Newbie 810 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:42 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Also, go back and read post 329, and note Ronnieroo's response in 330. (Which consequently was her first post in that game to that point in 2 days.)
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:04 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

I'm outta here; see you!
Join the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13797]Fluxx Tournament![/url]

[i]"Then I shall make you see... that your hopes are nothing! Nothing but a mere illusion!"[/i]
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:23 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I can see I'm going to have to lay out a more detailed itinerary of ronnieroo's play.
ronnieroo wrote:I spy with my little eye... a condradiction.

You said it the above post
I don't like first day random kills
And then when KittyMo votes for you, you vote for her "for voting for you". That isn't exactly random... but it still doesn't strike me as well thought out or logical. It appears to me to be a joke vote, which you say you don't approve of.

I personally think that things can be observed from someones day one vote. Even if we don't nail a mafia member we still can observe who voted for who, and in this case, who voted no lynch.
Points out contradiction made by TFGM early in the game. Is careful not to take strong position against TFGM. Does not vote.
ronnieroo wrote:0.o

How does it seem like a coordinated attack?
Even if it is, there aren't enough mafia members to cause a lynch on their own. They would have to get someone to follow them. geek is a new member (I think), so naturally he's going to follow. The following does worry me though. I don't like to feel like someone is jumping on a band wagon.
If GreenMonkey is innocent then my suspicions would move over to either KittyMo or geek. Currently the contradiction and vote for no lynch naturally bring me to suspect you though GreenMonkey.
The biggest thing wrong in this post is that Ronnie points out that mafia can't get a lynch on their own, and that they need to get people to follow them. By this logic, followers are town, but she tries to lay a condition out to cast suspicion on Geek and Kittymo. Strangely though, she makes it a point to call geek a follower...

This is a classic waiting in the wings to blame people for a mislynch.
ronnieroo wrote:My eye currently falls on BlueRaven.

It sounds like you're saying that by not defending that makes you town. Well that is a very very bad defense. For one thing, I think you may be using it to fall back on. If you're town (particularly if you have power role) you should fight to stay alive. You've contributed nothing. Your posts are confusing. All of this looks very scummy to me. I've never really bought the "I'm a noob" excuse. Can you please answer KittyMo's questions? If you answer them well it might help convince me of your innocence.

Kitty Mo where did you hear that lynch only if the numbers are odd? Do you think that that is a good idea? I really am going to have to say I don't.
Suspicions flip to Blueraven. Never states if or how this changes her read of TFGM. Doesn't vote. Not voting here is more striking cause she states that Blueraven is
very scummy
ronnieroo wrote:
geekalicious wrote: My main point going into this line of thought is that both people I've voted for thus far have been obviously suspect and that's why I voted for them. Plain and simple.
You just admitted you're following others. This makes me very suspicous of you. Just because someone is "obviously a suspect" doesn't mean that they're mafia. Thinking for yourself is always the best way to go in a game like this. If you follow others you risk following a mafia member. Listen to other peoples arguments, express your own thoughts, and vote only after thinking it through.
Fixed the quote from the original post first off. Attacks Geek for "following others." Apparently the logic for this being scummy is the danger of following a mafia member. This stinks of Ronnieroo knowing Geek's alignment.
ronnieroo wrote:KeyBlade... Suggesting that someone hinted at the fact that they were cop is a bad idea... Especially if it wasn't an obvious hint. When I read that at first I, too, thought it may've been a hint, but when I re-read it I came to the conclusion that KittyMo meant "investigation" by re-reading the thread and re-evaluating her thinking. If KittyMo is the cop having her night killed would be very bad for town. If she isn't, and she's night killed it's still bad for town. It's possible that she's mafia throwing that comment out there to make the townies think she's innocent.

I feel as if Zach is controling the game at this moment. Leading sheep to water is ridiculously easy in a noobie game... especially when you're an IC. I'm not in ANYWAY saying don't listen to Zach. I'm saying make sure that you're thinking for yourself and not just following the logic of others. It's fine to agree... just don't blindly follow.

xRECKONERx... you don't even remember who you voted for? That shows how much attention you've been paying... Not remembering who you voted/denying voting for someone you did vote for makes me very suspicous of you. Forgetful or scummy? Hmm...

Just a few thoughts.
Deflates Keyblade's breadcrumb observation of Kittymo. Tries to distance from the possibility of her being a cop. Makes sure to point out that KittyMo could be bread crumbing as mafia.

