alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:41 am

Post by alexhans »

jammer: If you read clearly... I'm resigned to a mastin lynch and I even prefer it over a camn lynch. Yes, GIEFF, I do. Being such a controversial player at this point (and not helping at all with all his lurking) he is almost the correct lynch unless you're sure of someone else.

That someone else is Battle Mage. Who now has made a 180 flip to jump and protect mastin... He went for camn... and then used jammer as a trampoline to get.... me?

come on...
I'm back...
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:41 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@ Zachrulz--stay focused here. Mastin lynch > GIEFF lynch, and it needs to happen soon to end this rapidly degrading discussion.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

alex wrote:I'm resigned to a mastin lynch
Please vote Mastin then.
YOUR AD HERE

GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:43 am

Post by GIEFF »

alexhans wrote:
GIEFF wrote:If you are trying to decide if her anti-town playstyle is scummy or not, why, oh WHY would you coach her to CHANGE her anti-town playstyle?
why do you think I would play like you?

If Zwets is anti town I won't lynch him for being anti town... I'll try to make him play pro-town... It's much harder to try to read through the anti-town rabble.
You mean play like me as in try to catch scum?

If somebody I know is town is acting anti-town, then of course it makes sense to coach them, and try to get them to be active.

BUT

You claim to think camn is SCUMMY, not a townie. Why would you coach a scummy player, when you claim the reason you aren't voting her is because you are trying to get a read on her playstyle?

Your "Gotta get a read on camn's meta first" excuse reeks just like your "Gotta look into Mastin's meta first" excuse. It's 30 pages later, and you haven't changed your mind on Mastin - forgive me for thinking you're being less than truthful about camn, too.

------

Baltar, nothing is degrading here. If you want to end the day, then vote for alex. The closer somebody is to lynch, the more tells you get out of him and out of scum. Let's get alex up to L-2, say, and see what he does, or what Benmage does.

In the name of science.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:43 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I'm more than happy to lynch Mastin, but as long as his wagon continues to derail, and as long as Gieff is intent to keep it from happening, I am happy to vote for him instead.
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:44 am

Post by alexhans »

Do I have any chance of opening your eyes before tomorrow about BM? because I'm almost willing to vote mastin provided that Yaw guarantees us a LONG night and a replacement for Cephir who is damaging this game greatly.
I'm back...
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:44 am

Post by GIEFF »

alexhans wrote:jammer: If you read clearly... I'm resigned to a mastin lynch and I even prefer it over a camn lynch. Yes, GIEFF, I do. Being such a controversial player at this point (and not helping at all with all his lurking) he is almost the correct lynch unless you're sure of someone else.

That someone else is Battle Mage. Who now has made a 180 flip to jump and protect mastin... He went for camn... and then used jammer as a trampoline to get.... me?

come on...
BS.

YESTERDAY, you came in at L-1 and said "Please don't hammer, guys" and voted for Battle Mage.

And now, magically, you are resigned to a Mastin lynch? Does this have anything to do with self-preservation?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:46 am

Post by VP Baltar »

It has degraded, as you stopped making logical sense about 20 pages ago. For instance, announcing that you want to pressure wagon somebody isn't good play. Food for thought.
YOUR AD HERE

GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:46 am

Post by GIEFF »

alexhans wrote:Do I have any chance of opening your eyes before tomorrow about BM? because I'm almost willing to vote mastin provided that Yaw guarantees us a LONG night and a replacement for Cephir who is damaging this game greatly.
Just dont' send in your night-kill until right before the deadline.

Why is Cephrir hurting the game more than blackcatcontract/Kairyuu or Mastin?
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:47 am

Post by GIEFF »

VP Baltar wrote:It has degraded, as you stopped making logical sense about 20 pages ago. For instance, announcing that you want to pressure wagon somebody isn't good play. Food for thought.
It will only be poor play if it fails to get you to vote for alex. You don't want me to get all down on myself, do you, Baltar? My self-esteem needs some help, and you can provide it.
:cry:
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:48 am

Post by VP Baltar »

alex wrote:Do I have any chance of opening your eyes before tomorrow about BM? because I'm almost willing to vote mastin provided that Yaw guarantees us a LONG night and a replacement for Cephir who is damaging this game greatly.
I'm not willing to lynch battlemage today. I do agree he has scummy behaviour, however, and think that would be a good talking point for tomorrow. I think nights are of a set time. I agree that Cehprir should be replaced.
YOUR AD HERE

alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:49 am

Post by alexhans »

GIEFF wrote: You mean play like me as in try to catch scum?
No, play like you as in obsesive compulsive case maker against 6 players forgetting his earlier suspicions and annoying everyone to follow your train of thoughts...

Whatever I'll say... you'll keep making up questions... you're wrong about me... you'll have to accept it.

I'm not claiming I need to meta camn... I don't have the will nor the time. I never metaed mastin either. You're the one who lives by and for mafia, it seems.

Camn seemed scummy in 799 as well... meta me in that game if you want...

GIEFF: Screw your proposal.
I'm back...
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:49 am

Post by Zachrulez »

After over 1000 posts I can not believe that Mastin has not been lynched yet.

