jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:28 am

Post by jammer »

Battle Mage wrote:I'd rather wait and make a more educated decision. What you neglect to note, is that one of us will be NKed tonight. They wont have a chance to get their thoughts down again, so i think it's kinda a moral thing as well that you should let everyone finish their piece. I'd like to sort my thoughts on VP Baltar out, before he NKs me.

BM
Go ahead, I'd really like to see why you voted VP in the first place. Didn't expect to get mastin at L-2 shortly after I voted him. Also can't see how Mastin is more "helpful" for town then Alex. Alex is atleast posting, altrough a lot of fluff.
Unvote
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:29 am

Post by Benmage »

Battle Mage wrote: I think you mis-worded the question, but, in a surprising turn of events, i'm against a Mastin lynch atm. Scummy as his limited posting has been, im considering his lurking more towntell than anything, especially given the setup.
ZzzZ, and so the day drags.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:31 am

Post by Battle Mage »

pah, VP is probably town, according to meta. He was absolutely abysmal in Mafia 91-not even pretending to scumhunt. In a game of his as town, he played quite alot like he is here-analysing in depth, and not attempting to appease people, or make silly jokes.

So Re
Vote: Camn

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:33 am

Post by Battle Mage »

jammer wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:I'd rather wait and make a more educated decision. What you neglect to note, is that one of us will be NKed tonight. They wont have a chance to get their thoughts down again, so i think it's kinda a moral thing as well that you should let everyone finish their piece. I'd like to sort my thoughts on VP Baltar out, before he NKs me.

BM
Go ahead, I'd really like to see why you voted VP in the first place. Didn't expect to get mastin at L-2 shortly after I voted him. Also can't see how Mastin is more "helpful" for town then Alex. Alex is atleast posting, altrough a lot of fluff.
Unvote
VP's posts havent filled me with confidence in his smarts, but he's probs town, after reading some of his other games. Which is a shame. lol

Ooi, what do you think of Alex atm?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:35 am

Post by Battle Mage »

GIEFF wrote:
Spyrex wrote:Good lord I almost hope camn is the lynch so tomorrow you get the hang.

What is the SCUM BENEFIT for any of those actions? Putting yourself in the spotlight in a negative fashion in a mountainous game?

You're right, Spyrex - she is FAR too scummy to be scum. My mistake.

The scum benefit of those actions is you no longer have to pretend to find people suspicious, or pretend to scumhunt. camn-scum no longer has to worry about putting up a fake-front of fake-scumhunting, the lack of which is part of what I found scummy about her in the first place.

---

BM - I will give it more time if I think this town has any chance at all of lynching camn, or even you. I don't think they will though, so there is no point dragging it out even further, making it even harder for lurkers to catch up. Mastin is a fine lynch, one we can all agree on, and one that doesn't cost the town ANYTHING if he flips town.
haha, do you really still think i'm scum? I suggest you follow your own advice, and give that some more consideration. I think you'd find that if there was a good case on me, i'd be dead already. :P

A mislynch costs us because scum get to make an NK. And Mastin is not the most useless player here.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:47 am

Post by Benmage »

Battle Mage wrote: No it doesnt. She didnt actually GIVE her vote to Benmage, she's merely mimicking his votes, which makes it seem more like a ruse. I can just about see what she might have hoped to gain from giving the vote to Benmage-get some reactions, and if he's scum (as she believes) would he use it to get a mislynch but leave himself open to attack tomorrow, or to bus a buddy, and play the long game. Because of her jibes at Ben knowing who is scum, she might have assumed he would bus, but when his vote went to her, she should have thought twice, and not continued that line. Benmage voting Camn with the proxy is a towntell from my PoV.
Phew, thought more about it than i did. I felt it was just a ruse. I don't mind the mimic vote, especially since I think she’s scum. Scum giving town their vote is awesome. I'm town, so I don't worry about future pressure.
SpyreX wrote: 1.) Ultimately the way it went down is indefensible. It has to be dealt with.
--- No way in hell will it ever be dealt with via NK if he IS town.
2.) 30 pages for day 1 is enough. Probably more than enough.
3.) Restarting and regrouping if we are wrong will help.
--- The information gained if we are right is invaluable.
4.) Mastin is a much higher lynch choice for me versus some of the others on the table. I took the tinfoil hat off but its still there staring at me.
I like this post. Very logical.
VP Baltar wrote:
Benmage wrote:@VP What makes Camn town for you?
Her frustration reads as genuine town. GIEFF's case isn't so much strong as it is repetitious, which is damn annoying. It is most likely that they are both town and the scum are just loving this diversion. People who are somewhat on the sidelines of it and want it to continue (you) have a higher probability of being scum than either camn or GIEFF do.
Alright. However, me being on the sidelines is because I couldn’t care for Gieff’s case. It was repetitive, filled with fluff and weak points. My vote of her, and my interpretation of her as scum has nothing to do with Gieff’s points. Our votes are together and we have been lumped together only on the basis that “the enemy of my enemy is my friend”.
VP Baltar wrote:
alex wrote:And I think that they DO have tried to actively derail the waggon. Look at KMD and tell me I'm wrong.
Give me the top five reasons to lynch camn.
Can I answer this? Or do you want alex to specifically…?
VP Baltar wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: Ooh, if only i had your aptitude with acronyms, you...Virgin Prick. :P
Heh, I had to laugh. I could have been referring to benmage! (who has actually jumped ahead of you in scumminess for his love of the camn wagon).
I noticed the acronym, and thought it was meant for both of us. I am jealous I was not as witty as Battle mage…. Sigh Battle Mage-1 Benmage-0…the war has only just begun.
Battle Mage wrote: Most of that 30 pages was shit. We got some good stuff tho-more than most towns get on Day 1. And it doesnt look like we're starting to flake. We dont have a deadline. I'm actually enjoying the discussion and getting quite alot out of it. So why the hell is there a rush to end the day?
I do think we have a very effective first day. 30 pages is a lot considering our player size. Unfortunately we have too many side-liners. So either we wait for them to catch-up in which case this game may die, or we vote(Mastin). I myself was beginning to feel disconnected/detached at the stagnation beginning to occur.
Battle Mage wrote:
SpyRex wrote: 3.) Restarting and regrouping if we are wrong will help.
--- The information gained if we are right is invaluable.
I'd rather wait and make a more educated decision. What you neglect to note, is that one of us will be NKed tonight. They wont have a chance to get their thoughts down again, so i think it's kinda a moral thing as well that you should let everyone finish their piece. I'd like to sort my thoughts on VP Baltar out, before he NKs me.
So sort away. But I’d like to see what tomorrow brings, and who turns. I think that information itself will help shed some new light. Plus the night phase may be the needed page break to give the lurkers time to catch-up.
Battle Mage wrote: A mislynch costs us because scum get to make an NK. And Mastin is not the most useless player here.
Who is?
He must be a top 3.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:49 am

