ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:52 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Raivann's two finished newbie games:
Newbie 744
Newbie 789

He has one other finished game as far as I know, but you can't find any posts from him there as you were only allowed to have one post which you had to edit to post and got deleted if killed.

Vote Count #6

Raivann (3) - Debonair Danny DiPietro, Santos, Sho Minamimoto
Debonair Danny DiPietro (3) - Toro, itacv2, Raivann
itacv2 (1) - ekiM
Santos (1) - Kise
Toro (1) - ZazieR
Sho Minamimoto (1) - muzzz
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:55 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Raivann

Will you answer now?:
ZazieR wrote:
Raivann wrote:
Exalt wrote:@Raivann: Please answer my question to you on why your single and only post in the entire game is to say that I was trying too hard when I removed my vote. Since it was your only post of the game and since you voted me without explaining it, I'm asking that you do. How was I trying too hard, and in what way did it look scummy enough to deserve a vote.
No hard evidence, just a hunch.
My explanation was trying too hard, should have said to appear townie.
You also seem overly worried about my vote on you.
Can you give more details why you think that Exalt was trying to hard to appear as townie?
ZazieR wrote:
Raivann wrote:
Anyways, Raivann is scum. We should all vote for her.
So sorry, townie here and I'm a dude, Danny
Why did you already claim?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:57 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Santos wrote:haha, I'm in way too many mafias :p

I rescind my reason(s)
Opinion of DDD's explanation?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:59 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Raivann wrote:
muzzz wrote:I wouldn't say Exalt has foot-in-mouth disease, but his temper-flares do make him a cheap target.

@Raivann: linkies to completed games, please.
I've completed 2 newbie games, I don't know how to put in links though

unvote,Vote: Debonair Danny DiPietro

I originally didn't mind his vote on me. We could see voting patterns and such.
Now he's trying to get me lynched because he sees me as an easy target.

I'm thinking scumteam is DDD/Toro.
Did he say the bolded? If so, where? If not, why do you think this?
And why DDD/Toro?
Ignore the ''R''
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:02 am

Post by Santos »

ZazieR wrote:Opinion of DDD's explanation?
I like it.
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:10 am

Post by ZazieR »

itacv2 wrote:Inactiveness is a way used by scums to lay low, but i think Toro has not shown a true scum face thats why i will not think bad about him, yet.

As for Raivann, HE IS AN EASY TARGET as was put before.
@Raivann- there is no way you can prove the case against you wrong, the only chance u stand is to detecting a threat bigger than you in order to avoid being lynched.

@DDD- since it was you who also broght to attention the change of playstyle in this guy what else you suggest could be a proper approach to this situation. Because even when i still think you might be scum, you are making a point there.

@everyone else- I still think That DDD has a chance to be a big shot scum, lol, but he makes a point. I think we might want to test the case.
Why? If Raivann is lynched and he is town we might be short of one people but a nontalkative one, since he is counterproductive is not a big deal and might then watch the patterns of behavior , the bandwagoners and reactions to the lynch.

Aside from this i dont think i can make at this time make a clearer case than the ones being held
Unvote Vote itacv2
(Did I spell it correct :?)
First of all, thinking that Raivann is town, yet still wanting to lynch him. If that isn't scummy, then voting for the reasons he give, should be. Because the same would go for an itacv2-lynch (Except maybe for the part of counterproductive, as I have no idea what he means with that)
Other than that, asking a player he thinks is scum for advice. 'Coaching' Raivann. Asking others if we should lynch Raivann, while he's not suspicious of him, but being suspicious of DDD.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:11 am

Post by ZazieR »

Santos wrote:
ZazieR wrote:Opinion of DDD's explanation?
I like it.
Now with reasons?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:13 am

Post by ZazieR »

ekiM wrote:Santos isn't pulling his weight. He says that he's in way too many games, but I count just two others where he's active (plus one he just died in). What gives?
Also this, Santos^^
Ignore the ''R''
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:20 am

Post by muzzz »

I just skimmed through the first pages of Zazie's links. Turns out Raivann was more active both as town and as scum.

@Itac: I think you've posted less than Raivann. How would you feel if we lynched you to test your case?
Most justified random vote ever:
"Vote: muzzz for making my girlfriend think you were me" - Rai
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:36 am

Post by Santos »

Zaz wrote:Now with reasons?
It had logic and substantial evidence.

As for pulling my weight, I've just neglected to read rules in every game I play. This accounts for my problems as a mafia player. I'm learning.
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
itacv2
itacv2
Townie
itacv2
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:17 am

Post by itacv2 »

I just want to get movement, since this is going nowhere. Also you may think i want Raivann lynched when i dont. If you are paying attention i never retired the vote on DDD since i think at this moment he is SCUM and noone has proven otherwise or that we should consider any another player to check.

