Newbie 810 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:37 am

Post by KittyMo »

You asked for it, Zach. I've got a case on you. ;) I'm attempting to be more aggressive, since my playstyle so far hasn't really been helping the town any. Sorry about that, guys. I've just been letting too many people off the hook, and it's time for JUSTICE. xP

I'm going back through your posts....5 PAGES! HOLY MACARONI.

First you attack Geekalicious for attacking your predacessor because your predacessor made some newbie mistakes. Apparently, TFGM is allowed to make newbie mistakes even though he's played Mafia before, but Geekalicious, the raw newbie to the game, is scummy for trying to use logic.

Then you attack Reckoner for forgetfulness & mind changing (which you just complained a few posts above my post was a bad reason to attack you for) and for trying to explain to reverendpscyho that long wall posts make some people's brains hurt.

After that, you attack 12Keyblade for actually doing something scummy. You put your vote on fairly quickly, and take it off quickly, without much explanation other than saying you've changed your mind upon reflection.

Then, you vote for Reckoner, while claming Reckoner and Geekalicious are scum. Reckoner, for defending what he defines as BS, and for not immediately pointing out every scumtell he notices. Geekalicious, for slightly imperfect logic and "following the crowd." (What newbie doesn't follow the crowd occasionally? You're an IC, you ought to know this; it's your JOB to know this.)

You back off a little but, seems intent on getting 12Keyblade to agree with him.

Later, you start asking Reckoner questions. When Geekalicious attempts to join the discussion, you start calling Geek scummy. Around this time, Ronnieroo points out the fact that you've been posting a lot, and his reads are having a big effect on the town. You then decide Reckoner's frustration is genuine, and that Geekalicious is a scumbag, and decide the best conclusion to draw from that is to make a case on Krauthammer and vote for him.

Ronnieroo makes her slip, and you totally forget about Krauthammer and vote for her. You say that not considering her scum after her slip accomplishes nothing but distraction. An attempt to score a quicklynch? After she explains why she did it, you're still demanding her to defend herself. The only explanation you'll accept is that she did it because she's scum. (Why ask for her to defend herself then?)

Then you build a very weak case on her. When called on it, you appeal to emotion and complain that if you switch postions, you're called scummy, but if you keep attacking the same person, you're called scummy too. If you had better reasons for suspecting ronnieroo, nobody would complain. You're missing the point here.

Then, after Geek attacks you, you suddenly remember that you find him scummy and tell him you're "certain" he's scum. The only way you can be certain of the alignments in this game is if you ARE scum. Which leads me to:

Vote: Zachrulez
for reasons aforementioned.

Top 3: Zach, Keyblade, and...reverendpsycho. (The last on
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:42 am

Post by KittyMo »

illiniguy09 wrote:
Vote: BlueRaven

I still find his actions from the beginning of the game scummy. Since then he hasn't made many posts. His last 3 post have been non-game related.

Also, maybe reverendpsycho needs to be replaced if he is having family problems and can't play.
I disagree with your 1st point. I've seen so many people just like him lynched Day 1, who all turned out to be townies...however, he does need to post his insight on the current situation.

BLUERAVEN:

1) Who do you find most suspicious and why?

The reverendpyscho replacement sounds good though. :)
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:45 am

Post by KittyMo »

EBWOP:

Top 3: Zach, Keyblade, and...reverendpsycho. (The last on
e is mostly gut feeling.)

"plz don't swear" -- N
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:48 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Yeah, I shouldn't have voted for Krauthammer before doing a read on Ronnieroo, I screwed up bigtime there.

I also jumped the gun on voting like 3 other times.

Blegh, just pretend I never played in this game... lol

I hope you listen to my case after you know for fact that I'm town though. :(
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:53 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I don't buy Ronnieroo's explanation, and I don't think it's any coincidence that Geek is pushing hard to make the game about me at this point.

Also, I believe quite strongly that Reckoner, Blueraven, KittyMo, and Psycho are town. Town should not waste their time on them.

Kraut could go either way (Or his replacement now.)

Scum is in Ronnieroo, Keyblade, and Geek. Believe it.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:54 am

Post by KittyMo »

Again, sorry it took so long for me to post some decent content. I'm completely and totally confused by my other game, and I get distracted a lot by reading past games and hitting the random button in the Mafia Scum Wiki.

