Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:53 am

Post by Seol »

Dragon Slayer wrote:
Vote Count

7 Mith (Electra, Iammars, Locus Cosecant, Peachy, PeaceBringer, rolandofthewhite, SinisterOverlord)
6 Locus Cosecant (Coron, Genocide Heart, Olio, PookyTheMagicalBear, SubtleTactix, Thoth)
2 Peacebringer (Fuldu, Mith)
1 Gaspode (Seol)

13 to lynch
Heh, somehow I don't believe my lurker vote is going to have the desired prodding effect.
unvote, vote: Locus Cosecant
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:10 pm

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Voting me to get the day over with won't work. We should go with our investigation on mith.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
Pro-Town: 14 of 17 games
Doctor: 3 of 17 games
Cop: 2 of 17 games
Wins: 12 of 17 games
Lynched Scum: 16 of 27 lynches
Vig-killed Scum: 1 of 1 vig-kills
Survived/NightKilled/Lynched: 5/11/1 games
[/size]
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:58 pm

Post by olio »

Aelyn wrote:Sorry I've been posting so little; without claims and counter-claims, this game has kinda lost interest for me.
You did take a look at the rules? There isn't going to be claims and counter-claims like in normal game. Do you think your interest for this game will ever rise?
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:33 pm

Post by mith »

Er, how many votes on me does that make? Please don't rushlynch me before I have a chance to prove my innocence.
This was posted... almost a week ago? Part of that may have been spent waiting on the mod (though, shame on anyone for being too lazy to count votes on their own if needed), but then we get:
Voting me to get the day over with won't work. We should go with our investigation on mith.
Is that your brilliant defense? *One* person posted that they were voting for you to get day over with, and you respond to that, rather than all the other people who are quite suspicious of your behavior. "Well, by all means, lynch me for trusting the cop" and "We should go with our investigation on mith" don't hold up when the cop is voting for you.

So how do we want to do this, guys? Lynch Locus, and I kill... PB? Gaspode or korais? Or should everyone unvote Locus and I'll target him, and we'll lynch someone else?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:25 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

we definitely need to get some prods going on here,

Mith, plz tell me us who you're targetting b4 nightfall, I don't wanna waste an investigation.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:33 am

Post by Aelyn »

olio wrote:
Aelyn wrote:Sorry I've been posting so little; without claims and counter-claims, this game has kinda lost interest for me.
You did take a look at the rules? There isn't going to be claims and counter-claims like in normal game. Do you think your interest for this game will ever rise?
Well, yeah, I looked at the rules. I wasn't anticipating that special rule when I signed up, but that doesn't mean I don't want to play.

Make no mistake. It's not the lack of roleclaims that I find dull, it's the lack of conversation in general. Thing is, normally games get dull for a while, a bandwagon starts up, and someone roleclaims. Then there's a whole lot of discussion, and my interest is piqued.

My interest will certainly rise each morning (plenty of stuff to talk about then!), but with a day as long as this one without significant discussion points like claims, it's too easy for me to lose interest. I apologise, and will try to post more regularly.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:33 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Deadline will be posted soon.
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:56 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Dammit, I guess that forces my hand. Would you mind prodding or replacing some people, instead of setting a deadline?

There's someone out there who can confirm me. I don't want to force that player to come out, but... lazarusmoth and Genocide Heart, as you can see from my posts Day 1 and Day 2. The ball's in your court now. If you want to confirm me, you can.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
[/size]
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:06 am

Post by Seol »

Locus Cosecant wrote:lazarusmoth and Genocide Heart, as you can see from my posts Day 1 and Day 2. The ball's in your court now. If you want to confirm me, you can.
The only references I can see to lazarusmoth and Genocide Heart day 1 and 2 are:
Locus Cosecant wrote:Poor Pepper. :( I'm so distraught over her death, I'm gonna have to random vote: lazarusmoth. Got it?
Locus Cosecant wrote:Oh, and I forgot to mention (should have said this first off). Where is Genocide Heart? I remember him as scummy from yestiddy.
Which gives me the impression that, if anything, you had
less
reason to trust them than anyone else. Obviously I want to hear what laz and Gen have to say, but I'm confused why you'd attack people who you might later rely on for confirmation. Doesn't quite smell right to me.
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:26 am

Post by mith »

Ditto. Though I agree with "Would you mind prodding or replacing some people, instead of setting a deadline?"
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:13 am

Post by Fuldu »

Okay, based on my (not necessarily accurate) read of their respective non-claims, I see a conflict between what Locus is saying and what mith is saying. With the threat of a deadline and each of them offering a different manner of proof, I'm going to have to side with Locus (barring posts from his named associates that express bafflement at his asking for confirmation). mith has an investigative result against him. Locus' supposed confirmation can happen today, where mith's requires waiting until tomorrow; scum with one-shot abilities (or other odd roles that are fairly common in themed games) often gain a great deal by stalling an extra day. If mith is the vig he claims, we lose less by lynching him than we lose if Locus is who I think he is.

unvote: PeaceBringer; vote: mith
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:31 am

Post by mith »

...I don't even know what to say to that, really. I guess I can see why you might think that Locus is claiming what I think you think he's claiming (read it again, it makes sense), but it's tenuous at best, and obviously not what I am claiming anyway if other people are involved. If someone else could confirm my role, they would have done so by now. Beyond that, it seems a bit idiotic to vote for me *before* hearing what laz and Gen have to say, even without all the assumptions you're making; it's not as though by letting him off you would be saving them from being revealed as whatever they may be. And, whether Locus can or can not confirm, which we'll see, that doesn't change the argument about whether I should be given the night or not, and so the sudden declaration that "scum with one-shot abilities (or other odd roles that are fairly common in themed games) often gain a great deal by stalling an extra day" is quite odd.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:37 am

Post by mith »

Oh, and Pooky, I plan on it, that's why I keep asking who you guys *want* me to target. I think those of us who actually discussed it (all three of us) agreed that it would be best if the town chose anyway.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:21 am

Post by Fuldu »

Not that you probably want to hear my opinion on it any more, mith, but if you survive to night, I still think PeaceBringer is a good target.