Casts suspicion on me for "controlling the game". Tries to have it both ways by saying that she's not ACTUALLY trying to say not to listen to me though.

Casts suspicion on Reckoner for not paying attention. Does not commit to whether the behavior is scummy or not.
ronnieroo wrote:KittyMo: KeyBlade12 and Zach currently draw my eye toward them.
KeyBlade12 because of the bread crumb thing. Pointing out that someone hinted at being cop worries me.
Zach because he's leading.

@Zach I feel as though you're leading because people are following you. If you look back at the thread you'll see that people follow your logic without really thinking for themselves. (Or at least that's how it looks to me... Maybe they just aren't stating their own thoughts)
Note no specific examples of people following me. She just assures me that if I read the thread, "it's there".
ronnieroo wrote:I'm here. Like I said I don't say anything unless I have something useful to say.
(And just to clear it up, I am a she...)

@Zach anyone who has an influence immediatly draws my eye, because if you're mafia you're very dangerous. I don't think you can disagree with that. If you find anything that draws your eye, just point it our and I will gladly explain my actions.

Just to let you all know, I will have no interenet connection at all from the 13-18. I don't know if that requires a replacement or not.
Makes excuse for lurking. Appeals to fear by saying that if I'm mafia I'm very dangerous.

That about sums it up. I think I've covered her posts after this quite well. Just keep in mind that throughout this entire game, Ronnieroo has had suspicions, but has not voted. That behavior is consistent to not wanting to be tied to a lynch.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:55 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

^ I think that case is weak at best, to be completely honest. I do think her saying "pair of mafia goons" was very telling given the fact that the setup is NOT open, but the rest of that case on her seems rather wishy-washy.
green shirt thursdays
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:02 am

Post by BlueRaven »

alright, byebye ronnieroo...
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:04 am

Post by BlueRaven »

and blade...
Show
W/L
town: 0/1
scum: 0/0

Some thing has come up. I wont be bk for a month or 2. I've replaced out of all my games. D: sorry guys...
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:06 am

Post by KittyMo »

1) Why do you find ronnieroo scummy? Are you going to vote for her?
2) Is there anyone else you find scummy?
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:31 am

Post by geekalicious »

I'm still not sure about the case against ronnieroo you outlined, Zachrulez.... She just mostly seems to be analyzing the game and putting points out there for others to analyze in the posts you noted.
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

geekalicious wrote:I'm still not sure about the case against ronnieroo you outlined, Zachrulez.... She just mostly seems to be analyzing the game and putting points out there for others to analyze in the posts you noted.
Seeing which way the wind blows...
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by KittyMo »

I've been gone so long reading Zach's meta. Something about him seems off this game, and I'm trying to figure out what it is. He seems to be more aggressive than usual.

META:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 09&start=0 - Only votes 4 times throughout the entire game (He made it to Day 4; endgame)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... highlight= Only votes 9 times until lynched Day 3 (multiple times for same player)

This game - votes for 5 times for 5 different players before Day 1 is even completed

I'm not sure if this is a tell, just putting it out there.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

The game state has more to do with how often I change my vote than my alignment does.

Replacing into a game also makes it tougher to get reads on people.

Are you trying to say I wasn't aggressive in either of those games you linked?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

And there's this game

Meta isn't everything though.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Also you shouldn't be hung up on the quantity of how often I am changing my vote, but rather on whether you can see the logic behind all my vote changes.

You'll do far better scum hunting on that basis.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

But the rapid manner in which you change your votes would suggest that not even
you
fully believe your own logic.
green shirt thursdays
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

xRECKONERx wrote:But the rapid manner in which you change your votes would suggest that not even
you
fully believe your own logic.
The problem isn't that so much as my read on who the most scummy player is has changed as many times as my vote has.

As it is now, I'm pretty firmly settled on desiring Ronnieroo as the lynch of the day.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

See, you shouldn't be painting yourself into a corner like that. That means you're saying no matter what logic is presented against someone else, you want to stick with the ronnie lynch.
green shirt thursdays
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Not no matter what as an absolute. I don't see it likely that a more compelling case is going to come at this point to convince me to vote for anyone else though.
illiniguy09
illiniguy09
Townie
illiniguy09
Townie
Townie

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:10 pm

Post by illiniguy09 »

It does seem like Zachrulez has been making up lengthy arguments against several people, maybe he's mob and just trying to see which one the town will fall for.

