camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:18 am

Post by camn »

Benmage wrote:If you gave initial context it wouldn't have been an omgus-vote/seemed scummy/made you look like a bad player. I don't know if the wiki offers a handbook or something, but I'd suggest playing some more newbie games, they may be more fitting.

Wow.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:18 am

Post by Benmage »

camn wrote: Wow.
You're telling me :?
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:36 am

Post by camn »

Well, show me how it's done, then, BIG GUY!
I will proxy my vote to you for the rest of the day. Sonce you are so awesome, your vote SHOULD count for double, right?!

Lets see how EPIC of a player you really are!

VOTE: MASTIN
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:41 am

Post by Benmage »

Oh, I don't mean to be claiming I'm anything special. Just the ability to recognize shit when I see it.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:45 am

Post by camn »

Look.. we will see how good you are.
We'll see how much 'shit' you can recognize.
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:57 am

Post by jammer »

Benmage wrote:If you gave initial context it wouldn't have been an omgus-vote/seemed scummy/made you look like a bad player. I don't know if the wiki offers a handbook or something, but I'd suggest playing some more newbie games, they may be more fitting.
Definition of OMGUS. Wiki is fine, I learned some definitions. Still plenty of room for inprovement in the wiki, through.

@Camn, what do you think about Gieff's 'cases' on you?
Do you think he is mafia trying to mislynch you or overeager town?
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:11 am

Post by GIEFF »

jammer wrote:@Camn, what do you think about Gieff's 'cases' on you?
You give two options for camn to choose from.

Both assume camn is town.

Why?
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:28 am

Post by GIEFF »

Benmage wrote:
GIEFF wrote:I don't know why both Sensfan and BM claim they see nothing scummy about camn.

• She has contributed little to no scumhunting.
  • She has shown she is more concerned about how she is viewed by the town than about catching scum.
  • She strongly over-reacted to my investigation of her meta, and OMGUS-voted me. Once again, this was NOT about scumhunting, but about protecting how she is viewed by the town, as evidenced by how weakly she pursued it.
She just seems like a poor player to me.
She is not a poor player. In fact, she has been nominated for the best individual performance by a pro-town player.
Benmage wrote:No prior/lead-up explanation. Just a vote. Period. End of story. That in my book is a quintessential example of an “omgus” vote.
That is NOT what an OMGUS vote is. An OMGUS vote is a vote for somebody who has been attacking you. It's not a big deal - it is only scummy insofar as voting people for reasons OTHER than trying to catch scum can be scummy, and that it can serve as a proxy for more substantial scumhunting.

Benmage, you seem to be purposefully trying to upset camn - why?
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:33 am

Post by camn »

I think overeager town.. but almost to such an extent that it warrants a policy lynch.

And GEIFF.. you could be 'overeager town' regardless of my alignment, no?
So only ONE of jammer's options assume I am town, contrary to your above statement.
(He also left out 'mafia bussing his partner'... which could TOTALLY be true from an outside perspective... given you are the only vote on me.)

Thank you for defending me to benmage. I just deleted something nasty I said about you... :)
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:52 am

Post by GIEFF »

No, both of jammer's two choices assume you are town.
jammer wrote:@Camn, what do you think about Gieff's 'cases' on you?

Note also that jammer gives you a falsely binary choice (or a False dilemma, as the all-knowing, scum-catching, infallible wiki puts it). There are obviously more than 2 options, yet jammer gives you only two options to choose from - both of which are designed to make me look bad, and both of which assume camn is town. There is no reason for a townie to try to fit reality into a two-option scenario.

camn wrote:And GEIFF.. you could be 'overeager town' regardless of my alignment, no?
If you are scum, how can my pursuing your lynch be over-eager? Why answer for jammer?

camn wrote:Except don't think KMD is older or wiser.
He simply has played a ton of games with me.. whereas you have not.
If you are actually interested in truth, it would be silly to ignore his insight.... especially considering your reliance on my 'meta'.
Of course, no one really thinks you are interested in the truth....
My case it not all that reliant on "meta" - I simply link to other games to strengthen it. KMD has more authority than I do on your meta, so you appealed to his authority on that subject, hoping KMD's opinion negates the (ample) evidence I presented. It does not.
camn wrote:You know what I am already dreading? That this weekend, when, as I have already mentioned, I fully intend on getting down to the biz of reviewing EVERY player for scumminess.... I am going to hear your dumb "appeasement" argument.

