Newbie 810 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:08 pm

Post by 12Keyblade »

Well Zach, you got your wish. I found someone scummier than BlueRaven.

Unvote
Vote: Zachrulez

Ronnie, his "logic" is that you have extra info that tells you there's two mafia goons.

Also, If I was going to give my #3 scum, it'd be reckoner solely off a gut feeling. IMHO that's worthless, but hey. You asked.
Join the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13797]Fluxx Tournament![/url]

[i]"Then I shall make you see... that your hopes are nothing! Nothing but a mere illusion!"[/i]
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:34 am

Post by geekalicious »

12Keyblade wrote:Ronnie, his "logic" is that you have extra info that tells you there's two mafia goons.
I want to see what Zachrulez himself says about the matter, but I suspect that this is his logic.

Looking at what ronnieroo posted, I mostly see it as a general phrase rather than as a specific slip admitting knowledge. However, ronnieroo is my #3 person looking back through the posts. She generally doesn't post that much, and I'm waiting to see if her post truly is a scumslip before I would rate her higher.
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:35 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Official Vote Count

BlueRaven - 1 (illiniguy09)
geekalicious - 1 (reverendpsycho)
ronnieroo - 2 (Zachrulez, xRECKONERx)

Zachrulez - 1 (12Keyblade)

Not Voting - 4 (BlueRaven, geekalicious, KittyMo, ronnieroo)

5 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Wednesday, July 22 (Eastern, GMT - 4).
Last edited by Vel-Rahn Koon on Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:52 am

Post by ronnieroo »

Ok the reason I put mafia goons in, is because most beginners would be familar with that particular pair... I wasn't sure and didn't want to confuse someone by putting out a role they knew nothing about. I can go through all the possible combos of mafia groups you may run into, but that would be extremly boring. Besides that from my expirence there's not always a godfather in a noobie game, but there are usually at least two goons. Thus, I chose to go with the more common thing (At least from my expirence that's more common).

@Zack what do you mean by "pulling this through the mud"?
Do you seriously expect me to not defend myself?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:11 am

Post by Zachrulez »

geekalicious wrote:
12Keyblade wrote:Ronnie, his "logic" is that you have extra info that tells you there's two mafia goons.
I want to see what Zachrulez himself says about the matter, but I suspect that this is his logic.

Looking at what ronnieroo posted, I mostly see it as a general phrase rather than as a specific slip admitting knowledge. However, ronnieroo is my #3 person looking back through the posts. She generally doesn't post that much, and I'm waiting to see if her post truly is a scumslip before I would rate her higher.
You don't seriously expect her to admit it was a slip do you? :lol:
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:12 am

Post by Zachrulez »

12Keyblade wrote:Well Zach, you got your wish. I found someone scummier than BlueRaven.

Unvote
Vote: Zachrulez

Ronnie, his "logic" is that you have extra info that tells you there's two mafia goons.

Also, If I was going to give my #3 scum, it'd be reckoner solely off a gut feeling. IMHO that's worthless, but hey. You asked.
Since that vote only basically says I'm scummier with no real reasoning as to why, I can only laugh.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:14 am

Post by Zachrulez »

ronnieroo wrote:Ok the reason I put mafia goons in, is because most beginners would be familar with that particular pair... I wasn't sure and didn't want to confuse someone by putting out a role they knew nothing about. I can go through all the possible combos of mafia groups you may run into, but that would be extremly boring. Besides that from my expirence there's not always a godfather in a noobie game, but there are usually at least two goons. Thus, I chose to go with the more common thing (At least from my expirence that's more common).

@Zack what do you mean by "pulling this through the mud"?
Do you seriously expect me to not defend myself?
I expect you to defend yourself.

I also expect you won't admit that was a slip based on knowledge of the game setup.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:25 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Following up 354. Geek, Ronnieroo chose to use the term "a pair of mafia goons" instead of a far more generic "scumteam" term. Which would have also gotten her point across in a far less scummy way.

I think her knowledge of the setup made her use the term "a pair of mafia goons" before actually thinking about the consequences of what she said.

It is far scummier than anything else I have observed through this game thus far.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:22 am

Post by ronnieroo »

As I already stated, I chose the most common pair for a newbie mafia game.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:06 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

illiniguy09 replaces Krauthammer.

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:07 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

Hi!
Join the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13797]Fluxx Tournament![/url]

[i]"Then I shall make you see... that your hopes are nothing! Nothing but a mere illusion!"[/i]
illiniguy09
illiniguy09
Townie
illiniguy09
Townie
Townie

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:17 am

Post by illiniguy09 »

Hi everyone. This is my first game. I've done a quick read of all the posts. The thing that stuck out most for me was that BlueRaven seemed to overdo the newbie thing. I'm going to
UNVOTE
, though, and go over the thread a little better. See if anything else sticks out.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:37 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Crap. Nobody is going to replace Raven!?

And hello, illini, welcome to MafiaScum. If you have any questions, you can direct them my way, as I'm this game's IC.
green shirt thursdays
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

xRECKONERx wrote:Crap. Nobody is going to replace Raven!?

And hello, illini, welcome to MafiaScum. If you have any questions, you can direct them my way, as I'm this game's IC.
Raven's last post was on the 10th.

