Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:40 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Karate Chop: Archon

Nothing more to say, I don't like the behavior of the Red Wings fan though.

The "Damn near quittin' time...again!" holdcount

Archon (5) - Locke Lamora, Sotty7, VP Baltar, DDD, don_johnson

Locke Lamora (3) - xxFabianxx, SpyreX, massive

SpyreX (1) - Kise
Debonair Danny DiPietro (1) - hambargarz
massive (1) - Archon
don_johnson (1) - Kreriov

hambargarz (0) -
VP Baltar (0) -
Kise (0) -
Sotty7 (0) -
xxFabianxx (0) -
Kreriov (0) -

Relaxing in the neutral corner:
None!

With 12 wrestlers in the ring, it takes 7 to throw someone out.
xxFabianxx
xxFabianxx
Goon
xxFabianxx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:50 am

Post by xxFabianxx »

LL: Yes, I put it down to a brainfart on his part because I found his claim to be believable. What doesn't make sense about that? It's pretty straight forward.

Alright, with the deadline looming here I see only one option.
We can learn from an Archon lynch, remove some WIFOM and speculation about roles from the game if he flips town, and the obvious if he flips scum, so even though there is reasonable doubt in my mind,

Strong Irish Whip into the turnbuckle: Archon
Indubitable
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:18 am

Post by massive »

That should be 6/7 so I imagine we're going ahead with Archon. I'm watching the thread and will lay on the last vote in about five hours; any other questions people want answered before we go?

Fabian, I'm kinda surprised at your post right above mine. You were one of the strongest advocates for Archon's role claim being true. Is lynching him for information that much more valuable than your belief that he's town?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
xxFabianxx
xxFabianxx
Goon
xxFabianxx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:39 am

Post by xxFabianxx »

I think today it is, yes.
I have put myself on the line and backed up someone in a game before who I thought was town on Day 1, and refused to vote, but there are too many doubts and too much speculation in this game that will only continue tomorrow if we go to a No Lynch, and I think the town will be in a stronger position tomorrow for it.
Indubitable
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Keep in mind that I think this is weak.

However, it is almost deadline and nothing, absolutely nothing is going to change. After seeing how this day has went...

Moonwalk Chokeslam: Archon

(YES I THINK I AM LYNCHING TOWN GG)
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by hambargarz »

@DDD post 186: So you do admit following another person to vote. If you truly believe that I was where you're vote should be, you should have taken action and just voted. This shows you have a clear position. Waiting for someone to vote and following that vote makes you appear wishy washy and opportunistic. As if you weren't going to follow up your position if you were the only one. A very scummy play in my opinion, a townie who truly thought I was number one scum candidate would have conviction and not have to seek "pre-approval" from other players.

@DDD post 189: I believe lynching a townie is still better than no lynch. Without some kind of extra information (having a power or being scum) there is no way to be certain that a player is town. If you "firmly believed" a player was town, and everyone though he
WHAM, <Bobby:> WHAT A PERFECTLY EXECUTED BACK-BRAIN KICK!!!
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

@205 – Yeah, you’re coming off as a hypocrite on this topic. You claim it would’ve been unacceptable for me to leave my vote on the person I deemed second most likely to be scum at the time even though a vote for my top candidate would’ve been completely ineffective. Yet somehow you suggest that your voting for a player who you believe is town and is way down on your list is acceptable?

Either we should all only be voting for the person we believe most likely to be scum or we all are allowed to make concessions to common sense concerns such as the viability of a given lynch or an impending deadline. Your attempt to apply a double standard is noted.
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:39 pm

Post by hambargarz »

I think you might have misunderstood me or maybe I wasn't clear.

I meant, lynching a townie or someone you don't particularly want to lynch is better than not lynching. I'm talking about voting when the deadline is close and consensus is needed. It's irresponsible to the town to risk no lynch.

When I referred to voting who you believe is your number one, I meant this in another context. ie. no danger of no lynch/no consensus forming without your vote.

I don't like the way you interpreted my post though, maybe you are forming some bias against me (tunneling perhaps), or maybe you have an agenda and are just searching for anything to argue against me.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by Porkens »

End of Day 1!

The "Final" holdcount

Archon (7 <THROWN OUT>) - Locke Lamora, Sotty7, VP Baltar, DDD, don_johnson, xxFabianxx, SpyreX

Locke Lamora (1) - massive

SpyreX (1) - Kise
Debonair Danny DiPietro (1) - hambargarz
massive (1) - Archon
don_johnson (1) - Kreriov

hambargarz (0) -
VP Baltar (0) -
Kise (0) -
Sotty7 (0) -
xxFabianxx (0) -
Kreriov (0) -

Relaxing in the neutral corner:
None!

With 12 wrestlers in the ring, it takes 7 to throw someone out.

The crowd erupts into bedlam as Archon is pushed closer and closer to the edge of the ring by the other wrestlers. Mean Gene and Bobby Heenan comment...

Bobby:
Look at that, just look at that, Archon simply will not give up, what a consummate professional!

Gene:
Are you kidding me Brain?! This guy is holding on for dear life...OH MY GOD LOOK AT THAT!

Bobby:
NO! The Moonwalk Chokeslam!

Gene:
That's right Brain, just look at the strength! The Moonwalk Chokeslam, the single most powerful Chokeslam in all of Professional Wrestling AND HE'S OUT OF THE RING! ARCHON HAS BEEN ELIMINATED FROM THIS BATTLE ROYALE

Bobby:
NO, NO, NO, that was an illegal move! Where are the referees looking?! What is this?!

Archon,
Jake "The Snake" Roberts,
heel
Jobber
has been Moonwalk Chokeslammed out of the ring!

The crowd goes wild but then falls dead silent as all the lights in the arena go out!!!!!! What will happen with no one able to see the match?!

It is now "Night 1"
  • The lights will be off for 48 hours from the time of this post.
  • During this time, anyone who has the ability may utilize their nightspeak.
  • Any/All night actions must be submitted by the posted deadline to take effect.
Last edited by Porkens on Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:06 am, edited 4 times in total.