And I don't think that you and Locus are claiming the same character (and clearly not the same mafia role), but I do think that the totalities of your claims are at odds. Given that I don't believe that both of them are true, the "scum with one-shot abilities" argument gains in stature, by my view. The more likely I think it is that you're scum, the greater the cost of letting you live to night, and Locus has increased my belief that you're scum.

As for the argument that I ought to have waited to move my vote, I would point out that you're still six away from a lynch and I'd like to further point out that a close split like this with extra votes on unproductive small bandwagons is going to result in us failing to meet the deadline lynch conditions,
again
Desperate Heart
Desperate Heart
Townie
Desperate Heart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:51 am

Post by Desperate Heart »

Locus Cosecant wrote:There's someone out there who can confirm me. I don't want to force that player to come out, but... lazarusmoth and Genocide Heart, as you can see from my posts Day 1 and Day 2. The ball's in your court now. If you want to confirm me, you can.
Er..?

This looks like a coherant message with a totally unrelated sentence dropped in the middle of it. As such, I have absolutely no clue what you're trying to say.

If there's a connection between me, you, and laz tied into your day 1 posts that confirms your innocence or whatever the fuck it is you're attempting to communicate, I'm missing it completely.

Maybe I'm just missing it because I'm tired or lazy, but if you could write that again in shorter words and sentences for me I'd appreciate it, because right now I feel all stupid :(
Fuldu wrote:mith has an investigative result against him.
A very weak one, though. This is opposed to the obviously clear examples of poor play and scumminess shown by Locus and PB. Since I've failed to figure out the magical hidden mystery behind Locus' last post this makes those two scummier than Mith.

Until I find out what Locus is saying, and quite possibly after I find out to, I'm willing to give Mith the night to kill whichever one of Locus and PB that we don't lynch.
[i]There is only ONE god:
He is the SUN god:
Ra! Ra! Ra![/i]
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:57 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »

The message isn't for you, Genocide Heart. I'm just letting the person who can save my ass know that my ass does in fact need saving.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
[/size]
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:16 am

Post by Fuldu »

Locus Cosecant wrote:The message isn't for you, Genocide Heart. I'm just letting the person who can save my ass know that my ass does in fact need saving.
Oh, then that completely demolishes my interpretation of the situation. Damn.
unvote: mith

Still, we need to make sure that if we're given a deadline that we don't screw it up, and while PeaceBringer is back to being my first choice, I don't think there's any hope of pulling that off with the levels of participation we're seeing.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:29 am

Post by Coron »

Hmmm somehow I don't think LC is weird enough to pull off this stunt as scum.
unvote: Locus Vote: PeaceBringer
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:59 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

coron, there's no point in havivng random extraneous votes hurting us by getting us into nolynch repeatedly, Fuldu already mentioned this,

I think the best way to deal with this situation is to lynch Locus and let Mith do his thing on PB at night, if by tommorrow it's very obvious mith is not scum by the way PB dies then we're fine, if it isn't we can lynch him.

What we don't need is another nolynch screwing us over due to low participation levels.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:25 pm

Post by Locus Cosecant »

If you lynch a confirmed player because of a deadline, you suck. Hard. *coughSimpsonscough* :evil:
Show
[size=75]Stats:
[/size]
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:44 pm

Post by Coron »

how about we no lynch, don't lose a protown player and have mith kill pb? see how that works better?
so... need a new bandwagon.
unvote
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:46 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Well, Locus, you're not confirmed yet. All you've done is say that there's someone who
can
confirm you. If it turns out to be Electra (who has been off-site for three weeks, I believe), that's going to suck for you, but it's not going to mean that town was wrong to lynch you (in the event that we do). I could say that there's someone out there who can confirm me as pro-town, but that wouldn't make it true. And if no one came through to verify that (which, of course, no one would) I'd hardly expect the fact that I had said it to protect me.
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:28 pm

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Well, if the mod had any sense, he'd replace those who dropped out before he set a deadline.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
[/size]
Peachy
Peachy
Townie
Peachy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:59 pm

Post by Peachy »

Coron wrote:how about we no lynch, don't lose a protown player and have mith kill pb? see how that works better?
so... need a new bandwagon.
unvote
A no lynch doesn't really make sense for the town. Maybe it's true that we should not lynch mith or Locus Cosecant. I like mith targeting PB or Locus Cosecant tonight.

However, choosing a no lynch because we can't find a good scummy candidate just means we aren't looking hard enough. Ignoring any special vig/SK abilities that a townie may have, day time lynches are our one solid shot to try to eliminate scum from the game and thereby improve our odds. Don't be lazy folks, we can do better.

I'd wager there would be no deadline if more of us were posting and trying to get more information. So, lets do it!

unvote: mith

vote: Doom Cow
for six super short posts that either cast votes/unvotes or apologize for being inactive
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:34 am

Post by Coron »

[n]Vote: Doom Cow[/b]

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”