To lack of arguments my vote stays.

Also when i say counterproductive means that while we have a change that we may find useful information doing it, the chances are low compared with what has been called mislynches.

Also, If i said that Raivann could be mafia but if he was not, was ok anyways, you misunderstood it. What i meant was that given the evidence presented this could mean one of two things, either Raivann is Scum or DDD is looking extensively to change the crosshairs in his head. Or maybe both.

Change in playstayle is known as a kill me strategy for newbs, and a change like the one shown when a overly active player changes to idontwannaspeakalot guy, most of the time this happen because the player dont know how to impersonate the character that was assigned, meaning that he is either scum or important role character.
I will either find a way or make one.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:28 am

Post by ZazieR »

itavc2 wrote:I just want to get movement, since this is going nowhere. Also you may think i want Raivann lynched when i dont. If you are paying attention i never retired the vote on DDD since i think at this moment he is SCUM and noone has proven otherwise or that we should consider any another player to check.
Are you saying that you want somebody lynched to get this game moving in your first sentence?
No, you didn't remove your vote. But you did ask if we shouldn't test the case. That sounds to me like you are asking if we shouldn't lynch Raivann. By doing this, you also are soft-pushing. And the last bit of not considering another player to check, that is false. Because you stated that DDD has a point against Raivann. So you do agree with what he's saying.
Also when i say counterproductive means that while we have a change that we may find useful information doing it, the chances are low compared with what has been called mislynches.
I still don't get it :?
Also, If i said that Raivann could be mafia but if he was not, was ok anyways, you misunderstood it. What i meant was that given the evidence presented this could mean one of two things, either Raivann is Scum or DDD is looking extensively to change the crosshairs in his head. Or maybe both.
Stop using difficult terms >.<
State if you think Raivann will flip town or scum.
Change in playstayle is known as a kill me strategy for newbs, and a change like the one shown when a overly active player changes to idontwannaspeakalot guy, most of the time this happen because the player dont know how to impersonate the character that was assigned, meaning that he is either scum or important role character.
If you have checked the links I have given, you'll see that Raivann has been scum before. And a change in activity between different games doesn't mean a thing.
Also, I don't like what you just pointed out.
Ignore the ''R''
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:07 am

Post by Toro »

ZazieR wrote:
DDD wrote:Reasons for voting Raivann:

1) Meta - I was working on a pet project of mine and compiling data from a recently completed Newbie game Raivann was involved in. In the first five pages he had nearly thirty posts and accounted for almost thirty percent of all game posts, he was a vanilla townie. So far in this game he has a total of six posts over a similar time span. And it's not as if this was an ineffective strategy, town won the game and Raivann was NKed N3. So why such a substantial change in style unless there's a change in role?

2) Vote on Exalt - It's a terrible vote and he jumps on someone else's bad logic to place it. It's a good vote for scum because Exalt has foot in mouth disease which means it's easy to sustain with an adequate chance of securing a mislynch.

3) Response to my vote - There are certain behaviors that might've persuaded me that he's town, I didn't see any of them. His asking if I was "certain" didn't help his case either in my eyes.
Weak case.
Meta argument isn't valid. Reason 3 wasn't present yet when voted. Leaving only #2. Yet, he made already one post after ekiM complained about Raivann's vote. He had no comment. In his next post, he votes.
So three questions:
-When did you check his meta?
-Why did you check his meta?
-Why didn't you comment on Raivann's vote earlier?

I'm also interested in hearing why you voted without giving your reasons and asking others to vote with you.
I agree with ZazieR here, there's no real evidence here why we should all try to lynch Raivann. People, I'm telling you, DDD is scum, he should be the one hanging by the end of the day.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:13 am

Post by ZazieR »

What are your reasons for thinking that DDD is scum?
Ignore the ''R''
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:27 am

Post by Toro »

A:) He's been ultra defensive and ultra aggresive so far this game.
B:) He's started a bandwagon on Raivann with no concrete evidence on why we should lynch him.
C:) I'm gettin' that scummy feeling from him.
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:28 am

Post by Toro »

^ wow ^ :lol:
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:47 am

Post by Raivann »

muzzz wrote:I just skimmed through the first pages of Zazie's links. Turns out Raivann was more active both as town and as scum.

@Itac: I think you've posted less than Raivann. How would you feel if we lynched you to test your case?
Fyi my home comp. is down I'm trying to squeeze in posts from work.
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:23 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

ZazieR wrote:Weak case.
Meta argument isn't valid. Reason 3 wasn't present yet when voted. Leaving only #2. Yet, he made already one post after ekiM complained about Raivann's vote. He had no comment. In his next post, he votes.
So three questions:
-When did you check his meta?
-Why did you check his meta?
-Why didn't you comment on Raivann's vote earlier?

