quick lynching without it and therefore have changed my boost vote. I think you are far too worried about boosting scum.
While yes, a boost on scum is worse than a boost on a town, its 1: A lesser chance
2: More likely that we can boost a town the next day, thus I advocate boosting 3 other people rather than the 1 of the same ones from today. (I would rather have multiple standard PRs avaliable, then a super XX PR that has a kill me now flag on him or is scum)
Disagree?

Yes, we need three boosts each day. But if you think a player is scum, why would you boost
that
player? We need to boost the three towniest players each day.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:56 am

Post by Sajin »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Disagree?

Yes, we need three boosts each day. But if you think a player is scum, why would you boost
that
player? We need to boost the three towniest players each day.

This statemenet is bolded/taken out of context of course. If you really want me to clarify it should be quite obvious I intended to say that boosting a player at random is better than willingly not resolving a boost cause you were not *sure*. I said this when people were not willing to boost anybody.

I still advocate spreading boosts out over stacking them.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:06 am

Post by Porochaz »

millar13 wrote:
My view is simple, semioldguy and Cateraction agreed to play the lurking game for Day1. Although, semioldguy is clearly much cleverer at doing it then his scum-mate. It was however, vital that they got their first vote down as early as possible on a player that was likely to be used for a wagon. Switching wagons, was useful as it make them seem not involved. I strong can guarantee that is one of them flips scum, so will the other.
Not sure I understand this. Nowhere does it say scum get to talk before day 1. Generally if they do it is stated in the rules. So they couldnt have had interaction beforehand. The rest of your case I dont understand. You seem to be stating that they knew the main suspects beforehand. Your case (or at least your case summary) makes no sense whatsoever.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:49 am

Post by semioldguy »

@millar13
If I am lurking in every other of my games as much as I am in this one, what makes it a scum tell for this game? The excuses I've used in this game I have used in my other games as well. Feel free to go and check my posting history/frequency in my other games relative to this one.

And how would I know that Mufasa was likely going to become a wagon before he even posted or before anyone else even voted for him?
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by Kise »

Wow, millar... I think this is the most content you've posted in a game.. ever!

I can see that the Mastin wagon is being detracted. His constant need to ask me how his playstyle usually clears him as town (I think it was this thread, at least) was strange. Seemed like he was trying to get me to vouch for him, despite me also saying that I wasn't 100% if he was playing pro-town in this game. Biggest thing that caught my eye was in a few posts he that (about me in particular) where he throws out unproven accusations of me overreacting to being called a lurker.

I think we should come back to the other arguments tomorrow. More or less, the semi/cat/millar dilemma seems quasi-OMGUSy on millar's part.

Yet…
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by millar13 »

Thats not the most, but its probably Top 5.
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Kise wrote:Wow, millar... I think this is the most content you've posted in a game.. ever!

I can see that the Mastin wagon is being detracted. His constant need to ask me how his playstyle usually clears him as town (I think it was this thread, at least) was strange. Seemed like he was trying to get me to vouch for him, despite me also saying that I wasn't 100% if he was playing pro-town in this game. Biggest thing that caught my eye was in a few posts he that (about me in particular) where he throws out unproven accusations of me overreacting to being called a lurker.

I think we should come back to the other arguments tomorrow. More or less, the semi/cat/millar dilemma seems quasi-OMGUSy on millar's part.

So you want us to ignore it?
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by Kise »

No. Lynch Mastin, then focus on the other dilemma if it's still present tomorrow. millar is obviously on the losing end of the stick w/ 3 votes against him. Not to mention it looks like he's only suspecting the people who have voted for him. Between cat & millar, they both had hands in detracting from the Mastin wagon.

Maybe millar is right about SOG & cat..

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 12#1758812
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 10#1759010
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 26#1759026

Helping his scumbuddy justify the D1 vote? Who knows. Let's get Mastin first..

Yet…
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Kise wrote:No. Lynch Mastin, then focus on the other dilemma if it's still present tomorrow. millar is obviously on the losing end of the stick w/ 3 votes against him. Not to mention it looks like he's only suspecting the people who have voted for him. Between cat & millar, they both had hands in detracting from the Mastin wagon.

Maybe millar is right about SOG & cat..

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 12#1758812
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 10#1759010
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 26#1759026

Helping his scumbuddy justify the D1 vote? Who knows. Let's get Mastin first..
No. I think millar is worse at the moment.

Also the answer to my previous post is yes. You want me to lynch Mastin without looking into the other possibilities.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:24 pm

Post by Porochaz »

until tomorrow that is.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:34 pm

Post by Kise »

Yup, tomorrow. Not so much ignoring millar... more so holding off.

But, do your own thing. Surely there must be 4 others who will join the cause.

Yet…
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:48 pm

Post by millar13 »

I had already decided to vote for Cateraction yesterday Kise.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by Kise »

I noticed. Both you & cat were voting for each other D1, as a matter of fact. Still, you just recently come to speculate semi as scum after he votes for you. So, naturally, something doesn't smell right about it.

But, anyway, I'm sitting on Mastin's wagon with my arm outreached. Where's my "wife" when I need her[?]

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by Kise »

Correction...... neither of you voted for each other D1, but went back and forth.

I noticed you [millar] called Mastin scum. Despite feeling that cat is scum, has your viewpoint changed on Mastin being scum as well?

Yet…
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:42 pm

Post by millar13 »

Oh i think Cateraction and semioldguy are scum partners, and so if one flips then so will the other. Mastin....everyone knows his scum and I will tag on the wagon towards the end. Until then, I am going to hunt for someone who hasn't been unearthed.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:08 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Disagree?

I don't agree. If there's no consensus as to someone who sticks out as helpful town, we should hold off on the boosts.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
cateraction
cateraction
Goon
cateraction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:34 am

Post by cateraction »

Millar
, go back and read. When I said, "This is why my vote is still on Him" Conso has just posted 8 times in 1 hour and 1 of them was a huge wall of text, reinforcing my annoyance of him. Yes, we are playing to win and so killing a townie because they are annoying is bad, but in a grander sense we are playing to have fun. I try to balance those two, but with players like Conso I often become annoyed and would rather take the hit as a town then continue to play with that gadfly. Sorry. That's an extra-game issue that is no grounds for you to vote me.

As to my lurking, I was. I was in a bunch of games, and just kinda sitting back and watching. It's unfortunate that my games ended right when I came under a bit of scrutiny, but I don't really have any other excuse.

What I fail to understand is how you feel the need to overemphasize and twist to make a case. Say I'm a lurker, fine. Say I voted a player regardless of alignment, fine. But there's no need to use such charged language. For example, you said I "instantly" posted when I was questioned. It was 16 posts later, almost a full 2 pages. Why the need to say "instantly"? Do you feel the case against me isn't strong enough that you have to paint me negatively? Do you really see any connection between me and semi before you attacked us as partners or did you go in with that preconceived notion and look for minutia that you could blow out of proportion and distort?

About Emking
: Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Empking use his main account and "Empking's Alt" account interchangeably? I may be wrong, but you certainly can't construe me as a liar who cannot be trusted. That appeal to emotion really concerns me because it's scum who do it the most.

Boosting:

I like Porochaz as a boost target, he seems protown and I see others agree.

Boost: Porochaz

I still like my vote on Millar for now, but I have seen the points against Mastin and I think it's a valid case. I will vote him if needed for the lynch. That's where I stand.
Town - 3-1-0
Scum - 1-3-0
3rd Party - 1-0-0

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”