It won't be that I am no longer acting 'scummy' according to you.. but that I am 'appeasing' you, which is also 'scummy'.
I would love to see your list of all players and your thoughts of them, and I will not say this is appeasement, nor will I think it.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:22 pm

Post by camn »

Good. because I was dreading it.
It just takes me a long time in these big games to do a comprehensive analysis, like I like to do! (I do them as scum, too.. so it will be a NULL TELL!)

And re: you ' linking to other games to strengthen it'....
You say I am NOT DOING X... and thus I am scum... but Those things I do, I do in my scumgames too! Pretty much ANY Mini game I will do a PBPA whenever things get slow. So me NOT doing them here goes against my SCUM meta, too!

This being a large game might be throwing me off, I think. I don't play a lot of large games.. mostly minis.
If you are scum, how can my pursuing your lynch be over-eager? Why answer for jammer?
If you push a poor case on someone.. it is poor regardless.
Like.. this game I just finished.. I desperately wanted to lurkerlynch early on. If the lurkers HAPPENED to be scum.. would that have made it any less of a lurkerlynch? Nope. Still a lurkerlynch. Just a lucky one.

And why answer for Jammer? In your words:
Was your question meant to reveal logical inconsistencies on his part? I did not think so, and as I think it revealed YOUR logical inconsistencies, I brought it up.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by GIEFF »

camn wrote:If you push a poor case on someone.. it is poor regardless.
That is a fair point, but I think it is clear from jammer's question that he is assuming you are town, which, if you ARE town, you should find scummalicious.

I didn't think the question you were asking alex and benmage was scumhunting, but I thought it was pretty clear that my question to jammer was. I answered your question not as a defense of alex or benmage, but as an attack on you. Was your answering jammer's question an attack on me?

Jammer, I'd still like you to answer the question. What do you think the odds are that camn is scum?

camn wrote:And re: you ' linking to other games to strengthen it'....
You say I am NOT DOING X... and thus I am scum... but Those things I do, I do in my scumgames too! Pretty much ANY Mini game I will do a PBPA whenever things get slow. So me NOT doing them here goes against my SCUM meta, too!
I read two of your scum games, and you are absolutely right. I will not include that meta-argument when I summarize my case on you.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by camn »

GEIFF...

We gotta do something about this.

a) Your case on me is going nowhere.
b) Our argument is NOT helping this game.
c) I am rather convinced it is town vs. town
d) Tons of GOOD leads at finding scum and other things that need attention are falling thought the cracks..
E.G:
---your BM case.
---the Mastin Wagon
---god knows what else.

THUS. I offer you Détente.

If you stop provoking me, I will lay off as well.. and we can pick this up some other day.

Do you accept?

I hope you will, because this has been making me very tired!
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by GIEFF »

I agree, camn - our massive exchanges are very bad for the town, and a lot is falling through the cracks, and the pages and pages provide a convenient excuse for lurkers to remain lurking. I would like to summarize my case on you one last time, but I will try to do it in as non-provoking and concise a way as possible. I have not provoked you intentionally, and if I hurt your feelings, I apologize. It's much easier to be buddy-buddy when I know your win condition matches mine...

I would like others to comment on my case on BM, including BM himself providing his town-explanations for his actions, so people can compare them to my scum-explanations, and see which make more sense.

And I would like Mastin to stop lurking.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Ugh, epic catch up post....and just from skimming I am judging there is much tit for tat between GIEFF and camn to slog through.

---------------------------
benmage wrote:I like that I have inspired some interesting articulation.
Someone has to keep in interesting.
GIEFF wrote:Of COURSE that makes sense. Lurkers are bad for the town. Why would scum want to remove them?

This also shows that you are tailoring your behavior to what you think others will perceive as scummy.
Wait, so you are saying that she is avoiding tunnelling on lurkers so she will looking intentionally scummy? I don't get what you are arguing here.
GIEFF wrote:Here is what I know:

I know that you have grudge-killed kmd twice.
I know that both times you did so, you used a power (vig or scum) you would NOT have as a vanilla townie
I know you don't think the word "kill" applies to lynches.
I know you said you wouldn't kill him this game.
I'm sorry, but I always find people trying to push "slips" like this as either being idiotic or scummy.
BattleMage wrote:Also,
Unvote, Vote: VP Baltar

His reaction to Mastin really rubs me up the wrong way.
Alright?
alex wrote:Yes, I do and, as I said, not only about your waggon.
I find it humorous how you are trying to parry GIEFF into your Mastin defence.
alex wrote:But you don't notice that because you seem to live in your little monotematic world when there must always be ONE player in the gutter and all the others should rest...
well boo-hoo. blatant appeal to emotion.
Mastin wrote:I control the game by bussing my partners heavily, making me look better, or them look better, buddying/ignoring pro-town players, confusing players intentionally instead of unintentionally, appeal to players I know to get them on my side, etc.

