alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:09 am

Post by alexhans »

well... I'm trying to shorten them down...

But you can always skim a bit of them and read them when you really feel like...
I'm back...
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:13 am

Post by Zachrulez »

alexhans wrote:No... I'm mistaken... You agreed with SF about NK speculation is bad because scum had control over it...

Doesn't matter really. It was a vague memory... that's why I said IIRC.
It does matter. If you're going to accuse me of things I'm not doing, it's actually quite important and game relevant Alex.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:23 am

Post by Benmage »

alexhans wrote: Benmage has word sickness?
What’s that mean?
alexhans wrote:
Benmage wrote: i wasnt stupid enough to think that i could get Alex lynched today
Why not? because of my "fan club", as you said?
BLasphemy!! I did not write this!! It was the other BM!
alexhans wrote:
BM wrote:So, me, and 3 people who feel i am obvtown? Bit predictable. lol
Didn't you started voting me when I defended mastin? Since when Camn and Benmage feel you're obv town? Are they your fans? XD
Yeah…I don’t remember this obv-town statement…and as much as I’d love to knock out the other mage and claim superiority, I do think he’s town.
alexhans wrote: Camn hasn't scumhunted but tried to look town.
Didn’t she say something about not having much of a direction day one or success in day one scum hunting...forget it exactly.

This “game-stall” on Mastin really sucks. He’s posting elsewhere…wouldn’t someone whose a lead lynch candidate think that game of relative importance. He’s purposely lurking…string him up already and let’s move on.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:36 am

Post by GIEFF »

Zachrulez wrote:The impression I'm getting of Gieff though is that he is looking to make a case stick on someone that isn't Mastin. I'm not really liking it.

Perhaps Gieff wants to summarize his case on Camn in short form so that it's easier for me to read as opposed to the pages of back and forth between them. I really don't see what all this fuss is about Camn being super scummy or what not, I'm just seeing a scummy Mastin lurking, and Gieff giving him exactly the king of distraction he needs at this point by trying to shift pressure somewhere else. First on Battlemage, a case you abandoned quite quickly, (And I just glanced that he called you town... and I don't really understand why.) and then on Camn.

There's also that case on Jammer that I called him out on that he quickly abandoned. Just making sure that his voting patterns aren't getting lost in the shuffle here.
THANK YOU for actually giving me a reason, something I can respond to.

• I abandoned the case on jammer because I became convinced that 4 scum is not possible for this game, which means jammer could NOT have slipped.

• I have not abandoned the case on Battle Mage. If you think I've abandoned the BM case, then you just aren't paying attention: 382, 388, 423, 434, 464, 529, 541, 554, and 562 are all posts in which I reference my case, ask BM to respond, or ask others to comment.

• I have not abandoned the case on camn either, but we are currently in "Detente," trying to avoid the multiple pages of back-and-forth, which everybody agrees are anti-town. I summarized my case on camn at the top of page 22 - please read it.

• I have not abandoned the case on Mastin either, but he is MIA, 20 pages behind, and I feel like BM and camn have acted more scummy since then.
If nobody agrees with my BM or camn cases (which seems likely, based on how many people have called it crap, or not even noticed it), I'll switch my vote back to Mastin. As I said before, I may be falling victim to just finding scummy things from people who have posted a lot, allowing those who aren't posting as often to slip through the cracks.

-----

I don't really understand why BM called me town, either, zach. Should I just call it a coincidence that the two players I find the most scummy and have spent the most effort trying to lynch BOTH think I am town, yet BOTH of whom previously voted me, BOTH times without real reason, and BOTH of whom think the other is obv-town? I think not.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:36 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Benmage wrote:
alexhans wrote:
Benmage wrote: i wasnt stupid enough to think that i could get Alex lynched today
Why not? because of my "fan club", as you said?
BLasphemy!! I did not write this!! It was the other BM!
Yep, lol. And yes, because of your fan club.
BM wrote:
alexhans wrote:
BM wrote:So, me, and 3 people who feel i am obvtown? Bit predictable. lol
Didn't you started voting me when I defended mastin? Since when Camn and Benmage feel you're obv town? Are they your fans? XD
Yeah…I don’t remember this obv-town statement…and as much as I’d love to knock out the other mage and claim superiority, I do think he’s town.
How about we eliminate everyone else, and when it's just us 2, we have an ultimate duel to decide the superior mage?

Also, why do you feel i am town?