I do think that ronnieroo's "couple of goons" comment is suspicious, though.

reverendpsycho hasn't made many comments since the first couple pages, I would like to hear his thoughts on things.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:47 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

It has been a week since psycho posted anything of real content. I understand the family member in the hospital bit (Mom's still in the hospital here, too), but I'd like to get his opinion on what he thinks, since he said here he'd return to the game last Monday, then popped in here simply to Unvote and say he'd catch up later.
green shirt thursdays
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:25 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Official Vote Count

ronnieroo - 2 (Zachrulez, xRECKONERx)

Zachrulez - 1 (12Keyblade)

Not Voting - 6 (BlueRaven, geekalicious, illiniguy09, KittyMo, reverendpsycho, ronnieroo)

5 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Wednesday, July 22 (Eastern, GMT - 4).
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:43 am

Post by geekalicious »

Zachrulez, within the span of about 10 pages, you've switched your vote from me to 12Keyblade to xRECKONERx to Krauthammer to ronnieroo. I looked through a decent part of that game you cited, and you weren't fishtailing your vote nearly this much at least not on Day 1.

In the case of your vote on Krauthammer, there was indeed the suspicious action of Krauthammer not changing his vote when he thought there was an equal chance of BlueRaven being town or mafia. However, the rest of your case against him is a stretch as you can see I don't completely agree with you in my Post 320.

In your attack against ronnieroo, you do something similar to your extended analysis of Krauthammer. You see one definite scumtell commited (in this case, her saying there are mafia goons, implying a knowledge of the roles). But, overall, the rest of your case against her is weak. The weakest point against her came at the end of your analysis:
Zachrulez wrote:
ronnieroo wrote:Just to let you all know, I will have no interenet connection at all from the 13-18. I don't know if that requires a replacement or not.
Makes excuse for lurking.
You basically attack another player for taking V/LA which appears rather scummy to me. She even explained later that she will be doing something with her church during that period of time.

Even when voting for me, you seemed completely convinced that I was scum only to later admit:
Zachrulez wrote: I've also had a second look at Geek and think I might have overreacted on his actions, and also that my perception of him might be a little biased since he had attacked my player slot.
When I press you about the point about you having a partial OMGUS bias on me you just say that it's
Zachrulez wrote:Kind of a gray area. I am analyzing your attacks on the player I replaced with knowledge of that particular players alignments.
Saying that YOU know the player's alignment is not a true argument since we are not also privy to this knowledge. It's just a comment that confirms for me that you aren't meticulously scum hunting but trying to pin the blame on someone else.

Vote: Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:55 am

Post by Zachrulez »

You selectively quoted my post in an attempt to make my active lurking point look really scummy.
zachrulez wrote:
ronnieroo wrote:I'm here. Like I said I don't say anything unless I have something useful to say.

@Zach anyone who has an influence immediatly draws my eye, because if you're mafia you're very dangerous. I don't think you can disagree with that. If you find anything that draws your eye, just point it our and I will gladly explain my actions.

Just to let you all know, I will have no interenet connection at all from the 13-18. I don't know if that requires a replacement or not.
Makes excuse for lurking. Appeals to fear by saying that if I'm mafia I'm very dangerous.
The ENTIRE quoted post, in context.

Clearly she wasn't V/LA yet. It's quite clear the lurking I'm referring to is the lurking she explained away on the top line, all of which occured prior to today, the 13th, which is her first official day on V/LA.

Selectively quoting in this manner is scummy by the way.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:02 am

Post by geekalicious »

EBWOP: Sorry, last point against ronnieroo argument was a misquote. For some reason, didn't see the first part of what she wrote which was:
Maybe the bold put me off.... Anyway, rest of my argument still stands.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:03 am

Post by geekalicious »

Lol, I just noted it at the same time you did..... Yes, I'm sorry for that one.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:06 am

Post by Zachrulez »

geekalicious wrote:EBWOP: Sorry, last point against ronnieroo argument was a misquote. For some reason, didn't see the first part of what she wrote which was:
Maybe the bold put me off.... Anyway, rest of my argument still stands.
Yeah it just happened to take you 20 minutes to correct it... and you did so after I pointed it out.

Forgive me if I don't buy it.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”