Post by GIEFF »

Battle Mage wrote:And Mastin is not the most useless player here.
I disagree. Mastin is worse than useless. Making super-long posts about what happened 25 pages ago is horribly anti-town.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:54 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Benmage wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: Most of that 30 pages was shit. We got some good stuff tho-more than most towns get on Day 1. And it doesnt look like we're starting to flake. We dont have a deadline. I'm actually enjoying the discussion and getting quite alot out of it. So why the hell is there a rush to end the day?
I do think we have a very effective first day. 30 pages is a lot considering our player size. Unfortunately we have too many side-liners. So either we wait for them to catch-up in which case this game may die, or we vote(Mastin). I myself was beginning to feel disconnected/detached at the stagnation beginning to occur.
a 30 page Day 1 in a large normal is about average i think. You call this stagnation? The amount of posting we have tonight speaks volumes about the state of the game. If anything, things are picking up, rather than slowing down.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

GIEFF wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:And Mastin is not the most useless player here.
I disagree. Mastin is worse than useless. Making super-long posts about what happened 25 pages ago is horribly anti-town.
It's just lazy. Say what you want about him, but i'd rather have Mastin-town as deadweight, than Alex-town who will probably lead us to a string of mislynches. Camn-town is dangerous too. Mastin isnt causing any harm atm, and if he gets his arse in gear, he will be useful. Thats what several of you concluded earlier anyway. *shrugs*

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:58 am

Post by Benmage »

Battle Mage wrote: a 30 page Day 1 in a large normal is about average i think. You call this stagnation? The amount of posting we have tonight speaks volumes about the state of the game. If anything, things are picking up, rather than slowing down.
Things are picking up now that people are excited about stringing up Mastin. That is all. When all the votes we're spread out..i felt the game was, or had the possibility to slow down. Again even now what will the future hold? Are we going to hammer Mastin? We won't get enough votes for Camn. I won't vote someone other than Camn or Mastin (save a massive scum-tell). Are we going to let people like Mastin, BCC and Ceph catch-up. The rest of us do what? Twiddle our thumbs...
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by Benmage »

Battle Mage wrote: It's just lazy. Say what you want about him, but i'd rather have Mastin-town as deadweight, than Alex-town who will probably lead us to a string of mislynches. Camn-town is dangerous too. Mastin isnt causing any harm atm, and if he gets his arse in gear, he will be useful.
Thats what several of you concluded earlier anyway.
*shrugs*
Not me. I've felt him scum since the getgo…and letting scum get away with sliding through this game is atrocious. How can you condone one who lurks as badly as he does, while posting elsewhere on the site. How much dire can ones game get when they themselves are sitting at L-1 and the days lead candidate for this long.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Benmage wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: a 30 page Day 1 in a large normal is about average i think. You call this stagnation? The amount of posting we have tonight speaks volumes about the state of the game. If anything, things are picking up, rather than slowing down.
Things are picking up now that people are excited about stringing up Mastin. That is all. When all the votes we're spread out..i felt the game was, or had the possibility to slow down. Again even now what will the future hold? Are we going to hammer Mastin? We won't get enough votes for Camn. I won't vote someone other than Camn or Mastin (save a massive scum-tell). Are we going to let people like Mastin, BCC and Ceph catch-up. The rest of us do what? Twiddle our thumbs...
Well, lets say Mastin remains our back-up lynch. I'll accept that, if you accept that Camn is a better lynch, and for now at least, come over to this side of the fence and vote for her.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by Benmage »