What does the inability to get support for his lynch say about his alignment? I mean... seriously?
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:50 am

Post by GIEFF »

alexhans wrote:I'm not claiming I need to meta camn... I don't have the will nor the time. I never metaed mastin either. You're the one who lives by and for mafia, it seems.
So next time, think of a better excuse than "I just need to meta them."
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:52 am

Post by VP Baltar »

GIEFF, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you are making it somewhat difficult for this game to move forward. Arriving at a concensus now would be a good thing for the town. There is a lot of information to be garnered from a Mastin lynch, and it will eliminate a lurker. There is not a downside to this.
YOUR AD HERE

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:52 am

Post by Zachrulez »

GIEFF wrote:
alexhans wrote:jammer: If you read clearly... I'm resigned to a mastin lynch and I even prefer it over a camn lynch. Yes, GIEFF, I do. Being such a controversial player at this point (and not helping at all with all his lurking) he is almost the correct lynch unless you're sure of someone else.

come on...
BS.

YESTERDAY, you came in at L-1 and said "Please don't hammer, guys" and voted for Battle Mage.

And now, magically, you are resigned to a Mastin lynch? Does this have anything to do with self-preservation?
You're misrepping.

Alex said "please don't hammer before I get a chance to post", not "please don't hammer guys."
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:53 am

Post by alexhans »

GIEFF: Are you blind?

DONT HAMMER UNTIL I POST I SAID!! I've posted.

Yes. I rather live (I know Im town) and let mastin die and see what happens tomorrow.

If I had a nightkill... I would kill you so you would shut up with your stupid questions...
GIEFF wrote:Why is Cephrir hurting the game more than blackcatcontract/Kairyuu or Mastin?
Cephir has 4 Posts... he is TOTALLY unreadable. bcc and mastin are list are supposedly catching up. Cephir is not. he did the same thing in mafia 91.
I'm back...
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:53 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@ Zach--I'll paint myself purple if you put your vote back on Mastin.
YOUR AD HERE

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:56 am

Post by Zachrulez »

alexhans wrote:GIEFF: Are you blind?

DONT HAMMER UNTIL I POST I SAID!! I've posted.

Yes. I rather live (I know Im town) and let mastin die and see what happens tomorrow.

If I had a nightkill... I would kill you so you would shut up with your stupid questions...
GIEFF wrote:Why is Cephrir hurting the game more than blackcatcontract/Kairyuu or Mastin?
Cephir has 4 Posts... he is TOTALLY unreadable. bcc and mastin are list are supposedly catching up. Cephir is not. he did the same thing in mafia 91.
Cephrir is not necissarily unreadable. Gieff was so kind as to provide meta data that suggests Ceph lurks a lot more as town than he does as scum.

I have played with Cephrir once and he was scum. He lurked, but he would check into the game every now and then in order to steer the town toward mislynching. This is something that he is not doing in this game, and I think is somewhat notable.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:58 am

Post by GIEFF »

Zachrulez wrote:After over 1000 posts I can not believe that Mastin has not been lynched yet.

What does the inability to get support for his lynch say about his alignment? I mean... seriously?
It says that we have 2 other people not even playing the game, and a lot of other scummy behavior.

What would me flipping town tell you about Mastin's alignment?
What would Mastin flipping town tell you about my alignment?
Zachrulez wrote:I get the impression that Alex takes the coaching attitude as an aspect of his playing style, but I want to take a closer look and verify that.
Have you done this yet?

------
VP Baltar wrote:GIEFF, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you are making it somewhat difficult for this game to move forward. Arriving at a concensus now would be a good thing for the town. There is a lot of information to be garnered from a Mastin lynch, and it will eliminate a lurker. There is not a downside to this.
You aren't being a jerk at all.

But there IS a downside. I agree that alex-town is more useful than Mastin-town, but alex-scum IMPLIES Mastin-town, and I think alex is likelier to be scum.

I'm really surprised at how much resistance there is to alex's lynch, considering how many people said "it's alex or mastin guys," and considering that 9 players put alex on their scum-list.

What does all this resistance say about alex's alignment, Zach?
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:01 am

Post by GIEFF »

I think the problem a lot of you are having with my playstyle is that you take people at their word.

Alex claims that he said one thing, but this is something he would claim as either town OR scum. it is not the town's job to say "No, but player X said this," it is the town's job to determine which players's actions are more likely to be motivated by being scum.

So alex can claim he meant don't hammer until I post, but based on his ridiculous defense of Mastin early on, his appearance in the thread RIGHT after Mastin hit L-1, and his refusal to vote for camn (a player he claims to find scummy) in order to GIVE himself that extra day he asked for, I feel that a scum-motivated explanation makes a lot more sense, no matter WHAT alex may claim. I can't count how many times people have accused me of "misrepping" somebody because what they claim they have done is different than what I am accusing them of doing. That's the whole point.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:03 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Maybe there was a lot of it's Alex or Mastin, but the choice was made overwhelmingly for Mastin, and you singlehandedly decided you didn't like that choice and are trying to chose Alex for us, even though most of us have already made up our mind about a Mastin lynch.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:03 am

Post by GIEFF »

See, if I were camn, now alex would say "Hey GIEFF, I advise you to adjust your playstyle because people find it scummy."

Somehow, I think he's going to say something different, though.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:09 am

Post by SensFan »

Christ, guys. Stop spamming this thread, and let's agree on a fucking lynch.

Mastin or Alex should be lynched.
Jammer and Benmage lynches would be fine as well.
People who aren't named's lynch wouldn't affect this game, since they aren't posting. They probably shouldn't be lynched, but its better than nothing.
Perhaps surprisingly, I don't like a GIEFF lynch anymore, but will support if if needed.
I will only vote BM/Camn/KMD/Sens at a deadline, to avoid a No Lynch.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:11 am

Post by Zachrulez »

We agreed on Mastin and Gieff finds that unacceptable. He's the key that's spreading all the votes around right now.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”