Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:26 pm

Post by Sho Minamimoto »

muzzz wrote:
Sho Minamimoto wrote:and I'll pretend you're
i
Fixed it for you. Lololol. :roll:

@Frankie: you seem to have more theories than suspicions. Why would you want to go after someone who makes stuff complicated, instead of someone else? Say, someone scummy?
Fixed your fix.
root-1=
i
as a variable, not just an "i."

Although, this does make me feel bad in the sense that a joke isn't funny if it must be explained.

@Exalt:

I might be mistaken, but speaking of ongoing games is techinically against the rules. To what extent this is enforced, I'll leave that alone. Last thing I want is to be a root-1.

Vote Count #2

Vote Counts shall now have minor flavor, in italics.

"Zetta zetta zetta," proclaimed Sho Minamimoto. Using his translator, Alduskkel recognized this as a vote for Santos.

Kise (2) - Kise, ekiM
Debonair Danny DiPietro (2) - Toro, itacv2
Toro (2) - Frankie Peanuts, Raivann
Exalt (1) - Debonair Danny DiPietro
Sho Minamimoto (1) - muzzz
Santos (1) - Sho Minamimoto
This is my latest masterpiece. I call it: "Myself!"

One mafia win and one mafia loss... CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:49 pm

Post by Toro »

muzzz wrote:Huh? That statement wasn't intended to say anything at all about DDD.

What makes you think it was?
V This. V
muzzz wrote:Fixed it for you. Lololol.

@Frankie: you seem to have more theories than suspicions. Why would you want to go after someone who makes stuff complicated, instead of someone else? Say, someone scummy?
You're saying that DDD is town by saying he's not scummy, and you think he's just trying to make stuff complicated? So I'll repeat the question...

Are you saying that DDD is town?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:42 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Sho Minamimoto wrote:I might be mistaken, but speaking of ongoing games is techinically against the rules. To what extent this is enforced, I'll leave that alone.
Actually, it isn't in the rules, but I'm invoking Rule 1 and adding it.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:46 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Defensive? Jumpy? I was going for sarcastic jerk, seemingly I missed the target on that one.

I'm curious about Exalt's answer to Sho's question about policy lynches as well.
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:33 am

Post by muzzz »

Toro wrote:You're saying that DDD is town by saying he's not scummy, and you think he's just trying to make stuff complicated? So I'll repeat the question...

*counts to ten*

No, I already said that that statement was in no way meant to be related to DDD.

I think you're misinterpreting the post by Frankie that I was replying to. At least, I doubt that "the person who is trying to make the game the most complicated without provocation" was referring to DDD.

@Sho: a pascal is a unit. A hectopascal is simply a hundred of those units. And even units can be factored. For example, W = U * I.
Most justified random vote ever:
"Vote: muzzz for making my girlfriend think you were me" - Rai
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:03 am

Post by Exalt »

Sho Minamimoto wrote:
Exalt wrote:
ekiM wrote: Exalt, I don't really understand why you placed a random vote and then removed it without placing it elsewhere. What does that accomplish?
At this point, I am assuming we are going past the RVS stage, so I'm not going to keep a vote on someone simply because they are an asshole. That doesn't make them scummy. Once I find a real reason to vote someone I will do it, trust me :) I don't have hesitations to vote ever, but I would at least like a good reason for it, ya know?
So a policy lynch=good reason?
I would like this clarified for future reference.
Point out to me where I have ever said this. A policy lynch is completely different than lynching you, because you are distracting and detrimental to town in every way shape and form where it becomes scummy every time you post. I am willing to go out on a limb at this stage in the game and say you are a terrible player. Maybe this is all just a test to see if the play style works, or maybe this is your actual play style, but I like neither. I can say it reminds me of things I have done in the past (minus the character emulation and the stupid words) and it CAN work, but when it distracts town it fails. Stick to the "piss everyone off" style when you can focus it on one player that you think is scummy to make them slip up. Focusing this play on every person in the game is going to be counter-productive. You have to know what you are doing if you are going to use such an abrasive play style, and I don't think you do.
Sho Minamimoto
Sho Minamimoto
Goon
Sho Minamimoto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by Sho Minamimoto »

muzzz wrote:
Toro wrote:You're saying that DDD is town by saying he's not scummy, and you think he's just trying to make stuff complicated? So I'll repeat the question...

*counts to ten*

No, I already said that that statement was in no way meant to be related to DDD.

I think you're misinterpreting the post by Frankie that I was replying to. At least, I doubt that "the person who is trying to make the game the most complicated without provocation" was referring to DDD.

