Newbie 807 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
dothefandango
dothefandango
Goon
dothefandango
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:08 am

Post by dothefandango »

My top suspicion is Kichirou. I can't vote for myself and CP seems to have the same suspicions as me.
oh yup
dothefandango
dothefandango
Goon
dothefandango
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:09 am

Post by dothefandango »

By that, I mean Snow and Kichirou went after CP with no reason, as far as I can see.
oh yup
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:20 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

What do you think of bgg's Kichirou vote?
#greenshirtthursdays
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:25 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Vote Count

Kichirou (4) Cancer, crazy, DTF, bgg

crazy (2) Snow, Kichirou
dothefanfango (1) CDB

Kichirou -
Mafia Goon
- Lynched Day 2

72 hours for night.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:19 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

crazypianist1116 -
Vanilla Townie
- Killed Night 2

Day 3

5 alive, 3 to lynch.

Deadline: 7 Aug 1030 BST (GMT+1)
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:37 pm

Well, that blows my DTF/bgg theory. That said, though, I still think there's reason to be suspicious of both of them. DTF's lynch-1 on Kard is no less opportunistic and flimsy, and bgg's hammer on Kichirou could well be an attempt to throw his scumbuddy under the bus, with the fact that Kichirou flipped scum being a reason for him to persuade us to ignore the terrible "I'm bored, let's get on with it" reasoning. The fact remains that he ignored what he claimed to be his real suspicion in favour of someone he didn't claim to be suspicious of at all.

Vote: bgg
FoS: DTF

Obviously only one of them can be scum, so discussion is needed (and of course I'm not ruling out anyone else, just that I think these two are far more likely).
#greenshirtthursdays
dothefandango
dothefandango
Goon
dothefandango
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:10 am

Post by dothefandango »

There is no reason bgg would ever do that, when he is in a complete position to NOT vote in his confidant. Also, I had hoped that Kichirou's guilt would get you off my case and realize that Kard's voting process was a joke, but I guess not.

Vote: SNOW WHITE

Let's end this.
oh yup
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:52 am

What's with the Snow White vote? And how does Kichirou being scum make your lynch-1 vote on Kard any better?

I'm not liking the "let's end this", either. Day's just started, and you sound like you just want to lynch and go home.
#greenshirtthursdays
dothefandango
dothefandango
Goon
dothefandango
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:46 am

Post by dothefandango »

The Kard thing is OVER. It's done. Kichirou and Snow White were in kahoots, it's obvious.
oh yup
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:50 am

No, DTF, just because it happened two game days ago doesn't make it any less likely to be scum behaviour. In fact,
unvote, vote: DTF
who is clearly trying to get rid of an issue that incriminates him.

If you think Kichirou and Snow White were buddies, find me some evidence. Don't just say it's obvious and assume that's enough.
#greenshirtthursdays
dothefandango
dothefandango
Goon
dothefandango
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:07 am

Post by dothefandango »

Well, CP died, correct? Here is where I would look first:
crazypianist116 wrote:Vote: Snow White
Snow White wanted CP dead:
Snow White wrote:Of course i could be just paranoid as hell. Im not saying you should all bandwagon CP, thats your choice, but for the time being, i like my vote.
Snow White wrote:I dont believe kichirou is scum. And unless proved otherwise this is all i will say on the matter.
I think it's time you say a little more.
oh yup
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:16 am

And here's where we get into the WIFOM territory I was talking about yesterday. Maybe the mafia want us to think that Snow White was scum? Maybe it's a double bluff and she really did kill him knowing we might think that? ...and so on. Both have equal logic, with equal chance of screwing us over. It's dangerous.

Also, you should presumably be suspicious of me, too - I didn't think Kichirou was scum either, I thought it was you and bgg.
#greenshirtthursdays
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:54 am

Post by bgg1996 »

Well, I'm lost.

I was GOING to vote dothefandango, but he voted for kichirou, and he made a good point on snow white.

Snow white was framed too many times to be a coincidence. If she was scum, then she could do this whenever she wants. And she was real friendly with kichirou.

I wish crazy was here, he seemed like the logical type. I would follow CDB's vote, but everyone sees the problem with that.

If I vote for DTF, and he's a good guy, then CDB will vote me, so I'm inclined to vote snow white, but I really should wait for everyone else to vote first.

Also, CDB, why did you vote me first? wasn't the only reason you voted me because you thought DTF and me were scumbuddies?
Snow White
Snow White
Goon
Snow White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:05 am

Post by Snow White »

Ok. I realise what i said about CP was now
TOTALLY
wrong (and CP if you are still keeping up to date with this, im truly sorry)

I also realise my lack of belief that Kichirou was mafia, is too pretty incrimanating but i genuinely did not see the reason for lynching him. I still dont but im glad that some people made the call.

@CDB i suspected you because when first reading things by you, you seemed more aggressive than you needed to be and i didnt see a reason for that.

@bbg1996. I suspected you because i wavered kard off voting you (page 6 post 141) because you made a vague threat about not knowing who to vote for "
yet
(page 5 post 124) i asked him later about it Page 7 post 152, Page 8 post 179 and Page 9 post 202.

As for the time being im not sure whether or not to vote DTF or bbg1996.

I believe i made one post as to be friendly to kichirou. It was
Snow White wrote:Hey Kichirou! Glad to know your back. Please let us know your ideas when you've caught up! :D
and i would do this to anyone i believe i even welcomed Meji to the game too.

@DTF if nothing else please answer me this.
Dothefandango wrote:If you noticed in the beginning, I pointed at Kard initially when I thought he was the most suspicious, with no reasons beyond my own opinion and a gut instinct. Then when it became clear that people were using other's crazy reasoning, I didn't feel it proper for someone to be bandwagon'd on Day 1.