Battle Mage wrote: Well, lets say Mastin remains our back-up lynch. I'll accept that, if you accept that Camn is a better lynch, and for now at least, come over to this side of the fence and vote for her.
My vote hasn't moved from her. I already said my lynch preference is:
Camn
Mastin
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Benmage wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: It's just lazy. Say what you want about him, but i'd rather have Mastin-town as deadweight, than Alex-town who will probably lead us to a string of mislynches. Camn-town is dangerous too. Mastin isnt causing any harm atm, and if he gets his arse in gear, he will be useful.
Thats what several of you concluded earlier anyway.
*shrugs*
Not me. I've felt him scum since the getgo…and letting scum get away with sliding through this game is atrocious. How can you condone one who lurks as badly as he does, while posting elsewhere on the site. How much dire can ones game get when they themselves are sitting at L-1 and the days lead candidate for this long.
Tell me this. How is him lurking while at L-1, scummy? It is undoubtedly poor form, but scumtell? I think not. As i've said, i feel his lurking is more town than anything, and think how long the game would be now if he'd been around all day. xD

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Benmage wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: Well, lets say Mastin remains our back-up lynch. I'll accept that, if you accept that Camn is a better lynch, and for now at least, come over to this side of the fence and vote for her.
My vote hasn't moved from her. I already said my lynch preference is:
Camn
Mastin
Ah sorry. I should keep working on the reading. :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by Benmage »

Battle Mage wrote: Tell me this. How is him lurking while at L-1, scummy? It is undoubtedly poor form, but scumtell? I think not. As i've said, i feel his lurking is more town than anything, and think how long the game would be now if he'd been around all day. xD
I don't have the best experience with Mastin, but I've never seen him lurk like this when town. I don't put any action past what a scum might gamble.

Perhaps he felt he was doomed, and thought the silence would stall, and people would get sidetracked onto a different case, cause a mislynch, and then seek a vengence lynch the next day. Giving mastin quite some leeway especially if he came back guns-blazzing looking town.

I stated ages ago, that his commentary in regards to us waiting for him to catch wasn't that necessary because I truthfully felt he wouldn't of said anything dire enough to change our minds and change the lynch target of the day. So he would of commented, we would've said thank you very much...and hammered.

Conclusion: I am not putting his lurker behavior past being a scum-tell.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

VP Baltar wrote:
Zach wrote:Too many doubts on Alexhans in my mind even though he is undeniably playing scummy.
Can you detail these doubts? If he's "undeniably playing scummy", then why the hesitation?
As bad as his defense of Mastin is. That mini 761 that we keep dredging up featured me defending Stephoscope as town in a very similar manner. Stephoscope turned out to be scum.

For that reason, I can't completely dismiss the possibility that he's town blinded to Mastin's actions.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by Benmage »

Battle Mage wrote: Ah sorry. I should keep working on the reading. :P

BM
Battle Mage-1 Benmage-.5
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Battle Mage wrote: I'd like to sort my thoughts on VP Baltar out, before he NKs me.
So you're reveiwing me under the foregone conclusion that I'm scum? Tell me the main reasons why you think I am scummy before you go through and manufacture a case.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Scratch that last post apparently.
BM wrote:VP's posts havent filled me with confidence in his smarts
This coming from the person who didn't know Hascow was dead and Kairyuu had replaced out.

What are the main points of the camn wagon?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

Mastin (5): Zachrulez, Debonair Danny DiPietro, GIEFF, SpyreX, VP Baltar
camn (3): Benmage, camn, Battle Mage
alexhans (1): Kmd4390
Battle Mage (1): Mastin
SensFan (1): alexhans

Not Voting: Cephrir, blackcatcontract, SensFan, jammer

8 to lynch
Success breeds suspicion
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:22 pm

Post by GIEFF »

Alex - if you vote for camn, I will unvote Mastin to vote camn.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Benmage wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: Ah sorry. I should keep working on the reading. :P

BM
Battle Mage-1 Benmage-.5
i was thinking along the same lines, but felt that ur meagre scoring from that wasnt worth a whole point, so didnt mention it :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:27 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

VP Baltar wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: I'd like to sort my thoughts on VP Baltar out, before he NKs me.
So you're reveiwing me under the foregone conclusion that I'm scum? Tell me the main reasons why you think I am scummy before you go through and manufacture a case.
Lol you see why i find you scummy? You're so paranoid and need to read more before posting. Yes, im allowed to call you on being an idiot-i've already acknowledged that im an idiot too. :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by Benmage »

Battle Mage wrote: Battle Mage-1 Benmage-.5
i was thinking along the same lines, but felt that ur meagre scoring from that wasnt worth a whole point, so didnt mention it :P
[/quote]
Glad we're on the same page :P . I also figure if either of us gets lynched the other gets say 2-3 points. If NK'd the other gets 1 point....fair?
We'll see which mage reigns supreme!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”