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:39 am

Post by Battle Mage »

alexhans wrote:BM... do you honestly think I'm backed up by a secret cult or something?

I've played 10 games in MS... I've played only once with most players I invited...

MOD: If Ceph doesn't post soon... would you consider replacing him? I've already replaced once into a large game because he was lurking: Mafia 91

Quote from the sign up thread...
Cephrir wrote:
alexhans wrote:cephir... don't get replaced like you did on mafia 91... I had to read 17 pages to catch up... :roll:
I won't, I promise <3
He has confirmed in a new theme game yesterday and is getting prodded in another game. I strongly suggest replacement while we can still find one.
Nah, i like Cephrir. And lets face it, we need all the help we can get against you and the Buddy Brigade.

(im trying out some names) lol

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:39 am

Post by GIEFF »

Battle Mage - who is in the buddy brigade?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:40 am

Post by Battle Mage »

GIEFF wrote: I don't really understand why BM called me town, either, zach. Should I just call it a coincidence that the two players I find the most scummy and have spent the most effort trying to lynch BOTH think I am town, yet BOTH of whom previously voted me, BOTH times without real reason, and BOTH of whom think the other is obv-town? I think not.
You read the post where i said you were probably town, but did not read the part of the same post where i discussed Camn?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:43 am

Post by Battle Mage »

the game would be so much easier if Alex was dead scum. lol

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:45 am

Post by GIEFF »

You're right, BM - you do say camn could be scum. I think I was remembering this quote:
Battle Mage wrote:
someone wrote:
especially considering how mutually supportive camn, Sens, and BM have been.

As far as i can see, the only connection between those 3 players, are they all rock. So why shouldnt they be mutually supportive? If there's one thing scum fear, it's united townies who trust each other.
Also, camn says she finds you and Sens town, and Sens says he finds you and camn town. I just figured this 3-way town-love-fest was completely mutual - my mistake.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:46 am

Post by GIEFF »

Battle Mage wrote:the game would be so much easier if Alex was dead scum. lol

BM
Who is in alex's "Buddy Brigade?"
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:47 am

Post by camn »

GIEFF wrote:I don't really understand why BM called me town, either, zach. Should I just call it a coincidence that the two players I find the most scummy and have spent the most effort trying to lynch BOTH think I am town, yet BOTH of whom previously voted me, BOTH times without real reason, and BOTH of whom think the other is obv-town? I think not.
My votes had reasons, which I stated both at the time of the votes, and later on.
You will blow our truce if you continue to post factually incorrect information about me.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:51 am

Post by Battle Mage »

GIEFF wrote:Battle Mage - who is in the buddy brigade?
it looks like:

Alex, Mastin, Hasdgfas, VP Baltar, Kairyuu

maybe: Debonair and Camn

The last 2 can confirm or deny knowing Alex before the game.

Perhaps more members lurk in the wings. Haha, this is like mafia within mafia. :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:52 am

Post by Battle Mage »

GIEFF wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:the game would be so much easier if Alex was dead scum. lol

BM
Who is in alex's "Buddy Brigade?"
lmao, i swear you've asked this like 4 times. Why do you feel i will be better at reading the signup thread than you?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:53 am

Post by jammer »

@gieff
Alexhans wrote somewhere.
I invited:
qwints, StrangerCoug, VPBaltar, molestargazer, Vi, Shanba, Stephoscope, Kairyuu, Zachrulez, Mastin, WhiteCastle, Firestarter, KublaiKhan, Korlash, orangepenguin, RedCoyote, Battousai, camn and DebonairDannyDiPietro.
And yes Gieff, the way I look at it. You direct much attention and pressure towards "weak" cases.

@alexhans, try making a post. Then look at it and delete everything out of it that isn't necessarily needed. Or make some summary at the end of your posts. Just make it possible I have to read less of it.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

ok so just add Zach to my list. :)
Show

Nightkilled - 10

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:56 am

Post by camn »

jammer's last post is so town it makes my eyes bleed.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

camn wrote:jammer's last post is so town it makes my eyes bleed.
erm what? also, whats this truce shizzle about, with you and Gieff?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:58 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Battle Mage wrote:ok so just add Zach to my list. :)
After reading the last page or so, do you really want to maintain that I am in Alex's buddy brigade?
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:59 am

Post by GIEFF »

I don't think my cases are weak, jammer. If you do, that is fine, but please explain why. My case on you was weak, agreed. But that was page 2, and it's all I had to go on, and I didn't think it was weak at the time I made it.