My gut's telling me to unvote Zach, but there's just too many scumtells here. =/ I hate my brain-gut conflicts, I get them every game.

"plz don't swear" -- N
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:55 am

Post by Zachrulez »

And yes, I changed my mind about Keyblade again.

Obvscum! lol...

No but really, that role fishing is really bad.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:59 am

Post by Zachrulez »

KittyMo wrote:Again, sorry it took so long for me to post some decent content. I'm completely and totally confused by my other game, and I get distracted a lot by reading past games and hitting the random button in the Mafia Scum Wiki.

My gut's telling me to unvote Zach, but there's just too many scumtells here. =/ I hate my brain-gut conflicts, I get them every game.
You have to do what feels right Kitty. It it helps you can think of it as payback for what I did to you in 784. ;)
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

By the way, when I use the word certain, I mean it in the context that I am certain about my read of him.

For what it's worth.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Everyone:
1) What do you think of my case?
2) Do you think we should wait until 12Keyblade and ronnieroo get back until we lynch anyone?
3) Who do you think is the best lynch candidate for today?

"plz don't swear" -- N
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

KittyMo wrote:
Then you build a very weak case on her. When called on it, you appeal to emotion and complain that if you switch postions, you're called scummy, but if you keep attacking the same person, you're called scummy too. If you had better reasons for suspecting ronnieroo, nobody would complain. You're missing the point here.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD YOU ARE THE THIRD PERSON TO COMPLAIN THAT THE CASE IS WEAK WITHOUT DIRECTLY REFUTING ANY POINTS.

THIS IS A SOURCE OF MY FRUSTRATION AND IS STARTING TO PISS ME OFF. THIS IS LAZY PLAY.

I CAN SUSPECT MORE THAN ONE PLAYER AT A TIME. I CAN ONLY LYNCH ONE.

Stop calling the case weak without explaining why it's weak. Explain why it's weak. Otherwise you're not actually reading the case and simply believing the first person who said it's weak. (Who probably didn't bother to delve into why it's weak either.)

Both Ronnieroo and Geek are scummy.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

But your case is otherwise well intentioned...
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Zachrulez wrote:Stop calling the case weak without explaining why it's weak. Explain why it's weak. Otherwise you're not actually reading the case and simply believing the first person who said it's weak. (Who probably didn't bother to delve into why it's weak either.)

Your wish shall be granted. Expect an answer in a few minutes.

"plz don't swear" -- N
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

KittyMo wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:Stop calling the case weak without explaining why it's weak. Explain why it's weak. Otherwise you're not actually reading the case and simply believing the first person who said it's weak. (Who probably didn't bother to delve into why it's weak either.)

Your wish shall be granted. Expect an answer in a few minutes.
THANK YOU!

Maybe we can actually have some rational discussion now.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Zachrulez wrote:I can see I'm going to have to lay out a more detailed itinerary of ronnieroo's play.
ronnieroo wrote:I spy with my little eye... a condradiction.

You said it the above post
I don't like first day random kills
And then when KittyMo votes for you, you vote for her "for voting for you". That isn't exactly random... but it still doesn't strike me as well thought out or logical. It appears to me to be a joke vote, which you say you don't approve of.

I personally think that things can be observed from someones day one vote. Even if we don't nail a mafia member we still can observe who voted for who, and in this case, who voted no lynch.
Points out contradiction made by TFGM early in the game. Is careful not to take strong position against TFGM. Does not vote.
She's scummy because she doesn't throw your vote around quite the same way you do? I don't buy it. If anything, she avoided jumping on a bandwagon, which could've turned into a quicklynch.
Zachrulez wrote:
ronnieroo wrote:0.o

How does it seem like a coordinated attack?
Even if it is, there aren't enough mafia members to cause a lynch on their own. They would have to get someone to follow them. geek is a new member (I think), so naturally he's going to follow. The following does worry me though. I don't like to feel like someone is jumping on a band wagon.
If GreenMonkey is innocent then my suspicions would move over to either KittyMo or geek. Currently the contradiction and vote for no lynch naturally bring me to suspect you though GreenMonkey.
The biggest thing wrong in this post is that Ronnie points out that mafia can't get a lynch on their own, and that they need to get people to follow them. By this logic, followers are town, but she tries to lay a condition out to cast suspicion on Geek and Kittymo. Strangely though, she makes it a point to call geek a follower...