I'm also interested in hearing why you voted without giving your reasons and asking others to vote with you.
Meta is perfectly valid, Zaz. Now, we're not dealing with a large sample size here so it could be mere coincidence but so far the trend suggests more postings = town, less postings = scum. Furthermore, you question my third point and ask why I'd vote without giving reasons? Reactions, specifically Raviann's to verify or run counter to my opinion.

When? Would've been Monday of this week.
Why? I was compiling data for a project I'm doing relating to newbie games. Raivann's name came up as a statistical outlier in my data at which time I realized I was playing with him in this game and his behavior was quite different.
Why no comment? Between Raivann's vote on Exalt and my vote of him I posted once which was a joke "hi" to you. So essentially I did comment on Raivann's vote with my next serious post.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:34 pm

Post by Raivann »

@Zazie-
My vote on Exalt didn't really have any hard evidence just a feeling.

I didn't mean to claim anything except not scum.But I am Vanilla Townie

[quote"Zazie"]
Did he say the bolded? If so, where? If not, why do you think this?
And why DDD/Toro?
[/quote]
No, because I wanted to OMGUS vote him.
And Toro just from a process of elimination.

Are you asking a bunch of questions to keep heat off you?
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:50 pm

Post by Raivann »

itacv2 wrote: @everyone else- I still think That DDD has a chance to be a big shot scum, lol, but he makes a point. I think we might want to test the case.
Why? If Raivann is lynched and he is town we might be short of one people but a nontalkative one, since he is counterproductive is not a big deal and might then watch the patterns of behavior , the bandwagoners and reactions to the lynch.
I wouldn't say counterproductive. I'm just having a little virus problem on home computer.
Instead of lynching me to see DDD's alignment, let's just lynch DDD.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Toro wrote:A) He's been ultra defensive and ultra aggresive so far this game.
B) He's started a bandwagon on Raivann with no concrete evidence on why we should lynch him.

C) I'm gettin' that scummy feeling from him.
I can't decide if the bolded statement is more ironic or more hypocritical, but either way it's a good source of lulz.
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:49 pm

Post by Toro »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
Toro wrote:A) He's been ultra defensive and ultra aggresive so far this game.
B) He's started a bandwagon on Raivann with no concrete evidence on why we should lynch him.

C) I'm gettin' that scummy feeling from him.
I can't decide if the bolded statement is more ironic or more hypocritical, but either way it's a good source of lulz.
/facepalm

Sure, scum.
Sho Minamimoto
Sho Minamimoto
Goon
Sho Minamimoto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:12 pm

Post by Sho Minamimoto »

Unvote

I am tired, so I will commit to this more tomorrow. In the mean time, I am going to watch DDD with this Toro guy. I think it'll be interesting.
This is my latest masterpiece. I call it: "Myself!"

One mafia win and one mafia loss... CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:49 pm

Post by Exalt »

Sho Minamimoto wrote:
Exalt wrote:
Raivann wrote:No hard evidence, just a hunch.
My explanation was trying too hard, should have said to appear townie.
You also seem overly worried about my vote on you.

I'm sorry for saying I agree w/you ekiM.
It won't happen again.
I don't see how one vote would make me overly worried, but its whatever you wanna think I guess. I didn't realize me asking you a question to get you to produce some type of content other than a quick vote was showing I am worried. Maybe YOU are the one trying too hard to look town now :D :D :D
I would like to note that the above is one of those overwhelmingly beautiful moments (outside of mathematics of course) where Exalt looks like a half decent player.
Are you trying to get on my good side Sho? Why do you go out of your way to try to butter me up at this point? Is it because you are being honest/sarcastic or is it because you are trying to avoid further attention from me?

ZazieR wrote:Post 84
Exalt, regarding the first bit about Sho, ekiM had a good comment about it. Can you comment on this quote?:
ekiM wrote:I find people playing with an affected persona obnoxious, but Sho obviously intended to post this way before he got his role PM so I don't see how it can possibly be scummy. I certainly won't support any sort of policy lynch based upon it.
I thought I explained my reasoning already. Reread posts 84, 86, and 87. If I need to explain it further, I will. As far as his comment on not supporting a policy lynch, to me it just seems like his opinion. I never classified Sho originally as a policy lynch, but more so at the time he was looking scummy to me in a few of his posts, but everyone was classifying it simply as his play style. If you haven't noticed, he has changed quite a bit in how he posts, which can be something to look at or not. I'm not sure myself, but he doesn't have the scum feel that he did before. I don't know how to answer this any further really beyond what I already said. Maybe rephrase the question if you want me to clarify better.

