Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:23 am

Post by Kreriov »

Yeah, I googled it. It does not seem to apply to Archon's claimed character however.

The "this holdcount might be wrong...it's late" holdcount

Archon (4) - Locke Lamora, Kreriov, Sotty7, DDD

don_johnson (3) - xxFabianxx, hambargarz, Kise

massive (1) - Archon
VP Baltar (1) - massive
Sotty7 (1) - SpyreX
Locke Lamora (1) - VP Baltar
Kise (1) - don_johnson

xxFabianxx (0) -
Debonair Danny DiPietro (0) -
Kreriov (0) -
SpyreX (0) -
hambargarz (0) -

Relaxing in the neutral corner:
None!

With 12 wrestlers in the ring, it takes 7 to throw someone out.
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
xxFabianxx
xxFabianxx
Goon
xxFabianxx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:39 am

Post by xxFabianxx »

I know, it doesn't exactly fit, but I have reason to believe it.
Indubitable
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:50 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I believe it as well. I can think of two possible reasons why Kreriov might be having questions about it.

Gah, I hate to slap together a quick lynch on somebody, but we need to come to a concensus really quickly.

Everyone needs to post whether or not they think Archon should be lynched today following his claim if they haven't done so. If you don't think he should be lynched, who is your second choice.

Baltar says: I think Archon needs to be put aside for now and massive should be lynched today.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:04 am

Post by Sotty7 »

It's been pointed out there could be fake claims floating around. Archon's claim is believable but I'm not sure he is really trustworthy. Right now I am happy to keep my vote on him for his actions in the game, rather on if I believe his claim or not. Notably his attempt at distancing from a potential massive lynch even with his vote on the wagon.

Second choice right now would be Don. I think he is faking a PR so he doesn't have to bother with any real game discussion. I'm really not buying it.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:11 am

Post by massive »

Yes, because evidently I don't fall into VP Baltar's definition of scumhunting. I personally am pretty happy with my playstyle, so I doubt I'll be shifting too overly much. At least I'm here and talking, and I'm not blurrying the town's vision with a bunch of "obvscum" accusations.

In the meantime: VP, can you explain why specifically you were looking for Fabian's reaction to Archon's roleclaim?

As for Archon's roleclaim: My initial reaction was it was legit, but remembered the sample PM announcing the possibility of fake claims. I don't think Ricky Steamboat is a jobber. So I don't really believe Archon's roleclaim. Fabian's reason for believing it is probably similar to my initial reason for believing it, but I'm thinking that the mod would take that into consideration. Metagaming the mod, to be sure, but it happens all the time.

And in regards to two people softclaiming the same person: You would think that, if one of them were ACTUALLY Hogan, that that individual would be all over the other and we've have a Hulk-off. So what is it? Sloppy breadcrumb attempts?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
xxFabianxx
xxFabianxx
Goon
xxFabianxx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:12 am

Post by xxFabianxx »

I don't want to lynch Archon.

I'm favouring Locke, I'm not really feeling a lynch on massive.
Time will tell how useful or useless Don and his supposed posting restrictions are.

Spear: Locke

I'm going out for the night and I have work in the morning, I'll catch up and post again when I get home tomorrow.
Indubitable
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:27 am

Post by SpyreX »

Time's a comin when a smackdown needs to occur.

However, the usual suspects aren't doin it for me.

Archon and Massive both seem genuine in their bizarreness.

I'd eat a hat if Don ACTUALLY has a PR considering how it has developed... but I dont think thats gonna do it either.

My personal tick is still the scotsman. However,

Chokeslam: Locke

Not buying a coincidental lurking.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:39 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Massive said: "As for Archon's roleclaim: My initial reaction was it was legit, but remembered the sample PM announcing the possibility of fake claims. I don't think Ricky Steamboat is a jobber. So I don't really believe Archon's roleclaim. Fabian's reason for believing it is probably similar to my initial reason for believing it, but I'm thinking that the mod would take that into consideration. Metagaming the mod, to be sure, but it happens all the time. "

So you are saying it is a possible fakeclaim given by the mod, but doesn't fit with the name that the mod gave? This is ridiculous.

As far as why I asked Fabian, I don't think my reasons are relevant at this time.
YOUR AD HERE

Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:04 pm

Post by Archon »

has no one noticed DDD? seriously now. look at his posts!
Now modding Vengeful Mafia
pronounced ark-on
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I've seen it Archon. It's not enough to lynch on, imo, considering lots of people have been sheeping today.

Sotty, which post are you referring to where Archon was "distancing from a potential massive lynch"?
YOUR AD HERE

Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by Kise »

Haha! Archon doubleposted too!

I'm surprised that Steamboat is labeled a jobber, but he was never heel if I remember correctly.

Yes, massive, why wouldn't I believe in an animecharacter? Tigermask comes to mind. He was a wrestler that was also in comic books in Japan. So I don't believe Goku or Naruto is the animecharacter... I'll say a Japanese wrestler, most likely masked.

What is the post restriction DJ has? He certainly hasn't voted in every post... and he also hasn't trash talked or been 'in-character' for every post, so what's his supposed PR?
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by hambargarz »

Whoops, didn't know page 6 was here, ah well here's my post for page 5..

