Newbie 807 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:49 am

Post by bgg1996 »

Votes are to find, and kill scum, and that vote removed pressure from dothefandango.

I don't see what about my behavior you find scummy.

The only thing you said was me being scumbuddies with dothefandango, but I can't, so that blows your theory.
People both love and hate me... Without the 'love' part.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:15 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Way to miss my point. I thought your vote on Kichirou was for terrible reasons (abandoning your supposed real suspicion for the sake of the game moving on) and looked like you might have been throwing your scumbuddy under the bus. This is independent of DTF.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:15 am

Also, I haven't once claimed today that you are scumbuddies with DTF. Only yesterday.
#greenshirtthursdays
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:02 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Vote Count

Snow White (2) DTF, bgg

DTF (1) CDB

Not voting (2) CB, SW

3 to lynch.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:11 pm

Also, bgg (or DTF, I don't mind which), please unvote Snow White. While I personally feel sure that the scum is already on that wagon, I don't want to run the risk of a quicklynch, accidental or otherwise, so early in the day.
#greenshirtthursdays
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:59 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

Oh, please.
If there was a quicklynch, then mafia would kill someone, there would be 3 left, and we would win, voting the quicklyncher.

And, you're avoiding my question.
What about me do you find scummy?
People both love and hate me... Without the 'love' part.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:13 pm

I'm not avoiding the question. I answered it in 276.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:15 pm

bgg1996 wrote:Oh, please.
If there was a quicklynch, then mafia would kill someone, there would be 3 left, and we would win, voting the quicklyncher.
Sure, if the quicklynch is deliberate. I'm more wary of a newbtown player hammering prematurely or, god forbid, a self-vote like Kard did. Why do you have a problem with allowing more time for discussion?
#greenshirtthursdays
dothefandango
dothefandango
Goon
dothefandango
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:54 am

Post by dothefandango »

Sorry all, my computer malfunctioned and thus I will have limited internet access until Saturday.

That being said, I will not change my vote. If anything I cannot see why you are even voting for me. My actions, whether you agree with them or not, are pretty much the reason we have one mafia left. All signs POINT TO SNOW WHITE.
oh yup
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:57 am

dothefandango wrote:That being said, I will not change my vote. If anything I cannot see why you are even voting for me. My actions, whether you agree with them or not, are pretty much the reason we have one mafia left. All signs POINT TO SNOW WHITE.
No, they don't. You're trying to pretend you didn't irresponsibly and reasonlessly put Kard at lynch-1 on Day 1, and now you're trying to take credit for the Kichirou lynch (when your only reason for voting was that you didn't think he was a reliable source of info...I don't even know what you meant by that). I don't buy it. I think you're scum.

Also, I'm still waiting for a reason to vote for Snow White. I haven't seen a good one yet.
#greenshirtthursdays
dothefandango
dothefandango
Goon
dothefandango
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:14 am

Post by dothefandango »

What I meant, and didn't want to say was that Kichirou was saying things he could not support and acting way too high profile. My L-1 vote of Kard was a mistake, I've admitted that extensively. If you think I'm sucm, that's fine -- but I want you to know you are wasting your vote, and a dayphase doing so.
oh yup
dothefandango
dothefandango
Goon
dothefandango
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:15 am

Post by dothefandango »

Further, where is CB in this discussion? Or snow white?
oh yup
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:47 am

dothefandango wrote:What I meant, and didn't want to say was that Kichirou was saying things he could not support and acting way too high profile. My L-1 vote of Kard was a mistake, I've admitted that extensively. If you think I'm sucm, that's fine -- but I want you to know you are wasting your vote, and a dayphase doing so.
Why didn't you want to say that? What possible reason did you have for keeping it back? Were you trying to hold back reasons why your scumbuddy might be scummy in case the wagon switched to somebody else? That's what it soundss like.

Also, "yeah, but, I'm not scum", isn't a defence, nor a reason of any kind for me to move my vote. Your Appeal to Emotion by telling me that I'm wasting a dayphase (we've got one spare, anyway) is noted.

As far as CB and Snow White go: CB I think is most likely town, I have no reason to suspect him, I will not consider a vote for him today. Snow White I feel is less scummy than both you and bgg, and the fact that you're both voting for her only makes me reinforce the opinion that she's probably town.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:47 am

Also, you only bring CB up when asking me to comment on him. You haven't done so yourself. Why is that?
#greenshirtthursdays
Snow White
Snow White
Goon
Snow White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:01 am

Post by Snow White »

@ChannelDelibird. There is no fear of me quicklynching myself. If anything i will be lynched.

@DTF. I have given my defense there should be no more reason for myself to talk about things
DotheFandango wrote: too big of a deal for you even when none of us were caring/looking at it.
I like ignorant people.
Cause they dont talk to me, and i dont wanna be talked to.
CancerBottle
CancerBottle
Goon
CancerBottle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:15 pm

Post by CancerBottle »

dothefandango wrote:Further, where is CB in this discussion? Or snow white?
I'm in and out, sorry.

After the Kichirou lynch and the Crazypianist NK, a re-read made me begin to believe Snow White was scummy. I don't like the way she innocently interpreted Bgg--but especially Kichirou's --votes on Kard. Elaboration can be found in my post 266.