----

Thanks for listing the Buddy Brigade, BattleMage. One of them was night-killed, one of them asked for replacement, one of them is still on page 4. DDD hasn't said much, and I don't remember camn defending alex. The existence of a shadowy underground Buddy Brigade is not enough reason for town-BM to think an alex lynch isn't viable.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:01 am

Post by SpyreX »

GIEFF wrote:Looking at this table, the top 5 people on my scum-list (based on actions, not on lurking) are in the top 5 spots after me. This is probably because I am not able to find scummy things from people who don't post a lot, and so I focus on the more-active people, which allows scum-lurking to be a successful strategy. Which is bad.

Spy, do you have any suspicions of anybody based on something besides what you call "spew"? Have you read my case of BM in post 378, or my case on camn at the top of this page?

What do you mean when you say "saw your name get sniped?"
Yes, it is bad. Moreso, it is very suspect behavior.

The spew IS a symptom of what is going on - we're already seeing the game get clogged up because of it. In a mountainous game especially, it is a wonderful smokescreen. It needs to stop.

As for sniped: I saw in reading from vacation MY name get brought up questioningly more than once... but I definitely do not recall Cephrir's.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:07 am

Post by SpyreX »

Benmage wrote:I am not saying the list was random. I am saying I could make just as an effective list, doing it randomly.

"Catching a retard scum" exactly...not a likely scenario. Yet he's been gaining some "townpoints" for it for certain people, which I don't like.
... so you are saying that a random list has the same value as what I see as being the classic scum-breakpoint for this game the way it is going? AWESOME.

Catching a retarded scum IS the most likely scenario apart from nothing happening.

What scum motivation would there be for it?
Benmage wrote: Oh wow multipostssss, lol. I meant in my last one to re-ask Spry, why you excluded Mastin from being scummy?
He's not SUPER TOWN (TM) - but as it sits I see the whole thought process early on as either: 1.) Very town or 2.) VERY subtly manipulative to appear thus. I've opted, for now, to sit with 1.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:10 am

Post by Benmage »

Battle Mage wrote: Also, why do you feel i am town?
Eh, overall game play from just reading your posts. Nothing too specific.
camn wrote: My votes had reasons, which I stated
both at the time of the votes, and later on.

You will blow our truce if you continue to post factually incorrect information about me.
Clearly not all of your votes.
camn wrote:jammer's last post is so town it makes my eyes bleed.
How, where, what..??
SpyreX wrote: ... so you are saying that a random list has the same value as what I see as being the classic scum-breakpoint for this game the way it is going? AWESOME.
Oh most definitely. Because you’ve put forth the “one of these is scum” statements as did SenFan. My conclusion is I could randomly select people and be just as accurate as you two.
--Thanks for answering the mastin-question.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:17 am

Post by SpyreX »

Alex wrote:That's a fair thought. But... wich from where?
You're not even reading everything in a post before you start replying are you?
Alex wrote: oh... so you should think jammer is town too for the 4 scum issue right? You know that those things can be faked TO BE SEEN AS TOWN!?
Traps that obv wouldn't work (even if BM were town) but might help him look townier.
(guess you explained later in 540. But you know where I stand)
YES I TOTALLY DO AND EXPLAINED JUST THAT...

Except, no I didn't. Apples != B52 Bombers.

The trap "could" have worked. Moreso, its failure in a binary state caused no harm.

Jammer's business is different and ultimately inapplicable here.
Alex wrote: Who is your biggest suspicion? why? Benmage has word sickness?

Also, SpyreX.... Camn, BM or KMD are word healthy?
Of those three? Currently, GIEFF but you sure like to race up in the scum speedway 9000.

My biggest is Cephirir, hence the vote.

BM word healthy? No. However, I've addressed why I think he's genuinely got the disease.

Camn and KMD? They push the edge, but my eyes dont bleed when they post / I see enough signal:noise to not bother me.
Show

Proud member of BaM
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:35 am

Post by camn »

Benmage wrote:Clearly not all of your votes.
Stay out of it if you can't keep up. No one is talking about you.

----------------
Battle Mage wrote: erm what? also, whats this truce shizzle about, with you and Gieff?
SpyreX wrote:The spew IS a symptom of what is going on - we're already seeing the game get clogged up because of it. In a mountainous game especially, it is a wonderful smokescreen. It needs to stop.
This is why I offered the truce. I was thinking the same thing.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”