ZazieR wrote:
Exalt wrote:
ZazieR wrote:Regarding Post 35
Is this scummy to you or not?
The ad hom is noted.
I'm not sure this question was toward me or not. Please say my name first because it is an open ended question. I guess I will explain it though either way. DDD was acting like a complete ass in his arrogance toward other players, and I told him to stop in so many words. I UNVOTED him because he was stacking up I think 3 or 4 votes at the time, and I wasn't about to keep my random vote on him simply because he was being so abrasive and arrogant. I guess some of you think it is scummy for me to remove my vote (Raivann), but I don't view it as such, and frankly I don't care what you think. I won't structure my vote habits around the opinions of players like Raivann simply to make myself look more "town" in his eyes. I unvoted because I don't see DDD as scum at the moment.
Perhaps I wasn't clear, but I was asking if DDD's response was scummy or not. See post 35 to see about which response from DDD I'm talking about as you comment on it in this post.
I think he was very standoffish, but i think its a null tell if anything. I just viewed him as arrogant, which isn't scummy in itself. I wouldn't use this as any type of evidence to prove he was scum if I was building a case on him, if that is what you are asking.
ZazieR wrote:
Exalt wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
Exalt
, do you think Sho is scummy or not?
Because at some moments I have the impression you do. But at other moments, I don''t get this impression.
I'm very wishy washy on him at the moment. Sometimes I think it is just his play style that is just inherently scummy, while other times I get the feeling that he is doing it with more sinister goals in mind. I really don't know yet, but since I have opinions on both sides of the fence my vote stays for now. Simply put, your impressions of me are correct so far.
You're saying that Sho might have more sinister goals in mind with this playstyle. So can you explain how this playstyle would help Sho-scum?
And about which vote are you talking? You haven't voted anyone after you unvoted DDD.
The vote comment was a mistake. I had voted Sho in a different game that he is in with me. I don't think I can clarify it any more than that since it might be against the rules.

As far as his play style helping Sho-scum, I think this is common sense. Sho hasn't kept up on his trolling type posts that I originally saw them as though, so it kind of ruins that aspect of it for him and for me having something to base a case on. The way he was doing it before, Sho looked scummy based on his play style, and so everyone said "hes not really scummy, its just his play style that looks that way" which would make him scot free in terms of being accused of anything. At this point though, he has made decent posts that don't look all together scummy, so I think that case is dismissed at this point.

Since I have so many questions regarding this, I'm gonna split it up in to more posts.... there seem to be a lot all on the same issue
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:24 pm

Post by Exalt »

ekiM wrote: Exalt, I think I don't really understand what you're saying. You've said you're not suggesting a policy lynch on Sho for his posting style, but that you
would
vote for him if he kept posting like that. I guess I don't understand the fundamental difference between pushing a policy lynch now, and suggesting you'll push one later. Both are suggesting that someone should be lynched for
the way that they post
rather than
because they are likely to be scum
. I think we should lynch people we think are likely to be scum, and I don't see how someone choosing to post in a certain way (in this and another game) makes it more likely that they are scum.

Do you think Sho posting this way makes him more likely to be scum, or are you saying this style of posting could be so anti-town it should be dealt with by a lynch even if it doesn't make him likely scum, or that it's impossible to determine the scumminess of someone posting that way? Or something else?

In answer to your question, I'm going to be ignoring his way of phrasing things and examining what he actually says and seeing if it is scummy. I don't see why his using "zetta" instead of "very" means that we can't attempt to deduce his alignment in the same way as we would with any other player.
In a lot of ways, my stance on Sho has changed when he changed the way he posts. Before I saw it as trolling and very anti-town, but at this point he has given some legit posts and scum hunted a little bit, so there is less gray area. Because of that, my stance on him is different than it was before. If I vote him now, it is because he is scummy and not because of his "play style" if you want to call it that.

As far as you saying we should not lynch him for the "way he posts", well I disagree, because if he slips up and makes scummy posts, then obviously you cannot call that a play style. If he makes mistakes and looks like scum and does scummy things in his posts, then why are you calling it his play style still? Get what I'm saying here?

You cannot call everything he does and says a play style, because you are just going to give him a free pass. At that point, I would call you scummy for supporting a possible partner because you refuse to scum hunt him based on saying it is his play style.

I think we can see the difference now in his posts that show when he is acting scummy and when he is acting town. Before, he seemed like a huge troll to me, and so there was far more gray area involved.

To everyone: I guess what I'm saying is that Sho clearly has changed his posting into being actually productive instead of just trying to follow a character. Yes, he still says "in character" things like zetta and uses a lot of useless math still, but he makes posts now that have a purpose, which I did not see before I pointed it out to everyone.

As far as my question where I asked what happens if we cannot tell the difference between him being scummy and him just using a play style, it was more a hypothetical than an actual analysis. DDD suggested I was giving up on actually scum hunting him and going for a policy lynch, but that was never the case. I wanted to ask the hypothetical anyway as a way of getting people to realize we cannot just view everything Sho says as a play style. If he is acting scummy, he is acting scummy.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”