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:48 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Oh, shit. I'm in the wrong game. I was thinking someone else was posting in another game. ugh. My mind. Is fucked.

Heh. This belongs in the "You know you have been playing too much Mafia when..." thread

BTW, I just nominated you for the custom title of "Too Much Mafia..." for this little gem. :)
green shirt thursdays
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:55 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

xRECKONERx wrote:Oh, shit. I'm in the wrong game. I was thinking someone else was posting in another game. ugh. My mind. Is fucked.

Heh. This belongs in the "You know you have been playing too much Mafia when..." thread

BTW, I just nominated you for the custom title of "Too Much Mafia..." for this little gem. :)
ZOMG!

Win. Epically!

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Haha, alright, I'll take it.
green shirt thursdays
reverendpsycho
reverendpsycho
Townie
reverendpsycho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:39 pm

Post by reverendpsycho »

Geez, a lot has happened, both personally and in the game. Until I can get another read on what's what in this game and go over what I've missed, I'll
Unvote
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:13 pm

Post by BlueRaven »

... all i have to realy say is LOL... but appart from that, thats about it.
Show
W/L
town: 0/1
scum: 0/0

Some thing has come up. I wont be bk for a month or 2. I've replaced out of all my games. D: sorry guys...
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:10 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

As of 5:00 today, I will be V/LA. If you have anything you need from me before then, now is the time.

geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:57 am

Post by geekalicious »

Hello, illiniguy09. Nice to have you in the game. In addition to whatever general commentary you have to make, can you give your opinion of the extended post by Zachrulez that led to him voting for your predecessor Krauthammer?

Oh, and reverendpsycho, also glad to see you back. Hope that all is well for you.
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
illiniguy09
illiniguy09
Townie
illiniguy09
Townie
Townie

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:22 am

Post by illiniguy09 »

geekalicious wrote:Hello, illiniguy09. Nice to have you in the game. In addition to whatever general commentary you have to make, can you give your opinion of the extended post by Zachrulez that led to him voting for your predecessor Krauthammer?

Oh, and reverendpsycho, also glad to see you back. Hope that all is well for you.
Ok, I'll try to give my opinion of that post.
It seems to me that the logic that Zachrulez used to make a bandwagoning claim does not add up.

Zachrulez:
Noting at this point that Kraut had stated he really didn't want to start a bandwagon and then was perfectly fine with Raven's wagon. It's also worth noting that he found TFGM scummy prior to Raven's actions as well.
Krauthammer made a point about BlueRavens actions and then voted for him. He was the first to vote for BlueRaven and did not join an existing bandwagon. 2 more people then voted for BR and another FoS'ed. After this happened, Krauthammer said that no one else should vote for BR and people should wait to see what happens. Krauthammer really thought BR was scummy, but wasn't trying to get him kicked off quickly like a scum would do.

Zachrulez:
Krauthammer wrote:
I'm keeping the vote on now, as there still isn't anyone as skummy out there to my eyes, but the lack of answer is making me think he thought it was still joke phase? If you do anything that's townie at all (contribution, anything) I'll unvote you.

Looks like an attempt to play the concerned townie as I read over it repeatedly.
BR continued to give vague answers and looked scummy, so Krauthammer kept his vote. He offered BR a chance to make a contribution.

The rest of Zachrulez post just builds off the "bandwagoning" claim, which I've already went over.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:45 am

Post by KittyMo »

Whoa, lotsa content here.

Ronnieroo's slip:
I am not the brightest crayon in the box. I make at the least 1 or 2 "Freudian slips" per game. On my scum radar, Freudian slips are minor scumtells or null tells, depending on how bad they are. In my eyes, that is the only thing that could be considered a scumtell. So, her slip doesn't direct my scum radar to her...but to Reckoner and Zach, for so quickly jumping on her. (Particularly Reckoner, since Zach constantly seems to throw his vote around.)

Reckoner just asked everyone for their top 3 for scum:
I'm having such problems answering this simple question that I really need to reread. I've been saying that I should multiple times, sorry that I keep getting sidetracked. =/ I currently have a Top 4 scummy people, 2 neutral people, and 3 town-ish people (including me ;) ) - But I'll be working on that. So, more content coming later! :)
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:18 am

Post by ronnieroo »

Ok guys I'm heading out. Don't expect any posts from me for five days.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:38 am

Post by Zachrulez »

KittyMo wrote:Whoa, lotsa content here.

Ronnieroo's slip:
I am not the brightest crayon in the box. I make at the least 1 or 2 "Freudian slips" per game. On my scum radar, Freudian slips are minor scumtells or null tells, depending on how bad they are. In my eyes, that is the only thing that could be considered a scumtell. So, her slip doesn't direct my scum radar to her...but to Reckoner and Zach, for so quickly jumping on her. (Particularly Reckoner, since Zach constantly seems to throw his vote around.)

Reckoner just asked everyone for their top 3 for scum:
I'm having such problems answering this simple question that I really need to reread. I've been saying that I should multiple times, sorry that I keep getting sidetracked. =/ I currently have a Top 4 scummy people, 2 neutral people, and 3 town-ish people (including me ;) ) - But I'll be working on that. So, more content coming later! :)
*sigh*

Go back and read post 341.

Then read post 2.

It will start to make sense to you very quickly.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”