I keep my vote where it is until I actually have motive to move it.

Then you were "bullied" into voting by cancer bottle, i presume? Who was if im not mistaken was stating a case around to voting for crazy?

@ DTF for one who could entertain the idea of me being innocent you are now anxious to rule out that possibility. Why?

(im not placing my vote yet, quite frankly im not sure my opinions are too reliable atm but i will if it is required of me but for the minute)
I like ignorant people.
Cause they dont talk to me, and i dont wanna be talked to.
dothefandango
dothefandango
Goon
dothefandango
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:33 am

Post by dothefandango »

Because it was too big of a deal for you even when none of us were caring/looking at it.
oh yup
Snow White
Snow White
Goon
Snow White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:28 pm

Post by Snow White »

Whoop.

So your willing to lynch an innocent. So be it.

Now if you could address the other questions i asked, it would be fantastic.
I like ignorant people.
CancerBottle
CancerBottle
Goon
CancerBottle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:16 pm

Post by CancerBottle »

Alright, so I finally have wrestled some time away from the camp directors and an a laptop from a fellow...inmate...to post.

Anyway, during the night phase, I took some time to re-read the thread. Way back when during the Great Kardwagon, I noticed this from Snow White:
Snow White wrote: CBD appears innocent because he has not a vote on Kard. But equally this could be WIFOM. And yet you continue to tunnel CancerBottle for his additional questions. You seem rather defensive CBD but i think this is just because your an IC and trying to get conversation started for the minute.
I don't see how CDB defending himself against what were gravely misguided suspicions is suspicious. Granted, these were only initial observations, but I find it odd that Snow White didn't post more about the strength of my argument against CDB, but rather that CDB is being "defensive." It seems like she was "storing" an argument for a later vote. Now, I realize I accused CDB of doing the same, but I think there's a stronger case of that "storing" here.

CDB has 3 votes on him.
2of the people have been fading from view and i think they had just bandwagoned to get things moving.
Neither of them have had much explainations to their votes and
i would like an explaination from Kirichou's "CDB's vote was random"
and bgg1996 "he's suspicious" before i vote for either one of them. They could have been plain old townies who just got bored after trying to rush the game along.
If they bandwagoned to "get things moving," then it seems like it would be best to bring them back into view. Notice, how Snow White doesn't ask for more explanation from Kichirou the Goon or Bgg, only more explanation before voting for either of them. Also, what more expanation were you expecting from Kichirou, Snow White, besides, "it was random"?
Kichirou wrote:I agree with snow someone was trying to frame her and push the magnifying glass away from them self so who was the person who had suspicions placed on them last round? Kard and Crazy we know it wasn't the Kard so that leaves Crazy and what do you know snow was voting for him.
Well, the above post was made by scum, and implicates a known townie.

What do you think Snow White? Another frame?
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston Churchill
CancerBottle
CancerBottle
Goon
CancerBottle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:21 pm

Post by CancerBottle »

Snow White wrote: Then you were "bullied" into voting by cancer bottle, i presume? Who was if im not mistaken was stating a case around to voting for crazy?
Most certainly not. I was pushing a vote for Kard, who's vote flipping we can all agree was suspicious.
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston Churchill
Snow White
Snow White
Goon
Snow White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:16 am

Post by Snow White »

Im not storing anything to my knowledge, it was just an observation.
Cancerbottle wrote: Snow Whire doesnt ask for more explaination from Kickirou the goon or Bgg, only more explanation before voting for either of them
what is it you are hoping for me to explain about that?

Like why did he keep his vote their and what were his opinions then.

There's nothing else it could have been. I dont expect you to believe it but ive defended myself as well as i can.

I most certainly did not agree that Kard was suspicious. But thats over with now.

I assumed you were trying to get DTF to vote Crazy due to:
Dothefandango" wrote: Wouldn't that seem hypocritical? If anything, that would allure me to vote for crazypianist
My bad.
I like ignorant people.
CancerBottle
CancerBottle
Goon
CancerBottle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:38 am

Post by CancerBottle »

Snow White wrote:
Cancerbottle wrote: Snow White doesn't ask for more explanation from Kickirou the Goon or Bgg, only more explanation before voting for either of them
what is it you are hoping for me to explain about that?
It looks like you're trying to avoid voting for either of them. As if you're worried you'll be forced to cast a vote for either of them.
Snow White
Snow White
Goon
Snow White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:52 am

Post by Snow White »

At this stage the person i was most adament was scum just flipped town. Im not that sure i want to vote for anyone else and have it blow up in my face if im not voted ooff today.
I like ignorant people.
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:47 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

Since everyone has shown up, I guess I should vote now.
This vote is inclined to change.

I vote snow white.

She was framed twice too many.
kichirou and snow white protected eachother a lot. It's one thing not to suspect someone, but another thing entirely to protect them.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:42 pm

So both my scum suspects made a quick vote on Snow White. I am now definitely not going to vote Snow White today. (Also, for god's sake, someone UNVOTE, at this stage we definitely don't want a quicklynch)

Also, DTF, you haven't answered my question - why aren't you suspicious of me as well, because I didn't think Kichirou was scum either?

bgg - you haven't responded to my earlier vote on you. I find that somewhat odd.
#greenshirtthursdays
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:20 am

Post by bgg1996 »

You haven't answered my question.
Why did you vote me rather than dothefandango?

I think you did it to apply pressure to me, but I don't know.
Why?
People both love and hate me... Without the 'love' part.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:24 am

There was no particular reason for choosing one over the other, and I couldn't vote both of you. I've since switched to DTF because it looks like he's trying to pretend his scummy behaviour happened too long ago to be important now. And all my votes are for pressure, that's what votes are for.
#greenshirtthursdays

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”