I am tending to agree with Archon regarding DDD. In the absence of solid facts, I'm leaning towards believing Archon's claim. Everyone knows my stance on massive, so DDD's post 121, looks to me as opportunistic scum

Slingshot: DDD

He is most suspicious to me at the moment, and first glimpse at page 6 ...

IGMEOY: sotty7

I don't see a logical reason for DJ to fake a post restriction like that. I don't think it protects him from lynch at all.

If we need a lynch by deadline, I'm fine with locke
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:43 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

@Arachon (124) - With just a week deadline there's not exactly a whole lot of time to sit around and politely ask people if they're scum and wait for their polite response. Which means pressuring and bandwagoning scummy players like yourself and massive is the best tool available to get as much information as possible as quickly as possible. Furthermore, my point about you not scumhunting stands, while I expect you to defend yourself that's no excuse for not trying to find scum as well.

Massive's 130 is an absolutely terrible post and it looks like he's simply fishing for a reason not to believe Arachon's claim. If Arachon wasn't OMGUSing me now on top of his other scummy behavior I'd be tempted to move my vote over to massive for that post.

Further analysis coming after someone else posts.
Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by Archon »

DDD, what are you talking about?
pronounced ark-on
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:02 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

You said I jumped on two wagons as if that was a bad thing, except given our constraints it's one of the most efficient ways to acquire information. I was also pointing out that you aren't scumhunting at all; merely trying to move suspicion off yourself when the two activites aren't mutually exclusive.

~

Continued from above...

Hamargarz' 137 is weak as well, he just generally disagrees with me instead of actually explaining on what points he disagrees. He also claims we all know his stance on massive, which apparently consists on a single line of him not believing the massive wagon was well grounded after previously criticizing massive himself for ad homs.

I see no good reason to lynch Locke at this point.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by Kise »

Me neither. He's posted within the time/zones that he mentioned, so I doubt it's a lurker-tell here. Spyrex strikes me as odd, for the moment.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:44 pm

Post by don_johnson »

clothesline: kise

*how does that strike ya, rolefisher?*

*flexes, points at DDD*
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:11 pm

Post by hambargarz »

@DDD post 140
Yes, I did prod massive a bit, and for the most part I am not as suspicious of him given his conduct. I don't think I ever agreed with any of the points made against him and I never voted him or condoned his wagon. If anything I was suspicious of the people hopping on what I thought was wagon built on with weak reasoning.
Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:11 pm

Post by Archon »

Augh! too confusing!

@mod votecount please
pronounced ark-on
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:26 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Fabian: why aren't you 'feeling a lynch on massive'?

I don't think Steamboat was ever a heel either. If jobber is just the flavour name for vanilla townie, it's possible that Steamboat could be put down in that role. Having said that, Archon's vote on massive and subsequent reaction to being called on it is just as scummy for me. I really don't get all that nonsense about wanting massive to claim to satisfy his own curiosity.

Regarding DJ's restriction: when I read back, I thought his restriction was that he had to vote for whoever voted for him but after he had placed that vote and someone else had posted, he could then move his vote where he liked. I don't understand why he voted for Kise twice in a row now, though.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:12 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Alright, after much deliberation, I think it might be a good idea to just lynch Archon today. Part of me does believe his claim, but he did act scummy and I don't think trying to ram a lynch through on somebody else at the last minute is going to be helpful to the town in the end.

Furthermore, I think massclaim, when it comes later in this game, is going to be extremely helpful to the town and potentially outting PRs right now is a bad idea.

Kise, how the hell does Spyrex strike you as odd? He hasn't hardly posted in this game because he has been travelling.

Anyhow, on with the beatings.

Chokeout in the corner: Archon
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:15 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Hambargarz: what do you mean about your 'post for page 5'? Is it your policy to comment on each page individually?
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:42 am

Post by Kreriov »

Locke has a good point. Jobber not applying to Steamboat is a 'real world' characterization. If Jobber is merely meant to be this game's version of vanilla townie, that make sense.

Deadline is tomorrow night. I will not miss it, no worries there.

I would like SpyreX and Fabain to better explain their votes on Locke. At best they say they do not like Archon or Massive and only SpyreX really gives a reason, that he thinks Locke is lurking.

SpyreX should know, as he has exactly two posts this entire game. Maybe he shouldn't vote someone for lurking when lurking himself. Bad form there, so I will end with:
Scoop slam: SpyreX
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:24 am

Post by Sotty7 »

@VP: I'm talking about post 50 and post 55. Both times Archon made it clear his vote probably won't be sticking around. Why state this? It seems like he was really anxious for some reason or another.

@hambargarz: Others want to say Don has a PR, I don't believe it. Do you not think he would be run up right now if it was revealed that he doesn't have a post restriction?
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:23 am

Post by Kreriov »

@Sotty7 - I am a bit confused about the whole don PR thing. If by posting restriction you mean he has to vote for whomever last voted for him, then yes, he does seem to have a posting restriction. What I am not clear on is that he seems to possibly violates it three times - his first vote, a vote on Archon (though that was after he had voted for Fabian), and double voting Kise.

Anyway, it seems don either has or is trying to fake a voting, not posting, restriction. If it were revealed he has no voting restriction, I would certainly be suspicious of him. How do you prove it though?
Kreriov

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”