This is a classic waiting in the wings to blame people for a mislynch.
I did find this post by her slightly scummy, but I could never figure out a way to point it out without sounding even scummier than her. However, her point that players attacking townies is a (very) minor scumtell still stands.
zachrulez wrote:
ronnieroo wrote:My eye currently falls on BlueRaven.

It sounds like you're saying that by not defending that makes you town. Well that is a very very bad defense. For one thing, I think you may be using it to fall back on. If you're town (particularly if you have power role) you should fight to stay alive. You've contributed nothing. Your posts are confusing. All of this looks very scummy to me. I've never really bought the "I'm a noob" excuse. Can you please answer KittyMo's questions? If you answer them well it might help convince me of your innocence.

Kitty Mo where did you hear that lynch only if the numbers are odd? Do you think that that is a good idea? I really am going to have to say I don't.
Suspicions flip to Blueraven. Never states if or how this changes her read of TFGM. Doesn't vote. Not voting here is more striking cause she states that Blueraven is
very scummy
So, the fact that she doesn't make the quick bandwagon on BlueRaven huger is scummy? I have a feeling that if she'd voted for him, you'd be calling that scummy too. It doesn't seem like ronnieroo can win here. Nulltell, if you want to invoke WIFOM you could even call it a towntell.
zachrulez wrote:
ronnieroo wrote:
geekalicious wrote: My main point going into this line of thought is that both people I've voted for thus far have been obviously suspect and that's why I voted for them. Plain and simple.
You just admitted you're following others. This makes me very suspicous of you. Just because someone is "obviously a suspect" doesn't mean that they're mafia. Thinking for yourself is always the best way to go in a game like this. If you follow others you risk following a mafia member. Listen to other peoples arguments, express your own thoughts, and vote only after thinking it through.
Fixed the quote from the original post first off. Attacks Geek for "following others." Apparently the logic for this being scummy is the danger of following a mafia member. This stinks of Ronnieroo knowing Geek's alignment.
ronnieroo wrote:KeyBlade... Suggesting that someone hinted at the fact that they were cop is a bad idea... Especially if it wasn't an obvious hint. When I read that at first I, too, thought it may've been a hint, but when I re-read it I came to the conclusion that KittyMo meant "investigation" by re-reading the thread and re-evaluating her thinking. If KittyMo is the cop having her night killed would be very bad for town. If she isn't, and she's night killed it's still bad for town. It's possible that she's mafia throwing that comment out there to make the townies think she's innocent.

I feel as if Zach is controling the game at this moment. Leading sheep to water is ridiculously easy in a noobie game... especially when you're an IC. I'm not in ANYWAY saying don't listen to Zach. I'm saying make sure that you're thinking for yourself and not just following the logic of others. It's fine to agree... just don't blindly follow.

xRECKONERx... you don't even remember who you voted for? That shows how much attention you've been paying... Not remembering who you voted/denying voting for someone you did vote for makes me very suspicous of you. Forgetful or scummy? Hmm...

Just a few thoughts.
Deflates Keyblade's breadcrumb observation of Kittymo. Tries to distance from the possibility of her being a cop. Makes sure to point out that KittyMo could be bread crumbing as mafia.

Casts suspicion on me for "controlling the game". Tries to have it both ways by saying that she's not ACTUALLY trying to say not to listen to me though.

Casts suspicion on Reckoner for not paying attention. Does not commit to whether the behavior is scummy or not.
Here, she just seems to be explaining her thought process...I don't see what's scummy. (?)

I think you are having OMGUS-y feelings here. It's not like she actually calls you scummy, she just states her opinion, that her eye is drawn to you.

The Reckoner thing would obviously be because she is unsure if it is scummy or not...

zachrulez wrote:
ronnieroo wrote:KittyMo: KeyBlade12 and Zach currently draw my eye toward them.
KeyBlade12 because of the bread crumb thing. Pointing out that someone hinted at being cop worries me.
Zach because he's leading.