However, I haven't ignored CDB's case against DTF. And this case is based on a scummy vote. I suppose that's stronger than my interpretation of Snow White's posts.

You know what, I'll "stir the pot."

Vote: dothfandango
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston Churchill
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:18 pm

dothefandango wrote:Further, where is CB in this discussion? Or snow white?
I misinterpreted this post. Please disregard my post 288.

(That said, what
do
you think of CB, DTF?)
#greenshirtthursdays
Snow White
Snow White
Goon
Snow White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:38 am

Post by Snow White »

Just to clarify, not yet dishing out the hammer until DTF responds. If he responds.
I like ignorant people.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:53 pm

I will be on holiday for 9 days starting tomorrow morning. I expect to have full internet access where I am going, but on the off chance that I don't, that'll be why I'm not posting (if this is the case I will be trying to find another method of access ASAP). Just so you know.
#greenshirtthursdays
dothefandango
dothefandango
Goon
dothefandango
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:50 am

Post by dothefandango »

Ok, computer is fixed and I'm ready to go.

I'm willing to let go of Snow White, but to be perfectly honest do not think this unvote is a relaxation of my suspicions. You guys made some good points and I think we need to look further into this.

UNVOTE
... for now.
oh yup
dothefandango
dothefandango
Goon
dothefandango
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:52 am

Post by dothefandango »

ChannelDelibird wrote: Why didn't you want to say that? What possible reason did you have for keeping it back? Were you trying to hold back reasons why your scumbuddy might be scummy in case the wagon switched to somebody else? That's what it soundss like.
On the off chance Kichirou was scum, and I was pointing fingers at him the whole time, wouldn't that put me up as a target?
oh yup
Snow White
Snow White
Goon
Snow White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by Snow White »

@DTF: Im not intimidated by that "for now".

Pointing out the obvious, you have still failed to explain what you think of CancerBottle, as CDB had previously asked you.
I like ignorant people.
dothefandango
dothefandango
Goon
dothefandango
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by dothefandango »

To be honest, I have no idea what to think. I don't like him putting me at L-1, obviously, because the only vote now is you [Snow White], and I know you're not going to vote for yourself, so my pressure on you at this point makes no sense.

I see how my actions at Kard can be conceived as scummy, but this is just a bad case of wrong place, wrong time. I don't know how I can explain this enough. I thought I made up for it for not only VOTING for a scum, but being the reason bgg changed his vote to scum (not in convincing him, but for him to drop the hammer like he did based on the stalemate).

If anything, I suppose I should be looking at CDB for suspecting me even though I voted for a scum, but at this point it seems you're either for or against me.

A lot of heat was put on me because I put a townie at L-1. Now, I stand at L-1 and no one jumps at this.

The reason I found Snow White suspicious is what seemed to be a concurrence of what her and Kichirou said. She now claims innocence, but it seems like there are just too many instances of her seemingly being "framed" for this to run true.
oh yup
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:13 am

dothefandango wrote:To be honest, I have no idea what to think. I don't like him putting me at L-1, obviously, because the only vote now is you [Snow White], and I know you're not going to vote for yourself, so my pressure on you at this point makes no sense.
Well, the idea is to make people change their votes, not assume that once someone's voted that's it, there's nothing you can do.
DTF wrote:I see how my actions at Kard can be conceived as scummy, but this is just a bad case of wrong place, wrong time. I don't know how I can explain this enough. I thought I made up for it for not only VOTING for a scum, but being the reason bgg changed his vote to scum (not in convincing him, but for him to drop the hammer like he did based on the stalemate).
1) It is possible for scum to vote for their buddies. Your vote on Kichirou wasn't a particularly bad one, I admit, but that doesn't make up for your scummy Kard vote.
2) You don't get to take credit for the Kichirou lynch because it enabled bgg to make a scummy vote (one that was looking to move the game on, not to lynch scum, even though it ended up in the latter). As you say, you didn't *convince* him that Kichirou was scum. I'm not impressed that you think this makes up for your earlier behaviour.
DTF wrote:If anything, I suppose I should be looking at CDB for suspecting me even though I voted for a scum, but at this point it seems you're either for or against me.
Yeah, see above, that doesn't make you town, and suspecting you doesn't make me scum, especially since I've backed up my vote with reason.
DTF wrote:A lot of heat was put on me because I put a townie at L-1. Now, I stand at L-1 and no one jumps at this.
Context.

You put Kard at lynch-1 for no good reason. You're at lynch-1 because you've earned it. That's why we're not jumping at your situation.
DTF wrote:The reason I found Snow White suspicious is what seemed to be a concurrence of what her and Kichirou said. She now claims innocence, but it seems like there are just too many instances of her seemingly being "framed" for this to run true.
As I've said before, I don't put much stock in choices of nightkill because it's a murky WIFOM area, and regarding her interactions with Kichirou...I'm yet to be convinced. I haven't seen anything suspicious enough in their interactions to make me think it's worth looking into before we lynch you.

I'd like you to claim, DTF.
#greenshirtthursdays
dothefandango
dothefandango
Goon
dothefandango
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:21 am

Post by dothefandango »

I am claiming, right now, Vanilla Townie. I have nothing left to lose.
oh yup

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”