@Sho: a pascal is a unit. A hectopascal is simply a hundred of those units. And even units can be factored. For example, W = U * I.
Those are rates of exchange. A hundred pennies = 1 dollar. However, you cannot factor a dollar into a hundred pennies. They have equivalent worth.

You *CAN* factor 100 into 10x10 or 5x20. A hectopascal, as a unit, is not able to be factored. (This is to say you cannot factor out a hectopascal itself.)

@Exalt: You have dodged the question. Empking, zwetchenwasser, and killaseven have highly annoying play styles. A one Dejkha has a policy of lynching Empking for his play style. You have threatened, I use the term lightly, to vote me because your opinion holds that my play style is detrimental. I am asking if a policy lynch=good reason. You seem to advocate policy lynching me, by mild hint, and you also said that you won't move your vote without a good reason. So, I ask again:

Does a policy lynch=good reason? Oh, and please refrain from dodging the question again with deflection.
This is my latest masterpiece. I call it: "Myself!"

One mafia win and one mafia loss... CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by Kise »

ekiM wrote:Self-voting in RVS is anti-town because it denies the town some interactions to work from. Any attempt to reduce the amount of information you're giving in the early game is scummy, because only scum have a motive for it.
I actually did that to lay a trap. It was already announced that I was on V/LA, yet you're taking the RVS so serious, that it's almost funny to me. Notice how you were the only one to nitpick at my self-voting? You're also quite a shy person. 3 pages and only 2 posts from you =
The low-key FoS: ekiM

FrankiePeanuts wrote:it's not about offering yourself to be lynched, it's about not worrying about it if you are the one lynched. This game requires a certain amount of us to die in order for us to find the scum, and as a game where nobody was killed during night 1 we only have what each other is saying to each other as a basis for who seems to be scum. I say we look to the person who is trying to make the game the most complicated without provocation. If they be town we have something to work with. If they be scum we still have something to work with. Basically I'm saying this game wont get interesting until we have blood.
If this wasn't a personal opinion, I'd give it the
IIOA FoS
. Pretty much all of your posts tell me that you don't wish to ruffle any feathers, which is no fun. I recommend that you interact with everyone (me first).

Have you still not seen anything fishy from the 3 pages so far? Is anyone even remotely close to looking suspicious to you? Update us on how you feel.
ekiM wrote:I don't know if it's personalities clashing or an attempt to hide a connection or what, but could we try to tone down the mean spirited comments a bit?
Exalt wrote:At this point, I am assuming we are going past the RVS stage, so I'm not going to keep a vote on someone simply because they are an asshole.
I think that's a no, ekiM.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by Kise »

I like anyone who is giving activity/life to this thread. Frankie & ekiM are staying way too low on the radar; nearly coasting after several passing days. The hippie-disposition you two display is not very attractive to attention, so, again, I get the feeling it could be shy-scum. I also get a sense of opportunism with both of you.

On that note, I think I should ask.. Frankie, what do you think about everything ekiM has said? ekiM, what do you think about everything Frankie has said?

Unvote; Vote: Santos

Have you forgotten about this game? I see you're still posting elsewhere, buddy..
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by Raivann »

Exalt wrote:
ekiM wrote: Exalt, I don't really understand why you placed a random vote and then removed it without placing it elsewhere. What does that accomplish?
At this point, I am assuming we are going past the RVS stage, so I'm not going to keep a vote on someone simply because they are an asshole. That doesn't make them scummy. Once I find a real reason to vote someone I will do it, trust me :) I don't have hesitations to vote ever, but I would at least like a good reason for it, ya know?
I agree with ekiM.
Seems like Exalt is trying too hard w/this post
unvote, Vote: Exalt
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by muzzz »

@Sho: a real-life dollar can't be factored into a hundred real-life pennies. But the worth of a dollar can be factored into a hundred times the worth of a penny. Anything that can be arrived at through multiplication can be factored.

@Raivann: more content please.

@Alduskkel: could you prod Santos?
Most justified random vote ever:
"Vote: muzzz for making my girlfriend think you were me" - Rai
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:29 pm

Post by Exalt »

Raivann wrote:
Exalt wrote:
I agree with ekiM.
Seems like Exalt is trying too hard w/this post
unvote, Vote: Exalt
Explain how I was trying too hard. I won't disagree with the vote if you CAN explain it, but until then I find it slightly grasping for straws far more than me in the "trying too hard" department.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:30 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Santos has been prodded. FrankiePeanuts has requested replacement.
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:43 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

My, that was fast. ZazieR replaces FrankiePeanuts.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:50 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Oi~
It''s good to see some known faces again :)
Especially two of my previous lovers XD

Will read shortly and post some analysis.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:41 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Done reading. Now going to look at some posts in general that caught my attention, but first:

NO MORE MATHS POSTS!!!
Make one or respond to one, I don''t care. I have my images and I will use them on anyone who writes a post that involves maths after this post :mad:
Ignore the ''R''
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:31 pm

Post by ekiM »

Welcome, Zazie. Please condense your thoughts into single posts, don't make multiple posts in a row, one for each thought. I find that style of posting incredibly hard to follow.