@Zach I feel as though you're leading because people are following you. If you look back at the thread you'll see that people follow your logic without really thinking for themselves. (Or at least that's how it looks to me... Maybe they just aren't stating their own thoughts)
Note no specific examples of people following me. She just assures me that if I read the thread, "it's there".
ronnieroo wrote:I'm here. Like I said I don't say anything unless I have something useful to say.
(And just to clear it up, I am a she...)

@Zach anyone who has an influence immediatly draws my eye, because if you're mafia you're very dangerous. I don't think you can disagree with that. If you find anything that draws your eye, just point it our and I will gladly explain my actions.

Just to let you all know, I will have no interenet connection at all from the 13-18. I don't know if that requires a replacement or not.
Makes excuse for lurking. Appeals to fear by saying that if I'm mafia I'm very dangerous.
I don't really see appealing to fear as her motive here... I do wish that she would post more, but she seems to address important things, so I don't tend to notice that she lurks. In fact, it's arguable that she's being a better townie than a lot of us. At least, according to this article.

Your case just seems full of nulltells and misrepresentations.

"plz don't swear" -- N
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by geekalicious »

KittyMo wrote:Everyone:
2) Do you think we should wait until 12Keyblade and ronnieroo get back until we lynch anyone?
1. I think your case is plausible. It's similar to my problems with Zachrulez, though you did state it more coherently. :)
2. It seems like the appropriate thing to do. We don't want to rush things before we've heard their voices. There may be the possibility that 12Keyblade may want to change his vote.
3. Well, my vote is on Zachrulez, so....
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

geekalicious wrote:
1. I think your case is plausible. It's similar to my problems with Zachrulez, though you did state it more coherently. :)
2. It seems like the appropriate thing to do. We don't want to rush things before we've heard their voices. There may be the possibility that 12Keyblade may want to change his vote.
Buddying to Kittymo thank you very much. :P
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Not voting when you have strong suspicions is very scummy.

It's consistent with a scum that is trying to blend in as a townie who's acting like they don't want to mislynch when their real motive is to blame the townies that back the mislynches stronger then the weak positions they take all day.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I want to emphasize how grateful I am that you actually took the time to look through my case and challenge it directly once again Kitty.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:36 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Zachrulez wrote:
geekalicious wrote:
You'd be surprised how many people get accused of buddying me. I think it's beginning to become an abnormal number...
Zachrulez wrote:Not voting when you have strong suspicions is very scummy.

It's consistent with a scum that is trying to blend in as a townie who's acting like they don't want to mislynch when their real motive is to blame the townies that back the mislynches stronger then the weak positions they take all day.
If she does take that position and tries to blame people, we'll call her BS. But, for now, I don't find her all that scummy. I'll look into that matter more later, though.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Zachrulez wrote:I want to emphasize how grateful I am that you actually took the time to look through my case and challenge it directly once again Kitty.
I like to be helpful. :)

"plz don't swear" -- N
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:47 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

KittyMo wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:
geekalicious wrote:
You'd be surprised how many people get accused of buddying me. I think it's beginning to become an abnormal number...
KittyMo says: What do you think about my case?

Geekalicious says: OMG! That's exactly what I was thinking! You're so smart Kitty! :)
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Zachrulez wrote:
KittyMo wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:
geekalicious wrote:
KittyMo says: What do you think about my case?

Geekalicious says: OMG! That's exactly what I was thinking! You're so smart Kitty! :)
That came out really sarcastic, sorry. :/

My first game, scum was about to be lynch, and then she fakeclaims cop, with me as the innocent. When scum is eventually lynched, in LyLo I get lynched for being buddied. Second game, someone kept telling me my posting gave them warm feelings. Luckily, we were both town. Fourth game, someone was just accused of buddying me a couple of (real life) days ago. And now, this is game 5. xP So, I'm just saying, that tends to happen to me a lot.

"plz don't swear" -- N
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:20 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I was just interpreting how Geek's response to your first question sounded to me.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Oh OK.

What are your feelings about this buddying?

"plz don't swear" -- N

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”