Nope, not doing that this game.
In fairness, you haven't hardly posted in this game.
Battle Mage wrote:Haha, not only OMGUS, but you had to wait to see if Mastin was gonna support you or not, first.
This doesn't make much sense....time for me to start drinking instead of doing this reread.

End page 15...rest tomorrow.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

/sigh

I just cannot seem to force myself to read and post. I have no idea why this is, and it's bothering me to no end. I was looking forward to playing with this group. Pah. I can't seem to make myself post, and I'm not going to keep dragging the game down by my being a lurker. I'm requesting replacement. Sorry guys.

@Mod: Requesting replacement. PMing you now
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:33 pm

Post by Yaw »

Sorry to hear that.

blackcatcontract will be replacing Kairyuu. Thanks to Kairyuu for finding his own replacement, that was much appreciated.
Success breeds suspicion
blackcatcontract
blackcatcontract
Townie
blackcatcontract
Townie
Townie

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:42 pm

Post by blackcatcontract »

/confirm

/unvote

I'll be reading this thread now... So many walls of text... :shock:
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

GIEFF wrote:KMD has contributed very little scumhunting. I don't like his vote on me, and retro-active attempt to justify it. I didn't like his adamant defense of you, and his assumption that my case was crap before he knew what it was, but as he doesn't appear to be the only one to think my case sucks, that's not as big a deal.
How have I not scumhunted? I've already caught you and alexhans.

What is wrong with my vote on you?

I defended Camn because I think she is town, I think you are scum, and I didn't like the case.

Why do you think I didn't know the case? I knew what it was. I just happened to disagree with it.
camn wrote: Plus, although we like each other, both of us would be very happy to see the other dead... so I would guess his reads are as unbiased as one can expect.
This is pretty accurate here. :lol:
camn wrote: Unless, of course, you are implying that we are scumbuddies. Are you?
Heh, that would be fun.
GIEFF wrote: I am not implying you are scumbuddies, unless KMD starts making quote pyramids.
Bad argument like it was there. I was town in that game and so was Empking.
Benmage wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:(That's the reason
I
joined this game. :lol: )
Didn’t you just go on a tangent of you two vengefully killing eachother… O.o …
Yep. Just cuz killing each other is fun doesn't mean playing together isn't. :lol:
Benmage wrote: I can’t read this Gieff vs Camn/KmD conflict anymore. It rivals BM vs Alex in fluff/uselessness/and has totally derailed any direction for the day. It also makes catching up in this game less favorable than slamming ones head in to the wall. Regardless I still think a Mastin lynch is best thus far. I really wish he wasn’t only on page 3…*sigh*
How is it distracting? I think it has added a lot to the game.
Ouch!
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:31 pm

Post by camn »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Ouch!
I know, right!?

-------------------
I accept your terms, GEIFF.. and I thank you for your kind tone.
Luckily, we have a long game ahead of us to settle things.
blackcatcontract
blackcatcontract
Townie
blackcatcontract
Townie
Townie

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:17 pm

Post by blackcatcontract »

Argh!
So many walls of text. I've literally read EVERY SINGLE LINE OF TEXT up to the beginning of page 14. :cry:
I'm tired now. I'll read the rest tomorrow and do posts and stuff.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:08 am

Post by SensFan »

Unvote: Vote Mastin

Will come back to GIEFF tomorrow.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:09 am

Post by SensFan »

Oops, didn't realize that was a L-1 vote.

Unvote.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:48 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Quick and dirty view of the camn/GIEFF kerfuffle. I agree that camn really hasn't been doing any scumhunting. However, both camn and kmd have suggested that's consistent with her town meta so while it bothers me I'm not convinced a strong tell. Furthermore, GIEFF keeps trying to drive home the idea that defensiveness is a scumtell and I completely disagree with that idea. Players of either alignment get defensive when attacked; granted they don't usually get as emotional as camn did but I'd bank on that being personality more than alignment.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”