Exalt, I don't think there's any point in placing a random vote then removing it as soon as the RVS is over. I guess this is kind of tangential though and not scummy if this is just your playstyle/opinion.

A policy lynch is a lynch for someone's playstyle. You're floating the idea of lynching Sho for his playstyle. That's a policy lynch. It's not appropriate, because his playstyle can't indicate his alignment as it's invariant from game to game and was picked in advance. We should be looking to lynch scum, not whomever we find obnoxious. Note also that pushing a policy lynch is a common place for scum to hide.

Frankly, I find your making an issue of Sho's playstyle is being far more distracting than Sho's playstyle itself. Do you think you could try dropping it? What do you think about the other players in the game?

Kise, I'm not sure I understand the purpose of your trap. You did something genuinely scummy so I voted you for it. I don't feel the need to make a random vote if there's something better to follow up.

As for your complaint about my lack of posting, that's a fair comment. I'll try to fix it. You also pointed out FrankiePeanuts as flying under the radar, and Santos for not posting at all. What about Raivann, Toro and itacv2? I don't see much content from them, but you didn't mention them.

As for your question, Frankie's assertion that scumhunting can only start in earnest after we've seen a flip would be concerning if it came from someone who should know better. Similarly with his non-commital expressions of confusion. However, his request to be replaced in both of his games on this site tells me he was genuinely an overwhelmed newbie. If anything, I'd consider that a slight town-tell, newbie scum tend to be more engaged. I'm going to be considering his replacement afresh.

Raivann, how are you agreeing with me? I think placing a random vote and later removing it without re-voting is useless, but I don't really think it's scummy. I feel uncomfortable that you're invoking my name to justify a vote I don't support, especially when you've said nothing else all game. Please explain what you mean by "trying too hard" and why it's scummy. Comments on other players would be good, also.

Santos, Toro, itacv2... contribute please.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:51 pm

Post by ZazieR »

First comment would be for Post 29
I''d like to see an elaboration.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:53 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Regarding Post 35
Is this scummy to you or not?
The ad hom is noted.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Next, Post 51
Don''t like the question asked here and the same one from Post 45. It''s a very big stretch.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am

Post by ZazieR »

Exalt
, do you think Sho is scummy or not?
Because at some moments I have the impression you do. But at other moments, I don''t get this impression.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:07 am

Post by ZazieR »

As for Post 57 :roll:
Not the self-vote trap thingy.
From my experience, it doesn''t work.
And it doesn''t make ekiM scummy.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:10 am

Post by ZazieR »

Kise wrote:
Frankie
Zazie, what do you think about everything ekiM has said?
Looks for scum, but he isn''t pushing anything hard yet. But there hasn''t been much information yet, so I''m neutral, leaning townie towards him.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:13 am

Post by ZazieR »

ekiM wrote:Welcome, Zazie. Please condense your thoughts into single posts, don't make multiple posts in a row, one for each thought. I find that style of posting incredibly hard to follow.
If you are expecting me to change the way I post, stop dreaming. I''ve already explained why I''m posting this way. So don''t count on me changing this.
Ignore the ''R''
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:20 am

Post by Santos »

I forgot about this mafia. Sorry.

1) I hate math. I went to school for something else completely on the other end of the spectrum.
2) Hi, Kise. My contribution so far is just probably being annoyed with the mathematical battle that is going on in the thread so far.
3) I like ZazieR posting this way as opposed to her restricted posting style in Skywalker Mafia by zwet. That was awful reading her posts.
4) At the moment, I don't feel a need for a random vote as it seems we have a few pitched battles going on around the math discussion.
5) Exalt answering Sho about policy lynches would be nice.
6) Sho's examples of players and their hated game play styles is something I really admire seeing someone else stand up and take a stand against the hate on those play styles...but in the end, as I've noticed rereading my past games, can be a huge distraction for the town. Its a learning process of course, because once we're able to adhere our posting style and contribute to the thread with being an enormous distraction we're sure to make for better mafia players.

I'm going to bed, and again, sorry I forgot I was in this.
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”